Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,996 members, 7,866,743 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:01 AM

AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) (56435 Views)

Nigerian Airforce Strikes Boko Haram In Tagoshe, Borno [VIDEO] / Nigerian Air Force Increases Tempo Of Air Strikes Against Boko Haram. Photos / FG To Suspend Military Offensive Against Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by Krak(m): 1:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
Droyal:
Why are people now shouting about innocent people, that place is in the thick bush now I can't even see anything that resembles a settlement area. I believe for you to be this far inside that swamp you have to be involved with the oil bunkering. Its not even like they are firing randomly, they had their targets and had already identified them.

I even thought its somewhere around civilians

Thanks for this video

This is pure common sense. 100 likes.

But many people will just sit in their houses and criticise.

2 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
The war in the north is gradually spreading, now its in the west. When we were told to pray for Nigeria we didn't, we were like after all e dey happen for north undecided

1 Like

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by tdayof(m): 1:33pm On Aug 02, 2016
Krak:

JF-17 is an upgraded mig-21.
...and what did I type before? The comparison with mig 21 is based on how lethal it was/is.

Using the word upgraded doesn't feel appropriate as it is a whole new aircraft with less/few similarities with the Mig-21/ F-7 tho and with more advance avionics.

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
Krak:

JF-17 is an upgraded mig-21.

So says Mr. Krak from his sitting room chair. The JF-17 is not a MIG-21 or upgraded one. Arm chair analysts spewing trash from home.

Come so i can educate you properly on the JF-17.
Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
tdayof:
...and what did I type before? The comparison with mig 21 is based on how lethal it was/is.

Using the word upgraded doesn't feel appropriate as it is a whole new aircraft with less/few similarities with the Mig-21/ F-7 tho and with more advance avionics.

The JF-17 is a fantastic 4.Gen Platform. The JF-17 draws characteristics from the J-10 and ground attack capabilities from the JH-7 fighter bomber.
Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by tdayof(m): 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
Henry240:

The JF-17 is a fantastic 4.Gen Platform. The JF-17 draws characteristics from the J-10 and ground attack capabilities from the JH-7 fighter bomber.
Exactly. I do not know why he keep insisting on upgrade.
Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by moyakz(m): 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2016
Simeonnwabekz:

Mschew. F.uck off
shey e don pain u ni?
Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by Kirigidi(m): 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
tempest02:
In as much as there are criminal elements there, there are definitely Nigerians there whose quest to source for daily bread placed them in that location.

The jets should have taken out the observation post and the AA guns, and ground forces and naval units would have done a more precise job.

I'm not expecting this type of success against the NDA...except the drones use thermal cameras for surveillance. They bomb at night, and I'm sure they camouflage into the environment.

They should stop tagging them ijaw militants...i won't be surprised is all ethnicity are represented there. Theres lots of hardship.
NDA is a propaganda movt creatd by few individuals armed with dynamites nd laptops/android phones for broadcastin dia attacks. NDA do not hav any standin numba of fighters to confront d Military. Blowin up oil pipelines is not hard because d pipelines ar evry exposd. Infact, it can b done by a sngle indivdual. Don't b surprsd, NDA may just b a 5-man gang!

3 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by alaskido(m): 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2016
They forgot to mention that the NAF should also fight against Fulani Herdsmen all over Nigeria grin grin grin. Buhari kinsmen.
Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by alaskido(m): 3:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
I begin to ask myself, what is the work of our Policemen and Mobile policemen? They cannot face ordinary criminals involved in crude oil theft and pipeline destruction. The NSCDC was given arms to curb the menace of pipeline vandalism, still nothing to show for it. Na for law abiding civilian body them dey get power.

When you go to ADEKUNLE bus stop, you will see our Nigerian Police concentrating on the traffic light waiting for cars that will beat the light so they can arrest and collect money. A stolen car will pass by them with them noticing because they are all focused on the traffic light. Shame on the NIGERIAN POLICE.

2 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by tdayof(m): 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2016
alaskido:
I begin to ask myself, what is the work of our Policemen and Mobile policemen? They cannot face ordinary criminals involved in crude oil theft and pipeline destruction. The NSCDC was given arms to curb the menace of pipeline vandalism, still nothing to show for it. Na for law abiding civilian body them dey get power.

When you go to ADEKUNLE bus stop, you will see our Nigerian Police concentrating on the traffic light waiting for cars that will beat the light so they can arrest and collect money. A stolen car will pass by them with them noticing because they are all focused on the traffic light. Shame on the NIGERIAN POLICE.
Go to arepo and check if the police are not present. Go to the NE and check if CT dept are not there. stop typing when you really have no knowledge about something.

