Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account (23005 Views)

Mayowa Ahmed Of #SaveMayowa Is Dead / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa / Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by lonelydora: 1:07pm On Jul 30, 2016
Beremx:
If they raised 85million, na dia luck na!

Same thing I told wifey. They shouldn't block the account. It is their luck. Just as people pay tithes and care less what the pastor does with it. Give and wait for your blessings.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by olisafincy(m): 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2016
scam full naija
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
So it's scam undecided
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by mriyesecnerwal(m): 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
Will the money be refuded to the people who contributed? I didn't contribute tho but if it was a scam its bad. May we not have form of cancer.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by AleAirHub(m): 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2016
I try much as possible to stay away from jamboree donation that end up into LAZY & CROOK ACCOUNT. embarassed embarassed embarassed

##AM NOT SURPRISE
cool cool cool
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Beremx(f): 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2016
lonelydora:

Same thing I told wifey. They shouldn't block the account. It is their luck. Just as people pay tithes and care less what the pastor does with it. Give and wait for your blessings.
blocking their account doesn't make sense. If they got excess of funds she needed? Who's fault is it? Should they now refund the money back to the donors?

police should hands off and let the family of the lady be.

2 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by EmekaBlue(m): 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2016
See jealous people...coz d family luckily got good aid from Nigerians dem don change d matter for them.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by sunnymaja(m): 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2016
In all honesty, which tribe is more dubious than yours. The tribe that is known as looking for money at all cost including sacrificing his own mother, tribe that can carry placards to support well known thieves. You better get sense and stop talking about tribe but about issues on ground
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2016
DJHANDSOME:
You lonely Idiot, must everything be tribal huh? undecided undecided

You are the one destroying this country not buhari angry angry

I don't know why you didn't ignore that rabbit
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by gabrielniy(m): 1:15pm On Jul 30, 2016
IamQuins:
Wow! Police don hammer, free money for the force coz the Nigerian police I know will never release this money and if they do trust me it won't be complete.
The account has been frozen pending the time investigation will be concluded. It does not mean NPF has access to the money in the account.
IamQuins:
Wow! Police don hammer, free money for the force coz the Nigerian police I know will never release this money and if they do trust me it won't be complete.
The account has been frozen pending the time investigation will be concluded. It does not mean NPF has access to the money in the account.
IamQuins:

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by xprezboy: 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
taking the advantages of mayowa's situation by her family ......not the best.

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
I'm surprised this thread is devolving into tribal mudslinging and there are mods on this forum - and an admin too! Do they just push posts to the front page and then forget about it completely, allowing people who reason in a manner that would make five year Olds ashamed have a field day? There's a serious issue at hand and someone is only concerned about whose tribe did/does what. Seriously, Nigerians!

Seun, are you tacitly encouraging this?!!

3 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by jrusky(m): 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
I know of a tribe in south west. It's name start with Y and end with A, you can find the word ROBBER among the pronunciation.(By Teensway)

Bro or Lady Teensway or Tinsway or whichever whatever please do you have to turn everything to tribal issue What brought about insulting the Yoruba on this issue now please Without much time wasted I knew you are from my region called the East because that is our ways but wait a minute I guess four or five or more Nigerians were executed just 3 days ago in Indonesia for drug offences and please did you manage to check their names? if no, then they are all from East so what about that? Moreso many are still on line for execution from that same region in Nigeria where you and I came from. So for this poor family trying to play smart its just simple trace of poverty and no god adviser that is why they are this desperate and its never tribe thing ok please stop insinuating tribal war in all things.

Moreso get the fact straight today when we talk in term of crime in Nigeria East is the the champion please I'm from that regon but I don't deceive myself simply because I want to look good citizen or good guy to my people, please Hell No. I will say the fact to your face take it or burst it I don't care. The record is straight no argument about it, I know this will anger them and started cursing as usual I'm not bother a bit if you stand on the truth no matter how anyone curses you it will go back to them in 100 folds. Any man God do not curse no man can curse if you curse you will get the curse back.

