Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) (2714 Views)

The Most Difficult Age For Any Man / Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom / She Stayed With Her Husband Through Difficult Times,Now This Has Happened To Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Iceking1(m): 7:42pm On Aug 01, 2016
Please help a nairalander, i lost my father 7 years ago, (january 2008) am the first son of my father.
I was in jss3 then but i managed to struggle with secondary school and i made all my papers, we have been using my father's death benefit to survive ever since then N5.5m and am glad it brought us this far.
But now the money is finished totally not even 1kobo remaining, and worst of it all the economy is bad, ever since the money got exhausted last year we have been using all the money i have saved to feed and pay rent, my main plan is to use the money to go to school because my mother refused to use part of the money to send me to school for fear of it been exhausted than expected. But seems there is no hope anymore because i can't continue like this because i can't remember what i did with the money i worked all these years except for feeding and paying our rent, so i have finally made up my mind to learn an handwork with the little money remaining at hand now N19k before it gets exhausted, another thing still bodering me on my mind is if i decided to learn an handwork what will become the faith of my younger ones and my mother because am the only one working presently now, that is why i decided to run here to seek help fron my fellow nairalanders if to go on with learning an handwork as planned or continue working. But if in case the table turns around and i decided to learn an handwork what type of handwork requires little or no capital to start after finished learning and finally becomes free i have three on my mind but i don't know which to choose from, please nairalanders i beg of you which of the three below is the most profitable handwork to learn without capital or little capital to start with after finished learning. Please help me please.
1) Phone repairing
2)Electronics repairing
3)Volcanizer
Cc, lalasticlala, mynd44, dominique please help me push this to the fp to get more reviews.
Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Sveen: 7:46pm On Aug 01, 2016
Vulcanizer would be more ideal. You inherited 5.5million naira from your father's death and you didn't deem it fit to invest the money on something but you chose to lavish it all on whatever it is.

That is a precise thinking of a vulcanizer!

7 Likes

Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by yomi007k(m): 7:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
Sveen:
Vulcanizer would be more ideal. You inherited 5.5million naira from your father's death and you didn't deem it fit to invest the money on something but you chose to lavish it all on whatever it is.

Truth...

1 Like

Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by hungryboy(m): 7:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
But Bros, your mumcy sef no try oh,
Why she no use some part of that money start business the time you been still dey Jss3 nah?,
Una just siddon for house chop 5.5milli till e come remain 19k,
My guy una no try oh.
Na dis kind thing dey make us flog pesin ,
For our village.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Nezzel(f): 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2016
5.5m.. No investment, no business, no nothing and you didn't go to school.. This is unbelivable..
Op pls does your work or atleast running a business?

About your question.. You should learn how to think big.. Stop limiting yourself.
Vulcanizer ko, plumber ni..
You should be thinking of how to enroll yourself into the university, even if it's a part-time program..
Infact you need to have a heart to heart 'meeting' with your mum abeg.. How can you guys squander 5.5m just like that..

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Ademat7(m): 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2016
Joseph deeds in Egypt comes to mind ( biblical) to everything there is time...
*my advice*
sit ur siblings down and talk sense into their head; et all of u admit fault and decide way forward together,let them c d bigger picture and all of u work together to achieve it
last bullet: let every member find something doing.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Iceking1(m): 8:35pm On Aug 01, 2016
Sveen:

Thank you very much sir, my mind was mainly on the electronics, but am now having a second thought on going with the volcanizer. Thanks am very greatful
At the above bolded, my mother has a small canter provision store, when the money came she built a carava, though there was not much load on it. When government was destroying illegal structures the carava was destroyed so she resorted back to her canter and sold the carava which she spent over 200k on, she sold it for N10,000 last two years.
Now she is back on canter, but the canter is nearly empty, there is nothing in it anymore.
Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Iceking1(m): 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2016
hungryboy:
But Bros, your mumcy sef no try oh,
Why she no use some part of that money start business the time you been still dey Jss3 nah?,
Una just siddon for house chop 5.5milli till e come remain 19k,
My guy una no try oh.
Na dis kind thing dey make us flog pesin ,
For our village.

The 19k wen remain self na my own money wen i dey save before.
Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Iceking1(m): 8:42pm On Aug 01, 2016
Nezzel:
5.5m.. No investment, no business, no nothing and you didn't go to school.. This is unbelivable..
Op pls does your work or atleast running a business?

About your question.. You should learn how to think big.. Stop limiting yourself.
Vulcanizer ko, plumber ni..
You should be thinking of how to enroll yourself into the university, even if it's a part-time program..

