Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,497 members, 7,954,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:06 PM

Churches Should Not Be Ran Like Businesses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Should Not Be Ran Like Businesses (665 Views)

Lady Who Ran Mad And Stripped Unclad In Owerri, Rescued After Prayers. Photos / Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / This Churches Should Advice Their Member Of Their Dressing Mode To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches Should Not Be Ran Like Businesses by Elxandre(m): 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2016
My major problem with these churches is their lack of impact in the society outside the church environ.

People wonder why Christianity spread like wildfire in Africa.

Why wouldn't it spread with the major impact the missionaries made in improving the lives of the local populace?
They built hospitals, clinics, schools, and made them quite accessible to the impoverished and proletarian alike.

Now compare that to our much richer modern churches.
They have hardly made any impact in the lives of people outside the church.
We can't point to any major impact they make in the society despite being rich enough to acquire multiple private jets.

The schools established by the biggest of the mega churches are not even cheap enough despite the churches being rich enough to provide heavy subsidies for the fees.

At this juncture, many will frown and say "it costs money to run a school or build hospitals."
I don't think many fully comprehend how much these churches are worth.
Tithes and offerings/vows from several thousands of members obviously accrue into substantial sums.

If the church fully engages in active humanitarian endeavors, they wouldn't even have to preach/evangelize much before multitude fill up every single seats every Sunday.

The church shouldn't be run as a business outfit where the ultimate goal is an account balance in the green.
I still remember how the stranded guy and the church member woman who couldn't get school fees for her ward at a crucial period were 'helped'.
They placed them in front of the church auditorium and announced an offering towards their cause.
The woman was down cast when she couldn't raise anything close to her projected need.

What would have been wrong with the church simply taking from the church coffers and helping the woman directly?

Acts 2:45
And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

This is the real goal of the church, not who has the largest auditorium or the most private jets.

Nothing wrong if we see local projects emblazoned with the name of churches in our neighborhoods.

Things like boreholes to save the locals from health risks they are exposed to with water not-potable enough.

Ps: I was still in church today, before you start thinking I'm an atheist.

Happy Sunday. smiley
Re: Churches Should Not Be Ran Like Businesses by datola: 2:01pm On Jul 31, 2016

Acts 2:45
And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

I am still waiting for church leaders that will encourage the above. How will it be possible for them to sell all their private jets, wealth acquisitions and bring everything to church for everybody to share according to their need.

And again I say unto you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God.”
- Matthew 19:23-24

Any church in Nigeria where such apostolic example is practised?
Re: Churches Should Not Be Ran Like Businesses by tomquest: 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nigeria has the highest number of churches and worshipers in the world but you can't see God in the lives of even 5% of these multitudes.

Love is the greatest religion but what 95% percent of Nigerian Christians practice is Cultism. Less than 5% will smell Heaven, irrespective of the number of private jets they fly. Remember Lazarus and the Rich Man.

"I was naked but thou didn't cloth me, was hungry but thou didn't feed me" shall be the cry of Jesus on the judgement throne against the bulk of these cultists calling themselves Christians...

They say it's right that 95% of members cannot afford to pay the fees in their church schools. Jesus "approves of it"! Good things ain't for the poor! But the pastors were once poor, but now live like emperors, from tithes and offering.

Heaven will shock millions...
Re: Churches Should Not Be Ran Like Businesses by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
Lolsss.... hope you have sown your seed of faith, thanksgiving vow, welfare of pastor offering today?

how can u buy God's blessings with money?? i recall wat st Peter told the magician at Samaria then..'may you perish with your money '

i think today churches should be taxed...

(1) (Reply)

How To Take Possession Of What Belongs To You / WITCHCRAFT: Family Crash-lands In Solwezi. / My Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.