Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC (26398 Views)

You Cannot Break Into My House And Go Free – Jonah Jang Tells EFCC / How Obanikoro, Others Airlifted N1.2bn Cash For Fayose – Bank Official / N4.7bn Arms Funds Traced To Obanikoro, Fayose —EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by hohafrank(m): 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
I smelt lies.One bullion van conveying 1.2 billion Naira cash,which one or two Aircrafts couldn't carry.
Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by Icecomrade: 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
IVORY2009:

Dont mind them, arrangee govt of Buhari will always fail, 1.2 billion naira can not be withdrawn, neither can it be moved earily frm place to place, dis govt his a big disappointment I swear shocked how can one move 1.2 billion naira, Lai Mohammed should have done better here to help package this lie....

Don't mind liars.

I pelican box of N1000 bills is 80million.

15 pelican box is N1. 2b.

N500 bills is just 30 pelican boxes

How come they needed 3 aeroplane to fly it abeg.

Bankers dey Nairaland too. Abeg weigh news before before throwing it update for comments

We can ignore stu pid ones

1 Like

Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by chigoizie7(m): 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
creekman:
My take on dis issue is simple. how can a father(obanikoro) involve his son in perpetuating corruption? 9aija Wat has happened to our MORALS? One day, dis same obanikoro's son will come out to contest for election and some of us will kill and insult ourselves for him. Nonsense. .......

According to what was written up there, how sure are u that obanikoro and sons actually received such funds. Considering the fact that there is no proper (legal identification) or even a signed documents to acknowledge receipt of funds.

How many times have banks dashed u money without documentation? Come to think of 1.2billion? Are u sleeping?

Is that banker the only person involved? What about the driver of the bullion van? The security details that conveyed the cash? Let them also come out and tell us their own story.
According to the banker, he saw obanikoro and recognised him simply because he is popular, did he also identify his sons? We're they popular too? Or was their any form of identification to show that the people involved are actually obanikoro's sons? Ever had of identity theft? Ever had of two different individuals resembling themselves. How did he know that the people that left with the said obanikoro with the 1st aircraft are his friends? If he is so sure that they are his friends then he should know them and then mention they are.

See, I don't support corruption in any case, but if this is all the EFCC has to rope in the obanikoro and sons, then they don't have any case

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by peterpan313(m): 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2016
blackpanda:
[/b]

Dont really get what u are nagging about. Its written in english, but really doesn't make much sense. Are u nagging about efcc, buhari, apc or the judiciary?? What really is your grouse about. Be plain and direct rather that speak jumbled parables. Thanks
no point arguing, the present Gov and the agencies under its control can go ahead and do anything they like, eventually power will change hand one day. And we will start all over again, and so will the cycle continue. Until we get it write. Corruption case are tried in courts with the laws of the land, and Evidence provided by both parties. Not with eye buldging headlines on news paper front page. Thanks and am out
Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by nijanigga: 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
IVORY2009:

Dont mind them, arrangee govt of Buhari will always fail, 1.2 billion naira can not be withdrawn, neither can it be moved earily frm place to place, dis govt his a big disappointment I swear shocked how can one move 1.2 billion naira, Lai Mohammed should have done better here to help package this lie....
Ipod, you don't recognize crime anymore because of the bigoted flat head , simple question, why do they have CCTV? not only for your petty crimes but also for your gigantic crimes like this.Simply put, if your head is not too flat,when crime is involved nothing secret about bank dealings.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by damianzo(m): 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2016
Do the common masses also steal from the pot that we are going through all this hash and deliberate wicked economy.
Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by Anabel(f): 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
IVORY2009:

My brother, 1.2 billion can be moved. Just cos we don't have some to move for now doesn't mean it can't. If you are deep in these kind of stuffs, they will money 1trillion for you sef

1 Like

Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by blackpanda: 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2016
peterpan313:
no point arguing, the present Gov and the agencies under its control can go ahead and do anything they like, eventually power will change hand one day. And we will start all over again, and so will the cycle continue. Until we get it write. Corruption case are tried in courts with the laws of the land, and Evidence provided by both parties. Not with eye buldging headlines on news paper front page. Thanks and am out

Why not let the court decide the cases. U seem to be complaining about efcc notifying d public about the corruption cases. So would u prefer it if efcc picked up people randomly, arrested them, tried them and locked them up in prison without notifying the public?? Constitutionally, criminal cases must be made public, and for a reason. So that people dnt just start disappearing without any cause. So quit nagging about nothing. None of the people arrested so far have claimed innocence, instead they keep indicting themselves and calling each other names.

