Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,761 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . (11869 Views)

Architectural Design Challenge - Post Your Design ! / I Need Quotation For Plumbing And Wiring For Three Bedroom And Two Selfcontain / Help!!! Solution To Constant Paint Peeling From My Ceiling Board. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 11:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
Thanks you all for you support and patronage long live to you all

This tread is mainly for any problem you might have or any question you wish to ask about mechanical (plumbing) issue in your rented apartment,house, factory, garden, office ,etc.
Rotech77 and team are ready to bail you out free
Rotech77@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 11:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
Some of new technology/old material for mechanical project

Upvc pipes and fittings
Encho pipe and fittings
Galvernized pipe and fittings
Copper pipe and fittings
Cement pipe and fittings (old technology)
All these pipes and fittings serve diff purposes but few of them can serve for two or more purposes

Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 4:00am On Aug 02, 2016
1st generation of mordern plumbing pipe in Nigeria was cement pipe and galvernised pipe
The cement pipe then was used as waste water line pipe connections while the iron pipe was for fresh water supply both hot and cold line connection, later new technology came which was era of upvc pipe and fittings, the was mainly used for waste water line connection line only,but later people now decovered that upvc pipe should replaced galvernised pipe in fresh water supply connection bcs the water is much saver to drink, very easy to connect,non corrode,easier to transport ,but the only problem with this pipe is that some of them can not withstand high pressure although few of them can withstand 0-25bar pressure, .......more coming

Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2016
Fast forward to copper pipe and fittings era these type of pipe is best suitable for hot water line only but its a pity now bcs its very hard to get what we call real copper pipe in the mkt, but the fittings are still available,now in henco pipe and technogreen regime which are very suitable for both hit and cold water line and its comes in various sizes.

Advantages are
-Light in weight
-flexible
-can withstand high pressure
-easy to fix
-leak prove
-Durable
More coming
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 9:31pm On Aug 02, 2016
More coming
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 7:25am On Aug 03, 2016
Its advisable to pressure text all piping work before tiling with this you will see if there is any leakage in the house ,it will be easier and economical to rectify the leakage area at this point rather than after tiling

In Nigeria mechanical piping system its good and also advisable to install your floor drain 200mm away from the wall, so that water will not retain by the wall side always ,this can also cause water ingress outside the wall and always make sure the drain is always free for easier free flow of water .

The best way to do waste water piping is to separate the soil water from the sewage water and ALWAYS make sure the waste water chamber is well separated inside the chamber if not so you will always experience odour in your bathroom,kitchen etc, also the water closet must have vent
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by Engineermbugame(m): 3:02pm On Aug 03, 2016
My boss,i can see all d fittings ur posting.2 inches tee,floor drill or floor waste,copper tee,elbow,and plain and pipes.well 2 head is better dan 1 wil learn new things everyday.
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by Engineermbugame(m): 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
Yes ur right boss ,abut d ventilation.vent must not be in frnt of the building.
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by Engineermbugame(m): 3:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
Wen installing waste water. is good to use tee ,wen piping cause of blockage in future. (tee wil help for servicing)
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 3:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
Yes, that is correct, mainly for kitchen and floor drain section

There is a material called "S" trap this fitting is mainly fit at the bottom of basin, do you believe that it also serve as odour protection
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by Engineermbugame(m): 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
rotecch77:
Yes, that is correct, mainly for kitchen and floor drain section

There is a material called "S" trap this fitting is mainly fit at the bottom of basin, do you believe that it also serve as odour protection
yes ,we called it bottle trap.it also in baff we called dat 1( p)trap
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by Engineermbugame(m): 4:00pm On Aug 03, 2016
My oga ontop hw waz work and family
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
Yes there is P trap also ,but the S trap is not that much available in MKT,the bottle trap also protect frequently block of kitchen sink.
Thank how work
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by Engineermbugame(m): 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
rotecch77:
Yes there is P trap also ,but the S trap is not that much available in MKT,the bottle trap also protect frequently block of kitchen sink.
Thank how work
we thanks baba God boss,dat s trap will be old fittings materials .
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by Engineermbugame(m): 4:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
Were did u base?
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 4:34pm On Aug 03, 2016
Yes it old fittings ,made in the UK, most people now use magic trap.

