Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,153 members, 7,957,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:35 AM

Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers (57088 Views)

Innocent Nigerian Man Freed In Malaysia After Being Arrested For Cultism. Photos / Humphrey Jefferson Ejike Eleweke Mistakenly Executed In Indonesia Over Drugs / Photos Of The Men Who Killed An Uber Driver In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by nigerianvenom(m): 11:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
IamQuins:
Medicine after death, best solution - desist from Indonesia, Nigeria is far better. Be it business or drugs pls just stay away coz u might be framed for being Nigerian alone.

This to me is the best post so far. It's easy to be framed up. So easy once u are a Nigerian
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by ATERI(m): 11:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
pippimp:

The person telling you as it is. This kind of criticism coming from a country where citizens summarily execute suspects in the street is hilarious to say the least.

From your reasoning, the fact that murder rate is high in America, or that American police murder unarmed blacks anyhow should mean that when Americans are wrongly accused or executed abroad, America shouldn`t complain, right?
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by pippimp(m): 11:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
ATERI:

From your reasoning, the fact that murder rate is high in America, or that American police murder unarmed blacks anyhow should mean that when Americans are wrongly accused or executed abroad, America shouldn`t complain, right?

Your reasoning is flawed. There is no country without crime. The issue is what kind. You don't see normal people in normal countries burning criminals in the street and worse still have the nerve to put it on youtube
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by pippimp(m): 11:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
rawgame:

You seem to be a masquerading mod. You want to get me angry so that you will turn around and ban me after. Your scheme didn't work this time. Take your leave.

You still haven't said anything not disproved my point.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by ATERI(m): 11:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
pippimp:

Your reasoning is flawed. There is no country without crime. The issue is what kind. You don't see normal people in normal countries burning criminals in the street and worse still have the nerve to put it on youtube

How many of such have you seen this year in abnormal Nigeria?
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by pippimp(m): 12:00am On Jul 31, 2016
ATERI:

How many of such have you seen this year in abnormal Nigeria?

Lol. Even one is too much. Are you sure you are current? Let me guess; you are going to have amnesia because you want to win an argument.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=video+of+jungle+justice+in+nigeria

And they shamelessly put it on the internet.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by rawgame(m): 12:16am On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

You still haven't said anything not disproved my point.

If I say my mind now, you will ban me. That is what you mods do this days. You hide behind alternates and provoke people to ban them later. Indonesia has now become your paradise where everything is perfect. Even Indonesia one of the most corupt countries is the world. OK
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by zheroes(m): 12:17am On Jul 31, 2016
priceaction:
If you follow the story well, to my understanding, the guy(victim) ran a restaurant in Indonesia. He employed some Nigerians and gave them accommodation, in the same house he ran his business they leave there. Now some drug dealers were traced to one of the employed guys (who i think later died in custody but confessed that the guy was not involved but no evidence to back this during his trials) . this later made the authorities to comb the house, and found some drugs in the apartment.
Now the owner of the restaurant, was arrested, and accused of running drug cartel with his business.
He denied owning the drug or involved in it. Eventually, it was not accepted. This led to what we have now.
Be the judge your self.
He may be innocent ,because he looks like one. And since the drug was notbdirectly liknked to him, life years imprisonment would hv been better but, I still don't want to believe you can't monitor activities of someone you gave accommodation and employment to especially in a terrain and hostile environment like Indonesia.
All is late now. Which ever way, lesson to those who always trust any kind of person. Thread carefully. Rip to him.
if your story is true then its a dead case. If you accomodate someone and you claim you did not know he was an armed robber, police did a search and found a gun in your apartment and the person is dead, what happens to you? In law he who owns the land owns the property on it so? Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are.!!!! Since 2004 and the lawyer is just saying this crap? Indonesia must be kind then!!!!!!
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by pippimp(m): 12:19am On Jul 31, 2016
rawgame:

If I say my mind now, you will ban me. That is what you mods do this days. You hide behind alternates and provoke people to ban them later. Indonesia has now become your paradise where everything is perfect. Even Indonesia one of the most corupt countries is the world. OK

You still haven't said anything? What is with this banning crap. You can still make your point without being insulting. Now make it.. If you can. My point is, when people are being burned in the streets in NIGERIA, you don't protest this fervently.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:20am On Jul 31, 2016
vickylala239:

What was he doing There in the 1st place...

