Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,648 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians (1557 Views)

See The New Method MTN Now Uses To Steal From Customers (PHOTO) / Strategy MTN Uses To Loot Money From Customers (photo) / Strategy MTN Uses To Loot Money From Customers (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 01, 2016
I decided to check my account balance before making the calls I intended doing this morning. To my greatest surprice, N150 was gone from my account.

I decided to call the call center for reasons. They told me that it was deducted for music plus subscription.

One thing I know for sure is that I never subscribed to music plus or any subscription at all.

I made a case for refund after proving that I never subscribed to music plus but they declined to it.
I enquired of when it was activated. They told me around 1:00am. At this time, my phone was off and no way I could have activated the service.
I am using a java phone and do not have the music plus app on my phone. I can't be accused of erroneously activating it unintentionally.

I think MTN defrauds Nigerians using all these services that they accuse customers of activating and boldly telling them they can not be refunded and NCC is doing nothing about it. I have logged many complains to them and nothing has been done to any of them.
Some months back, MTN did this same thing and the reason they gave was that I was given free 7 days trial of music plus on migration to MTN pulse to be renewed with a fee of N300 after 3 months. This people need to be watched more closely unless this is Nigeria that we used to know.
Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 01, 2016
I an going to call NCC again. Not expecting any result from them though.
Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by xwallace(m): 7:29am On Aug 01, 2016
the same happened to my line but, they refused to refund my airtime. NCC is full of crap
Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by peteregwu(m): 7:55am On Aug 01, 2016
The same thing happened to me and this time about 400N and they said it was music plus. Na wao.. .. angry
Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by paulmarkino: 8:27am On Aug 01, 2016
I just noticed the same thing this morning. N200 I recharged yesterday that remained N148 before I went to sleep yesternight, remains N48 this morning. I don't know what happened. This has been happening since 2 months now. I stopped recharging since that time because I resorted to Airtel network for calls. I don't know what to do to cancel whatever that is removing my airtime.
Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by pascali(m): 8:31am On Aug 01, 2016
na thief all this network provide be. real thief. .
Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 01, 2016
pascali:
na thief all this network provide be. real thief. .
Its because most of the share holders are politicians. They are what they are. Rogues.

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by Raydos: 9:43am On Aug 01, 2016
Good news MTN is giving free Glo recharge card to all Etisalat subscribers using Airtel sim!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by jheed: 9:51am On Aug 01, 2016
Lol the crooks are back
Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 01, 2016
Raydos:
Good news MTN is giving free Glo recharge card to all Etisalat subscribers using Airtel sim!
Really. Will they also give free etisalat recharge cards to airtel subscribers using glo? Please tell me. I must benefit too....

2 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by SuperSuave(m): 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
Call the customer care and tell them to cancel all subscriptions on your line esp music plus.

A friend of mine sent 500N airtime to me when I was broke, forgetting I used my sims for free musicplus data before then, I decided to use 60N for Whatsapp sub on my sim1 and transferred the remaining to my other sim. I woke up the next day to see 148N on my sim, I was so upset and had to call the CC immediately, they didn't pickup. I checked my balance again only to see 48N.

After bashing the lady that picked the call, she cancelled all subscriptions on my sim and my account balance have been accountable since then.
Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by kolexepana: 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2016
Lol, Mtn though
You could listen to radio and they'll deduct your money.
Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by jossypet(m): 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2016
SCAMMERS!! I did an MTN bundle4u one week subscription last week Wednesday (13/06/2016) of N500 and was credited with N1950 & 100MB. I used N166 on voice calls on that same day.
The following day I could not make calls from my line (including calling their customer care Centre and checking my balance). I used a colleague's line to get to an agent and was told that my line was being worked on. It was later resolved later that Thursday night but I discovered I couldn't call from my Bundle4U sub. I've called their agent since from Friday - Thursday 21/06 and I was always told that my issue would be forwarded to the responsible department. On my expiry date, I was also told that it would not count since I was still having issues.
Only for me to call on Friday 22/06 and was being told by their agent that from what she could see from her system my bundle has expired and there was nothing they could do about it. I took my time to explain how it all transpired but she insisted that nothing can be done and that she was sorry. That really pissed me off!!
Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by pheyhi(f): 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
They did the same thing to me this weekend in order to avoid stories that touches the heart , I just finished calling the customer care to remove me from any of the subscriptions they subscribed for me wch I never subscribed to,
cos I don't want to start calling the call centre to listen to 'we are sorry about that ma'am',
the agent was now laughing stylishly.
Empty hen.
Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
SuperSuave:
Call the customer care and tell them to cancel all subscriptions on your line esp music plus.

A friend of mine sent 500N airtime to me when I was broke, forgetting I used my sims for free musicplus data before then, I decided to use 60N for Whatsapp sub on my sim1 and transferred the remaining to my other sim. I woke up the next day to see 148N on my sim, I was so upset and had to call the CC immediately, they didn't pickup. I checked my balance again only to see 48N.

After bashing the lady that picked the call, she cancelled all subscriptions on my sim and my account balance have been accountable since then.
Mine is a different issue. I had over N500 in my account last week. They did the illegal deal around 1:00am when my phone was off. And again, it was not renewal of old subscription which I never did, but activation of a new subscription subscription which I never did..
Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2016
Na their way. Those cunning thieves. They've also been unjustly deducting money from my account. angry
Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by Hansbireo(m): 5:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
Make ur own network and stop complaining, i am not in support of what they did to you,.. but even ntel nigeria own has a lot of issues and are so expensive. you think and for all other network are worst example airtel, etisalat wit there callertunes issue.
Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by liztop2012(f): 6:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
i thought i was d only one, mtn deducted over #300 frm my line last week. i called d cc. i was told am on music plus dat i never subscribe to. i remember dey did d same thing last year, av to call them to cancel it. pls where can we channel our complain to cos dis day lite robbery is too much, imagine for dz economy wey person dey manage!
Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
liztop2012:
i thought i was d only one, mtn deducted over #300 frm my line last week. i called d cc. i was told am on music plus dat i never subscribe to. i remember dey did d same thing last year, av to call them to cancel it. pls where can we channel our complain to cos dis day lite robbery is too much, imagine for dz economy wey person dey manage!
Call NCC on 622
Re: Fraudulent Trick MTN Uses To Defraud Nigerians by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 02, 2016
I have just found answers to the questions I have.

I was worried about what would happen if I abandon my MTN and they happen to block the line. My BVN and all my account are linked to it.

But thank God. I finally remembered PORTING. Its time to port to another network.

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest Data!!!..glo N100 For 250mb..get Yours Fast.... / Glo Data Bundles Upgraded Across Board. / Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.