Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

I Feel Scammed By Glo - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Feel Scammed By Glo (706 Views)

N45,000 Worth Of Recharge Cards. Fastest Finger Loads The Card. Sponsored By GLO / How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? / How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander On Telegram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Scammed By Glo by dharmie(f): 2:52am On Aug 02, 2016
I feel like I've been scammed by Glo. My ordeal started on the 28th of June around 0024hrs. I had alot on my mind and I just couldn't sleep. Well, I picked up my phone, skimmed through topics on Nairaland front page, scanned through my Facebook updates then landed on instagram.

That was when I saw Funke Akindele's advert for Glo hammar million naira promo. The advert was hilarious but real to me... A girl with too many plans and too little funds. So I felt why not?The advert was well explained(or so I thought) Just text Glo to 555 then you'd get a trivial question which should be answered correctly. Each message would cost NGN100. Simple right? I wish.

Anyways, I sent the text message and got no trivial question. After waiting for some minutes, I dialled 121. The customer care rep I spoke to told me to expect the trivial question within 24 hours....

24hrs later, no trivial question. So I dialled 121 again. The first agent I spoke to told me to resend the code. I explained to him that I got no trivial question the first time I sent it despite being debited a NGN100. Well I dialled 121 again and another agent registered my complaint and gave me this ref no. 1-2707277739 accompanied by a text that it would be resolved within 48hours.

48 hours later, I got no trivial question. I called again and I was told the issue had not been resolved. Phew!!!

I called a couple more times, cc glocustomer care even Funke Akindele on Twitter yet nothing. I lost hope.

July 13, I got a message from 7018 that the issue has been resolved. I felt glad that my NGN100 was going to earn me a chance to 'Hammar' so I held on to my phone expecting the trivial question. Yet I got nothing.

The next day, I dialled 121 again and i was given another complainants ref no. 1-2737947651. I later got a text that the issue has been resolved. But still I got no question.

On the 24th of July, I dialled 121 again. This time,my ref no. was 1-2782381890 a day later, I got a message that it has been resolved but yours truly never got a trivial question.

I'm tired and feel frustrated and cheated. My friends now tease me for being a maga for Glo. NGN100 may seem small but it is my money and I would have felt better if I was given a fair chance at winning the star prize or any of the consolation prizes.
Re: I Feel Scammed By Glo by EmekaBlue(m): 3:03am On Aug 02, 2016
U r even lucky u didn't get d question and lost only 100bucks...If u had gotten,u wil c a simple question like what are d colours of Nigerian flag

A.red white
B.black blue
C.green white
D.purple brown
Which d obvious answer is C.then they tell u r steps to winning d so called million na so dem go dey deduct 100 100naira until u tire to answer and no winning at d end after u might have lost alot.So thank ur star u didn't get it to continue

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Scammed By Glo by Xclusivegrin007(m): 3:05am On Aug 02, 2016
Booked
Re: I Feel Scammed By Glo by dharmie(f): 8:35am On Aug 03, 2016
EmekaBlue:
U r even lucky u didn't get d question and lost only 100bucks...If u had gotten,u wil c a simple question like what are d colours of Nigerian flag

A.red white
B.black blue
C.green white
D.purple brown
Which d obvious answer is C.then they tell u r steps to winning d so called million na so dem go dey deduct 100 100naira until u tire to answer and no winning at d end after u might have lost alot.So thank ur star u didn't get it to continue

Lmao. True. But in my case, my 100 naira wasn't put to use at all. It was deducted yet I wasn't a part of the raffle draw. I know the probability that I would win is really really low. But haba, dem for no rob me of the chance altogether naa.

Then the fact that I kept having to call for the issue to get resolved kinda added salt to the injury. Even one of the agents I spoke to told me to resend the code. Which means another NGN100 would have been deducted and my initial NGN100 gone just like that.
If a transaction is not completed, do you just sweep it under the carpet?

1 Like

Re: I Feel Scammed By Glo by EmekaBlue(m): 2:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
embarassed yes ...I just let it go..na me go ansa dem nah
dharmie:

Lmao. True. But in my case, my 100 naira wasn't put to use at all. It was deducted yet I wasn't a part of the raffle draw. I know the probability that I would win is really really low. But haba, dem for no rob me of the chance altogether naa.

Then the fact that I kept having to call for the issue to get resolved kinda added salt to the injury. Even one of the agents I spoke to told me to resend the code. Which means another NGN100 would have been deducted and my initial NGN100 gone just like that.
If a transaction is not completed, do you just sweep it under the carpet?

(1) (Reply)

USA Childbirth Concierge / D / Happy Birthday, R231!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.