NPF
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/residents-oil-militants-attack-lagos-suburb-battle-police/2016/07/26/34a736da-5355-11e6-b652-315ae5d4d4dd_story.html
http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/26/soldiers-police-battle-militants-lagos
http://punchng.com/breaking-soldiers-police-battle-militants-igando/

NSCDC
http://www.news24.com.ng/National/News/19-militants-held-as-nscdc-watches-over-fatola-arepo-creeks-20160801
https://www.naij.com/911990-tension-nscdc-makes-massive-arrests-militants-escape-ogun-regroup-ondo.html
http://punchng.com/19-militants-held-naf-jets-destroy-four-camps-swest/
Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by alaskido(m): 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
tdayof:
Go to arepo and check if the police are not present. Go to the NE and check if CT dept are not there. stop typing when you really have no knowledge about something.

NPF
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/residents-oil-militants-attack-lagos-suburb-battle-police/2016/07/26/34a736da-5355-11e6-b652-315ae5d4d4dd_story.html
http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/26/soldiers-police-battle-militants-lagos
http://punchng.com/breaking-soldiers-police-battle-militants-igando/

NSCDC
http://www.news24.com.ng/National/News/19-militants-held-as-nscdc-watches-over-fatola-arepo-creeks-20160801
https://www.naij.com/911990-tension-nscdc-makes-massive-arrests-militants-escape-ogun-regroup-ondo.html
http://punchng.com/19-militants-held-naf-jets-destroy-four-camps-swest/

Bros, take am easy now. Why your blood just dey hot. I know the police are with the Army on this Arepo saga. The Army shouldn't be brought into this yet. The police and NSCDC can handle this. The Army can only come in when it becomes a terrorist attack like Boko Haram. These are just bunch of criminal hustling to make ends meet.
Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by Krak(m): 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2016
Henry240:

So says Mr. Krak from his sitting room chair. The JF-17 is not a MIG-21 or upgraded one. Arm chair analysts spewing trash from home.

Come so i can educate you properly on the JF-17.

The Sino-Pakistani plane is an upgrade of the Mig 21 jet. It does not matter if it has another name or is 100 times more advanced.

You have a foul and uncouth manner. You rush too fast to conclusion and to insult.

Even if I am totally wrong it does not warrant your childish rants and insults.
Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by Krak(m): 6:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
tdayof:

I totally understand you, I am not even arguing with you or conflicting with your point. I was just buttressing your point.

Apologies to you, I was actually referring to the F-7 and not the JF-17.
Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by eaglekus: 8:24pm On Aug 02, 2016
Mehn..... See as kegs full everywhere. If this is Arepo, I wonder what is obtainable in the Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by Jakumo(m): 9:54pm On Aug 02, 2016
alaskido:

"Ordinary criminals" do NOT carry military-grade assault weapons including RPG7 Rocket Propelled Grenade launchers and belt-fed General Purpose Machine Guns, to augment their standard issue AK47, G3, and FNC automatic rifles. The police forces ONLY carry the Ak47, so they would be outgunned facing oil pipeline banditos. No field commander will send his men on a suicide mission, so the RIGHT tool for the job was selected, namely the military.

That is the reason why regular police forces cannot be expected to confront pipeline bandits in the creeks of Nigeria's Atlantic seaboard. The swampy location of the pipeline banditos' camps also meant that the deployment of regular ground troops was discounted in favor of aerial bombardment by helicopter gunships, which duly acquitted themselves by performing a fine job of neutralizing many hard-core, heavily armed fighters, with no reports THUS FAR, of accidental civilian casualties.

Top marks for the drone pilots that gathered the GPS coordinates requiring treatment, and of course to the MI 24 helicopter gunship pilots who administered the prescriptions of fiery death from above with such surgical precision, vigor and panache.
Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:28pm On Aug 02, 2016
millionaireman:
Booooo!!

Can anyone imagine Ghanian, French, British, Togolese Airforce throwing bombs and firing bullets from air into their citizens?
Boooooo!!!! Failed Kwontry, Boooooo!!!!

The citizens of those countries mentioned re not as daft as nigerians. Nigeria is the only country in the world were her citizens blow up pipelines.

2 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by nosiebaba(m): 9:47am On Aug 03, 2016
tempest02:

You have shown how juvenile and inept you are. you've ended up insulting your father (not mine) and all , without even making an objective point.

My post has 16 likes. Those are people who are learned and can read in between the lines. If any one counters me with a better argument, i'll change my views.

From your profile pic, i would guess your age as mid twenties - from your posts, i would say you are still a kid inside. Grow up.