And yes, let another administration come. If u are a thief u will be jailed. That is efcc's job under the law!

2 Likes

Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by Harrycherichy: 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
Haba efcc! If u want to work, work and stop making same noise all the time. I hav bn reading abt this statement for almost two months now. Una too make notice abeg!
Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by bamite(m): 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
promqueen247:
I thought banks keeps their dealing with customer strictly confidential, the authorities backed by court order only request for financial records not staff contribution. This is violation of work ethic.
I'm guessing you're a mistress to one of this corrupt politician, hence your support for stealing.
You're cute though

1 Like

Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by eminikansoso(m): 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
IVORY2009:

don't mind them
@ what denomination
my question is if a customer can withdraw 1.2b in a bank then how much is total physical cash in circulation?
Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
He must cough out the money.
Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by Dapsin2901: 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
The question is every bad things that happen police always be the ex court of it.... why those police men don't report as at that time? trust no one
Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by peterpan313(m): 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2016
blackpanda:

Why not let the court decide the cases. U seem to be complaining about efcc notifying d public about the corruption cases. So would u prefer it if efcc picked up people randomly, arrested them, tried them and locked them up in prison without notifying the public?? Constitutionally, criminal cases must be made public, and for a reason. So that people dnt just start disappearing without any cause. So quit nagging about nothing. None of the people arrested so far have claimed innocence, instead they keep indicting themselves and calling each other names.

And yes, let another administration come. If u are a thief u will be jailed. That is efcc's job under the law!
well, we do agree on courts being the proper place to address these cases, and I wish some of these cases will come to conclusion soon with the help of these evidence EFCC claim to have. With that said. good night.
Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by bishopjoe02(m): 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2016
we have vault capacity, 1.2bn cannot enter any abuja or lagos branch vault not to mention a mere Ekiti branch
Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by adedayoa2(f): 9:04pm On Jul 31, 2016
promqueen247:
I thought banks keeps their dealing with customer strictly confidential, the authorities backed by court order only request for financial records not staff contribution. This is violation of work ethic.
there are exceptions

1 Like

Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by Mopolchi: 9:04pm On Jul 31, 2016
ZuzuMan:
...... Here grin grin grin
no be dis kain yam.
Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by Mopolchi: 9:04pm On Jul 31, 2016
ZuzuMan:
...... Here grin grin grin
no be dis kain yam.
Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
Naturallyme:
Can't you see you are under spell?.. Can't you see how stupid you are. Obanikoro is in US enjoying his money and his family. You are here defending him like a fool, a single penny you never collected. You need deliverance truly. Pray so that you generation will never become impoverished and you don't die in this poverty you caused by yourself

Oluwa o, please help heal this your son of imbecilic myopism,pls lord.
Whr is d defense? who is defending who? You these people always going out of point to confuse issues, na wa o.
.... Even d ones(money) retrieved, have u benefitted from it also?
Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by DedeNkem: 9:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
promqueen247:

If you think you have privacy in Nigeria, think again. The Nigerian ID that contains your biological and financial data, is the most privacy invasive government tool ever.
Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by taiosino: 9:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
Look at these ignorant lot! Don't you know that confidentiality doesn't apply or privileged information becomes available in event of a criminal investigation, you people should learn to shut it!
IVORY2009:

Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by texazzpete(m): 9:17pm On Jul 31, 2016
Pavarottii:

Show me the link that said Metuh will return money and why hasn't he returned the money till now?

