Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince (10553 Views)

A Brand New Body At The Blast Of A Trumpet - Joseph Prince / Holineness And Righteousness Revival Messages And Bible Verses / 12 Signs Of Self-righteousness And Pharisee-ism Among Christians Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:52am On Feb 15, 2016
Romans 4:5
But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

What do you think righteousness is about? Something you
do or something you are? Right doing or right being ?
The Bible tells us that after Jesus’ sacrifice at the cross, God imputes righteousness not to those who strive to obey the law (Galatians 2:16), but to anyone who believes in His Son. Because Christ took our sins and gave us His righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21), the moment we believe in Him, God treats us as righteous apart from our works or obedience. (Romans 4:5–cool This is new covenant righteousness—a righteousness that comes by faith and not works.

You are not righteous because of how morally upright you are. You are not righteous because you exercise self-control. You are not righteous because you read 10 chapters of the Bible daily. You are not righteous because you feel righteous. But you are the very righteousness of God in Christ solely because the sacrifice of Jesus made you so. When you believe this, your faith is accounted for righteousness.

And this is what God wants you to use your faith for. If you are righteous by your deeds, you don’t need faith. You also don’t need faith to know that you are sinful. But you need faith to believe and declare that you are the righteousness of God in Christ, in the midst of your struggles with temptation and sin.

For example, when you feel lousy because you have just shouted at your wife, God wants you to exercise your faith to see yourself as still righteous in the midst of that failure. This living revelation that you are still righteous will give you the strength to love your wife and reconcile things with her.

The devil may remind you of your foul temper and question your integrity: “How dare you call yourself righteous when you just did that!” Just ignore his lies and boldly declare, “I am not righteous because of what I have done or not done. I am righteous only because of the blood and finished work of Jesus at the cross!

Thought For The Day

You are the very righteousness of God in Christ solely because the sacrifice of Jesus made you so.

www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/righteousness-is-not-right-doing-but-right-being/

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:01pm On Feb 15, 2016
evening
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 12:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
afternoon
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:49am On Feb 18, 2016
morning
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by philip0906(m): 7:18am On Nov 13, 2016
Grammar every where...The thing fit confuse person sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by eleojo23: 7:19am On Nov 13, 2016
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by baski92(m): 7:20am On Nov 13, 2016
Oga Ade tank you
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by legibow: 7:20am On Nov 13, 2016
You are explaining things to us , you are opening dictionary.. Your massage was not deliveredYou are explaining things to us , you are opening dictionary.. Your massage was not deliveredYou are explaining things to us , you are opening dictionary.. Your massage was not delivered
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by MuttleyLaff: 7:22am On Nov 13, 2016
jiggaz:
[size=5pt]Romans 4:5
But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

What do you think righteousness is about? Something you
do or something you are? Right doing or right being ?
The Bible tells us that after Jesus’ sacrifice at the cross, God imputes righteousness not to those who strive to obey the law (Galatians 2:16), but to anyone who believes in His Son. Because Christ took our sins and gave us His righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21), the moment we believe in Him, God treats us as righteous apart from our works or obedience.
Romans 4:5–8 This is new covenant righteousness—a righteousness that comes by faith and not works.

You are not righteous because of how morally upright you are. You are not righteous because you exercise self-control. You are not righteous because you read 10 chapters of the Bible daily. You are not righteous because you feel righteous. But you are the very righteousness of God in Christ solely because the sacrifice of Jesus made you so. When you believe this, your faith is accounted for righteousness.

And this is what God wants you to use your faith for. If you are righteous by your deeds, you don’t need faith. You also don’t need faith to know that you are sinful. But you need faith to believe and declare that you are the righteousness of God in Christ, in the midst of your struggles with temptation and sin.

For example, when you feel lousy because you have just shouted at your wife, God wants you to exercise your faith to see yourself as still righteous in the midst of that failure. This living revelation that you are still righteous will give you the strength to love your wife and reconcile things with her.

The devil may remind you of your foul temper and question your integrity: “How dare you call yourself righteous when you just did that!” Just ignore his lies and boldly declare, “I am not righteous because of what I have done or not done. I am righteous only because of the blood and finished work of Jesus at the cross!

Thought For The Day

You are the very righteousness of God in Christ solely because the sacrifice of Jesus made you so.

w w w. josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/righteousness-is-not-right-doing-but-right-being/[/size]
Usually because of Joseph Prince's WoF predispositions, whenever I decide to partake in any of his message bowls, I cautiously and carefully eat the grains and without hesistation quickly spit OUT straws caught in between, however on this ocassion I subscribe wholeheartedly to this brilliant message article of his and fully endorse it.
Found no straw in the grains, Joseph Prince on this one, completely nailed it.

Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness
- Genesis 15:6

For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."
- Romans 4:3

So also, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness
- Galatians 3:6

And the Scripture was fulfilled that says,
"Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called a friend of God.