Don't even bother to quote me again. I won't dignify you again with a response.
Idiot you can go to hell with your stupid likes even if it's a million likes. People like you only know what could have been done better, what strategy should have been taken. So you are wiser than everybody in the military? Because you want likes you always want to point out this is what they should have done better, they should have used drones, they should have taken out the outpost. Don't you know there is a pipeline lying underneath specific areas which have carefully been cordoned off the bombing plan. You think people risking their lives to make us sleep better at night and save us from this very highly organized crime are fools and they didn't plan well? You think innocent people looking for daily bread are looking for it in the forest with heavily armed guards and anti aircraft guns then your sanity should be questioned.
Why can't you for once in your life appreciate the sacrifices people are making, you are always quick to point out faults and errors. People like you won't even appreciate people around you even if they die for you. Go and join the ground forces and be their commander.
You and your 16 kickers or 160 likers are just children that watch too many movies. You think combat is a movie? I pity you

1 Like

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by alaskido(m): 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2016
Jakumo:

"Ordinary criminals" do NOT carry military-grade assault weapons including RPG7 Rocket Propelled Grenade launchers and belt-fed General Purpose Machine Guns, to augment their standard issue AK47, G3, and FNC automatic rifles. The police forces ONLY carry the Ak47, so they would be outgunned facing oil pipeline banditos. No field commander will send his men on a suicide mission, so the RIGHT tool for the job was selected, namely the military.

That is the reason why regular police forces cannot be expected to confront pipeline bandits in the creeks of Nigeria's Atlantic seaboard. The swampy location of the pipeline banditos' camps also meant that the deployment of regular ground troops was discounted in favor of aerial bombardment by helicopter gunships, which duly acquitted themselves by performing a fine job of neutralizing many hard-core, heavily armed fighters, with no reports THUS FAR, of accidental civilian casualties.

Top marks for the drone pilots that gathered the GPS coordinates requiring treatment, and of course to the MI 24 helicopter gunship pilots who administered the prescriptions of fiery death from above with such surgical precision, vigor and panache.

Thanks man for this detailed explanation. It looks like you are well informed on military tactics and warfare. Kudos to our military.
Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by Konquest: 11:29am On Jul 31, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) again today struck at criminal hideouts and camps harbouring pipeline vandals at AREPO and environs. The latest air strike is in continuation of the aerial bombardment commenced by the NAF on Thursday 28 July 2016 to rid the affected areas of pipeline vandals and other criminal elements.

The ongoing air operations is aimed at providing air support for the Joint Task Force recently set-up by the Defence Headquarters to dislodge pipeline vandals in the South West region of the Country in an operation codenamed OPERATION AWATSE.

There are strong indications based on analysis of the enclosed footage on Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), as well as Strike and, Battle Damage Assessment (BDA) missions undertaken by NAF aircraft that the vandals have been sufficiently displaced from their current locations at AREPO while their criminal activities have also been heavily disrupted.

The NAF however is intensifying its ongoing air operations day and night to neutralise the remnants of the vandals who might have relocated deep inside the Mangrove Forest.

Recall that the NAF is at present operating in 4 zones across the country to tackle various forms of internal security challenges. They include insurgency in the North East; cattle rustling, kidnapping and armed robbery in the North West; militancy in the South-South; and pipeline vandalism in the South West.

Source: http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/08/nigerian-air-force-strikes-criminal.html

[
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7KwenfkKw0][/url]

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
"How Air Force ‘Wasted’ Ijaw Militants In Arepo"

"OPERATION AWATSE: NIGERIAN AIRFORCE STRIKES IJAW CRIMINALS"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7KwenfkKw0

God bless PMB/FG for approving the airstrikes in 2016 in Lagos, Ogun, Ondo... and
NOW Zamfara State. MORE STATES SHOULD BE INCLUDED to drive these criminals out
of Nigeria!

The massive Operation Awatse treatment by the Nigerian Airforce in 2016 against the Ijaw criminal
elements in Lagos, Ogun and Ondo States is the same treatment the crazy Zamfara and Birnin-Gwari
criminals who are mainly foreigners will get from the gallant Nigerian Airforce using Intelligence, Surveillance
and Reconnaissance [ISR] platforms.
grin

Source:https://www.thecable.ng/video-how-air-force-wasted-arepo-militants

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Collection Rate Of PVCs: State By State Breakdown (Photos) / "Aisha Buhari Wearing N8m Chopard Diamond Wristwatch" - TheSignal Says / Bashir Ahmad: The G5 Governors Gave Us A Fantastic Offer, We Will Work Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.