Infact you need to have a heart to heart 'meeting' with your mum abeg.. How can you guys squander 5.5m just like that..
Hello ma, at the bolded that is impossible, because there is nothing left anymore, nothing. Except for the 19k and i have decided to use it to start a profittable handword for my own good, and for my future. How they will survive once i starts my handwork is their own headache, even i my self i don't know how am going to survive after using the 19k to start an handwork, we are just hoping for the worst, after all some people dont have home to sleep at all, some have not eating for many days e.t.c.
Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by hungryboy(m): 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2016
Iceking1:

The 19k wen remain self na my own money wen i dey save before.
My guy,
Try learn Vulcaniser,
It's easier to understand it in a short time and it won't cost you much to learn.
Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Iceking1(m): 9:14pm On Aug 01, 2016
hungryboy:
My guy,
Try learn Vulcaniser,
It's easier to understand it in a short time and it won't cost you much to learn.
Thank you very much sir, i have already gotten two options for volcanizer, then i will definitly go for it.
Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by StPete: 10:55pm On Aug 01, 2016
I didnt want to comment initially but ur family situation got me angry. With 5.5m, u ppl could have bought a cheap piece of land and started a structure that would save u from paying rent in d future. U couldve even thought of a business. U hav successfully squandered d money and now looking for advice. Sorry dude, I got none for u

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Iceking1(m): 11:44pm On Aug 01, 2016
StPete:
I didnt want to comment initially but ur family situation got me angry. With 5.5m, u ppl could have bought a cheap piece of land and started a structure that would save u from paying rent in d future. U couldve even thought of a business. U hav successfully squandered d money and now looking for advice. Sorry dude, I got none for u
Bros i was only 16years then.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Nyceguy92: 2:16am On Aug 02, 2016
Like others said, 5 million+ is plenty of money gone just like that.
Since the deed has been done, let's focus on your choice of vocation.

Frankly, best thing would have been to further your education but it looks like that road no dey too open now.

I wonder why you have your mind on Volcanising...
How much are you gonna make from it daily?

Could you, please try something like Welding or Auto Mechanic?
These are what I consider real handiwork.
They sell more than Volcanising and gives you more money.

And as for how to set up when you finish your training, you can work in another person's shop and save for your equipment/tools.
But if you must choose between the 3 you listed, I prefer Electronics repair. It has wider scope than the rest.
Choose wisely.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by misspicy(f): 5:20am On Aug 02, 2016
Iceking1:

I don't fault you one bit bro,your mum didn't have enough financial management ideas.

what work are you doing presently?
Like you said,you have two options now,

1)continue working,try to save and try for parttime education. Never forget that education is power

2)learn a vocation,if you want to learn a vocation,please make sure it is a lucrative one,your choice of vulcanizer is nothing to write home about,(sorry to say), I have seen them get paid as little as #40 to pump a tire,why not try out lucrative vocations like fashion designing,cake making,buying and reselling of goods, etc

Ps...you can even combine both if you are hardworking enough

May God see you through
Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Iceking1(m): 7:56am On Aug 02, 2016
misspicy:

I don't fault you one bit bro,your mum didn't have enough financial management ideas.

what work are you doing presently?
Like you said,you have two options now,

1)continue working,try to save and try for parttime education. Never forget that education is power

2)learn a vocation,if you want to learn a vocation,please make sure it is a lucrative one,your choice of vulcanizer is nothing to write home about,(sorry to say), I have seen them get paid as little as #40 to pump a tire,why not try out lucrative vocations like fashion designing,cake making,buying and reselling of goods, etc

Ps...you can even combine both if you are hardworking enough

May God see you through
Thank you very much mam, your comments is so touching. May God almighty bless you richly and abundantly amen.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Acidosis(m): 8:42am On Aug 02, 2016
Iceking1:

I strongly recommend:

1. Furniture (Home + Office Furniture)
2. Masonry + Tiling + PVC/POP
3. Fashion Design
4. Painting + Interior Decor

Alternatively:

1. Apply to a Security Outfit
2. Enrol in a driving school, and be certified as a professional driver/+ P.A with a company.
3. Federal Government has good jobs for you with your SSCE; Customs, Air force, Nigerian Army, Police, Navy, etc.

Note: I know a lot of people who started with SSCE in paramilitary agencies, and today, they are proud graduates.

In fact, one earned about N50,000 monthly working with the Nigerian Prisons (SSCE).

If you are unable to get any of the above jobs:

4. Visit hotels, popular restaurants, big stores and apply for a job.

5. Visit a business centre and ask for a trainee opening/with a job. In 2-3 months, you can learn the tenets of Microsoft Office. Specifically ask for the software Mavis Beacon and in no time you'd become a great/fast typist. Build yourself till you're buoyant enough to own a centre.

