Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? (14896 Views)

Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? / British Council/newton Fund Researcher Links’ Workshop For Early Career Research / Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by mhktaryan: 8:00am On May 22, 2018
both of them r confused
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Oduwils222(m): 8:02am On May 22, 2018
prahcetomi:
Those two guys can't make heaven....they are the cause of my struggles in physics and maths.
My brother, e no go better for them even in dia next 7coming. Lol

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by musicwriter(m): 8:03am On May 22, 2018
SmartThief:
well, this question has been in my head for some time now and i have not gotten the right answer yet. Hope the great intellects here can help me out. I wouldnt want to compare them based on my opinion alone. The unquenchable and infinite wisdom of Newton tabled with an immeasurable and boundless thoughts of Einstein...is definitely two gargantuan psunami on an head-on collision!...what do you think?

In the western Paradigm they gave it to Einstein, however, it should have been Newton since he laid the foundation for what Einstein studied. They were no TVs or radios when Newton lived, so his popularity was limited to those in academia at that time. Einstein's popularity came as a result of the history of his discovery which attracted media attention even before his theory was proved. He became popular because the media were interested in his invention.

However, these two people being celebrated as the originators of these ideas aren't true. A lot of books had been stolen from ancient Egyptian libraries during the first invasion of Africa by Greece, Rome and many others. Those books were taken back to Europe where they began to study the ''Egyptian mystery system''. Geometry, mathematics, physics, were already an advanced science thousands of years before Newton or Einstein. Example; you cannot build the great pyramid in Egypt without a knowledge of advanced geometry, physics, mathematics. As evidence above, the Europeans called the ancient knowledge of the Egyptians a ''mystery'' because such knowledge was alien in Europe. In fact, Isaac Newton said he was a descendant of an African Sesostris (black Egyptian pharaoh of the Senusret dynasty), and that's because he studied their works.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by clive2u(m): 8:05am On May 22, 2018
Ronaldo and messi are better than them, all they did was bring formulas to help us fail physics. You think we would have failed if physics was just to kick and score? You cant even use projectiles on a field only on books, who doess that

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Sheguama: 8:05am On May 22, 2018
mightyhazell:
whoz d guy on suit?

That's Mr Chester Chigbundu

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Nigga44: 8:06am On May 22, 2018
Both are great but Tesla is the greatest.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Nobody: 8:13am On May 22, 2018
mightyhazell:
whoz d guy on suit?
Looks like Neils Bohr, the guy who gave Einstein a real headache on quantum physics
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by fakuta(f): 8:25am On May 22, 2018
are you in heaven now?
prahcetomi:
Those two guys can't make heaven....they are the cause of my struggles in physics and maths.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Hades2016(m): 8:26am On May 22, 2018
prahcetomi:
Don't you understand a small joke?
bruh dis one don’t understand joke oooo
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by spacyzuma(m): 8:29am On May 22, 2018
ISAAC NEWTON is greater and had more impact on Science in his era.

Not only was Newton a genius in physics, he was also a genius in mathematics, optics. He even extended his genius into politics and the judiciary.

Einstein was a genius, no doubt. But his popularity was overblown because of the emergence of mass media in his era. He became the poster-man for Science in an era soon after WW1 when Europeans were looking for inspiration. In Einstein's time, there were lots of brilliant scientists who were making huge impacts in Science, but the public barely acknowledged them because the media focused mainly on Einstein.

*modified*
I saw a dope answer on Quora just now https://www.quora.com/Who-was-smarter-Einstein-or-Newton

If you pushed me, I would tentatively vote for Newton - but if you asked who the two most revolutionary geniuses were, I would hardly hesitate to suggest both these men.
Einstein was history’s pre-eminent ideas man; Newton was history’s pre-eminent problem-solver.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Aleboss(m): 8:41am On May 22, 2018
Newton is far more greater and superior to Einstein. He laid the foundation of science at the time when young adults don't go to school but rather sit together and exchange ideas.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by jay4rhyme: 8:44am On May 22, 2018
Newton is greater has more impact

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Adeyemismith(m): 8:54am On May 22, 2018
Elxandre:

I say Newton though.
He was more influential, both in math and physics.
He's a founding master of Calculus, and his laws in physics are some of the basic founding principles.

Einstein has even been accused of plagiarism sef. grin
It's claimed he stole others ideas, and 'explained' them better.
I had always wondered how he could achieve so much without being an incredible mathematician. (His wife reportedly helped him sometimes in mathematical aspects of his researches).

bros na wa ooooo u dey there
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by IJOBA2: 9:00am On May 22, 2018
Elxandre:

I say Newton though.
He was more influential, both in math and physics.
He's a founding master of Calculus, and his laws in physics are some of the basic founding principles.

Einstein has even been accused of plagiarism sef. grin
It's claimed he stole others ideas, and 'explained' them better.
I had always wondered how he could achieve so much without being an incredible mathematician. (His wife reportedly helped him sometimes in mathematical aspects of his researches).