So bro get life ok playing smart in presence of a such huge cash can happen in any place, tribe, religion or in any political affiliation so biko money is a demon get that fact.

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by S1mOne(f): 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
Teensway:
I know of a tribe in south west. It's name start with Y and end with A, you can find the word ROBBER among the pronunciation.

Can we stop with this tribal sentiment already. This can happen to anybody. The NGO lady concluded this was a scam because the family requested for privacy, the patient does not have a visa, the family told the matron they are taking her abroad and a family member gave a conflicting figure of the amount raised.
They will request for privacy because too many people wanted to help which is not free. I wonder how many kind Nigerians have given them addresses or phone numbers of their Pastors or Imams. My point is they cannot accept offer of help from everybody. I probably missed when the family released a statement that 30 million was raised instead of 85 million. If a member of the family came forward with the figure, was the person privy to the total amount in the account, was he the family's spokesperson. The patient cannot apply for a visa until they pay the hospital and they will then be sent an invitation letter. They told the Matron they are taking her abroad because that was the plan. There is no point having further tests (which is not free and can take days or months) if there is already an alternative arrangement.
People have done their part contributing the little they have to help this sick Nigerian. In my opinion the family should be left alone to spend the money for her recovery as they deem fit, this is no time asking the confused family for accountability. If you have ever been in this position you will understand how overwhelming it can be with hundreds of people offering to help at a time when you are already depressed and confused.
The NGO lady should understand though she is a part of this, she is clearly not the only one asking questions and trying to give advice to this family. I wonder if a judge can convict this family of fraud based on these evidence. This is clearly a sad case for all the parties involved.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by raymond284(m): 1:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
Same story with different heading. Meanwhile, the police didn't announce the total sum of money is N85

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by andresia(m): 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
lonelydora:

Nobody is begrudging them that. Point is why under declare the sum if there is no criminal intent? Remember, it is public funds donated to a noble purpose and people will definitely need to know that their money were spent on exactly what it was meant for. Why under declare and shroud the arrangements in secrecy? They shouldn't have gone public with mayor's case in the first place then

3 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by yunafa(f): 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2016
Can we all just leave these people to God Almighty? If it will take 85M or 30M or even 10 thousand naira to do the needful for this very and obviously ill lady to be better then let it be. God will judge us all according to our intentions and actions. Allow God to determine the judgement for He alone is All Seeing, All Knowing.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Izen: 1:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
S1mOne:

Can we stop with this tribal sentiment already. This can happen to anybody. The NGO lady concluded this was a scam because the family requested for privacy, the patient does not have a visa, the family told the matron they are taking her abroad and a family member gave a conflicting figure of the amount raised.
They will request for privacy because too many people wanted to help which is not free. I wonder how many kind Nigerians have given them addresses or phone numbers of their Pastors or Imams. My point is they cannot accept offer of help from everybody. I probably missed when the family released a statement that 30 million was raised instead of 85 million. If a member of the family came forward with the figure, was the person privy to the total amount in the account, was he the family's spokesperson. The patient cannot apply for a visa until they pay the hospital and they will then be sent an invitation letter. They told the Matron they are taking her abroad because that was the plan. There is no point having further tests (which is not free and can take days or months) if there is already an alternative arrangement.
People have done their part contributing the little they have to help this sick Nigerian. In my opinion the family should be left alone to spend the money for her recovery as they deem fit, this is no time asking the confused family for accountability. If you have ever been in this position you will understand how overwhelming it can be with hundreds of people offering to help at a time when you are already depressed and confused.
The NGO lady should understand though she is a part of this, she is clearly not the only one asking questions and trying to give advice to this family. I wonder if a judge can convict this family of fraud based on these evidence. This is clearly a sad case for all the parties involved.

