Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,004 members, 7,845,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice (30886 Views)

I Was Slapped By My Employer / My MD Compensated Me After The Slap. / Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 02, 2016
lenposh:
My name is Sewa, I work in an hotel at Iyana Ipaja as a bar supervisor. Am a graduate of Lapostech (HND). I work 24 hours because of the nature of my job and its a day off and on, meanwhile mine has been 3 days on and one day off because I make more money than others. Before I got to this hotel as a staff, they make lesser than I make now. Per day, my target is 100k but I make 130k at worst because we have club in the hotel as well.
It happened on friday when a customer wanted to buy a wine and I was eating before the customer came in, I was still chewing my meat when the customer came in and I tried to attend to the customer with the meet in my mouth because I do not want to delay him. In that process, my Managing Director came in and slapped me 2times in the presence of customers and even guys that were making wooing me, his reason was that I attended to a customer while eating. We not have break time in this my place of work o.
He slapped me and I worked away to continue my work but I want to revenge. I do not want my silence to be in vain.
My manager has been begging me not to resign because I dropped my resignation letter that day. He is begging me to come back.
What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Hey babe...
I worked in a hotel for a very long time.
Im a graduate as well.
I have worked at 3 different big hotel edifices, so i think i earn a position to advise you.

1. To work in a hotel means you are obligated to follow orders and adhere to strict laws.
2. Ma'am it is wrong to attend to your customer while eating, its hygienically wrong.

Now to my point...

You just learnt something vital, trust me.

Moreso, i wouldn't say its right for your manager or supervisor to slap you, but if that is the case... The deed has already been done. All u need to do now is to use the means that he/she is begging u not to go... Telk him not to try that with you again (in a polite manner).

I think you are more obsessed with the fact that you are been slapped in front of your suitors. No, let me advise you. Back in those days, my colleagues who are bent on dating customers are tagged as prostitutes by the customers and co-staffs.
It would amaze you to know these.. People talk, and virtually all customers are one way or the other talking... So if u havn't 'cheaping' yourself, pls dont do.

Uf you're thinking what do i know about been trampled on... I have a bad memory too, but i thank God sha.
in my own case, i was the receptionist. Long story jare.

Do you want me to teach you how to get money and yet be fidel and legit? send me a pm, i will get back to u.

Anyways

DrabeeyWasHere
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by repogirl(f): 7:47am On Aug 02, 2016
Everybody go just dey talk sue sue sue, as if na beans to sue somebody. How many of you people saying sue him have actually sued anyone? Even in oyibo land, to take someone to court is quite expensive and the law is even on the victims side but here who will take your case seriously? Your case will be adjourned to eternity after your MD has settled the law.

My advice, he is your MD, you are lucky he is even good enough to apologise. People make mistakes, he is possibly going through personal issues and transferred aggression to you.

You were also wrong to serve customers with food in your mouth.

Revenge will do you no good. An eye for an eye will only make the world go blind. You are angry now but calm down, dont let your anger make you do something you will regret later. It's only a slap and a little humiliation, you will get over it. I'm sure you've been through worse.

Just let it go abeg and keep being the awesome staff you usually are. They will appreciate it and probably give you a promotion later on.

2 Likes

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by phreakabit(m): 7:56am On Aug 02, 2016
[size=18pt]If you can recollect the exact day and have substantial evidence in thr form of visuals from CCTV
Then SUE the living day lights out of the organization.
Make money. . . Hotel fires manager.
Everyone wins[/size]
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by lereinter(m): 7:58am On Aug 02, 2016
Her mistake was not a deadly or costly one

Why should a MD slap his worker for chewing while talking to a customer

The slap was in the presence of customer

Is slap part of penalty or fine of workplace error.

You should only stay if the MD apologies and Compensates you.

No don't ridicule yourself
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by raymondinc(m): 7:58am On Aug 02, 2016
My brother, a man who is looking for a means of survival becomes a fool for that moment. I admired your courage but please don't quit and don't give up till you arrive for quiters never win. Even Jesus Christ received the beaten of his life and humiliation, come to talk about you and I, common dust. Your MD will regret his action thou might chose to cover up his ego but one day will tell so, continue and give all the glory to God.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Originalsly: 8:00am On Aug 02, 2016
Am a graduate?..... with this your terrible roadside English why did you think it necessary to say you are a graduate?....HND at that? @topic.... how much meat/food do you stuff in your mouth at a time that you can't swallow it before you get to the customer? ... and since you have explanation it means you still see nothing wrong in being in a customer's face chopping bush meat. But.... regardless... the manager is wrong... very wrong.... to allow you to collect only one slap and walk away.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by blacq2009(m): 8:04am On Aug 02, 2016
lenposh:
My MD Has Done The Worst, Please I Need Your Advise