Is it wen he knew he will die that he remembered that he is a Nigerian....

What happen to his lawyer,since he Claim he was blackmailed...Wat was d lawyers duty?

who does Nt knw that Indonesia is no drug zone....

Who does not knw that Indonesia is not Lik Nigeria, where a Senator can threat to kill a fellow Senator and nothing will happen....

Or loot money,den drag court case for 20yrs....

Or boko haram members given life in jail rather that. Killing them....after killing numerous...

Is it now that he knew he had,wife and kids...

Why will u enter lions den,even wen u Hv seen and read numerous warning that,that zone is life or death....

What was he looking for in Indonesia that he cnt find in another country.....

My dear forget Nigerians,they almost wnt to do unthinkable.......

To me I support Indonesia for this...now everyone will check his or her self,u will check ur bag on ur own before entering Indonesia....

This got me laughing, but what are Nigerians even looking for in Indonesia, I didn't even remember the country exist if not for this case. Indonesia, the name sef fear me

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by ATERI(m): 12:21am On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

Lol. Even one is too much. Are you sure you are current? Let me guess; you are going to have amnesia because you want to win an argument.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=video+of+jungle+justice+in+nigeria

And they shamelessly put it on the internet.

Trust me, I don`t argue in order to score points; I argue in order to inform. I`m sure you would accept that the people that have been killed through mob justice in Nigeria are likely to be up to twice the number that you and I know. Don`t forget that this is about the need to always speak up on issues concerning and affecting fellow Nigerians abroad. You are of the view that, considering we are so barbaric that we set petty criminals on fire, we don`t have the moral authority to complain too loudly when rough justice happens abroad
Now in the United States, the total number of people that the police had killed this year till last Thursday 28-07-2016 is 673. So from January this year till now sophisticated United States through her police forces has carried out 673 illegal killings. Please comment!
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by rawgame(m): 12:29am On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

You still haven't said anything? What is with this banning crap. You can still make your point without being insulting. Now make it.. If you can. My point is, when people are being burned in the streets in NIGERIA, you don't protest this fervently.

You deduced this simply by generalization. I never support that. Just like I detest this Indonesia ish. But it's sad that some Nigerians support it as they also support the Indonesia execution. But I am different. I don't support any barbaric act of any sort.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by pippimp(m): 12:32am On Jul 31, 2016
ATERI:

Trust me, I don`t argue in order to score points; I argue in order to inform. I`m sure you would accept that the people that have been killed through mob justice in Nigeria are likely to be up to twice the number that you and I know. Don`t forget that this is about the need to always speak up on issues concerning and affecting fellow Nigerians abroad. You are of the view that, considering we are so barbaric that we set petty criminals on fire, we don`t have the moral authority to complain too loudly when rough justice happens abroad
Now in the United States, the total number of people that the police had killed this year till last Thursday 28-07-2016 is 673. So from January this year till now sophisticated United States through her police forces has carried out 673 illegal killings. Please comment!

You are confusing a country which frowns on criminality with a country where criminality and corruption is a way of life. The argument is not about if there is crime in any country, (because every country has crime), It is about the manner and how does society respond to it. You would never see in America, people setting suspects on fire and a mob is formed and then they put it on the internet. And you never see it's citizen saying "yes. na God catch them" on Forums. You will never see a policeman standing in the middle of the streets collecting bribe all day like it is his job to do so. Nigeria is a lawless country where it's people don't complain when it's own people do injustice to themselves but complain when a country tries to enforce their own laws. That is the point.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by pippimp(m): 12:35am On Jul 31, 2016
rawgame:

You deduced this simply by generalization. I never support that. Just like I detest this Indonesia ish. But it's sad that some Nigerians support it as they also support the Indonesia execution. But I am different. I don't support any barbaric act of any sort.

