Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Waec Release 2009 May/June Ssce Result - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Waec Release 2009 May/June Ssce Result (3519 Views)

Ssce Result Expired After 5 Years / 2009 May/June WAEC SSCE Result Released! / Breaking News:weac Release This Year Ssce Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Waec Release 2009 May/June Ssce Result by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 19, 2009
The West African Examination Council yesterday released the eagerly awaited 2009 May/June SSCE result. It will be recalled that a week ago, the National Examination Council (NECO) released theirs breaking the tradition of "follow-suite" they are known for. However, more candidates (more than twice) passed WAEC this year than NECO as this report shows.

The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released the results of the May/June 2009 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
Head, Nigerian National Office of the Council, Dr. Iyi Uwadiae, who announced the results in Lagos yesterday, said a total of 1,373,009 candidates, consisting of 755,955 males and 617,054 females sat for the examination.
According to him, out of the total number, 1,265,090 candidates, representing 92.14 percent had their results processed, while 107,919 candidates, representing 7.86 percent have a few of their subjects still being processed, adding that the council was sorting out various errors and omissions mostly traceable to the candidates. Also, the results of 109,201 candidates, representing 8.0 percent were withheld based on various reports of their alleged involvement in examination malpractices.
Providing details of their performance, Uwadiae said statistics showed that 1,007,659 candidates, representing 73.3 percent made two credits and above; 860,665 candidates, (62.68 percent) had three credits and above; 718,269 candidates, (52.3 percent) scored four credits and above; 574,108 candidates, (41.87 percent) obtained five credits and above while 426,244 candidates (31.04 percent) made six credits and above.
However he said, of the total number of candidates that sat for the examination, only 356, 981, representing 25.99 percent obtained credits and above in English Language, Mathematics and at least three other subjects.

These he said were the candidates who could secure admission into tertiary institutions without combining two results, adding that a breakdown of the figure showed that 116,729 candidates are Science oriented; 33,024 are Social Science biased, while 100,632 candidates are Arts oriented.
Uwadiae said all reports on cases of involvement in examination malpractice were being compiled for presentation to the council’s Nigeria Examinations Committee and that the committee’s decision would soon be communicated to the affected candidates through their schools.
“Candidates who sat the examination will be able to check the details of their performance through their school principals or with their scratch cards on our results checking website: www.waecdirect.org within the next 24 hours”, he said.

Source: http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=154867
Re: Waec Release 2009 May/June Ssce Result by elbukaze(m): 11:57am On Sep 19, 2009
The west African examination council (waec) has released the result for the may/june senior school certificate exam (s s c e) today the result was formally announced by the council head of national office, Dr. Iyi Uwadiae at the council office Yaba in Lagos. Dr. Uwadiae said that out of over 1.3 million candidate that sat for the exam (in total 1,373,009 candidates consisting of 755,955 male and 617,054 female candidates sat for the may/june waec exam) only 356,981 of them obtained credit and above in English Language and mathematics and at least three other subjects representing 25.99% that is approximately 26%. Dear friend if u like my information pls help me, l took the exam but l dont have the money to purchase the scratch card, pls help me God almighty will pay u in a trillion fold, u can help me check the result and post it here my exam number is 4132046024 or send me scratch card pin and serial number to 08064741098, God will bless u for what u give to those in need is what u give to God

(1) (Reply)

Can I Study Computer Science In Unilag With This Waec Result / Who Can Solve This Pry 5 Quantitative Reasoning? / 10 Top Study Visa Interview Questions | Study In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.