Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Jesus Had Siblings( Brothers) While On Earth-scriptural Evidences - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Had Siblings( Brothers) While On Earth-scriptural Evidences (601 Views)

Opinion: Jesus Had Siblings, Mary Was Not A Perpetual Virgin / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? / Scientists Discover Evidences That There Is Life After Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Had Siblings( Brothers) While On Earth-scriptural Evidences by puresaint12(m): 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2016
Please I'm going to start with a little build-up, read patiently.
In Church today,Our pastor was talking about the roles of the Holyspirit in the life of a christian.Today he taught the leading role of the Holyspirit and he now went ahead to show us three ways we can confirm the voice of the spirit:we have peace,war between our spirit and the flesh,and lastly confirmation(from God's word and a higher spiritual authourity) now he led us to Gal 1:18, Gal 2:9 where he infered that paul with all his exploits still went back to stay with peter(the head of the church) for fifteen days to confirm the revelaton he was given(to go to the gentiles), which was confirmed in Gal 2:9...sorry for the long epistle but something caught my eye.the verse after Gal 1:18,Gal 1:19 says Kjv "but other of the apostles I saw none,save JAMES THE LORD'S BROTHER" my mind went back to matt 12:46 "while he yet talked to the people,His mother and His Brethren stood without,desiring to speak with Him. Matt 13:55 also says "is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called mary? And his brethren,JAMES, and Joses and simon,and Judas?" I have heard most people especially catholics argue that Mary only gave birth to Jesus using Ezekiel 44:2-3 as their standpoint.this post is getting long already so I won't quote it but that scripture has nothing to do with mary if you read from chapter 40,there were so many gates! Why will chapter 44 be singled out for Mary? Okay,from A human level, What will be Joseph's fate if Jesus was his only son? His lineage will be closed because he will have no one to "carry his name", and the bible did not mention of Joseph marrying another wife! Don't you think it is wickedness;you married a virgin and she got pregnant 'divinely'. It didnt stop there you discovered that she can only give birth to that child and no more, and God is against polygamy. How will you feel? My God is not a wicked God! He is loving and compassionate, He used mary to bring His son on earth and allowed the couple live their normal lives. Finally deut 19:15 and 2 cor 13:1 both says that in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall a matter be established. I have used 3 scriptures to show us that Jesus had siblings while on earth, can we establish it? Let's hear your thoughts. Thanks
Re: Jesus Had Siblings( Brothers) While On Earth-scriptural Evidences by chocodaviva(f): 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2016
of course mary had six children after Jesus ( john d baptism, Judas, Matthew ,amidst other) altogether Mary had 7children one via holy spirit other for Joseph
Re: Jesus Had Siblings( Brothers) While On Earth-scriptural Evidences by 4kings: 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2016
chocodaviva:
of course mary had six children after Jesus ( john d baptism, Judas, Matthew ,amidst other) altogether Mary had 7children one via holy spirit other for Joseph
How do u know this?
Re: Jesus Had Siblings( Brothers) While On Earth-scriptural Evidences by chocodaviva(f): 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
@4kings Joseph and Mary had other children, Jesus’ half brothers and sisters. That is evident from the question inhabitants of Nazareth later asked about Jesus: “Is this not the carpenter’s son? Is not his mother called Mary, and his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us?” ( ) We can conclude from this that Jesus’ immediate family consisted of his parents, four brothers, and at least two sisters. However, some today do not believe that Jesus’ brothers and sisters were children of Joseph and Mary. Why? “The Church,” says the New Catholic Encyclopedia, “from its earliest days taught that Mary was always a virgin. In view of this, then, there can be no doubt that Mary did not have any other children.” The same reference work claims that the words “brother” and “sister” can refer to “some one or ones united in a religious or other common bond” or to relatives, perhaps cousins. Is that really the case? Even some Catholic theologians, disagreeing with the traditional doctrine, support the view that Jesus had fleshly brothers and sisters. John P. Meier, former president of the Catholic Bible Association of America, wrote: “In the N[ew] T[estament] adelphos [brother], when used not merely figuratively or metaphorically but rather to designate some sort of physical or legal relationship, means only full or half-brother, and nothing else.” Yes, the Scriptures indicate that Jesus had brothers and sisters who were born to Joseph and Mary.
Re: Jesus Had Siblings( Brothers) While On Earth-scriptural Evidences by 4kings: 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2016
chocodaviva:
@4kings Joseph and Mary had other children, Jesus’ half
brothers and sisters. That is evident from the question inhabitants
of Nazareth later asked about Jesus: “Is this not the carpenter’s
son? Is not his mother called Mary, and his brothers James and
Joseph and Simon and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with
us?” ( ) We can conclude from
this that Jesus’ immediate family consisted of his parents, four
brothers, and at least two sisters.
However, some today do not believe that Jesus’ brothers and
sisters were children of Joseph and Mary. Why? “The Church,”
says the New Catholic Encyclopedia, “from its earliest days taught
that Mary was always a virgin. In view of this, then, there can be
no doubt that Mary did not have any other children.” The same
reference work claims that the words “brother” and “sister” can
refer to “some one or ones united in a religious or other common
bond” or to relatives, perhaps cousins.
Is that really the case? Even some Catholic theologians,
disagreeing with the traditional doctrine, support the view that
Jesus had fleshly brothers and sisters. John P. Meier, former
president of the Catholic Bible Association of America, wrote: “In
the N[ew] T[estament] adelphos [brother], when used not merely
figuratively or metaphorically but rather to designate some sort of
physical or legal relationship, means only full or half-brother, and
nothing else.” Yes, the Scriptures indicate that Jesus had brothers
and sisters who were born to Joseph and Mary.
Ok
Re: Jesus Had Siblings( Brothers) While On Earth-scriptural Evidences by Splinz(m): 3:38pm On Jul 31, 2016
Mary's other children has always been obvious to discerning minds and lovers of truth, as clearly seen from the above quoted passages. On the contrary, the father of lies and his children has always posited the opposite.
Re: Jesus Had Siblings( Brothers) While On Earth-scriptural Evidences by puresaint12(m): 5:57am On Aug 01, 2016
Thanks bro. The truth is so glaring!! I wonder why they chose to Ignore it
Splinz:
Mary's other children has always been obvious to discerning minds and lovers of truth, as clearly seen from the above quoted passages. On the contrary, the father of lies and his children has always posited the opposite.
Re: Jesus Had Siblings( Brothers) While On Earth-scriptural Evidences by puresaint12(m): 5:59am On Aug 01, 2016
I wonder why they chose to ignore the truth,it's just so obvious!
chocodaviva:
@4kings Joseph and Mary had other children, Jesus’ half
brothers and sisters. That is evident from the question inhabitants
of Nazareth later asked about Jesus: “Is this not the carpenter’s
son? Is not his mother called Mary, and his brothers James and
Joseph and Simon and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with
us?” ( ) We can conclude from
this that Jesus’ immediate family consisted of his parents, four
brothers, and at least two sisters.
However, some today do not believe that Jesus’ brothers and
sisters were children of Joseph and Mary. Why? “The Church,”
says the New Catholic Encyclopedia, “from its earliest days taught
that Mary was always a virgin. In view of this, then, there can be
no doubt that Mary did not have any other children.” The same
reference work claims that the words “brother” and “sister” can
refer to “some one or ones united in a religious or other common
bond” or to relatives, perhaps cousins.
Is that really the case? Even some Catholic theologians,
disagreeing with the traditional doctrine, support the view that
Jesus had fleshly brothers and sisters. John P. Meier, former
president of the Catholic Bible Association of America, wrote: “In
the N[ew] T[estament] adelphos [brother], when used not merely
figuratively or metaphorically but rather to designate some sort of
physical or legal relationship, means only full or half-brother, and
nothing else.” Yes, the Scriptures indicate that Jesus had brothers
and sisters who were born to Joseph and Mary.
Re: Jesus Had Siblings( Brothers) While On Earth-scriptural Evidences by Splinz(m): 10:14am On Aug 01, 2016
puresaint12:
Thanks bro. The truth is so glaring!! I wonder why they chose to Ignore it
Wonder why they ignored the truth and will always do? Simple.

