Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis (802 Views)

Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis / Pope Francis Meets With Nigerian Prostitutes Rescued In Italy / Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis by Pepuscutie270(f): 2:07pm On Aug 01, 2016
The pontiff was on a pilgrimage to Poland, and made an unscheduled stop at a church in Krakow to implore God to protect people from the 'devastating wave' of terrorism in many part of the world.
He was pressed by reporters on the papal flight from Poland on the subject of Islamic terror, and Francis replied that 'it's not right to identify Islam with violence. It's not right and it's not true.'
He added: 'I believe that in every religion there is always a little fundamentalist group.'

'I don't like to talk of Islamic violence because every day, when I go through the newspapers, I see violence, this man who girls his girlfriend, another who kills his mother-in-law.
'And these are baptized Catholics. If I speak of Islamic violence, then I have to speak of Catholic violence.'
Noting he has spoken with imams, he concluded: 'I know how they think, they are looking for peace.'
As for the Islamic State group, he said it 'presents itself with a violent identity card, but that's not Islam.'

read more ...http://www.oliviangene.com/2016/08/its-not-right-to-identify-islam-with.html

Re: It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis by Ini9(m): 2:11pm On Aug 01, 2016
Mak I kip quite! As e be say dem Neva behead am na mak dey talk trash
Re: It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis by impossible27(m): 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
Pepuscutie270:
The pontiff was on a pilgrimage to Poland, and made an unscheduled stop at a church in Krakow to implore God to protect people from the 'devastating wave' of terrorism in many part of the world.
He was pressed by reporters on the papal flight from Poland on the subject of Islamic terror, and Francis replied that 'it's not right to identify Islam with violence. It's not right and it's not true.'
He added: 'I believe that in every religion there is always a little fundamentalist group.'

'I don't like to talk of Islamic violence because every day, when I go through the newspapers, I see violence, this man who girls his girlfriend, another who kills his mother-in-law.
'And these are baptized Catholics. If I speak of Islamic violence, then I have to speak of Catholic violence.'
Noting he has spoken with imams, he concluded: 'I know how they think, they are looking for peace.'
As for the Islamic State group, he said it 'presents itself with a violent identity card, but that's not Islam.'

read more ...http://www.oliviangene.com/2016/08/its-not-right-to-identify-islam-with.html
I love the bold. Now it time for our Muslim brothers to come and mastubate here.

long live your holiness, I love u
Gracia
Re: It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis by ValentineMary(m): 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2016
Even as an atheist I love this man because he speaks truth and does not hide his mouth. Every religion has extremist group that's for sure.

2 Likes

Re: It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis by Presbulg(m): 10:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
Islam does not preach violence but peace with oneself and the people around. Only if people can study Islam and not muslims to see how beautiful it is.
Re: It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 02, 2016
ValentineMary:
Even as an atheist I love this man because he speaks truth and does not hide his mouth. Every religion has extremist group that's for sure.
I am a Catholic and I can confidently say that this pope does not know what he is talking about. He sounds more like Obama than like a Catholic pope. Perhaps he should pay attention on what the Catholic doctors and saints have taught about Islam. Perhaps a simple read of the most illustrious of teachers St Thomas Aquinas would open his eyes. Or simply reading his predecessors like Benedict XVI's Regensburg address or Pope St Pius V's crusade or Blessed Urban II's call for the first crusade in defence of Christendom. He seems more interested in defending Islam more than his own faith. He has ignored a Catholic woman Asia Bibi in Pakistan who is on death row for allegedly blaspheming Mohamed. She has written numerous letters to him and he has not replied any of them. Her husband and little daughter went to Rome for a Mass at St Peter's and he ignored them. Why is he doing all this evil if not to protect Islam's image? I remain a loyal Catholic but I don't really pay attention to what this Pope says. If I want to know what Islam is from a Catholic point of view I will consult St Thomas Aquinas not Francis.

1 Like

Re: It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis by ValentineMary(m): 6:06pm On Aug 02, 2016
Papist:

I am a Catholic and I can confidently say that this pope does not know what he is talking about. He sounds more like Obama than like a Catholic pope. Perhaps he should pay attention on what the Catholic doctors and saints have taught about Islam. Perhaps a simple read of the most illustrious of teachers St Thomas Aquinas would open his eyes. Or simply reading his predecessors like Benedict XVI's Regensburg address or Pope St Pius V's crusade or Blessed Urban II's call for the first crusade in defence of Christendom. He seems more interested in defending Islam more than his own faith. He has ignored a Catholic woman Asia Bibi in Pakistan who is on death row for allegedly blaspheming Mohamed. She has written numerous letters to him and he has not replied any of them. Her husband and little daughter went to Rome for a Mass at St Peter's and he ignored them. Why is he doing all this evil if not to protect Islam's image? I remain a loyal Catholic but I don't really pay attention to what this Pope says. If I want to know what Islam is from a Catholic point of view I will consult St Thomas Aquinas not Francis.
So u would rather agree to Thomas medieval mentality that was most probably corrupt with ignorance than a modern man's own perhaps u should study about the inquisition, third crusade, holocaust, religious wars in most of Europe, etc on how catholics were once worse than islam.

