Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,462 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

She Came To My Crying! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Came To My Crying! (2712 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / They Came Out Of The Room Sweating, But She Said They Didn't Have Sex! / Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Came To My Crying! by obowunmi(m): 9:26am On Sep 30, 2011
This is the the third man has taken to her pastor and pastor just told her that he does not approve of her new fiancee ? She sees her Pastor has a father figure and needs his approval? The pastor wants her to marry a brother in the church but she is not interested in him ? Does she proceed with the wedding without her Pastor's blessing ? What will she do ?

This is a true story --- mature family contributors --- wetin man go tell am ? Me I no no oooo
Re: She Came To My Crying! by webcam(m): 9:35am On Sep 30, 2011
can't she pray to God about the husband her self?why pastor at all time?she is the reason for her problem
Re: She Came To My Crying! by softgirl1: 9:36am On Sep 30, 2011
I will advise her to leave that church before she gets to 40yrs when she will no longer be looking young for any man again,
Re: She Came To My Crying! by Sissy3(f): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2011
"how can pastor approve when he already found someone for her. so it is either she keep bringing suitors and keep waiting on "pastors" approval, marry her already approved one by her pastor or go with her heartfelt choice.
Re: She Came To My Crying! by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 30, 2011
Pastors are fakes, especially Nigerian ones. What business does a pastor have, telling anyone who they should, or shouldn't marry?
Re: She Came To My Crying! by akinreals: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2011
is the pastor her father or is he her God? can't she pray to God directly without the pastor? abeg joo tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: She Came To My Crying! by maclatunji: 11:00am On Sep 30, 2011
She should wait till she is 60 if her choice of husband is going to be decided by a man who is not even her relative!
Re: She Came To My Crying! by koolJ1(f): 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2011
Either she marries pastor's choice or brace herself to become church's oldest spinster.zombie.i bet pastor is married and now sits in his high chair decidin who she'l spend d rest of her life wit.wil pastor live her marriage life wit her? How people are so unbelievably ignorant n gullible eludes me!
Re: She Came To My Crying! by Outstrip(f): 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2011
I am sorry but your friend is a F--OOOL. I am not sure how a man can even marry her. She will probably not listen to him. Her pastor will dictate what happens in the home. I will not give my own father that much power over my life not to talk of a pastor. Is he God?
Re: She Came To My Crying! by obowunmi(m): 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2011
You have all spoken well my wise friends --- the issue I have posted above are the issue some of our christian youths face --- do they listen to the elder/pastor whom they revere dearly or do they make their own life decisions and deal with the consequences --- thanks all. I will speak with her. She believes that something bad might happen to her if she doesn't listen to the pastor ----
Re: She Came To My Crying! by harakiri(m): 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2011
It's evident that this "brother" in the church has either "invested" heavily in the church/pastor OR the pastor owes him a favor and wants to repay the debt by "delivering" the woman of his dreams. So much for "god fearing" people. You people just manipulate yourselves under the umbrella of religion.
Re: She Came To My Crying! by Okijajuju1(m): 2:54pm On Sep 30, 2011
Thats what you get when;

1. Christians do not read their bibles, There is nowhere in the bible that any of the prophets chose a partner for anybody, "He who finds a wife, finds a good thing", You are supposed to find your ideal partner yourself and then go obtain favor from heaven.

2. Christians make their Pastors into demi-gods

3. When a person cant think for themselves,

2 Likes

Re: She Came To My Crying! by Kx: 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2011
Pastor should only officiate at the marriage ceremony, not necessarily choose the spouse.
Re: She Came To My Crying! by horny4u(f): 11:36pm On Sep 30, 2011
She went to the pastor !
She asked the pastor for his opinion or na blessing?
She is therefore in charge

We were born free , then we come to this earth and entangle ourselves in all sorts.
She should forgive herself for giving up her free will.
She should be working on her self worth, esteem and getting her power back to trust herself not getting married.

She wants to change church look for a more approving master

Thou shall not worship any other God besides me including pastor she should ask her creator .