The devil does not stand in the truth because there's no truth in him, and their father's desires does his children. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies (John 8:44).

The true Church is the "ground and pillar of truth" (1 Timothy 3:15), not a den of lies! Also note that a true Christian is one sanctified in the truth (John 17:17), and also lives by every word that comes from the mouth of God (Matt. 4:4).

So you see bro, the truth is what sets one free (John 8:32). Free from satanic lies and yokes! It is what seperates the wheat from chaffs- sheeps from goats. Jesus said, "by their fruits, you shall know them". What fruits? The fruits of truthfulness!

Lastly, one great reason why these people blatantly refused or ignored the truth is based on long held cherished traditions, e.g, perpetual virginity of Mary. In Mark 7, Christ made these stunning but sobering statements. "You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men. And He said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition!" (verse 8-9). What an indictment! Now, here's the bomb to those who places traditions above God's word, "in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men" (verse 7). What a stunning statement! You often hear people say things like... "I've been asking God for help but no help"... "I've been praying for healing but none"... "I've been praying for financial success but things are getting worse", etc. Some because of these unanswered prayers have concluded that there's no God, e.g, atheists. "in vain do they worship me..." why

Walk in the truth, brother. Peace!
Re: Jesus Had Siblings( Brothers) While On Earth-scriptural Evidences by puresaint12(m): 2:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
Thanks bro you have done enough justice to this.peace
Splinz:

Wonder why they ignored the truth and will always do? Simple.

The devil does not stand in the truth because there's no truth in him, and their father's desires does his children. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies (John 8:44).

The true Church is the "ground and pillar of truth" (1 Timothy 3:15), not a den of lies! Also note that a true Christian is one sanctified in the truth (John 17:17), and also lives by every word that comes from the mouth of God (Matt. 4:4).

So you see bro, the truth is what sets one free (John 8:32). Free from satanic lies and yokes! It is what seperates the wheat from chaffs- sheeps from goats. Jesus said, "by their fruits, you shall know them". What fruits? The fruits of truthfulness!

Lastly, one great reason why these people blatantly refused or ignored the truth is based on long held cherished traditions, e.g, perpetual virginity of Mary. In Mark 7, Christ made these stunning but sobering statements. "You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men. And He said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition!" (verse 8-9). What an indictment! Now, here's the bomb to those who places traditions above God's word, "in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men" (verse 7). What a stunning statement! You often hear people say things like... "I've been asking God for help but no help"... "I've been praying for healing but none"... "I've been praying for financial success but things are getting worse", etc. Some because of these unanswered prayers have concluded that there's no God, e.g, atheists. "in vain do they worship me..." why

Walk in the truth, brother. Peace!

(1) (Reply)

If You Don't Pay Your TITHES To Your Church, God Will Punish You!! TOTAL LIE / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/08/16 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 27/08/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.