Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,749 members, 7,831,395 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice (30871 Views)

I Was Slapped By My Employer / My MD Compensated Me After The Slap. / Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Tobium1(m): 9:38am On Aug 02, 2016
He apologised abi, forgive him and let it off ur mind, I bet u, u guys will become best of friends later.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by bigiyaro(m): 9:47am On Aug 02, 2016
abouzaid:
are you a Fulani herdsman? your name and manner of thinking suggests so.
, heheehehe fulani herdsman on nairaland, heheehehe bet my cows are on nairaland. Am one of those who believes in actions n reactions. Every mistake must be paid for. If every human will take a split second to think of the reactions to their actions, the world would be a little bit more bearable.

1 Like

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by willibounce1(m): 9:53am On Aug 02, 2016
lenposh:
My MD Has Done The Worst, Please I Need Your Advise

My name is Sewa, I work in an hotel at Iyana Ipaja as a bar supervisor. Am a graduate of Lapostech (HND). I work 24 hours because of the nature of my job and its a day off and on, meanwhile mine has been 3 days on and one day off because I make more money than others. Before I got to this hotel as a staff, they make lesser than I make now. Per day, my target is 100k but I make 130k at worst because we have club in the hotel as well.
It happened on friday when a customer wanted to buy a wine and I was eating before the customer came in, I was still chewing my meat when the customer came in and I tried to attend to the customer with the meet in my mouth because I do not want to delay him. In that process, my Managing Director came in and slapped me 2times in the presence of customers and even guys that were making wooing me, his reason was that I attended to a customer while eating. We not have break time in this my place of work o.
He slapped me and I worked away to continue my work but I want to revenge. I do not want my silence to be in vain.
My manager has been begging me not to resign because I dropped my resignation letter that day. He is begging me to come back.
What would you do if you were in my shoes?

It's disgusting to attend to customers even with chewing gum in your mouth let alone meat. Were you not trained before starting the job? In fact you don't need any training to know that you don't eat and attend to customers at the same time.

Your manager was wrong to have slapped you. He too is just one unprofessional monkey. He should have given you a query and stern warning. He has apologised and he did that because he knew he phucked up. It is left for you to forgive him or not. And if you want to revenge, don't go and do something that will put you in more trouble. Just let it go.

Always put yourself in a customers shoe, that's how you ensure good service. I'm sure you won't like it if someone attends to you chewing meat chwam! Chwam! Chwam! Like a goat and still struggling to talk to you.

All these iyana ipaja people self. Make una try Behind up small.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by ogawisdom(m): 10:00am On Aug 02, 2016
lenposh:

My name is Sewa, I work in an hotel at Iyana Ipaja as a bar supervisor. Am a graduate of Lapostech (HND). I work 24 hours because of the nature of my job and its a day off and on, meanwhile mine has been 3 days on and one day off because I make more money than others. Before I got to this hotel as a staff, they make lesser than I make now. Per day, my target is 100k but I make 130k at worst because we have club in the hotel as well.
It happened on friday when a customer wanted to buy a wine and I was eating before the customer came in, I was still chewing my meat when the customer came in and I tried to attend to the customer with the meet in my mouth because I do not want to delay him. In that process, my Managing Director came in and slapped me 2times in the presence of customers and even guys that were making wooing me, his reason was that I attended to a customer while eating. We not have break time in this my place of work o.
He slapped me and I worked away to continue my work but I want to revenge. I do not want my silence to be in vain.
My manager has been begging me not to resign because I dropped my resignation letter that day. He is begging me to come back.

Chewing meat n attending to customer haba u deserve a slap to receive sense nw. Keep ur job ur Bleep up was treated by d MD dts all
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by willibounce1(m): 10:00am On Aug 02, 2016
AmuDimpka:

You shouldn't have even been talking while eating. It is the way you carried yourself that will make him slap you. I ama what I know is that we are proud and no apologies.

What I will do ? I will immediately slap him there and like 3 times

You can take away money from a man ..he is still a man
But
When you take away dignity from a man he has lost his manhood .

Take it or leave it ...your dignity has been taken away

Are you tied to that hotel job,is he your destiny maker. People and stupidity seff.

Well you have been slapped now eat the humble pie

Take a firm decision that makes you a man ...

My MD can talk to me anyhow ..even in the talk there is limitations on what he can talk not to even slap me...if he does that ..he has signed his warrant

I don't forgive easily

Keep quiet and GTFO! You don't forgive easily... them never beat you correct beating.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by willibounce1(m): 10:03am On Aug 02, 2016
seunoni34:
Im just feeling sad at the soft comments here. I can never take a slap from anyone no matter how much they're paying me. This is crazy and barbaric! WTF, some people are advising you to stay? This is high level slavery! Let me tell you something, physically abusive men never change, especially men who slap grown ups at any slight provocation.

