Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,230 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? (14848 Views)

Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? / British Council/newton Fund Researcher Links’ Workshop For Early Career Research / Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by maxtop(m): 7:08am On May 22, 2018
None of them ....

Baba God is the greatest ......

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by mightyhazell: 7:08am On May 22, 2018
Hector09:
Sir isaac newton we always be the best
ur reasons?
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Sarang(f): 7:12am On May 22, 2018
Einstein has been accused of so many things but still like that man.. Too smart!
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by QuietHammer(m): 7:12am On May 22, 2018
emailaddy:
Getting Dry

k
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Protocall: 7:16am On May 22, 2018
Who send them work??

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Blakjewelry(m): 7:17am On May 22, 2018
I laugh when people say Isaac Newton is the father of this and that, the truth is all the work of a scientist always depend on the work done by previous ones they only modified it and make it work better. so in conclusion, if Newton is a computer Einstein is a supper computer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Zane2point4(m): 7:18am On May 22, 2018
Newton worked on universal gravitation (gravity), Newton developed the three laws of motion

which form the basic principles of modern physics. His discovery of calculus led the way to more powerful methods of solving mathematical problems.
Automobile makers learnt about fiction from him and it effects on breaking pads.

Albert Einstein worked on General Theory of Relativity and the concept of mass-energy equivalence expressed by the famous equation, E = mc2.

He is important but he is the chief creator of atomic bombs.
I'll pick Newton blc he contributed immensely to humanity, Eistein did too, but his works comes with destruction.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:20am On May 22, 2018
Blakjewelry:
I laugh when people say Isaac Newton is the father of this and that, the truth is all the work of a scientist always depend on the work done by previous ones they only modified it and make it work better. so in conclusion, if Newton is a computer Einstein is a supper computer
Only because Einstein had the technological advantage that newton didn’t have in his time..bar that Newton is touted as the greatest genius in modern history and one of the highest IQ in history..

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Nobody: 7:22am On May 22, 2018
If you look properly at the thread you would find out the timeline of how intellectual decay started on nairaland. saner posts in 2016. useless folks at the moment typing rubbish.

8 Likes

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by AlanSugar(m): 7:22am On May 22, 2018
'Who is greater?' Are they still living?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by AlanSugar(m): 7:27am On May 22, 2018
prahcetomi:
Those two guys can't make heaven....they are the cause of my struggles in physics and maths.

Choi, Laf wan kii me! First I thought it's NwaAmaikpe, then I realized he doesn't comment on scientific threads. Lolz.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by derrydinny: 7:27am On May 22, 2018
newton's laws are somehow stupid, einstein's were beyond the thinking faculty of geniuses but the greatest of all scientists is galileo
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Nobody: 7:28am On May 22, 2018
mightyhazell:
whoz d guy on suit?

Thats richard feymann
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by mightyhazell: 7:31am On May 22, 2018
Budex40:

Thats richard feymann
thx..

let me now run a check on him
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by 1bunne4lif(m): 7:33am On May 22, 2018
'for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction', who was that again?
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Ugomba(m): 7:34am On May 22, 2018
Einstein

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by darkid1(m): 7:35am On May 22, 2018
Elxandre:

I say Newton though.
He was more influential, both in math and physics.
He's a founding master of Calculus, and his laws in physics are some of the basic founding principles.

Einstein has even been accused of plagiarism sef. grin
It's claimed he stole others ideas, and 'explained' them better.
I had always wondered how he could achieve so much without being an incredible mathematician. (His wife reportedly helped him sometimes in mathematical aspects of his researches).

You sir , are very correct. Enstine's wife was really smart. And newtons principles are pretty much the back bone of how we see the world today .

But Enstine had something most academicians today lack, and thats a very powerful understanding of principles even beyond his teachers and a strong level of imagination .

Which is why I love one of his quotes "imagination is greater than knowlege"

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Worksunlimited: 7:37am On May 22, 2018
SmartThief:
well, this question has been in my head for some time now and i have not gotten the right answer yet. Hope the great intellects here can help me out. I wouldnt want to compare them based on my opinion alone. The unquenchable and infinite wisdom of Newton tabled with an immeasurable and boundless thoughts of Einstein...is definitely two gargantuan psunami on an head-on collision!...what do you think?