THATS WHAT MADE HIM AN ECLECTIC MATHEMATICIAN JUST LIKE KARL MARX WHO STOLE OTHER PHILOSOPHERS IDEA TOO.
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Nobody: 9:02am On May 22, 2018
I'm sorry to say but these two scientists are from different times so its kind of retàrdèd to compare them. Without the things discovered by Isaac Newton, there would be no foundation for Einstein to build on. Its like comparing Bobby Fischer, or, better still Alexander Alekhine to Magnus Carlsen. Doesn't really make sense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:03am On May 22, 2018
johnydon22:
Newton is regarded the greatest genius in history
Lol some historians will say it was king Solomon..although there is a debate between wisdom and genius which is superior..I vote wisdom...that’s off topic though.
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Nascimento(m): 9:10am On May 22, 2018
From Php vs python to Java vs c#. Now sir Newton vs Einstein? Come off it guys. These guys live in different times. They are great men. No need to compare them.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Nobody: 9:21am On May 22, 2018
I think Albert Einstein discovery carries more weight and its relevance in modern science can't be ignored. One thing that marveled me about his theory is the manner in which he arrived at it. He applied the theoretical approach to deduct formulas and hypothesis that when you carry out the practical analyses its found almost to be true. Albert has an unmatched skill for observation.
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by LazyNairalander(m): 9:33am On May 22, 2018
nickz:
I'm sick and tired of people comparing anyone to Einstein,yesterday I saw a thread with comparison to Pythagoras
please go and research that mans works
very soon now una go dey compare am to john Nash
can you kindly recommend me to a book in respect to your signature.
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by planetzoom: 9:46am On May 22, 2018
both of them.are great,they paved way for our transmission director

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by planetzoom: 9:47am On May 22, 2018
both of them are great,they paved way for our transmission director

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by LDaVinci: 9:56am On May 22, 2018
The mere fact that Newton did his stuff a whole three centuries before Einstein (in an Era with no modern media) is more than enough to conclude the debate in favor of Newton.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Martinez19(m): 10:01am On May 22, 2018
It's very difficult to say. They both lived at different times and they both changed their world. I think in terms of intellect, Sir Isaac Newton has an edge.
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by johnydon22(m): 10:03am On May 22, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Lol some historians will say it was king Solomon..although there is a debate between wisdom and genius which is superior..I vote wisdom...that’s off topic though.
Some historians? Mind mentioning these historians?

What are some of King solomon's genius ideas to merit a spot amongst the most genius or wise individual's in history?
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:14am On May 22, 2018
femi4:
Newton
What goes up must come down: Newton
Gravitational law: Newton
Newton Rock
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Martinez19(m): 10:17am On May 22, 2018
spacyzuma:
ISAAC NEWTON is greater and had more impact on Science in his era.

Not only was Newton a genius in physics, he was also a genius in mathematics, optics. He even extended his genius into politics and the judiciary.

Einstein was a genius, no doubt. But his popularity was overblown because of the emergence of mass media in his era. He became the poster-man for Science in an era soon after WW1 when Europeans were looking for inspiration. In Einstein's time, there were lots of brilliant scientists who were making huge impacts in Science, but the public barely acknowledged them because the media focused mainly on Einstein.
An example is Paul Dirac. That Dirac guy was so brilliant.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Martinez19(m): 10:18am On May 22, 2018
johnydon22:
Some historians? Mind mentioning these historians?

What are some of King solomon's genius ideas to merit a spot amongst the most genius or wise individual's in history?
Are you minding the retard? grin
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by donbenie(m): 10:32am On May 22, 2018
nickz:
I'm sick and tired of people comparing anyone to Einstein,yesterday I saw a thread with comparison to Pythagoras
please go and research that mans works
very soon now una go dey compare am to john Nash
The fact that you invented a car doesn't in any way diminish the genius of the man who invented steel,for without the laying of the foundations by these giants your car would never have come to fulfilment.
Comparison between Newton and Einstein is an honour to Einstein,even Einstein himself would have been the first to acknowledge that..

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Blakjewelry(m): 10:33am On May 22, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Only because Einstein had the technological advantage that newton didn’t have in his time..bar that Newton is touted as the greatest genius in modern history and one of the highest IQ in history..
Einstein work is not based on advanced tech. Newton work is only applicable in the micro scene I.e within the earth whilst Einstein work is applicable in the macro scene asin universally. Einstein is famous for his thought experiments must of his postulation is only been confirmed with the aid of advance tech.if Newton is regarded as a computer, then Einstein should be regarded as a super computer

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by donbenie(m): 10:41am On May 22, 2018
AlanSugar:
'Who is greater?' Are they still living?
Their works lives on,that's IMMORTALITY..

1 Like

Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Mirallas: 10:57am On May 22, 2018
clive2u:
Ronaldo and messi are better than them, all they did was bring formulas to help us fail physics. You think we would have failed if physics was just to kick and score? You cant even use projectiles on a field only on books, who doess that
But you can't launch a rocket with a satellite into orbit without the knowledge of projectiles, which laid the foundation for surveillance.�
Re: Who Is Greater: Newton Or Einstein? by Mirallas: 11:00am On May 22, 2018
Martinez19:
An example is Paul Dirac. That Dirac guy was so brilliant.
. Another one is John von Neumann.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Earth Surface Is Flat!!! 200 Proofs / How Difficult Is GCE? / What Is The Technology Behind Recharge Card Pins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.