Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice (30864 Views)

I Was Slapped By My Employer / My MD Compensated Me After The Slap. / Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by lenposh(f): 9:40am On Aug 01, 2016
My MD Has Done The Worst, Please I Need Your Advise

My name is Sewa, I work in an hotel at Iyana Ipaja as a bar supervisor. Am a graduate of Lapostech (HND). I work 24 hours because of the nature of my job and its a day off and on, meanwhile mine has been 3 days on and one day off because I make more money than others. Before I got to this hotel as a staff, they make lesser than I make now. Per day, my target is 100k but I make 130k at worst because we have club in the hotel as well.
It happened on friday when a customer wanted to buy a wine and I was eating before the customer came in, I was still chewing my meat when the customer came in and I tried to attend to the customer with the meet in my mouth because I do not want to delay him. In that process, my Managing Director came in and slapped me 2times in the presence of customers and even guys that were making wooing me, his reason was that I attended to a customer while eating. We not have break time in this my place of work o.
He slapped me and I worked away to continue my work but I want to revenge. I do not want my silence to be in vain.
My manager has been begging me not to resign because I dropped my resignation letter that day. He is begging me to come back.
What would you do if you were in my shoes?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 01, 2016
Forgive him, for your own good
Sometimes the kind of devil that used to enter some people and make them act in stúpid strange ways cannot even be explained
You have a good job and jobs are scarce these days
So just swallow the anger and keep earning your living

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Heryorh: 9:49am On Aug 01, 2016
forgive and forget.....walk away if u gat a better job

22 Likes

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by SniperD(m): 9:53am On Aug 01, 2016
don't know how true your story is...
but slapping you is wrong but also you chewing while attending to a customer is kinda wrong too....

u can report him to the police.
sue him to court.
for abuse and the fine him and then u will go home with a fat cheque.

oh sorry we are in Nigeria.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by deckson: 10:06am On Aug 01, 2016
Continue with the job my dear. Its part of life. Or u leave d space for me. I need a slap for 100k

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by derrick333(m): 10:07am On Aug 01, 2016
SniperD:
don't know how true your story is...
but slapping you is wrong but also you chewing while attending to a customer is kinda wrong too....

u can report him to the police.
sue him to court.
for abuse and the fine him and then u will go home with a fat cheque.

oh sorry we are in Nigeria.
Needless Sueing him sins he hd apologized

4 Likes

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by 7Randall: 10:13am On Aug 01, 2016
If he has apologized, the forgive him

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by tonididdy(m): 10:50am On Aug 01, 2016
Hello lenposh
Your story is like a king who invites his friends for his sons wedding and insists on a particular dress code but because of familiarity, one of his friends disobeys the dress code. Do you know what the king did to that friend?, he tied him hands and legs bound and threw him out or so (matt 20:1-14).

The fact that u claim u are the alpha and omega at your job place like u claim dosent mean u should lack your professionalism and attend to a customr with food in your mouth, even a sweet is wrong because it alters your communication and its childish, unprofessional and not cool. Imagine dressed up in a neat suit and u chewing meat or have a stick sweet while signing an important contract papers in front of your buisness partners....naaaaa

What u should have done is stay low in the reception counter and finsih what was in your mouth before u attend to anyone. The customer can wait (that's like a 30seconds wait).

PS: you lucky your boss is begging you not to resign.

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by meekyrozzay: 3:58pm On Aug 01, 2016
just let go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by jashar(f): 4:07pm On Aug 01, 2016
Are you male or female?

The sad truth is unless you want to quit the job and fight the case, you won't be able to do much in the Nigeria of today.

But, if you're female, you stand a slightly better chance of suing him.

4 Likes

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by ojun50(m): 7:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
Continue jor my own that use police to threaten me uko... Continue work no they out side again oh

5 Likes

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by MARKone(m): 6:41am On Aug 02, 2016
You would have slapped back before walking away for good.

2 Likes

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by seunlayi(m): 6:42am On Aug 02, 2016
Can your md
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by seunlayi(m): 6:42am On Aug 02, 2016
Sack your md

2 Likes

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by ikombe: 6:42am On Aug 02, 2016
tonididdy:
Hello lenposh
Your story is like a king who invites his friends for his sons wedding and insists on a particular dress code but because of familiarity, one of his friends disobeys the dress code. Do you know what the king did to that friend?, he tied him hands and legs bound and threw him out or so (matt 20:1-14).