Your conduct may be unprofessional but his reaction is far from unprofessional and now an infringement on your right as a citizen.

You either do anything in your power to sue him or leave the company. If you stay, one thing is certain, you'll never get that respect back. Another day will surely come, trust me.
He might even r@pe you one day and you'll do nothing about it! You'll get weaker and weaker until the abuse will finally become a norm. And you'll hate yourself.

I work for someone who pays me well enough to buy my basic needs, as arrogant as he can be at times, I make sure I set my boundaries with him.

Anybody who can hit an adult for any reason except in self defense should be avoided at all cost.

Ekpa! You will not take slap from Mopol or a soldier. Na so una go dey make mouth online. Ordinary boys scout Na him go use u cure.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by jashar(f): 10:16am On Aug 02, 2016
[quote author=sorepco post=48108790][/quote]

No. I didn't read the post. undecided
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by byvan03: 10:26am On Aug 02, 2016
I will impulsively spit the meat on his face, I won't take the insult alone. I don't need a resignation letter to walk out of the premises undecided. Since you did nothing, suck it up or quit.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Cornel88(m): 10:41am On Aug 02, 2016
lenposh:

If you have a reliable witness/evidence and you can afford a good lawyer, resign on the ground that you were slapped, then sue the [b]hotel [/b]and make them pay.

2 Likes

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by seunoni34(m): 10:56am On Aug 02, 2016
willibounce1:

Ekpa! You will not take slap from Mopol or a soldier. Na so una go dey make mouth online. Ordinary boys scout Na him go use u cure.
Mr man, you can speak for yourself. Atleast in this case, you're dealing with a boss you're going to be seeing him every now and then (for as long as you're going to be working under him) so you have a choice.

A corporate setting is different from the streets.

And even at that, If a mopol or boyscout slaps me and I know I can have my way to get back at them, I WILL GIVE IT A TRY!

She has a choice to make, either she leaves (to protect her dignity) or she sues him. Physically abusive people never change!
Besides I never said she should resort to violence.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 02, 2016
It is often said, that you should not take or make any decision while angry.
this is so because there are higher chances of taking the wrong step each time that is done out of anger.
please my dear, calm down and have a rethink at a time even when your manager is begging you. Forgive and move on- better leave in good condition with good impression at a time when they needed you most.
The world is a global village.
wishing you all the best in you career.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 02, 2016
What sort off slavery mentality is this? because you working hard for him does he give him the right to slap you?
My dear i will advise you to resign. He doesn't mean well for you. One day he will disgrace you again and sack you. Na im type dey beat him wife for house.

1 Like

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Tearg1: 11:48am On Aug 02, 2016
Firstly I want to use this opportunity to denounce abuse at work place and denounce all managers who do this to their staff...

In all situations you must choose your integrity over money..

You work over time and sacrifice yourself for the success of this business and if a slap is what you get in return, I will advice you to calmly find a better job and walk away....

We must learn to treat each other with respect regardless of their respective position...

1 Like

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Rajosh(m): 11:55am On Aug 02, 2016
when going on a revenge mission, dig two graves.
slap your md,get fired and join thousands of jobless people in nigeria.
until you get another job, don't resign.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by uchwar1: 12:02pm On Aug 02, 2016
lenposh:

if u had wanted to resign, u should have slapped him back imm
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by compujyde: 12:15pm On Aug 02, 2016
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by opstar1: 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2016
Forgive and let go since he has begged.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by franklynsunny(m): 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
Bro
Forget it
Dat slap would ve bin avoidable if u no dat ur MD is aggressive like a local dog in public

Pls forgive him n continue and make sure u make moni also out of ur hotel per day as well...no MD belive u r nt cutting corners

Next time he want to act a fool...run away like a woman

Don't resign
Na u go lose

I ve bin dere bfor bt my own MD go die dat day if him try am

Am sef employed now...thanks to ja

1 Like

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Ghost447(m): 1:56pm On Aug 02, 2016
tonididdy:
Hello lenposh
Your story is like a king who invites his friends for his sons wedding and insists on a particular dress code but because of familiarity, one of his friends disobeys the dress code. Do you know what the king did to that friend?, he tied him hands and legs bound and threw him out or so (matt 20:1-14).

The fact that u claim u are the alpha and omega at your job place like u claim dosent mean u should lack your professionalism and attend to a customr with food in your mouth, even a sweet is wrong because it alters your communication and its childish, unprofessional and not cool. Imagine dressed up in a neat suit and u chewing meat or have a stick sweet while signing an important contract papers in front of your buisness partners....naaaaa

What u should have done is stay low in the reception counter and finsih what was in your mouth before u attend to anyone. The customer can wait (that's like a 30seconds wait).