And it seems u have practically ignored the abortionist christian extremist kill, gays they discriminate, etc

2 Likes

Re: It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 03, 2016
ValentineMary:

So u would rather agree to Thomas medieval mentality that was most probably corrupt with ignorance than a modern man's own perhaps u should study about the inquisition, third crusade, holocaust, religious wars in most of Europe, etc on how catholics were once worse than islam.

And it seems u have practically ignored the abortionist christian extremist kill, gays they discriminate, etc
I am yet to see any modern man wiser than St Thomas. Let alone Francis. Here is what St Thomas wrote about Mohammed and Islam and it is still true today if you look at the various Islamic groups and Islamic society in general. If you have any disagreements with him please point them out.
"He (Mohammed) seduced the people by
promises of carnal pleasure to which the
concupiscence of the flesh urges us. His teaching
also contained precepts that were in conformity
with his promises, and he gave free rein to carnal
pleasure. In all this, as is not unexpected; he was
obeyed by carnal men. As for proofs of the truth
of his doctrine, he brought forward only such as
could be grasped by the natural ability of anyone
with a very modest wisdom. Indeed, the truths
that he taught he mingled with many fables and
with doctrines of the greatest falsity.
He did not bring forth any signs produced in a
supernatural way, which alone fittingly gives
witness to divine inspiration; for a visible action
that can be only divine reveals an invisibly
inspired teacher of truth. On the Contrary,
Mohammed said that he was sent in the power of
his arms - which are signs not lacking even to
robbers and tyrants. What is more, no wise men,
men trained in things divine and human, believed
in him from the beginning (1). Those who
believed in him were brutal men and desert
wanderers, utterly ignorant of all divine teaching,
through whose numbers Mohammed forced
others to become his follower's by the violence
of his arms. Nor do divine pronouncements on
part of preceding prophets offer him any witness.
On the contrary, he perverts almost all the
testimony of the Old and the New Testaments by
making them into a fabrication of his own, as can
be seen by anyone who examines his law. It was,
therefore, a shrewd decision on his part to forbid
his followers to read the Old and New
Testaments, lest these books convict him of
falsity. It is thus clear that those who place faith
in his words believe foolishly."

1 Like

Re: It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis by Drinkwater06: 8:13am On Aug 03, 2016
Papist:

I am yet to see any modern man wiser than St Thomas. Let alone Francis. Here is what St Thomas wrote about Mohammed and Islam and it is still true today if you look at the various Islamic groups and Islamic society in general. If you have any disagreements with him please point them out.

You are ignoring the below bolder words Mr man..
ValentineMary:

Re: It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis by ValentineMary(m): 8:45am On Aug 03, 2016
Papist:

If u read what I wrote earlier, u would notice that am atheist and I don't care what Thomas or Mohammed say or think. I asked a simple qus. Are u trying to deny the existence of xtians extremist.

Perhaps Aquinas should also tell us why he did not speqk against the crusade in his era.
Re: It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis by eazyjay4(m): 9:51am On Aug 03, 2016
Papist:

I sympathise with you cause for the pope and well meaning Catholics the holy spirit is still at work enlightening us. pray for his enlightenment too sir/ma
Re: It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2016
ValentineMary:

If u read what I wrote earlier, u would notice that am atheist and I don't care what Thomas or Mohammed say or think. I asked a simple qus. Are u trying to deny the existence of xtians extremist.

Perhaps Aquinas should also tell us why he did not speqk against the crusade in his era.
So if you dont care what St Thomas Aquinas says about Islam because you are an atheist, why then are you here applauding Pope Francis for saying "islam is a religion of peace." Is that not hypocrisy? Anyway it seems you don't actually know that the crusades were called as a response to Islamic terror. The same kind of terror that Christians and other minorities are facing today in Syria. If you didnt know, the whole middle east except Arabia used to be Christian before Muhammad's armied arrived from the desert.
Re: It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
Drinkwater06:

You are ignoring the below bolder words Mr man..
From the bolded I failed to see evidence showing how Catholics used to be worse than Muslims. Care to enlighten me?
Re: It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2016
eazyjay4:
I sympathise with you cause for the pope and well meaning Catholics the holy spirit is still at work enlightening us. pray for his enlightenment too sir/ma
It's sir. Yah thanks for the advice. The Pope needs our prayers so that he understands that his mission is to spread the gospel and be the defender of Christianity not Islam.
Re: It's Not Right To Identify Islam With Terrorism, Pope Francis by ValentineMary(m): 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
Papist:

So if you dont care what St Thomas Aquinas says about Islam because you are an atheist, why then are you here applauding Pope Francis for saying "islam is a religion of peace." Is that not hypocrisy? Anyway it seems you don't actually know that the crusades were called as a response to Islamic terror. The same kind of terror that Christians and other minorities are facing today in Syria. If you didnt know, the whole middle east except Arabia used to be Christian before Muhammad's armied arrived from the desert.

Aquinas was obviously being biased because what he accused them of is also practiced in islam. And BTW u should study the crusade more before u make false claims.

(1) (Reply)

Omg:see The Unrighteous Outfits Some Girls Wear To Church... Photos / Religion....the Opium Of The Masses / The True Definition Of Righteousness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.