Show me where I said Metuh said he would return money.
Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by chysam: 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
Abeymills:
And so wetin concern me?how dis yeye news from bubuhari efcc take pay my bills kerosene n sharp sharp food now is out of our reach all we hear is corruption yeye govt

Think properly if you are indeed educated and you will discover how it concerns you and the correlation between the scarce kerosine and rising cost of food. Who own the money? Me and you. Yet you ask how it concerns you Nawaoo!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by DedeNkem: 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
Northerners and their South South fellow thieves destroyed this country.
Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by anataala: 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
in these case, there is nothing confidential, EFCC has the statutory power to ask and obtain financial dealing of an individual or institution. but where is strictly confidential is when a person reveals your confidential information to a third party without you consent.
promqueen247:
I thought banks keeps their dealing with customer strictly confidential, the authorities backed by court order only request for financial records, not staff contribution. This is violation of work ethic.

1 Like

Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by Withambition(m): 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
promqueen247:
What are you saying? Do you want to kill the man? If he under torture by police, do they born him well not to say all these things? If they've received court order, do you want him to be prosecuted for obstruction of justice? Take note, everybody is trying to save his/ her head and, with this one you're talking about breach of profession ethics, he will still lose his job if he is implicated. Put differently, the will lose on both sides if he's implicated; he will be prosecuted and his appointment will be terminated.

1 Like

Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by texazzpete(m): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
IVORY2009:

Bro, u were one of the few here on nairaland I respect, but u hv lost it, how can u agree with a newpaper tryer, if they have proof, why cant the efcc approach the court, must they come out and use newspaper? frm now, u hv lost my respect for u, bloody civilian!

Who cares about your 'respect'? Does it pay bills?

I'm not sure why you perennial opponents of this Government are so perturbed over newspaper stories. Are people convicted based on that? Do they not receive a fair trial where they are allowed to mount a vigorous defense?

Either way, this is immaterial. My comment was not on the 'newspaper trial' as you put it, but more on the fact that - incredibly - you and your cohorts seemed to be under the impression that it is impossible to steal and transport huge sums of money.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by Withambition(m): 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2016
IVORY2009:

Don't too sure! This is Nigeria Nigeria anything goes. I heard real life cases like that
Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by Horsesmouth: 9:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
promqueen247:

Promqueen247 and Beauty are like this:

Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by Adesiji77: 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
promqueen247:

The bank has a duty to keep customer's information and account transactions confidential. However, this duty of secrecy is not absolute.

There are four instances where a bank can legally disclose information about its customer. They are:

-Where the bank is compelled by law to disclose the information
-If the bank has a public duty to disclose the information
-If the bank’s own interests require disclosure; and
-Where the customer has agreed to the information being disclosed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by Hemdy4jazz: 10:01pm On Jul 31, 2016
promqueen247:

This is a matter that have something to do with national security. Authorities can go extra mile. You forget many people lost their life owing to this financial mismanagement that was meant for warfare procurement. Tell me where is there right to live?

1 Like

Re: I Gave N1.2bn To Obanikoro, Bank Official Tells EFCC by IVORY2009(m): 10:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
texazzpete:

Who cares about your 'respect'? Does it pay bills?

I'm not sure why you perennial opponents of this Government are so perturbed over newspaper stories. Are people convicted based on that? Do they not receive a fair trial where they are allowed to mount a vigorous defense?

Either way, this is immaterial. My comment was not on the 'newspaper trial' as you put it, but more on the fact that - incredibly - you and your cohorts seemed to be under the impression that it is impossible to steal and transport huge sums of money.

Like I said earlier on, as far back as 2010, you where one of the few people in here that I respect their opinions on matters like this, @ as then I always look forward reading from your own side of view, which are always unbiased, but ever since the APC took over power, money has blind folded your sense of reasoning, you know longer know your left frm right, anything goes, do you know how large 1.2 billion naira is?
Buhari lead federal government is only interested in nailing opposition members, who are exposing their secret.

You need to grow up, child.

grin grin You call me child?? you recall ur days with DEMDEM, wen u argue from morning till night!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mbaka Is Not In Our Custody — DSS / Peter Obi Meets Leadership Of The Nigeria Labour Congress / Cyril Dum-Wite Arrested During Rerun Election (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.