Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,094 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria (25526 Views)

12 Graduates With Min Of Second Class Lower & Has 1-2 Years Of Experience / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates / Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by Francis95(m): 7:03am On Aug 02, 2016
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by EduRegard: 7:04am On Aug 02, 2016
hmmmmmm
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by BrosMayowa(m): 7:04am On Aug 02, 2016
e
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by gretblue: 7:05am On Aug 02, 2016
KillerBeauty:

Wetin I do shocked
You've got no Chill atall.Instead of you to give hope to the guy, you just dash the hope.

Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by KillerBeauty(f): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2016
gretblue:

You've got no Chill atall.Instead of you to give hope to the guy, you just dash the hope.

grin
Me sef dey find who go give me hope

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by gretblue: 7:08am On Aug 02, 2016
KillerBeauty:

grin
Then never give up.
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by Porthos: 7:08am On Aug 02, 2016
making sense
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by AmuDimpka: 7:10am On Aug 02, 2016
Nduway:
Graduated from the department of chemical engineering three years ago with a second class lower and up till now it's been difficult securing does juicy appointment all because a system in place has discriminated and down played the relevance of result lower than 2.1. My people how can we put an end to this menace in Nigeria. Your honest opinion!

Had second class lower but I am a manager .it's God but what they want to see isn't your certificate but your experience.

Before the experience,your written English is terrible ,what happened to GS101 how did you pass it?
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:14am On Aug 02, 2016
drebaba1:
Nigerians and certificate-centric mentality, it's only when we value what one can do(reality, practical) not value based credential system.. Anyways make God help us. Education is overated..be innovative and enterprennured.
It annoys me when people come her to complian about not getiing a job with their certificates. In some part of Nigeria people work with even school attempt and I'm sure this person is not from that's why he's searching for a job. The thing is, u didn't go to school just for the certificate, u went to school to acquire knowledge and to be ableto recognise opportunities around u. And to be different from someone who didn't go to school at all even when the both of u are doing the the same. If a graduate is a farmer, I'm sure his farming will be diff, if he sells groundnuts, I'm sure his will be diff from that of someone who never went to school. If a graduate can waste 3 whole yeas looking for a job then I think he/she does not deserve that certificate. U can look for a job while doing something meaningful and might just find out at the end that u don't even need the job.

4 Likes

Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by hardeeboi: 7:15am On Aug 02, 2016
My brother
The battle is not to the strong neither the race to the swift.
Grace devalues grades. Go for light in the Word of God
It's well with you

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by gretblue: 7:15am On Aug 02, 2016
KillerBeauty:

grin
Ok
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by mikhaillibran: 7:17am On Aug 02, 2016
all i can say is,naija is a man-knows-man thing cos i knw of a 3rd class who is working presently onto his fathers connect..ma guy,na jst to keep trying..God bless
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by circuit101: 7:17am On Aug 02, 2016
AmuDimpka:

Had second class lower but I am a manager .it's God but what they want to see isn't your certificate but your experience.

Before the experience,your written English is terrible ,what happened to GS101 how did you pass it?
pot calling kettle black.na wetin dem ask u be dat?......

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by jayney404: 7:17am On Aug 02, 2016
There's no tunnel in Nigeria my dear. Na to just hustle and pray. Then if you know someone who can help, then its a bonus
Nduway:
My brother u talk true o. Guy make man hustle hard, there is light at the end of the tunnel
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by AmuDimpka: 7:24am On Aug 02, 2016
circuit101:
pot calling kettle black.na wetin dem ask u be dat?......