The fact that u claim u are the alpha and omega at your job place like u claim dosent mean u should lack your professionalism and attend to a customr with food in your mouth, even a sweet is wrong because it alters your communication and its childish, unprofessional and not cool. Imagine dressed up in a neat suit and u chewing meat or have a stick sweet while signing an important contract papers in front of your buisness partners....naaaaa

What u should have done is stay low in the reception counter and finsih what was in your mouth before u attend to anyone. The customer can wait (that's like a 30seconds wait).

PS: you lucky your boss is begging you not to resign.
People wey no get work go wan advice people wey get work. Mtchew

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Mannylex(m): 6:42am On Aug 02, 2016
OdikwaRisky:
Sometimes the kind of devil that used to enter some people and make them act in stúpid strange ways cannot even be explained
You have a good job(100k per day you say??) and jobs are scarce these days

He doesn't make 100k as wage a day, that's his daily target, that is the amount he is expected to generate or sell per say for the business.

By the way, OP, you were wrong attending to a customer with food in your mouth, that's unprofessional. In my entire life, I have never seen a waiter, barman or the likes attend to a customer with filled mouth, so that's a first from you, however your boss was equally very wrong for slapping you in front of a customer,, with that experience alone, I as a customer would not visit such place again.

It's really going to be difficult for you to work effectively there , due to the embarrassment and dampened morale. .. However, if you don't have a plan B, dust yourself, ignore the shame and keep your job. It's a wild west out there especially in this period of economic "Change"

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by samintegrity(m): 6:44am On Aug 02, 2016
angry
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by chimah3(m): 6:44am On Aug 02, 2016
Hmm...Go back!!!

You will be a boss one day and understand why he did what he did!

He was wrong anyway...he could simply have corrected you!

5 Likes

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by justicejay(m): 6:44am On Aug 02, 2016
Abooked
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by sleek82(m): 6:44am On Aug 02, 2016
OdikwaRisky:
she is not making 100k for herself...she makes it for the company
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by adioolayi(m): 6:44am On Aug 02, 2016
Revenge is not good all the time, sometimes we must learn to let go, although I hate being treated like an animal, but in our country of today..Survival is key.....just get going till you get another offer...God be with you

3 Likes

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by RZArecta(m): 6:45am On Aug 02, 2016
Story sounds like what a blogger made up

2 Likes

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by BE811APP: 6:45am On Aug 02, 2016
Ur english na die...

Those who are wooing u were there?

2 Likes

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Jibabs2(m): 6:46am On Aug 02, 2016
Resign n u wil experience d real situation others without a job ar facing.

1 Like

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Stanleywaxy(m): 6:47am On Aug 02, 2016
Do not leave that job ; you were wrong to attend to a customer in such a manner , No one does that. Your boss too was wrong though you never said he's been acting like that for long . I'm sure there must be a reason for that type of action he took . Forgive him and move on

7 Likes

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by iykedare(m): 6:48am On Aug 02, 2016
A Nigerian will rather die on a job than resign. No wonder employers treat us like sh1t.

3 Likes

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by armadeo(m): 6:49am On Aug 02, 2016
Work no dey anywhere oh.

However be true to yourself. If you strongly feel you cannot continua to work there then leave, if however you can let go then continue your work.

It's all up to you.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by chillingbabe: 6:49am On Aug 02, 2016
OdikwaRisky:
You didn't read the post properly..you just rushed to comment because you want to be "first to comment"....Just see how you embarrassed yourself. FYI, the 100k is for the company and it's her target... so that's not her pay.

2 Likes

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by canalily(m): 6:49am On Aug 02, 2016
Pls swallow that insult as like u swallowed it together with that piece of meat. But dnt make that mistake again. He corrected u in a more harsh way than he should. Sorry dear, accept his pleading but let him know hw bad u felt, IN a more polite and uninsultive mannersadwink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Iscoalarcon: 6:50am On Aug 02, 2016
Leave that place asap
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 02, 2016
Regia or laparias

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Some People Will Never Succeed / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries / Meet Audrey Esi Swatson, Ghana’s Youngest Female Pilot (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.