Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) (2415 Views)

IS NAIRALAND A NO MAN'S SITE?? / No Face But Want To Talk Big Hell No. To U All! / Seun- Please Is This Yahoo Id Yours Seunfide? (Answer: Hell No) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kabo(m): 7:57pm On Dec 07, 2006
I got an Email regarding sale of nairaland. Is nairaland for sell shocked
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kitaun(m): 9:45am On Dec 08, 2006
Question is; if so do u wanna buy?
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kabo(m): 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2006
I think some people lack manners, in their approch to issue
I beg kitanu
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by mukina2: 4:50pm On Dec 08, 2006
who sent you the email?
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by naijacutee(f): 10:32pm On Dec 08, 2006
Yes o, I'm in charge of the sale of Nairaland. Please pay 2 billion naira into my account and I will hand over Nairaland to you. grin
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kitaun(m): 12:13am On Dec 09, 2006
@Kabo, am sure u were not talking in anyway to me! If so, then you are probably suffering from mental halitosis or what explains ur stupid and uncouth response to my post? After posting bollocks here u now expect me to reply ur IMs abi? U beta try 'Google for sale'
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kabo(m): 12:28am On Dec 09, 2006
All this AJ boys, alwaz aggresive,
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kitaun(m): 12:35am On Dec 09, 2006
Yeah, and am sure you can't read, write and speak better than the average AJ boy can u? Instead of apologizing u want to cause more misery 4 urself, dont say I didn't warn U! Odesco
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kabo(m): 1:38am On Dec 09, 2006
I have seen ur postings, am not surprise.noting much from upstir.i hope u will grow,
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kitaun(m): 3:51am On Dec 09, 2006
U can go thru almost 3000 posts cos u are jobless, u cant even spell right (upstir)! and my type shd be caught dead bandying words with you?! u feel everyone is as foolish as you are? drop your phone no as IM and let me teach you a few lessons that might help u in life but pls dont pour shit on our faces by saying u got a mail from 'heaven' to buy up Nairaland, Maga! U do the growing up son!
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kitaun(m): 3:58am On Dec 09, 2006
Kabo, next time pls write what everyone can read either they be from AJ or from VGC u hear? or better still write in ur native language, we got translators here!  @Admin, could u pls transfer this to the jokes section? Cheers
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by iice(f): 4:39am On Dec 09, 2006
laughin ma lil friggin butt off abeg send the payment go naijacutee account grin
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kitaun(m): 4:56am On Dec 09, 2006
Can u imagine? L8r they would say Seun is vindictive, aren't this the kind of people that makes one amazed at how gullibility thrives in Naija?
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kabo(m): 9:06am On Dec 09, 2006
kitaun you are funny o! This you just dee hala like this i wonder what will happen if u lose this ur small job.Can i forward the ´´email´´I hope u are not angree with me
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by naijacutee(f): 11:42am On Dec 09, 2006
kabo:

kitaun you are funny o! This you just dee hala like this i wonder what will happen if u lose this your small job.Can i forward the ´´email´´I hope u are not angree with me
Please Kabo, if he is angry, me I am not angry. Please don't forward the e-mail. Forward me the money into my account abeg, and i'll give you Nairaland. Thank you.
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kitaun(m): 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2006
naijacutee:

Please Kabo, if he is angry, me I am not angry. Please don't forward the e-mail. Forward me the money into my account abeg, and i'll give you Nairaland. Thank you.

LMAO grin grin grin

kabo:

kitaun you are funny o! This you just dee hala like this i wonder what will happen if u lose this your small job.Can i forward the ´´email´´I hope u are not angree with me

Angry with you for what? do i have your time? tongue embarassed

which job did you give me? Na wa o! lipsrsealed

Am still expecting the mail o!
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kabo(m): 5:08pm On Dec 09, 2006
Kitanu. thanks for ur understanding this is the email. i hope u will help in curping this type of mails.

Seun Osewa <admin@nairaland.com> wrote:

Hello,
This is Seun Osewa, admin/owner of www.nairaland.com (Nigeria's largest online forum). I am writing you cos i think you may be interested in the purchase of nairaland website. I have other projects asides nairaland that needs urgent attention and i'm in dire need of money at this time.
I wish to sell off nairaland.com (the entire website) for a meagre US$10,000(negotiable). I call it meagre cos i know the site is far worth more than that. I've actually spent more than that to put the site where it is today.
- Nairaland rakes in $1000-$1,400 in google adsense revenue and an additional $800(approximately) in local ads every month. However i spend almost $200 maintaining the site monthly (cost of webspace and internet service).
- Nairaland has over 65,000 members and is growing every minute and over 8000daily visits (so many guests visits).
- Nairaland is indexed on google's first 10 results in several related keywords especially as regards to anything nigerian. Most of our traffic actually comes from google.
- Nairaland was built on the robust and solid smf software so anybody who can operate a computer can administer the site. No programming knowledge needed. i spend less than 2hrs daily administring the site.