- James 2:23

As is noted in Genesis 15:6 etcetera, righteousness apparently is joined at the hip with ''believing the LORD'' or ''believing the word, report, etcetera of the LORD'' where ''believing the LORD'' or ''believing the word, report, etcetera of the LORD'' is synonymous with FAITH

Righteousness, can also have the same meaning as approval too,
where approval is gained from ''simultaneously doing the right thing, at the right time and still standing on God's right hand side''

I have singled him out so that he will direct his sons and their families to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just.
Then I will do for Abraham all that I have promised."
- Genesis 18:19 NLT

The righteousness credited to Abraham in Genesis 15:6 etcetera, the righteousness enjoyed by Abraham is not the ultimate righteousness. It is not the supreme approval but the righteousness of God in Christ is

The righteousness of God in Christ is like a Seal of Approval stamped on all that believe in God.
It is a divine indication that all that believe in God, all that believe in every word of God are looked at as accepted and/or looked at favourably

The righteousness of God in Christ, is a ready to wear, off the shelf, off the peg, off the rack, ready-made ''God approval via Christ'' superimposed on every believer, so that God, ONLY & ALWAYS, sees the perfection of Christ in every believer, instead of seeing the believers' imperfections, shortcomings, weaknesses, limitations, failings etcetera

Every one that believes, has the ''Righteousness of God in Christ'', no limits, FREE credit, lodged in their account
''Righteousness of God in Christ'' is not earned, is not worked for but it is something given

6 Likes

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by masterP042(m): 7:24am On Nov 13, 2016
Our righteousness is like a filthy rag before God
It's God's grace that can make us righteous
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Dcaliphate(m): 7:25am On Nov 13, 2016
Now the question is, can there be right being without right doing? I cant claim I'm being right while I'm doing wrong can I? How then can one seperate right being from right doing??

4 Likes

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 13, 2016
We shouldn't abuse this privilege by continuing to live in sin.

2 Likes

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by eph12(m): 7:28am On Nov 13, 2016
So is it possible to be right and not do right?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by adegeye38(m): 7:28am On Nov 13, 2016
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by symbianDON(m): 7:29am On Nov 13, 2016
nice and aptly presented
Movingcoil:
We shouldn't abuse this privilege by continuing to live in sin.
that's true sir

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by KillJoy62(m): 7:29am On Nov 13, 2016
I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS...... GRACE REVOLUTION. LOVE PASTOR JOSEPH PRINCE. TRUE MAN OF GOD.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 13, 2016
grin
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Exponental(m): 7:30am On Nov 13, 2016
Everyone has a right to his own opinion.
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Scatterscatter(m): 7:30am On Nov 13, 2016
Beautiful piece... This is a message the devil is trying so hard to prevent from circulating because he knows it will only make Christians stronger In Christ as we will become solely dependent on Him and the works He has done for us. Beautiful!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by sassiemyk: 7:31am On Nov 13, 2016
Use grammar to vague all they say and then tell us we need some deeper understanding to crack the knowledge. I wonder how crazier one can get. Jesus taught in the simplest of structures, yet diz self acclaimed holier than saints come here to give me puzzles to solve. Keep it up...
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Scatterscatter(m): 7:35am On Nov 13, 2016
eph12:
So is it possible to be right and not do right?

The piece didn't ask you not to do right, it's just an eye opener that your right doings aren't what makes you righteous. Believing Jesus Christ is what makes us righteous

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by hisjosan(m): 7:37am On Nov 13, 2016
I'd say it's both of em
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Scatterscatter(m): 7:38am On Nov 13, 2016
sassiemyk:
Use grammar to vague all they say and then tell us we need some deeper understanding to crack the knowledge. I wonder how crazier one can get. Jesus taught in the simplest of structures, yet diz self acclaimed holier than saints come here to give me puzzles to solve. Keep it up...

If you think OP's "Grammer" is beyond your level of comprehension, Kindly take your time to read the Bible yourself and you will understand Jesus's words.

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by mrvitalis(m): 7:38am On Nov 13, 2016
Sorry my religious brothers (Christians)
I need answers to this question

Is there any difference statistically between religious people and non religious people all things being equal??

Riches, long life, less crime and less corruption

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by embodiment: 7:39am On Nov 13, 2016
I understand righteousness to mean right standing with God. In other words it means having a good stance with God. God's righteousness is imputed and imparted as a gift to man but cannot be earned. The righteousness of God is the right which God has upon man. In order for man to recognize and fully submit to the right of God upon his life, he must receive God who offers himself or his righteousness to man as a gift. You can claim to do all the right's but may not have a good stance in God. Being a moralist doesn't make you righteous. It only makes you an individual with good ethics. Like I stated ab initio righteousness is not earned but a gift

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Mopolchi: 7:39am On Nov 13, 2016
Show me good works as and your faith will be seen.
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by buchilino(m): 7:41am On Nov 13, 2016
PERSONAL, I DON'T C D DIFFERENCE. BOTH R D SAME. SOME HAVE GOOD INTENTIONS BUT NEVA IMPLEMENT THEM. WHILE OTHERS IMPLEMENT THEM BUT INSIDE DER HEARTS THEY R DOING IT 4 PUBLIC SHOW.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Share Dangerous Islamic Poem They Were Made To Recite In Primary School, / Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? / Chilling Confessions Of A Zambian Satanist!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.