Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,169 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. (429 Views)

JY / Please Urgent Advice Needed On This Job / Am Confuse Pls Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. by mrsharpguy: 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2016
Good day to you all.
I work as a marketer in a company, though, i dont really like the job, cos i believe i am not suppose to there. I am a biochemist and i want to work as one. But the situation of the country has forced me to the marketing job. I was privilege to go to the US, for a short course that is related to my field. After all the visa processes, i was scheduled to have the visa interview on the 22nd of august, 2016. And i am expected to leave for the program by 28 of august. My problem now is this, should i leave my job at the end of july, knowing that i wont be paid for the august, since i wont work till the end of the month? Or should i just cont with the job, knowing that attending a visa interview is not a guarantee that one will secure it.
Please, am confused on what to do now.
Really need your constructive advice.
Re: A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. by falcon01: 3:03pm On Aug 01, 2016
my man with this current situation in as much as you are well paid you should continue the job like you said the visa interview is not a guarantee to have one.
Re: A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 01, 2016
grin play safe..

At least u have a job atm... If ur visa will be approved, then go ahead..

Good luck and hopefully u will pass the interview grin
Re: A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. by promqueen247(f): 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2016
A bird at hand is worth two in the forest.

Stay put in the job. In present day Nigeria terrain, Dreams gets tailored in the present to suite the future.
Re: A Nairalander Is Confuse! Needs Urgent Advice. by jashar(f): 4:13pm On Aug 01, 2016
Don't quit your dreams cuz of present circumstances. Act smart and don't be hasty in your resignation. Attend your visa interview, if it clicks, fine, if not fine. Regarding the programme abroad, as long as you have your admission letter and paid the commitment fees, there's no rule that says you must attend the 1st lecture.

You can go on the 1st of September after you get paid.

My humble opinion.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

August Edition Of Sage 50, Quickbooks & Tally.erp 9 Accounting Package Training / The One Reason We Can All Stop Worrying About Perfection / Practical Aspen Hysys Training Center In Lagos(08037916993)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.