She is in charge always grin
Re: She Came To My Crying! by N101: 12:11am On Oct 02, 2011
THREE different men she presented as her Fiance for her pastor to disapprove of?  She is not serious.
Re: She Came To My Crying! by kaboninc(m): 7:43am On Oct 02, 2011
Hmmm horny4u so you sabi bible like this?
@Poster. Pastors are highly revered in our society and I think there's nothing wrong in trying to seek their advice. However some of them abuse it. So I'll advice your friend to try GOD DIRECTLY.
Re: She Came To My Crying! by Wislet(f): 8:09am On Oct 02, 2011
@OP, TELL HER TO STOP BEING AFRAID OF ANY PASTOR, OTHERWISE SHE WILL REGRET. God has not given us the spirit of fear! Let her go ahead and marry the one she (not pastor) is convinced God has for her. She should learn to approach God herself. He is always there to hear her. She must stop worshiping any man, ONLY GOD. It is written, '' My people perish for lack of knowledge''.
Re: She Came To My Crying! by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 03, 2011
Nigerian pastors are mostly fakes. Middlemen. Why would I ask anything of God through a mere human? Do these "Pastors" speak the only language God understands? Fake, useless pastors, there to extort money from their congregation, all in the name of "tithes". The following week, they'll then upgrade from a '96 Peugeot 405 to a '11 Range Rover Evoque.

Christians in Nigeria have given these fake pastors way too much power over their lives.
Re: She Came To My Crying! by chuckdee4(m): 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2011
When you tell some Nigerians that they worship their pastors they will start fighting you. This is a classic example, some people follow religion so blindly that they cannot make decisions of their own without consulting the oracle pastor.

There is almost no relationship between some people and God anymore, everything has to go through "My pastor", they forget that although these men might be ordained men of God (and i used that phrase losely cos who knows in this day and age) but they are still human and are prone to the very same things me and you are prone to.

At OP, tell your friend to be smart and pray to God, he always points us in the right direction, sometimes we end up with the wrong person in an attempt to help us find Mr right, let her put it to God in prayer, he never lets his people down, BELIEVE THAT
Re: She Came To My Crying! by chuckdee4(m): 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2011
Siena:

Nigerian pastors are mostly fakes. Middlemen. Why would I ask anything of God through a mere human? Do these "Pastors" speak the only language God understands? Fake, useless pastors, there to extort money from their congregation, all in the name of "tithes". The following week, they'll then upgrade from a '96 Peugeot 405 to a '11 Range Rover Evoque.

Christians in Nigeria have given these fake pastors way too much power over their lives.

Spot on!!!
Re: She Came To My Crying! by N101: 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2011
Obowunmi, I think you should show your friend the comments here.  If she's still waiting for her pastor to tell her what to do, show her that God has spoken to her through these posts  cool
Re: She Came To My Crying! by Nekai(f): 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2011
You can't blame her pastor. After all he is just afraid that a man outside the church might cause her (and her tithe money) not to come back. grin

1 Like

Re: She Came To My Crying! by obowunmi(m): 7:24pm On Oct 05, 2011
ahahaha!
Re: She Came To My Crying! by 2mch(m): 9:00pm On Oct 05, 2011
Such mumurity. People should learn to trust in God and not man's vision. Am sure she is a zombie, no mind of her own. This type of people are the best candidates for religious cults. All a pastor should be doing is counseling and marrying people. Not becoming a sooth Sayer. Such blasphemy.
Re: She Came To My Crying! by overloved(m): 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2012
funny how some people would put themselves under the rule and choice of a single person, when you can pray to God for way
Re: She Came To My Crying! by Fruitful2: 2:37pm On Jun 26, 2012
THE SOLE DECISION AND RESPONSIBLITY STARTS AND ENDS WITH HER.AS MUCH AS WE RESPECT OUR PREACHERS I BELIEVE THEY SHOULD NOT ENFORCE ON ANYONE WHO HE OR SHE SHOULD MARRIES.LET HER PRAY ABOUT IT.IF GOD GIVES HER GO AHEAD TO MARRY HER CHOICE.THEN SHE CAN GO AHEAD AND MARRY THE MAN IRRESPESTIVE OF HER PASTORS POSITION.ALWAYS REMEMBER AFTER THE CEREMONIES SHE WILL BE LEFT WITH THE MAN ALONE TO BUILD HER HOME.THE PASTOR WILL NOT BE THERE

(1) (Reply)

Mothers, Is It Rude For A Guy To Hit On Your Daughter In Front Of You. / Ladies, Share Your Selection Of Good Songs To Spice Up The Bedroom / Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.