I don't think toyin and aramide count as everybody in this sense. They spearheaded the whole campaign na. Why did the family wait till they finished raising the money before denying both of them access to Mayowa. People donated on good faith so even if you feel the family should be allowed to spend the money as they deem fit, it will send a wrong signal to people helping them. If a situation like this arises again, people will be skeptical to donate, trust me. The family is shady af IMO. What is wrong is wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by aAK1(m): 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2016
i am really happy for Nigerians. i cant believe 85 million was raised that fast. i donated and i did it without expecting anything in return. what i expect is an attempt most be made to save her first.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by udysweet(f): 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
Gbam!
cirmuell:
Punch only reapeated what we've been reading for the past few days. Nothing new here

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by S1mOne(f): 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
Izen:

I don't think toyin and aramide count as everybody in this sense. They spearheaded the whole campaign na. Why did the family wait till they finished raising the money before denying both of them access to Mayowa. People donated on good faith so even if you feel the family should be allowed to spend the money as they deem fit, it will send a wrong signal to people helping them. If a situation like this arises again, people will be skeptical to donate, trust me. The family is shady af IMO. What is wetting is wrong.

I am not disputing the fact Toyin and Aramide spearheaded the whole campaign, there is a Yoruba adage that says "A ki i se ore tan ka tun joko ti". They have done their part, it is now left for the family to spend the money on the sick lady in peace without us telling them what or what not to do. In my opinion, the family are very confused at the moment.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by wickedworld: 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
Sure Nigeria police will have their share secretly. They got involve in the matter as if Nigerians can trust them.

Hope ambode can get involve. Where ten thousand is given to the family Nigeria police want share if not they will set up lies against the family.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Standing5(m): 2:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
midolian:
Helping a Nigerian these days is more difficult than grasping a shadow...An average Nigerian sees every situation as an opportunity to exploit people. Tell 3people from different countries the world will come to an end tomorrow, one of them will only think of selling all his properties(probably to have enough money to spend in the hereafter)...This one person must be the Nigerian. Its this bad!

I suspect the family of the Mayowa didn't understand how the donation thing works. Probably they were thinking excess funds would go to the fund raising agency for other people and decided to stick to the Mayowa figure alone. Change of plans could av been caused by cheaper or superior alternative. In all, God knows best.

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by hpk(m): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
BHET IN THE END MAYOWA WILL STILL DIE... INSTEAD OF ENJOYING HER LAST DAYS WITH FAMILY AND LOVED ONES, DEM DECIDE TO CHOOSE DRAMA, ISSORAI!!!

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by benedictac(f): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
I think with this, some people who were too fast on Linda Ikeji owe her apology. IMO

6 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by hpk(m): 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2016
YOUR BITTERNESS IS DIVINE, CANDY CRUSH STYLE... smh!!!
BABANGBALI:
I just hope no be dis controversy dem go take kill dis girl and share the money made on her behalf. Toyin aimakhu is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch and I hate her.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by hpk(m): 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
I CONCUR!!!
benedictac:
I think with this, some people who were too fast on Linda Ikeji owe her apology. IMO

5 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by BABANGBALI: 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
hpk:
YOUR BITTERNESS IS DIVINE, CANDY CRUSH STYLE... smh!!!
no be only crush?you go see fanta
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by BABANGBALI: 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
wickedworld:
Sure Nigeria police will have their share secretly. They got involve in the matter as if Nigerians can trust them.

Hope ambode can get involve. Where ten thousand is given to the family Nigeria police want share if not they will set up lies against the family.
you spoke my mind. I pray they do not twist her neck so as to facilitate the sharing of the money
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by remiotega: 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
Where are the foooools that insulted Linda ikeji ?you can See that u are nothing but useless haters ..now y'all can't even apologise.. Bad belle people..

2 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by idupaul: 3:05pm On Jul 30, 2016
Pprovost:
I support the government on this. Let the arrangement be made directly (if necessary) between the Lagos and Dubai hospitals for her treatment.

Its obvious her greedy family members prefer the money to her life in the first place.

Then na death get Mayoral be that and our corrupt govt officials will loot the money we donated to save a life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Orthopaedic Hospital Seizes Corpse, Islamic Family Kicks (photo) / Mentally Challenged Woman Wanders Away After Giving Birth To Bouncing Baby. PICS / COVID-19: Tobi Shares His Experience, Advises People To Get Vaccinated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.