My name is Sewa, I work in an hotel at Iyana Ipaja as a bar supervisor. Am a graduate of Lapostech (HND). I work 24 hours because of the nature of my job and its a day off and on, meanwhile mine has been 3 days on and one day off because I make more money than others. Before I got to this hotel as a staff, they make lesser than I make now. Per day, my target is 100k but I make 130k at worst because we have club in the hotel as well.
It happened on friday when a customer wanted to buy a wine and I was eating before the customer came in, I was still chewing my meat when the customer came in and I tried to attend to the customer with the meet in my mouth because I do not want to delay him. In that process, my Managing Director came in and slapped me 2times in the presence of customers and even guys that were making wooing me, his reason was that I attended to a customer while eating. We not have break time in this my place of work o.
He slapped me and I worked away to continue my work but I want to revenge. I do not want my silence to be in vain.
My manager has been begging me not to resign because I dropped my resignation letter that day. He is begging me to come back.
To err is human, to forgive is divine.
Serve to be served.

1 Like

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Essens(m): 8:05am On Aug 02, 2016
Dat u walked away after he slapped u showed hw matured u r n hw wrong ur boss was. U shudnt av dropped d resignation letter but shud av first talked 2 him. He is grooming u, maybe whr u'll wrk nxt will require more patience n humility 4rm u. Both of u were wrong, if u stay n fortunate 2 meet d customer again apologize 2 him, dat will win u more respect.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by olukemiyemi: 8:06am On Aug 02, 2016
Everyone will have to take this sort of decision at different points in life. Its a personal thing to draw limits on what looks to you like a violation of your sense of self. All forms of abuse in relationships, family, work place and government have become endemic because our moral compass continues to shift, people continue dumb down and disrespect themselves because of the fear of the unknown. If each individual resists abuse at every point, it will no longer be fashionable in Nigeria.

If your company winds down or there was a fire incident, will you not look for another source of sustenance? Is then ok to allow your sense of self/dignity to violated because your feel you have no option? A man/woman who doesn't stand for anything will fall for anything. Your feelings are valid.

Let us restrain from encouraging abuse by advising people to endure. If I got this story right, her manager apologised, not the MD who slapped her. If she acted unprofessionally, has the MD responded within professional boundaries? If the MD himself apologises, its your choice to consider letting go.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Phrankin(m): 8:11am On Aug 02, 2016
Still trying to imagine slapping you with your mouth full of meat. What a sight to behold.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by itzsniper(m): 8:13am On Aug 02, 2016
whatz dz one saying, ur target is 100k as a barman? u inprove their sales by wat biko? na u dey drink d beer ni, u are a supervisor, u are jst a damn waitress in a roadside beerparlour, so take it or uv got another job waiting for u or u wan go join normal normal lagos street olosho ni, u can bring ur cv down to sky club for akinpelu, oshodi, i gat a jab waiting for u
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by DedeNkem: 8:13am On Aug 02, 2016
lenposh:

If you work 24 hrs, then how do you sleep? If you forgo sleep for a long time you'll die. Nobody works 24 hrs every day! And no sane person would agree to work 24 hrs! So mind what you say here, not everyone on NL is an id*iot.

Back to your problem. Nobody has any right to physically abuse anyone at workplace. Your MD committed a crime. Unfortunately, there's extremely lack of rule of law in Nigeria. Nigerians must learn to demand respect at workplace. It's your right! You're an employee not a slave!

Those asking you to just forgive and forget are ignorant and haven't experienced being slapped at work.
Your as*shole MD is the worst of a kind and shouldn't be in that job.

Even though I would give my employees break time to prevent them from eating while attending to customers. I would be grateful to have a dedicated employee who attends to my customers even when he supposed to eat! He supposed to praise and honor your love for the job!

You've two options;

1. If he's not the owner of the hotel, report him to the owner immediately. The owner may sack him or the MD you sack you if he wasn't sacked, so bear that in mind. But for the fact that you bring in more money for the business, it may be hard for him to sack you.

2. Give the st*upid MD conditions and if he agrees, then you stay.
Conditions;
- Basic work hours per day is 7 - 8 hrs. Extra hours, extra pay.
- You need one or two free days per week. You need time for yourself and family.
- You must have, at least, 30 mins break time to eat, during work hrs.
- You must be treated with respect at all times.
- He must sign an agreement to never abuse you or any other employee physically.

Good luck.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by asaju10(m): 8:15am On Aug 02, 2016
7Randall:
If he has apologized, the forgive him
It wasn't d MD that apologized but the manager
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by asaju10(m): 8:22am On Aug 02, 2016
BE811APP:
Ur english na die...

