Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

What MUST I Do on My First Day Of Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What MUST I Do on My First Day Of Business (606 Views)

CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper / . / 10 Kinds Of Business That Can Bring You Millions In Nigeria This Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What MUST I Do on My First Day Of Business by makazona(m): 10:13am On Aug 01, 2016
This was the question a good friend of mine who will open his shop this week asked me.

I gave him the ones I know but I still believe they are inexhaustible.

So, I ask: What are those things a beginner must do on the first day of opening a shop (in this instance, an electrical shop)

@ kingdenny ur input will be appreciated for my guy sake.
Re: What MUST I Do on My First Day Of Business by kingdenny(m): 11:55pm On Aug 01, 2016
makazona:
This was the question a good friend of mine who will open his shop this week asked me.

I gave him the ones I know but I still believe they are inexhaustible.

So, I ask: What are those things a beginner must do on the first day of opening a shop (in this instance, an electrical shop)

@ kingdenny ur input will be appreciated for my guy sake.
Prior to opening a shop, a good business plan must already have been in place
This business plan will act as a guide from the start of the business
Product knowledge of the goods he intends to be selling, electrical is a wide range of products, starting from pipes, boxes, cables, switches and socket, ventilation, lighting, circuit protection, switch gear, e.t.c so he needs to know about the product he wants to deal in, business name is it gonna be limited liability or enterprise? Would he be needing a sales girl who has the ability to write the sales of the day, cash book and other ledger required, register with the federal inland revenue as per getting your tin number which you might be required to open a bank account, arrange your shop in a way that passers by will be able to tell what you deal in without having to come inside, a lot of cheap substandard product, would he want to deal in those or would he want to deal in genuine products or would he want to mix both so that when such customers that are cheap comes he could sell to them and when customers that want the real thing comes he could also sell to them too. Where is the shop located? In market setting or in a residential setting could determine the kind of products to deal in.
If I remember any other thing I will chip in bit by bit cheers
Re: What MUST I Do on My First Day Of Business by makazona(m): 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2016
kingdenny:

Prior to opening a shop, a good business plan must already have been in place
This business plan will act as a guide from the start of the business
Product knowledge of the goods he intends to be selling, electrical is a wide range of products, starting from pipes, boxes, cables, switches and socket, ventilation, lighting, circuit protection, switch gear, e.t.c so he needs to know about the product he wants to deal in, business name is it gonna be limited liability or enterprise? Would he be needing a sales girl who has the ability to write the sales of the day, cash book and other ledger required, register with the federal inland revenue as per getting your tin number which you might be required to open a bank account, arrange your shop in a way that passers by will be able to tell what you deal in without having to come inside, a lot of cheap substandard product, would he want to deal in those or would he want to deal in genuine products or would he want to mix both so that when such customers that are cheap comes he could sell to them and when customers that want the real thing comes he could also sell to them too. Where is the shop located? In market setting or in a residential setting could determine the kind of products to deal in.
If I remember any other thing I will chip in bit by bit cheers

Nice one Bro...He is here nodding like a Lizard cheesy

(1) (Reply)

The Best Machine For Bulk Sms Marketing .save Big Money For U Business. / Earn N5000 Daily..... This Is So Real / How Diamond Bank Stole My Money Through DYA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.