Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

All My Computer Files Open With Media Player - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / All My Computer Files Open With Media Player (1290 Views)

My Toshiba Laptop Can't Play Music With Media Player 9, 10, 11 / External Hard Drive Enclosure With Media Playing Function Needed / All My Files Open In Media Player Mode. Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All My Computer Files Open With Media Player by SKYQUEST(m): 3:58am On Sep 20, 2009
how do i resolve this annoying issues with my files. my HP system runs on windows vista. window media player now opens with every file i try to open. media player just pop up whenever i try to open the files whilst most of the files do not eventually open. the icon of these files on my desktop has also been changed and that includes that of my anti virus. somebody should please help me out
Re: All My Computer Files Open With Media Player by judebeyou: 9:44am On Sep 20, 2009
i think u have defaulted all your files to be on media player only. do this. rigth click on the file, locate open with, then select the last option, a dialogue box will appear, select the program that u want to use, highligth the mark, klick ok. it will open wit that program. [color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: All My Computer Files Open With Media Player by danconsult(m): 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2009
i think what you should is right click on the document giving this proble.then on the drop menu, cick on properties, after that, u will see an icon showing CHANGE by ur right hand side. select it then change the way the document appears. use a readeable format. also the microsoft word in ur system might have expired. if all this doesnt work, go to ur task bar, right click on a blue side,some drop menu comes up, among them is the task manager. see if you can open the task manager, if not then it means that ur system is infected by a virus.
let me knows what happens sha[img][/img].[code][/code]
Re: All My Computer Files Open With Media Player by SKYQUEST(m): 9:52pm On Sep 20, 2009
when i right click on the affected files, ópen with""does not come up. i have also tried changing the icon of the files without success. however i am able to open the task manager and it is only the administrator profile that has its files affected. when i open the other profile, the files are intact

(1) (Reply)

A 6 Months Old Hp Pavilion Dv5 For Sale @ Cheap Price! / Is Glo Bolt Actually Faster Than Net Pro / 5 Most Useless Websites On The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.