Your English is boring
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by AmuDimpka: 7:25am On Aug 02, 2016
Why do Nigerian youths so much believe in connection

I have had many jobs and none came from Connection. Show experience in jobs you will get juicy jobs

Called delayed gratification
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by Originalsly: 7:31am On Aug 02, 2016
Nduway:
Graduated from the department of chemical engineering three years ago with a second class lower and up till now it's been difficult securing does juicy appointment all because a system in place has discriminated and down played the relevance of result lower than 2.1. My people how can we put an end to this menace in Nigeria. Your honest opinion!
If low grade graduates are given the juicy appointments. ... what appointments should average grade graduates get?... and those with the highest grades? Let's change this menace.....what's your suggestion?
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 02, 2016
I am 3rd class holder but today I work in a reputable orgnaisation with job security. Gani fawehinmi, maybe Soyinka (arguable tho), Tony Elumelu, are 3rd class grads but u know the story. Just keep on improving in yourself and never let your degree discourage. And last of all give all Glory to God.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by 99foxxy(f): 7:35am On Aug 02, 2016
The more reason I'm studying hard to come out with better grades. I feel your pain, but the truth still remains that even those who came out with First class or second class higher sef are suffering to secure a job. Nigeria is all about who know man. May God help you while you're searching and remember to study more.
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by Generalyemi(m): 7:35am On Aug 02, 2016
find a way n make money...ur certificate is a paper..it sometimes doesn't matter.
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 02, 2016
Nduway:

Why not consider a postgraduate in your field?
If you're saying this, what of HND graduates?

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by onatisi(m): 7:44am On Aug 02, 2016
If second class upper and lower are finding it difficult securing jobs then what is the hope of hnd holders Naija Na wa ooo
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 02, 2016
Which one is the PLIGHT again? Abeg many people have worse than that and are doing fine... For 3yrs u haven't learnt anything new that can feed u or better still upgrade with a master? Haba
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by cleanclean(m): 7:55am On Aug 02, 2016
My brother, i acknowledge everyone's opinion, they are great but moreso the scripture said in Psalm 27 vs 14 "wait on the lord; be of good courage and he shall strengthen thy heart, wait I say, on the lord".
Its not all about your certificate but the system and we pray it gets better.
You think if God have given you First Class you will be better, I don't think so my brother because I made as high as 4.74/5 yet the labour market is not favouring me yet that I have picked master's form.
But my brother this day I prophecy into your situation that you will get Gods favour soon according to his words in Mathew 6 vs 32, that he(your heavenly father) knows that we need all these things(eg job etc) and he promise also in Philippines 4 vs 19; that my God (your God) shall supply all my needs(your needs) according to his riches by Christ Jesus.
Just activate your faith and believe that God's time is the best.
Regards

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by gabrielniy(m): 8:02am On Aug 02, 2016
theophorus:

Remember follow Excellence and Success will chase you... Selah!
Gbam. One quote I can never forget from '3 idiots' movie.
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by orjikuramo(m): 8:03am On Aug 02, 2016
do a professional course to support your result n always be prayerful cos there isnt enough jobs for those with better[s][/s] higher result as well. better still, think outside the box but within yourself and start something (trading), u just never know
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by femi4: 8:03am On Aug 02, 2016
KillerBeauty:
Its not about grade. Just develop itself in any way possible.
The sky will be your limit.
Me wen get 2.1 where d job
My friend don finish him master ....e no get job too
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by Gkemz: 8:10am On Aug 02, 2016
My brother don't depend on white collar job. You must not work for someone to make it. With the recent economic recession and downturns, the solution is self employment and entrepreneurship. Acquire exceptional skills and learn trade to be self reliant. Develop yourself intellectually. Starting could be difficult but you can start from nothing to something. Even those with First class hardly secure jobs nowadays.
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 02, 2016
theophorus:
... a multifaceted problem.
We have Certificate dichotomy issues...
We have connection problem...
We have policy direction and implementation problem as a Nation.
We have "Personal" problem...
We have value and purpose definition problem...
...Sincerely just defined your life goals and purpose and pursue it...
Remember follow Excellence and Success will chase you... Selah!
Excellent you must be a big time manager at some grand corp. you have properly analysed and dissected the issue at hand.
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by Chiachifranklin: 8:31am On Aug 02, 2016
Don't bother Brother,someone i know got a job with federal teaching hospital with University PASS Na by who u know
Re: The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria by Welcomme: 8:39am On Aug 02, 2016
What u should b praying for is divine helper or divine connection and not those 2.2, 2.1 bullshit.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Jobs That Most Nigerian Girls Are Easily Involved In / Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi / Bolt Driver Or Bank Teller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.