PS: you lucky your boss is begging you not to resign.
Your submission is a reflection of our society and how we reason as people. There is no organisation without rules and regulations, there is no breach without sanction and I do not think any sane organisation/establishment will stipulate that if any of their staffs breach any of the laid down rules, then slap will be the sanction. It could be query, warning as the case may be. Eating while attending to customer is no doubt unprofessional, but slapping your staff for a breach that could be punished by other means is even more unprofessional.

1 Like

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by omogidi234(m): 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
Iscoalarcon:
Leave that place asap

1 million likes for you.

@ OP, I know there is scarcity of employment in town, but that doesn't give your boss the temerity to slap you. With due respect to him, he must be doing that at home.

What you did was wrong but he did much more wrong by slapping you. Please take off from that employment.

2 Likes

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Neverquit(f): 2:18pm On Aug 02, 2016
You have to go back unless you have other source(s) of income.

That being said, try asking for few things i.e. increase in pay, break time, etc. Try not to be greedy though. Still keep in mind that you need other sources of income so that you can leave that place.

Abuse in the work place is rampant in Nigeria. cry

lenposh:

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by comrChris(m): 2:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
op I know u r a female, attending to a customer with food in ur mouth was a very big mistake n ur boss slapping you in front of the customer was also wrong but s/he is ur boss, if you resign without a plan B you will definitely be at the loosing side and pls don't allow pride to push you into any decision you will regret, from the way you sound its obvious pride is entering into you because of how the company values you, what you should know is that whatever good you think you are doing to ur boss there are thousands of people out there who can do it much more better...

wisdom is the principle thing n its profitable to direct, the economy is in recession n the hardship in town is not smiling.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by tesorunke(m): 2:42pm On Aug 02, 2016
pls,kindly snd me the name of the hotel and the contact of your MD. u dnt hv to hurt him,bt they re better ways tht u wil also luv so much. holla...08154709296 watsap
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by lovchalice(f): 4:11pm On Aug 02, 2016
The day my MD slapped me while owing me two months salary, hetold the security men to search me before I leave which has never happened before. I payed myself, kindly use tissue to wrap my money, then used the money as pad, submitted my bags to his securities for search, the rest is history
lenposh:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by andyjagga: 9:31pm On Aug 02, 2016
tonididdy:
Hello lenposh
Your story is like a king who invites his friends for his sons wedding and insists on a particular dress code but because of familiarity, one of his friends disobeys the dress code. Do you know what the king did to that friend?, he tied him hands and legs bound and threw him out or so (matt 20:1-14).

The fact that u claim u are the alpha and omega at your job place like u claim dosent mean u should lack your professionalism and attend to a customr with food in your mouth, even a sweet is wrong because it alters your communication and its childish, unprofessional and not cool. Imagine dressed up in a neat suit and u chewing meat or have a stick sweet while signing an important contract papers in front of your buisness partners....naaaaa

What u should have done is stay low in the reception counter and finsih what was in your mouth before u attend to anyone. The customer can wait (that's like a 30seconds wait).

Does DAT justify d slap
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by OnaRegina: 12:44am On Aug 03, 2016
Some people are so backward and foolish. Thats why Nigerians keep getting cheated. Yeah she did wrong but for such a boss who wouldnt even give them a break, how are you sure he gave them any customer service training. He could have done anything else but that. Hes a savage and she should start looking for a new job asap. Quit as soon as you find a new job. No one should have to suffer violence in their place of work.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by bisoler(f): 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2016
'seconded'
opstar1:
Forgive and let go since he has begged.

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by mikolo80: 2:24am On Aug 05, 2016
lenposh:

sue him for assault
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by mikolo80: 2:25am On Aug 05, 2016
derrick333:

Needless Sueing him sins he hd apologized
manager not MD
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by mikolo80: 2:26am On Aug 05, 2016
tonididdy:
Hello lenposh

manager not MD
So assault is how you correct your subordinates
If na me na to arrange under bridge boys to de align you daily.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by mikolo80: 2:28am On Aug 05, 2016
chimah3:
Hmm...Go back!!!

You will be a boss one day and understand why he did what he did!

He was wrong anyway...he could simply have corrected you!
why did he do what he did. She resemble him pikin
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by derrick333(m): 5:03pm On Aug 08, 2016
mikolo80:
manager not MD
Wot Eva,sueing is outta it,nt in 9jà

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Military Requirement For Recruit: The Boot Camp Training / 10 Reasons Why Some People Will Never Succeed / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.