Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,811 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? (5692 Views)

It Wasn't A Lie- A Novella By Kayode Odusanya / A Novel by Kayode Odusanya: In The World Of Three / Bisi Ajala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by monie0078(f): 3:09pm On Feb 07, 2006
Hi again. Hmm...well that's food for thought you know.

pete:

I did read a few of his writings back in the days. I must admit that the guy is good. Well pretty strange that a Nairaland user just admitted seeing that some or one of his story is copied from another source.Even professors from Havard University do copy and paste.There was a recent case.
I want you guys to please allow me to admit that, that guy was good and he ruled the heart of many readers back then, especially the young female family.He was pretty swell.

Plagiarism: a piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work. That's what he did; He printed those stories and put his name at the bottom of them as though they were his. Everyone 'copies and pastes'. Because Havard professors do it doesn't make it right. Actually, the fact that you even know about the case means that their doing it raised enough eyebrows for their actions to be questioned.

I'm rambling... It's not my intention. All I'm saying is that it's wrong. He sold those magazines and made tons of money off of 'em. Now, whether he was good or not is questionable. One can argue that if he plagiarized '1' story, there's a possibility that he plagiarized '10'. So how do you measure the quality of his work if it's not really his work? Yes, the stories were good and juicy (no doubt), but how are we to know which ones he actually wrote versus the ones he copied? I'll concede this: The magazine was good, and the stories were entertaining. That's it. About him... well, the jury's out on that one. When one is able to seperate truth from fiction, then one is able to judge the truth.

I apologize for going on and on... I'm done. smiley
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by Ndipe(m): 11:23pm On May 20, 2006
Kayode Ajala was a household name in the publishing industry, as a result of his plum position in Hints magazine. He was highly compensated, but read that he left them to start his own publishing firm, "Heart magazine". Did not know it went out of business nor that he had quarelled with the founder, who had a column in the magazine, called "Fatherhood with , (have forgotten)) The last I read about Kayode Ajala was on Sunnewsonline and he had nothing but glowing praises for his former Mentor of Hints magazine. Not that I care, those magazines I think are pure garbage.
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by maedan(f): 7:25pm On Jan 11, 2009
Garbage then, still garbage now. grin. Youths, femmes n even guys need a revolution in the soft sell mag industry. A new flava , 'cos d stuff we have around these days . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by oluwdashmi(f): 1:19pm On Jan 12, 2009
Wow!! I read a lot of those hints and heart magazines back in my secondary school days. I must confess I loved them so much that I became an addict.

If they weren't true stories then his source of getting stories were nice once.

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ Money Ain't Loyal: A Hard-boiled Crime Fiction By Daniel Junior / Yoruba Language-history

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.