Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) (19888 Views)

New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) / NDDC Has Started Recovery Work On Calabar-itu Road / FG Orders Commencement Of Work On Calabar-Itu Road(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by Raphael81(m): 5:35pm On Aug 01, 2016
castrokins:
Get Your Facts Right. The Road Wasn't Constructed In 1999

It's Disappointing However That A Trip Of 45mins Between Calabar And Uyo Now Takes 2 Days Unless You're Ready To Use Boats And Canoe

very sad, last month i spent almost 8hours moving from uyo to calabar, adiok ano Government

2 Likes

Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by Abagworo(m): 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
I've always seen the general Calabar problem as my problem because I love the city and it's people. I've had so much fun in Calabar when it was still bubbling until the roads started deteriorating to unusable level. A simple search on Nairaland archive can prove that my unheard voice started lamenting in 2010. It's been 6 years now and things are almost getting out of hand.
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by arabbunkum: 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
That road is a nightmare. I use it frequently.
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by Abagworo(m): 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2016
Sweetlemon:

And APC should do it within one year?

It's not about doing it within one year but are there signs it would be considered at all? We lamented during Jonathan's 2nd year and people argued just like you did and 4 years later nothing was done.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by Louiscutedude(m): 5:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
Typing......
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by saintdennis(m): 6:16pm On Aug 01, 2016
Bolustic:

Federal Government since 1999=PDP
Cross River State Govt since 1999= PDP

When the current VP said PDP didn't complete any Road project since 1999, many came for his head.

And yet same people would claim PDP is better than APC

What thrills me is the way they "HATE" APC like it's the party that has been ruling us since 1999.

It is the same pmb they hate that INSISTED lagos-calabar rail was part of the budget

Same pmb they hare that also fought for the inclusion of the calabar-itu road in the budget after its allocation was diverted by the NASS (what is the job of CR reps n senators? (pdp) @ the NASS?

Same PDP with omisore as appropriation chairman budgeted money for rehabilitation of the road but it was never done. This road don enter budget how many times?

Worse still. I can't fathom how the ND. People can celebrate NDA ATTACKS. Which will affect the ability of pmb to implement his plans 4 naija just cos GEJ lost election?

That is why i keep wondering how a. Sane edo man will even think about voting pdp back into edo state after their woeful performance for 8years which APC has managed to correct in their own 8years?

2 Likes

Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by saintdennis(m): 6:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
Abagworo:

It's not about doing it within one year but are there signs it would be considered at all? We lamented during Jonathan's 2nd year and people argued just like you did and 4 years later nothing was done.

Is it feasible with NDA blowing up pipelines?
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 01, 2016
Abagworo:
Like I've always written, Akwaibom and Crossriver are almost cut off from Nigeria courtesy FG's insensitivity.
. With all allocations they collect from FG and couple with them having of their own as President for 6yrs. Bunch of criminals. They can not bring devt.to their region but always for northerners. By God willings what ur refuse to do 4 u pple, Buhahari will do it.
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by IrradiatoR: 6:25pm On Aug 01, 2016
Abagworo:
Like I've always written, Akwaibom and Crossriver are almost cut off from Nigeria courtesy FG's insensitivity.

what should we say about the Senators and Reps from those two states since 1999 till date, how have they argued and lobbied in favour of getting that road back in shape. . .

i think the road is included in this year's budget
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by christinie(f): 6:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
Buhari would rather fix all the roads in Chad first.
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by tempest02: 6:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
And oil money has been budgeted for the year...they can not at least do federal roads in the region providing it.

If w support militants now, environmentalists go dey give lecture....then no dey see this environment talk now.
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by 4nobody4every1: 6:49pm On Aug 01, 2016
Bolustic:

Federal Government since 1999=PDP
Cross River State Govt since 1999= PDP

When the current VP said PDP didn't complete any Road project since 1999, many came for his head.

[b]And yet same people would claim PDP is better than APC
[/b]
Well said cool
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
These are the things we are talking about, why is this road like this? Isn't it part of Nigeria? Yet more focus is on State Capitals and Abuja...The whole system is run like some part aren't important to Nigeria... So sad
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by owanedo: 7:04pm On Aug 01, 2016
247Dior:
bro stop living in the past.. those are the reasons why APC is voted into power
you are liar, Apc lost woefully in the south south and south east. You people voted for fresh air that was never fresh. Mention one Apc senator from the south south, apart from one from edo state. Buhari Will attend to the 95 per cent first before considering the 5per cent. That is how it works. No cheating.
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by owanedo: 7:09pm On Aug 01, 2016
Alexander001:
Try odukpani road and see hell, truly FG rarely recognize cross river and akwaibom state in terms of road construction.
and they all rooted for the same govt who abandoned them like this.now I know juju is working.
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by LovesonBlezz(m): 7:21pm On Aug 01, 2016
ladyF:
Chai... this is unacceptable!!! shocked
lts ladyF again cheesy
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by arsenic33(m): 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
all federal roads leading to Akwa Ibom state was reconstructed and dualized by Godswill Akpabio led administration
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by ladyF(f): 7:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
LovesonBlezz:
lts ladyF again cheesy
Hehehe how u dey na
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by alobright17(m): 7:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
Sweetlemon:

And APC should do it within one year?

Help me ask him?What PDP failed to achieve in 16yrs APC should do it within 1 yr.Some people don't think well,just commenting because others are doing so.
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2016
Well, the Governor can decide to sit back and wait for FG or do the needful. Akpabio reconstructed the roads connecting AKS to Abia state way back, and it was really appreciated.
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by Damianjnr(m): 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2016
That road is a death trap, Imagine travelling frm Calabar to Owerri, all day journey shit!! Going through Abi Lga(cross rivers) to Ebonyi state den to Abia... Really stressful, God help us!!!!
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Thats Nigerian politics for you

The hard working and dedicated ones are very few

Cc: Lalasticlala

Who told you Calabar-Itu road was constructed in 1999? Get your fact right beforw you post anything. The construction of that road was as far back as late 1960s to early 70s. This your 1999 i dont where it came from. Google is your friend sha.