Why is it so hard for you to just appreciate their work and not compare them? undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by mankan2k7(m): 7:37am On May 22, 2018
And Buhari
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Nobody: 7:40am On May 22, 2018
There is none greater. They are both great. Newton was one of the pioneer's of Calculus (Very hard maths at the time) Einstein was also one of the pioneer's of Quantum Mechanics (which also has extremely difficult mathematics in it)

They both laid solid ground work in Physics that will be built upon for years to come.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by olutop(m): 7:42am On May 22, 2018
Chai, Nairaland since last year this is just getting to front page, if it is Wizkid and Olamide, it would have been on front-page countless number of times....We value irrelevances in this part of the world

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by femi4: 7:46am On May 22, 2018
SmartThief:
well, this question has been in my head for some time now and i have not gotten the right answer yet. Hope the great intellects here can help me out. I wouldnt want to compare them based on my opinion alone. The unquenchable and infinite wisdom of Newton tabled with an immeasurable and boundless thoughts of Einstein...is definitely two gargantuan psunami on an head-on collision!...what do you think?
Newton of course. The man with the fundamentals in which others build upon
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by trapQ: 7:46am On May 22, 2018
As for me Einstein but the discovery of electricity was the greatest of all time
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by femi4: 7:47am On May 22, 2018
1bunne4lif:
'for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction', who was that again?
Newton

What goes up must come down: Newton

Gravitational law: Newton
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by johnydon22(m): 7:51am On May 22, 2018
Elxandre:

I say Newton though.
He's a founding master of Calculus, and his laws in physics are some of the basic founding principles.

I had always wondered how he could achieve so much without being an incredible mathematician. (His wife reportedly helped him sometimes in mathematical aspects of his researches).

Newton was a mathematical genius but his works also were influenced by older works, Newton was particularly influenced well enough by Joahannes Kepler

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by johnydon22(m): 7:52am On May 22, 2018
darkhorizon:
Newton is a boss in classical physics,Einstein is a boss in modern physics. Moreover,Einstein extended newtonian mechanics to form the special relativity. It was found by Einstein that Newton's law began to fail,when used to describe objects approaching the speed of light,hence the need for a new paradigm. So it depends on you,as to who is better
In terms of intellect, Newton has it..
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by johnydon22(m): 7:54am On May 22, 2018
nickz:
I'm sick and tired of people comparing anyone to Einstein,yesterday I saw a thread with comparison to Pythagoras
please go and research that mans works
very soon now una go dey compare am to john Nash
Anyone comparing Einstein to Pythagoras is an idiot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by johnydon22(m): 7:54am On May 22, 2018
maxtop:
None of them ....

Baba God is the greatest ......

Everything must be dragged into a religious term by Nigerians.

Fuckin_g morons

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by johnydon22(m): 7:56am On May 22, 2018
Zane2point4:
Newton worked on universal gravitation (gravity), Newton developed the three laws of motion

which form the basic principles of modern physics. His discovery of calculus led the way to more powerful methods of solving mathematical problems.
Automobile makers learnt about fiction from him and it effects on breaking pads.

Albert Einstein worked on General Theory of Relativity and the concept of mass-energy equivalence expressed by the famous equation, E = mc2.

He is important but he is the chief creator of atomic bombs.
I'll pick Newton blc he contributed immensely to humanity, Eistein did too, but his works comes with destruction.
No it doesn't. Nuclear reactors can also be an incredibly efficient means of energy (power) creation

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by johnydon22(m): 7:57am On May 22, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Only because Einstein had the technological advantage that newton didn’t have in his time..bar that Newton is touted as the greatest genius in modern history and one of the highest IQ in history..
Newton is regarded the greatest genius in history
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by johnydon22(m): 7:57am On May 22, 2018
derrydinny:
newton's laws are somehow stupid, einstein's were beyond the thinking faculty of geniuses but the greatest of all scientists is galileo
Please explain
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Oduwils222(m): 7:59am On May 22, 2018
Elxandre:

I say Newton though.

U must be a family member to one of them. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yabatech Admission 2011/2012 List Is Out / Half-Salary: ASUU Ends NEC Meeting, Keeps Mum On Outcome / Questions Arise As Chrisland School Wins 12 Out Of 25 Beacon Of Safety Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.