Because you are honest does not mean the world will not categorize you as dishonest. Why? because the world knows you as a Nigerian and they know that Nigeria is a corrupt country. Saying "but i'm honest does not matter". Saying you don't partake in Jungle justice does not matter because you are Nigerian and the world believes Nigerians are lawless and love engaging in Jungle justice. I can't believe i am explaining this.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by ATERI(m): 12:39am On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

You are confusing a country which frowns on criminality with a country where criminality and corruption is a way of life. The argument is not about if there is crime in any country, (because every country has crime), It is about the manner and how does society respond to it. You would never see in America, people setting suspects on fire and a mob is formed and then they put it on the internet. And you never see it's citizen saying "yes. na God catch them" on Forums. You will never see a policeman standing in the middle of the streets collecting bribe all day like it is his job to do so. Nigeria is a lawless country where it's people don't complain when it's own people do injustice to themselves but complain when a country tries to enforce their own laws. That is the point.

Then you have missed the point. Everything you said there is true and I accept as some of the features of today`s Nigeria. But what we are contesting here is the proper reaction of a country to external injustices. My point is, that should not be determined by any domestic lawlessness or challenges. The response should be thorough and robust in order to send out a signal that, regardless of my domestic challenges, you wouldn`t disrespect my country or citizens. We should all, as Nigerians, agree on this.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by rawgame(m): 12:39am On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

Because you are honest does not mean the world will not categorize you as dishonest. Why? because the world knows you as a Nigerian and they know that Nigeria is a corrupt country. Saying "but i'm honest does not matter". Saying you don't partake in Jungle justice does not matter because you are Nigerian and the world believes Nigerians are lawless and love engaging in Jungle justice. I can't believe i am explaining this.
Maybe they should hit their head on the rock and die. Afterall they are humans and humans commit crime so saying you do not commit crime does not matter since you are human. Mtchew
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by pippimp(m): 12:43am On Jul 31, 2016
ATERI:

Then you have missed the point. Everything you said there is true and I accept as some of the features of today`s Nigeria. But what we are contesting here is the proper reaction of a country to external injustices. My point is, that should not be determined by any domestic lawlessness or challenges. The response should be thorough and robust in order to send out a signal that, regardless of my domestic challenges, you wouldn`t disrespect my country or citizens. We should all, as Nigerians, agree on this.

One question is how can you be protesting this when you accept it on daily basis in your own country? That does not make any sense.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by pippimp(m): 12:44am On Jul 31, 2016
rawgame:

Maybe they should hit their head on the rock and die. Afterall they are humans and humans commit crime so saying you do not commit crime does not matter since you are human. Mtchew

Again. Crime is not the point. Every country does it.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by rawgame(m): 12:48am On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

Again. Crime is not the point. Every country does it.
You must understand that you are first a human before all nationality ish. There are good and bad people everywhere.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by pippimp(m): 12:48am On Jul 31, 2016
rawgame:

You must understand that you are first a human before all nationality ish.

Got to go to work. Will continue this later.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by rawgame(m): 12:49am On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

Got to go to work. Will continue this later.

OK Sir
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by ATERI(m): 12:58am On Jul 31, 2016
pippimp:

One question is how can you be protesting this when you accept it on daily basis in your own country? That does not make any sense.

How can America be defending her citizens abroad when the police forces in America are killing them daily and authorities are doing next to nothing? What is criminality and who defines what is criminal? But let`s leave America alone.

Majority of our people would be ready to hand over criminals to the police, so only the minority would behave in such an appalling way. Now the most important question is whether mob justice can happen where there is good leadership. Well, the answer is, it can`t. Good leadership would know that the police have to be well-paid and well resourced before they can fight crime. And once that happens, police would not have to collect bribe from potential criminals in order to survive. So once people know that the police force is disciplined, reliable and on the side of the victims of crime, then there would be no street justice. So it all comes down to LEADERSHIP! But the fact that we don`t have leaders, for now, does not mean we should let the world treat us like some inconsequential tiny islands
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nobody: 5:12am On Jul 31, 2016
The lawyer and the man claimed that the suspect confessed that he was not involved before his sudden death but there is no written documentation to convince the judges from the police or anyone. So under the law, there is nothing they can do.I think the lawyer was just buying time until the final judgement. The dragging had been on for years as i could remember and not this year or lately.That was where the problem was.
vickylala239:

Why was this not said in court...