Nairaland is a very good/promising website but the only reason I'm sell it off is because i desperately need $10,000 urgently to meet a pressing need and i know a few people have shown interest in buying the site so i'm giving it to the highest within the next 2 wks. I used my savings on other stuffs. dont want to talk about that. Just need a deal now. Once deal is clinched, i'll hand over all admin passwords and everything about the site including changing the registeration details.
Please do not put these in the forum. I need to seal the deal secretly until everything has been done cos i do not need any advice/comments (from people) as regards selling the forum so lets keep communication via the email or phone convo. So if interested call me on +234 808 253 5578 or send replies to oluwaseun.osewa@gmail.com instead (i prefer using gmail's mail client). I only sent this from admin@nairaland.com so you wont need ask for proofs again.
Thanks

Oluwaseun
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by abhosts(m): 7:22pm On Dec 09, 2006
I find it rather strange that it is taking the Site Administrator so long to post a Disclaimer.
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 09, 2006
Seun, I'm dissapointed you didn't look into e-mailing me first. Very dissapointed! angry
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by goodguy(m): 11:04pm On Dec 09, 2006
That does not look like something Seun would type. Seun does not type like that, and he hardly/never makes grammatical errors.

His email ID is seun.osewa, not oluwaseun.osewa.

But then, the writer's analysis of Nairaland's statistics looks like what only the admin would know.

This is really confusing. undecided

Where's Seun?
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kitaun(m): 1:47am On Dec 10, 2006
Trust Seun to take his time before responding to threads like this!
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by naijacutee(f): 11:17am On Dec 10, 2006
Donzman:

Seun, I'm dissapointed you didn't look into e-mailing me first. Very dissapointed! angry
Donzman, please don't be dissappointed, I too can give you the opportunity to own Nairaland. My e-mail will be better structured than that, just wait!!!

No, for real, how could you believe such a load of crunk?. Everything about the e-mail screams "SCAM". Well done, goodguy for spotting out that this e-mail is not authentic.

In addition to what goodguy has said:

- Why wouldn't 'admin' want it to be on the forum, the largest potential customer base he's got?

- Or better still whenever theres "a pressing need" that everyone needs to know, 'admin' has always sent out personal messages in red to everyone's nairaland account for example the "Do not talk about death of any Nairaland member" saga

- Anyone could get/make up Nairaland stats easily. There are a few clues on the top right corner on the front page when you log in. For example there are currently 64960 members, 28582 topics and 728181 posts at the time of this entry!

- Google is accessible to everyone, not just Nairaland admin. Type in a few of Nairaland topics - related keywords on google and see what comes up. Click on any topic also and the google adwords on every thread are evident for all to see.

- As for the figures for gross profit and maintenance costs, what happened to guessing? Surely 'guessing' should be an option?

- Smf software? Surely that exists but I don't even know what stands for! Does that make it technical enough for you to believe that it makes Nairaland 'easy to operate with no programming knowledge?'  I believe the site admin is a programmer, so where then do his skills and programming knowledge come in? Not at all? Don't you find that funny?

- 'Please do not put these on the forum'? Why not? For fear of this hoax being analysed?

- admin@nairaland.com. That's easy.  Follow these simple steps.

Register a fake but convincing gmail account e.g osewa.seun@gmail.com, oluwaseun.osewa@gmail.com,
Open your gmail e-mail account
Click on 'settings' (top right after your e-mail address)
Click on the 'Accounts' tab (after 'General')
You will now see your name and your e-mail address as it is displayed on outgoing messages. Below that you will see link to 'Add another e-mail address'
Click on this link and in your name field, type in admin@nairaland.com.
Send out con e-mail.

Lastly, 'admin' initially said if he was going to sell Nairaland, the non-negotiable cost was 2bn naira! I'm sure there are people on this forum who wouldn't mind paying close to that for the site, why sell it for a meagre $10,000? Could it be because he didn't put in time, and effort in?

Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by Seun(m): 2:03pm On Dec 10, 2006
I'm dissapointed that nobody emailed me about this attempt at fraud for such a long time.

I did not send it, and I don't intend to send any ridiculous emails of that nature.

You should have sent a reply to admin@nairaland.com. Obviously the scammer doesn't want that.

Pitiful.
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kaylala(m): 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2006
This act is really alarming. Once the administrator is not the author of the mail then let the forum continue.
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by Seun(m): 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2006
I may have to email every member of the forum to make sure they don't get swindled.
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by mrpataki(m): 3:11pm On Dec 10, 2006
The earlier you do that, the better it do be. Thinking that some people are out there with a knowledge of fraud existing in them, quite terrible. cry sad
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 10, 2006
Just for the record, I never believed Nairaland was for sale!
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kabo(m): 11:05pm On Dec 10, 2006
What happened to the post i sent (IS NAIRALAND FOR SALE?) i rised this alarm from the Email i got,which i believe came from "Them".Now i got another one. I still have the copy in-case if anybody still what to take a look at it.
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by kitaun(m): 10:04am On Dec 11, 2006
What is this kabo guy up to sef? Why should i want to see another mail specifically sent to him alone? is he Dangote's child?
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by waleleader(m): 12:55am On Dec 12, 2006
I actually did get the email myself and thot it would be stupid for Seun to want to sell Nairaland for such a cheap price so i dismissed it. How can you sell a business that supposedly generates $1000 every month for $10,000. It was just one of those stupid boys.

Anyways, apart from small errors, he was quite convincing with his apt analysis and discourse. These yahoo yahoo boys are gettimg better oh grin
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by goodguy(m): 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2006
kitaun, the email was sent to some others too.
Re: Is Nairaland For Sale? (Hell No!) by Grouppoint(m): 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2006
So Seun,
Let us suppose that as an entrepreneur, you did have pressing business matters. e.g. Donald Duke was elected, and needed some bright young brains on board his cabinet.

How much would you sell NairaLand for and why do you feel its worth that much/little?

, And pls never say never.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Unsung Tales Of Peace Gate Oil And Gas. / Baby Elephant Fought And Survived 14 Hungry Lion's Attack [VIDEO] / Video+photos: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Official Trailer (2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.