Those who are wooing u were there?
Fault finder!
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by bigiyaro(m): 8:24am On Aug 02, 2016
OP, don't forgive nor forget, jst keep doing ur job and plan ur revenge quietly n slowly, don't even give a clue to anyone dat u still habour d incident in ur heart. Strike him wen he least expects n strike him with so much power, force n energy infact by the time u finish with him, him no go know wetin hit am. Even if it takes u 10 years make sure u deal with him.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by abouzaid: 8:30am On Aug 02, 2016
iykedare:
A Nigerian will rather die on a job than resign. No wonder employers treat us like sh1t.

very true but it also explains why they often fail to show up a day after payday because they have gotten another job or started a business before leaving their jobs, you need to understand that Nigeria is a zoo and the hardworking masses gets treated like lower animals by the beasts in power over them.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by abouzaid: 8:32am On Aug 02, 2016
bigiyaro:
OP, don't forgive nor forget, jst keep doing ur job and plan ur revenge quietly n slowly, don't even give a clue to anyone dat u still habour d incident in ur heart. Strike him wen he least expects n strike him with so much power, force n energy infact by the time u finish with him, him no go know wetin hit am. Even if it takes u 10 years make sure u deal with him.
are you a Fulani herdsman? your name and manner of thinking suggests so.

1 Like

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Goldie88(f): 8:48am On Aug 02, 2016
Skelewu:

Chai, babe no offence, but you wicked o!
Finger ke? Seems like you do it all the time. grin Assuming that's your picture in your profile, then it's true that those with cute innocent faces can be heartless. wink

evil laugh #hahahahahahah# sorry what did you say again
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Goldie88(f): 8:49am On Aug 02, 2016
Nickymezor:
shocked shocked... can u hear ur self

did I type that#ohhhhmygoshhhh#
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 02, 2016
Ordinary slap undecided and you're complaining, op abeg resign grin cheesy
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by sorepco(m): 8:55am On Aug 02, 2016
[quote author=jashar post=48090840][i]Are you male or female?

She is a she_male!! Did u not read this very djort post?
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Skelewu: 8:59am On Aug 02, 2016
Goldie88:

evil laugh #hahahahahahah# sorry what did you say again

Uhm... nothing. lipsrsealed
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by uzo4real(m): 9:04am On Aug 02, 2016
Slap him back biko....then forgive him smiley

1 Like

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by galadima77(m): 9:05am On Aug 02, 2016
I'm not sure i can work wit a boss whose slap i can't return...save apologies for later.
Proudly leo and king of the jungle!
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by galadima77(m): 9:07am On Aug 02, 2016
uzo4real:
Slap him back biko....then forgive him smiley

You're the only 'man' on this thread, biko
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by titosantana(m): 9:16am On Aug 02, 2016
Double post
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by titosantana(m): 9:17am On Aug 02, 2016
Lots of cretins in here!
OP, pls sue the animal.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 02, 2016
dear OP, please calm down...challenges we face at workplace tend to prepare us for the future. Just take it in and see this as a wake-up call...it's time to move higher but then resign only after you have secured a better job...if we tell you what we experience at workplace eh, you will thank God for your life. Please go back to your job - remember Nigeria economy is not getting better. Would you rather stay back home and become a nuisance to your family? Dust yourself, chin up, square up your shoulder and get back to work. Remember, choose to forgive him - this is for your own good. Harboring resentment is detrimental to your health. So let the past go... He is your boss today, how about tomorrow? it's just a matter of time, God's grace and determination...so cheer up...All the best!

lenposh:
My MD Has Done The Worst, Please I Need Your Advise

Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by BABANGBALI: 9:26am On Aug 02, 2016
Join witchcraft and report him to your members
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 02, 2016
SniperD:
don't know how true your story is...
but slapping you is wrong but also you chewing while attending to a customer is kinda wrong too....

u can report him to the police.
sue him to court.
for abuse and the fine him and then u will go home with a fat cheque.

oh sorry we are in Nigeria.

Don't sue him please and please, continue working there ,job is difficult out there but it won't be for God's children so don't take that chances. Wish he had slap you in presence of old men( customer) you wouldn't have taken it to this extent probably he slapped you in presence of a guy you're interested in ( look like falling hand) anyways don't give up your job trying to form a "big babe" though what he did was wrong.
Re: My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice by Nickymezor(f): 9:30am On Aug 02, 2016
Goldie88:

did I type that#ohhhhmygoshhhh#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. / 10 Reasons Why Some People Will Never Succeed / Meet Audrey Esi Swatson, Ghana’s Youngest Female Pilot (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.