Why did dis story not cum out soon...

He was investigated....

He got a lawyer....What was the duty of the lawyer...

He exhausted all his legal push n culd Nt clear himself....

What are you guys thinking...
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 31, 2016
Naija I hail o person wen dey arrest in 2004 since then una no save am na now una wan save am after e don die.

buhari war ris this?
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:31am On Jul 31, 2016
zheroes:
if your story is true then its a dead case. If you accomodate someone and you claim you did not know he was an armed robber, police did a search and found a gun in your apartment and the person is dead, what happens to you? In law he who owns the land owns the property on it so? Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are.!!!! Since 2004 and the lawyer is just saying this crap? Indonesia must be kind then!!!!!!

The drug found was not in Jefferson’s room or the house Jefferson lived in. The drugs were found in a house he kept his Workers.

The size of the drug found, about a Kilo is too small for a drug dealing ring. This was just a pathetic case and a government eager to murder the innocent.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:36am On Jul 31, 2016
priceaction:
The lawyer and the man claimed that the suspect confessed that he was not involved before his sudden death but there is no written documentation to convince the judges from the police or anyone. So under the law, there is nothing they can do.I think the lawyer was just buying time until the final judgement. The dragging had been on for years as i could remember and not this year or lately.That was where the problem was.

Where did you get no written evidence? The lawyers had documented evidence and just like Titus case, these judges deny request. Just imagine executing a man who had an appeal case coming up. Does that look like a sane legal system to you?

These Indonesians are just murderers.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by degyoniro(m): 7:31am On Jul 31, 2016
Bleep the Indonesian Bleep its blood drinking president, I hate a system which there is no nemo de judex...hear the other side of the story, may the lord destroy your generation generation, keep killing till you have kill them all, shebi you na know na death penalty be that offense why taking them to court...stupid system aslong as Islam I s among

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by ugonna1054(m): 8:30am On Jul 31, 2016
tollytexy:
Well .. Assuming he's a yorobar.. I'd doubt the allegation.. What (has) happen has happened .either way.. RiP jeff.
MYOPIC FOOL
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Ijaya123: 8:37am On Jul 31, 2016
Prettiepearlz:
Reading this news keeps bringing tears to my eyes. Someone's Father and husband has been murdered without given a second chance. I don't think anyone should take a life he didn't create, but God knows all. TheGood Joe, keep it up but I just hope you would do this for other tribes and not condemn like some chaps here do. These are our brothers and sisters from another mother but some folks don't see it that way. Keep up the good job but remember not to be sentimental.

Let me add this, to y'all nairalanders, let him who is without sin sin be the first to cast the stone ****

Not in support of this but do you know how many Nigerians are equally killed in their country yearly through mob actions? When we do that to ourselves, can we blame other countries?
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by tollytexy(m): 8:43am On Jul 31, 2016
ugonna1054:
MYOPIC FOOL

NI BABA LAKU BABA E OMO Igbo
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by raimuasu(m): 10:48am On Jul 31, 2016
stano2:
Barbaric ..fvck that country. Who the hell think of going to such place.. The really got it wrong this time
well, indonesia still better than nigeria, no boko haram, no avenger, more developed, generally safer than nigeria, at least 6.9 million tourist think so http://www.thejakartapost.com/travel/2016/07/18/indonesia-welcomes-6-9-million-foreign-tourists-in-wake-of-free-visa-policy.html

world bank report on tourism, you can compare indonesia vs nigeria, here http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/ST.INT.ARVL

global peace index 2016
[img]http://www.travelbook.de/imgs/3/5/9/4/5/7/global-peace-index-2016-7b7255638a7b400b.jpg[/img]
Dark Green = Safe
Red = Not Safe

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Knows This Young Lady She's Been Roaming Around Inside Trade Fair / Gunmen Attack Bassa In Kogi, Kill 20, Burn Down Churches And Houses (Graphic Pix / Woman Kidnapped, Raped, Murdered In Benin And Dumped In The Boot Of A Jeep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.