Concerning the road, i always have this feeling that Akwa Ibom/Cross River seem not to be part of Nigeria. If you travel inter-states in the northen region, you will cry for what people are passing through in this part of the country. That road has never been routinely repaired since it was constructed during 70s.
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by 19naia(m): 11:29pm On Aug 01, 2016
The water in the potholes is deep and wide enough to raise several tons of fish to sell for revenue to use for the repair of the same road. But as usual all the options for solution are ignored. shocked
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by micfoley: 1:00am On Aug 02, 2016
Really sad. And people wonder why Niger Delta Avengers are agitating
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by kuuljay(m): 3:31am On Aug 02, 2016
owanedo:
you are liar, Apc lost woefully in the south south and south east. You people voted for fresh air that was never fresh. Mention one Apc senator from the south south, apart from one from edo state. Buhari Will attend to the 95 per cent first before considering the 5per cent. That is how it works. No cheating.
grin grin why evils
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by naijaforlife: 6:05am On Aug 02, 2016
This road is indeed in "cross-river" state.
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by saintkeppy(m): 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2016
SerialGist:

Who told you Calabar-Itu road was constructed in 1999? Get your fact right beforw you post anything. The construction of that road was as far back as late 1960s to early 70s. This your 1999 i dont where it came from. Google is your friend sha.

Concerning the road, i always have this feeling that Akwa Ibom/Cross River seem not to be part of Nigeria. If you travel inter-states in the northen region, you will cry for what people are passing through in this part of the country. That road has never been routinely repaired since it was constructed during 70s.
. Don't mind him. He's very ignorant. That road including the bridge(unity bridge) at Itu was constructed during the Govt. Of U.J Esuene a MiLAD in the 70's. Before the road became a reality, ferry services at Oron port was used as a means of Transporting passengers, goods and services from Cross River Mainland (now AKS) to&fro' Calabar &other parts of north, central Cross River State.

Our Senators/Reps, past gov'nors of the 2states over the years have attracted FG's attention to the road to be dualize but fruitless.

So unfortunate our own South-south man, 4ma presido GEJ did not do anything about the road for 6yrs.

But thank God, i heard the road has been included in this year's budget. We hope contractors are mobilize to site.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by saintkeppy(m): 2:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
micfoley:
Really sad. And people wonder why Niger Delta Avengers are agitating
. What are they agitating? For 6yrs we had a Niger Delta man at the helm of affairs as president &absolutely nothing was done about the only "Federal" road connecting the 2states. I heard President Buhari included the road in this year's budget by himself after purported exclusion.
Agitating for their own personal interest, ahbi for their pocket!
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
saintkeppy:
. Don't mind him. He's very ignorant. That road including the bridge(unity bridge) at Itu was constructed during the Govt. Of U.J Esuene a MiLAD in the 70's. Before the road became a reality, ferry services at Oron port was used as a means of Transporting passengers, goods and services from Cross River Mainland (now AKS) to&fro' Calabar &other parts of north, central Cross River State.

Our Senators/Reps, past gov'nors of the 2states over the years have attracted FG's attention to the road to be dualize but fruitless.

So unfortunate our own South-south man, 4ma presido GEJ did not do anything about the road for 6yrs.

But thank God, i heard the road has been included in this year's budget. We hope contractors are mobilize to site.

The dualization/construction of that road included in this year's budget? Bro, that is a fat lie. Nothing of such. The one they were arguing on was a railway system, not road construction. Even the rail way own was controversial. No assurance on that It saddens our hearts GEJ couldnt do just that for us.
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by saintkeppy(m): 6:56pm On Aug 02, 2016
SerialGist:

The dualization/construction of that road included in this year's budget? Bro, that is a fat lie. Nothing of such. The one they were arguing on was a railway system, not road construction. Even the rail way own was controversial. No assurance on that It saddens our hearts GEJ couldnt do just that for us.
. Well! I would advise you check SOUTH-SOUTH CAPITAL PROJECTS IN 2016 BUDGET on this nairaland forum or F'Government official website.
I also heard Senator Ita Enang, S.A to PMB on senate matters, mentioning it on Radio Live interview in Uyo, where he was asked.
Except its all lies.

Google this article: FG earmarks N6B for the dualization of Calabar-Itu-Ikot Ekpene highway
ww2.radionigeria.gov.ng

As for the Calabar-Lagos railway the contract has been signed already, where Hon. Ameachi, the Transport Minister signed on behalf of FG. I personally watch this contract signin'Live on news. Where Ameachi listed the towns &cities where the railway will cut across.

Are you not currently in Nigeria or you are based abroad??
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:07pm On Aug 02, 2016
fashrola:
That road is a death trap, Imagine travelling to Calabar from Uyo for 6hours+ or a full day (A Journey of 1hour 10mins few years back or less with a private car).. A lot of heavy duty trucks on that road is also messing the road up too.

I prefer using Oron - Calabar route by sea (25mins) even though it's expensive at least it's more safe and fast

My Dear. I Fear Water Transportation More Than Death. Lolz
Re: The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) by fashrola(m): 11:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

My Dear. I Fear Water Transportation More Than Death. Lolz

My dear that's the safest means of transportation... trust me u'll like it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Saw Husband In London – Group / APC Wins Lagos West Senatorial Seat / With Functional Refineries, Petrol Will Sell For Less Than ₦‎200 – IPMAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.