Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

6 Foolproof Tips: How To Pass Post UTME - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Foolproof Tips: How To Pass Post UTME (558 Views)

How To Prepare And Pass Post UTME In One Week / How To Pass Post UTME In Any Nigerian University / How To Pass Post-utme Admission Screening Exams For 2018/2019 Academic Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Foolproof Tips: How To Pass Post UTME by kengreatleads(m): 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
First I congratulate all admission hopefuls who were able to make the eligible cut-off mark for their respective prospective schools. As you rightly know, passing UTME is just a step towards getting admitted into higher institution. You’ve got to pass Post UTME too! So let’s get you prepared for Post UTME…

Understand your prospective school’s UTME admission pattern
Although I prefer every school adopt a unified UTME admission pattern like the transparent UTME admission pattern Unilag uses. The fact is, UTME admission vary across higher institutions. It is therefore wise you understand the pattern through which your prospective school admits students via UTME. To properly prepare for the Post UTME, you need to know the admission pattern of your prospective school so as to know your chance of getting admitted and set a target score for yourself.

Make a friend in your prospective school
Thank God for internet, quite easily you can establish a contact in your prospective school by merely checking Facebook, Nairaland and other social platforms. With these friends, you don’t necessarily have to travel down to the school to get latest updates on admission related matters. They can even help you get a place to settle when you eventually travel to the school for your Post UTME. The benefits of having a friend in the school you wish to secure admission cannot be overemphasized.

Get past questions asap!
It’s a good thing your set is not the first to attempt this post-UTME. It is therefore wise you get if possible all the post-UTME past questions of your prospective school and start studying with them. Post-UTME aside, as a student, you should make it a habit of preparing for any exam with past questions. Personally, past questions didn’t just help me during post-UTME preparation, they helped me during my university days and even after university in preparing for job tests.

Socialize!
At this stage of your admission adventure, it is risky to isolate yourself. Join Facebook groups relating to admission, check education section of Nairaland regularly. In all make sure you maximize the help social media can offer you in actualizing your admission dream. Endeavor also to hang around fellow admission seekers, especially those seeking also seeking admission into your prospective school.

Fall in love with the school’s website
I wouldn’t find it surprising if some admission seekers do not know the website of the school they seek admission. If you fall in this category of Jambites, change right now! You need to glue the domain name of your prospective school’s website to your heart. Not just that, make it a habit to visit the website regularly at least every 4hours daily. Also endeavor to always confirm any news you get from any source on the official website of your prospective school. This way it will be difficult for you to fall victim of admission fraudsters roaming everywhere looking for gullible admission seekers to defraud.

Trust in God
It is one thing to prepare properly for an exam, it is another to be favored by God in that exam. I recall, after narrating my miraculous admission story to a friend, the first this he said was “that’s favor!”. My admission story is a story for another day. The point I’m trying to make is, as you prepare for your post-UTME, believe in yourself and trust in God’s ability to crown your efforts with success.

And for those who could not make the cut-off mark, don’t be too hard of yourself. The fact that you attempted UTME is a sign of your commitment to making something meaningful out of your life. Don’t give up on trying, all you need do is go back to the drawing board, come back stronger with more determination, hard-work and positive attitude. God will definitely crown your efforts with success. I wish you all the best in your academic pursuit.

http://amebojoint.com/2016/07/29/6-foolproof-tips-pass-post-utme/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Delsu Acceptance Fee 2016 Let All Of Us Meet Here / Mass Comm Ogitech Elect New President / 4icu Ranking: 15 Nigerian Universities Make Top 100 List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.