Do not limit yourself, you're solely responsible for whatever you become in life. Your SSCE is enough to become a great man; but get the Degree to 'belong'.

Do not groom the idea that at 16, you cannot start small or dream big. You're above 16 now so make no attempt to transfer such crude belief to your children.

Lastly

You need to change your friends, or interact with new people/older/experienced men and women. You'd learn a lot.

8 Likes

Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Iceking1(m): 11:44am On Aug 02, 2016
Acidosis:

I strongly recommend:

1. Furniture (Home + Office Furniture)
2. Masonry + Tiling + PVC
3. Fashion Design
4. Painting + Interior Decor

Alternatively:

1. Apply to a Security Outfit
2. Enrol in a driving school, and be certified as a professional driver/+ P.A with a company.
3. Federal Government has good jobs for you with your SSCE; Customs, Air force, Nigerian Army, Police, Navy, etc.

Note: I know a lot of people who started with SSCE in paramilitary agencies, and today, they are proud graduates.

In fact, one earned about N50,000 monthly working with the Nigerian Prisons (SSCE).

If you are unable to get any of the above jobs:

4. Visit hotels, popular restaurants, big stores and apply for a job.

5. Visit a business centre and ask for a trainee opening/with a job. In 2-3 months, you can learn the tenets of Microsoft Office. Specifically ask for the software Mavis Beacon and in no time you'd become a great/fast typist. Build yourself till you're buoyant enough to own a centre.

Do not limit yourself, you're solely responsible for whatever you become in life. Your SSCE is enough to become a great man; but get the Degree to 'belong'.

Do not groom the idea that at 16, you cannot start small or dream big. You're above 16 now so make no attempt to transfer such crude belief to your children.

Lastly

You need to change your friends, or interact with new people/older/experienced men and women. You'd learn a lot.
Thank you so very much sir, am so very much more greatful, i just kept reading and reading and reading it all over and over again, infact i used my symbian operamini to copy it and saved it as a draft at my message folded. I must confess this is wow and it got me so confused, i don't just know what to do anymore after reading this, i don't know which path to follow, because its a real eye opener. Thank you very much sir. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by elisbabs499(m): 12:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
Iceking1:

Hello ma, at the bolded that is impossible, because there is nothing left anymore, nothing. Except for the 19k and i have decided to use it to start a profittable handword for my own good, and for my future. How they will survive once i starts my handwork is their own headache, even i my self i don't know how am going to survive after using the 19k to start an handwork, we are just hoping for the worst, after all some people dont have home to sleep at all, some have not eating for many days e.t.c.

I pity u, nt bcuz of d situation but because of ur mentality. Until u get ur mind renewed u cannot experience transformation (Rom 12:2) How on earth will u b seeing ur present condition as d determinant for ur future? How on earth will u conclude dat something is impossible? Dat some people dont v something 2 eat or where 2 sleep, does dat makes u with #19,000 rich?. u said ure hoping 4 d worst dont u know dat wat u expect is wat comes ur way? Pls get ur mind renewed, learn hw 2 manage finance, wit d little in ur hand (#19,000) u can break through. Move wit people of vision & ideas & learn hw 2 change ur lyf for better. Dont b in a haste 2 decide on dat #19,000. Go and open an account, keep it dia for atleast a month and sought for ideas and d law of multiplication ( i.e hw ur money will give birth 2 children) , u can trade with dat #19000, manage it urself, dont entrust it into d hand of anybody, not even ur mum. Teach ur younger ones to use dia potential and make a fortune, teach dem 2 accept responsibility. u can train urself wit Whatever proceed u make frm d business. It may nt b easy at d beginning, but d fact dat is nt easy does nt make it impossible. I cannot exhaust everything here. u can contact me on whatsapp on 08105343762. ( pls note: is nt maybe i want 2 introduce u 2 any business but just want u 2 renew ur mind)
Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by konny1(m): 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
I will not blame u that much but ur mum should be blamed cos she's not futuristic on her approach. That is what hsppen when women hide behind the success of their husbands. When their husbands are no more they find it deficult to cope, i know is not easy to carry the loads alone but it can still be managered.
Your dad is a great man no dout about dat he left 5.5m let me just stop here.