I based in Lagos, but I work every where
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by Engineermbugame(m): 5:20pm On Aug 03, 2016
I also use magic trap .i heard plumbing materials in lagos is cheaper dan in onitsha?otu adiro asi ndo(abu nwa onitsha oo)
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by Engineermbugame(m): 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
I also use magic trap .i heard plumbing materials in lagos is cheaper dan in onitsha?(abu mu nwa onitsha oo)
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
Yes its cheaper here
O mu a nwa yourba o o. Ofema nu
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by ladyF(f): 12:59am On Aug 04, 2016
Engineermbugame:
I also use magic trap .i heard plumbing materials in lagos is cheaper dan in onitsha?(abu mu nwa onitsha oo)
kiss This is me saying thank you dear... wink
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 8:32am On Aug 04, 2016
Its advisable to use best materials for both conduit and surface plumbing project, bcs cheap and low grade material will surely fail in short period of time ,now calculate the cost of getting another material, time,stress,workmanship etc, you will agree with me thatvits better to use best material, but again all fingers are not equal, if you cant get best material due to the cost don't do conduit piping system, its better you do surface for all the waste pipe outside the wall and use thick pressure (2.5 or 3mm)Nigeria pipe for the fresh water line, for hot water line if youbcant afford encho pipe or technogreen pipe, go for copper pipe but make sure you buy the best fitting for the Cooper pipe e.g "kiwa" copper fittings with this you still safe with leakage, more so you can link two toilet hot water together and use only one water heater to serve them ,that is if there are besides each other
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 3:26pm On Aug 04, 2016
Its always good to use bigger diameter pipe (140mm) for chamber pipe to the suckways for any commercial house ,this will stop blockage of chambers
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 6:54pm On Aug 05, 2016
Due to economic situation of the country,if you can buy European faucets (tap) for the whole toilet and kitchen, its good to select some area in the house which will have more usage than others, such as kitchen, children toilet, outside wall tap.

Also you can use China water closet good grade, you can also upgrade the water closet by changing the flushing mechanism to European made, with this continue enjoy your house.... ,all fingers are not equal.

Do you know that you can regulate your water closet water usage? It very simple some closet comes with dual flushing bottom, ( I will post the pics soon) also the mechanism inside your closet is designed to be adjusted to the water level you need,with this your storage waste tank will not filled up on time
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2016
More coming
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 7:54am On Aug 07, 2016
More

Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
Control valve of different functional

Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 5:02am On Aug 10, 2016
More coming
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 8:56am On Aug 11, 2016
More

Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 6:40am On Aug 13, 2016
Running of hot water line to toilet wash hand basin for all toilets looks as over spending of money bcs most time people don't use it as that of shower hot water line
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by mufutau55(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2016
rotecch77:
Running of hot water line to toilet wash hand basin for all toilets looks as over spending of money bcs most time people don't use it as that of shower hot water line

You are surely right.

Hajji M.
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by topsy23: 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2016
rotecch77:
Its always good to use bigger diameter pipe (140mm) for chamber pipe to the suckways for any commercial house ,this will stop blockage of chambers

Yes bigger size of pipe is good where we have multiple apartment or high rise building. 6inches pipe is good in that area.

Weldone boss
Re: Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . by rotecch77(m): 12:15pm On Aug 14, 2016
Yes, hajji
Oga topsy, long time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Stone Coated Metal Roofing From China / Seven Room Bedroom Duplex @fagbile Estate Isheri Ijegun, / Ekiti Partners With UNOPS And SHS Holdings To Build 50,000 Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.