Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,177 members, 7,811,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko (2455 Views)

Snake Killed By My Dog Last Night / See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by dmode: 7:58am On Jul 30, 2016
She's 9months old now,have tried every thing I know to make her add weight bt she's nt addin anything..d worst part of d matter is dat she's verrry picky...biko make una help a brother

Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 30, 2016
Leave the dog na undecided na by force grin
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by onatisi(m): 8:22am On Jul 30, 2016
Beat am then beg am

Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by emmyvet(m): 8:47am On Jul 30, 2016
I hate pickry dogs, I used to have one like that but sold it out because of her pickry nature.
Tips:

Always give her what she loves to eat but starve her when she starts doing shakara that will teach her some lesson.

Always deworm her at the right time and keep her on multivitamin.

Keeping pickry dogs are very difficult.
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by emperorkay: 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2016
First what breed of dog is that? Secondly does she have fat in her bloodline? Like is her parents or grand or great grand parents fat and big? Brother if they are not, then I don't possibly see how this one can be fat. But if they are and yet she's not fat and you want the dog to be fat? I'll give you some tips. Hola me when you are ready
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by erunz(m): 4:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
emperorkay:
First what breed of dog is that? Secondly does she have fat in her bloodline? Like is her parents or grand or great grand parents fat and big? Brother if they are not, then I don't possibly see how this one can be fat. But if they are and yet she's not fat and you want the dog to be fat? I'll give you some tips. Hola me when you are ready
how can learn too, on details to make a dog fat
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by jstrollet(m): 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
My GSD pup (Nellie) is no different from urs. Nellie is also 9months old & weighs 23kg, also very picky & has no confidence @ this stage yet looks healthy & threatening. For her weight, I think it's her low interest for the food I'm feeding her over 2months as she only eats very little & sometimes once a day. So, I'm thinking of introducing Chicken Necks & Head together with Indomie Waste & Fish Meal anything from next month.

Below is a pic of Nellie & less I forget, what does she weighs? & has she come on heat yet?

Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by onatisi(m): 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
There is nothing wrong with your dogs ,they just dont like Nigeria and buhari.
@ jstrollet,, But come to think about it ,how can u give a dog chicken head and expect it to be happy?
Lol just kidding

1 Like

Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by dmode: 6:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
emperorkay:
.her parents hav normal size I.e nt fat and nt slim and she's mostly gsd(bullmastiff/gsd crossbred-sire..gsd-dam)
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by jstrollet(m): 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2016
onatisi:
There is nothing wrong with your dogs ,they just dont like Nigeria and buhari.
@ jstrollet,, But come to think about it ,how can u give a dog chicken head and expect it to be happy?
Lol just kidding

Lol..... I came up with that decision cos she don't jokes with chicken head
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by dmode: 7:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
emmyvet:
I hate pickry dogs, I used to have one like that but sold it out because of her pickry nature.
Tips:

Always give her what she loves to eat but starve her when she starts doing shakara that will teach her some lesson.

Always deworm her at the right time and keep her on multivitamin.

Keeping pickry dogs are very difficult.
thanks,I think ill try d starving part
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by emperorkay: 7:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
dmode:
.her parents hav normal size I.e nt fat and nt slim and she's mostly gsd(bullmastiff/gsd crossbred-sire..gsd-dam)
people can mix. Anyways if you say the parents are normal, then no need getting worried. As she's growing up, she'll get to the size of her parents maybe bigger self

1 Like

Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by dmode: 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
emperorkay:
people can mix.
lol
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by dmode: 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
jstrollet:

Below is a pic of Nellie & less I forget, what does she weighs? & has she come on heat yet?
havnt checked her weight recently so I can't really say and no heat yet...
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by onatisi(m): 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
dmode:
thanks,I think ill try d starving part
Dont starve the poor dog ,dont look at it as an animal rather look after it like it is ur friend
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by fabulouskay(m): 8:30am On Jul 31, 2016
I think you made a mistake from the very start. Did u buy it as a puppy? I had the same problem too; I respected my cross-breed Rott too much and always gave it everything she wanted... it cost me a fortune till she died. Today, I've 2 pure ones... I was firm with their feeding(which is part of their training) from day-1. They eat EVERTHING my previous dog rejected. Don't get me wrong; She rejected good food like Fish heads, Beans, feed-mill food etc. There was a time she loved eating a whole cooked chicken once a day(dead ones from our poultry).

In summary, sell it off and get a new 6 weeks-old puppy from a reputable breeder to mould into your liking. Difficult but would be worth it at the end...trust me
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by dmode: 9:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
A big thanks to everybody for their advice...will try to implement as much as I can
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by edyken001: 9:29am On Aug 02, 2016
just get chicken liver and mix with indomie . liver is excellent for weight gain
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by Dexpro: 11:11am On Aug 02, 2016
dmode:
A big thanks to everybody for their advice...will try to implement as much as I can

My advice, get a pet protector. She might be infested.

Hey, your pups need PET protector. Keeping Your Pets Flea & Tick - Free for 4 Years wink

You can order here http://www.petprotector.org/products?ID=78181

Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by edogho(m): 12:12pm On Aug 02, 2016
Dexpro:

My advice, get a pet protector. She might be infested.

Hey, your pups need PET protector. Keeping Your Pets Flea & Tick - Free for 4 Years wink

You can order here http://www.petprotector.org/products?ID=78181
pls tell me wat to do wif mydog (puma).

She always has miscarriage n now she haz one sprained leg, despite vets visits,, it still happens
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by Dexpro: 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2016
Is she exposed to mosquito bites?Does she stay in or outdoor?
edogho:

pls tell me wat to do wif mydog (puma).

She always has miscarriage n now she haz one sprained leg, despite vets visits,, it still happens
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by edogho(m): 10:48pm On Aug 02, 2016
Dexpro:
Is she exposed to mosquito bites?Does she stay in or outdoor?
she's alsatian n she stays only in d confines of my gate
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by dochman779: 11:39pm On Aug 02, 2016
Gsd are slow eaters and have less interest on food cause dey are medium breed dogs, don't force ur dog because she's healthy as she is
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by dmode: 10:23am On Aug 03, 2016
edyken001:
just get chicken liver and mix with indomie . liver is excellent for weight gain
last tym I checked too much animal organs are nt good for dogs...correct me if I'm wrong
Re: Please Help!..my Dog Has Refused To Add Weight,i Need Advice Biko by edyken001: 11:09am On Aug 03, 2016
intestines are not good for your dog. chicken liver is very good. but should not be served in excess

(1) (Reply)

Litter Announcement: Book Your Boerboel Puppies From This Excellent Sire And Dam / Bullmastiff Puppies For Sale / Petlanders Please Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.