Back to the topic i will recomend u go for
Tiling: tiling doesnt stop u from doing other things and if u have a good boss he can be supporting u financually anytime u go out for job.
Pls think to further ur eduction entrol for part time or full time program.
Just take a step u will see things will begin to fall onto places for you. God will see u through.
Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Iceking1(m): 6:12pm On Aug 02, 2016
elisbabs499:

I pity u, nt bcuz of d situation but because of ur mentality. Until u get ur mind renewed u cannot experience transformation (Rom 12:2) How on earth will u b seeing ur present condition as d determinant for ur future? How on earth will u conclude dat something is impossible? Dat some people dont v something 2 eat or where 2 sleep, does dat makes u with #19,000 rich?. u said ure hoping 4 d worst dont u know dat wat u expect is wat comes ur way? Pls get ur mind renewed, learn hw 2 manage finance, wit d little in ur hand (#19,000) u can break through. Move wit people of vision & ideas & learn hw 2 change ur lyf for better. Dont b in a haste 2 decide on dat #19,000. Go and open an account, keep it dia for atleast a month and sought for ideas and d law of multiplication ( i.e hw ur money will give birth 2 children) , u can trade with dat #19000, manage it urself, dont entrust it into d hand of anybody, not even ur mum. Teach ur younger ones to use dia potential and make a fortune, teach dem 2 accept responsibility. u can train urself wit Whatever proceed u make frm d business. It may nt b easy at d beginning, but d fact dat is nt easy does nt make it impossible. I cannot exhaust everything here. u can contact me on whatsapp on 08105343762. ( pls note: is nt maybe i want 2 introduce u 2 any business but just want u 2 renew ur mind)
Thank you very much sir, i was so touched after reading the above statement. I also shed a few drops of tears, i will add you right away sir. Thank you.
Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Iceking1(m): 6:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
konny1:
I will not blame u that much but ur mum should be blamed cos she's not futuristic on her approach. That is what hsppen when women hide behind the success of their husbands. When their husbands are no more they find it deficult to cope, i know is not easy to carry the loads alone but it can still be managered.
Your dad is a great man no dout about dat he left 5.5m let me just stop here.

Back to the topic i will recomend u go for
Tiling: tiling doesnt stop u from doing other things and if u have a good boss he can be supporting u financually anytime u go out for job.
Pls think to further ur eduction entrol for part time or full time program.
Just take a step u will see things will begin to fall onto places for you. God will see u through.
Thank you sir, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by eyinjuege: 7:38am On Aug 03, 2016
Sveen:

He was in jss3 then, and definitely had no access to the money. His mum should be blamed, not him

1 Like

Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 03, 2016
Your mum is the one to be blamed for this situation
She had young kids under 8 years old but spent 5,5 million without anything to show for it
5.5 million 8 years ago is a lot of money and your dad did well by leaving you all something

Anyway let's move forward
Some people have given you advise on what you can do

So long as you are ready to work hard and are determined you can still make it
You are young and have your whole future ahead

As regards stagnating your own future for your siblings, that really is your mums issue to deal with. It's a parents responsibility to see their kids through school
Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Iceking1(m): 9:39am On Aug 03, 2016
tearoses:
Your mum is the one to be blamed for this situation
She had young kids under 8 years old but spent 5,5 million without anything to show for it
5.5 million 8 years ago is a lot of money and your dad did well by leaving you all something

Anyway let's move forward
Some people have given you advise on what you can do

So long as you are ready to work hard and are determined you can still make it
You are young and have your whole future ahead

As regards stagnating your own future for your siblings, that really is your mums issue to deal with. It's a parents responsibility to see their kids through school
Thank you sir, this is an eye opener. Am greatful.
Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by DonTim1: 10:53am On Aug 03, 2016
Sveen:

mehn...you took the words of my mouth

laughing here
Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by lollybae(f): 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2016
Sveen:

hi
Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Sveen: 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by lollybae(f): 8:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
Sveen:
Hi
ok, urm, I just Wana solicit for your vote for falconey for Mr nairaland. The grand finale is on saturday. Pleeease i"d like u to singularly vote for him.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Sveen: 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2016
lollybae:
ok, urm, I just Wana solicit for your vote for falconey for Mr nairaland. The grand finale is on saturday. Pleeease i"d like u to singularly vote for him.
Ain't participating.
Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Welcomme: 10:02am On Aug 05, 2016
Guy try learn photography and videography with some editing. I did that through out my university education. I sponsored myself with the work.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) by Iceking1(m): 10:08am On Aug 12, 2016
Welcomme:
Guy try learn photography and videography with some editing. I did that through out my university education. I sponsored myself with the work.
Please sir, i need you to throw more light on it sir. For me to fully understand. Please sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Kids Left And Killed In Hot Cars In Different U.S. States Same Day(Pics) / She Came To My Crying! / Why Do Babies Fall Sick When They Start Teething

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.