Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,559 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations (24868 Views)

FG Not Implementing Padded Budget – Udoma / Dogara, Lasun, Leo Ogor Padded The 2016 Budget - Sahara Reporters / Jibrin Padded Budget With N250bn – Dogara’s Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by chie8: 6:05am On Aug 02, 2016
Padded Budget:See How PDP Stylishly Mocked Buhari On Revelations Made By Jibrin

As the controversy surrounding the alleged budget padding by the House of Representatives continues, opposition party PDP says revelations made so far by sacked chairman, House committee on Appropriation, Abdulmumin Jibrin, puts the 2016 budget into question. more tweets after the cut.......

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/08/pdp-questions-integrity-of-2016-budget.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by chie8: 6:06am On Aug 02, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:09am On Aug 02, 2016
Sharrap PDP social media team....
We all know they've been padding budgets since 1999.. cool till date cool
I Hate APC and PDP

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by iamblisz(m): 6:14am On Aug 02, 2016
Integrity is over rated in Nigeria politics

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by DropShot: 6:15am On Aug 02, 2016
Nonsense from PDP as usual.

Do they think we don't know budget padding is as old as our democracy?

Didn't we read severally how OBJ and his ministers used to bribe the NASS to pass budget after executive padding?

Didn't we read how budget figures increased astronomically overnight after padding by NASS?

That we now officially know about budget padding is credit to PMB. His insisting to vet the budget before signing into law is commendable because those thieves at NASS would have had their ways as usual.

122 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by emerged01(m): 6:17am On Aug 02, 2016
So PDP get mouth to talk after dem don kill this country. Abi dem think say we no know say padding dey since.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 02, 2016
naija i dey hail o. ... just booking space
Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by nnachukz(m): 6:27am On Aug 02, 2016
But na wa oooh, after the whole noise and delay the Dullard still signed a heavily padded budget. I have this feelings he personally added some yams for his boys when he proposed an approximately N6tr budget. The NASS people noticed this and added their own yams not to be outdone by the dullard.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by molydonhenry(m): 6:31am On Aug 02, 2016
rule 1: ...don't be caught. APC was caught in the act

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by jerryunit48: 6:34am On Aug 02, 2016
Just show me who is not corrupt in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by Standing5(m): 6:34am On Aug 02, 2016
emerged01:
So PDP get mouth to talk after dem don kill this country. Abi dem think say we no know say padding dey since.
Even GEJ confessed its existence but fold his arms as usual. We are glad to have APC and Buhari.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by freeze001(f): 6:35am On Aug 02, 2016
I always wondered along these lines. Whilst not excusing former administrations that have habitually raped n looted d treasury including colonial masters that made sure they had permanent access to natural resources of Africa; still 'believing' the change mantra spiced with sainthood above reproach of APC members, I'd like to state clearly that padding implies that some fake projects were inserted or bloated figures imputed into the budget. As we saw, some figures and line items were repeated multiple times, some even from previous years.

The question then is: if d presidency demanded a 'clean up' before assent which the NASS announced that it did and d President accepted same and signed, how come the original figure and the final figure signed remained practically the same? Nothing was removed? Or it was just moved around?

If the budget was actually cleaned up and questionable areas expunged to give life to the 'real budget of change' what is Jibrin talking about? The budget Mr Incorruptible Integrity signed or the first one that got stolen?

Can APC supporters here convince me that Mr Buhari and his darling ministers could not have been aware of this madness? I'll concede he's too much of an ignoramus but is this not d height of wickedness perpetrated by the APC who are in d majority and d ruling party?

Some dolts have already come to say that this revelation is credit to Buhari and I wonder how that can be when despite his acclaimed anti-corruption stance he presented such a dirty docunent in the first place and even with subsequent revelation n exposures, he still signed the same damning document that today Jibrin and Dogara will not allow us hear word.
If a person makes a racket about an anomaly, condemns same and proposes the greatest cure n yet perpetuates the same anomaly and even exacerbatea it with an increase of almost 2 trillion in the face of low funding options, has that person really made a change? Or is worsening an already bad situation the envisaged change?

I am weak!

87 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by molydonhenry(m): 6:35am On Aug 02, 2016
brightmexy:
naija i dey hail o. ... just booking space
Abeg shift make i folo u dey observe

2 Likes

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by Limitednow: 6:44am On Aug 02, 2016
.com/
Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by Limitednow: 6:46am On Aug 02, 2016
Niger Delta Avengers

1 Like

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by RZArecta(m): 6:59am On Aug 02, 2016
DropShot:
[s]Nonsense from PDP as usual.

Didn't we read severally how OBJ and his ministers used to bribe the NASS to pass budget after executive padding?

Didn't we read how budget figures increased astronomically overnight after padding by NASS?

That we now officially know about budget padding is credit to PMB. His insisting to vet the budget before signing into law is commendable because those thieves at NASS would have had their ways as usual.

[/s]
APC = CHANGE not continuation of criminal acts so your useless party has no excuse for keeping Nigerian economy in a quagmire

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by RZArecta(m): 7:07am On Aug 02, 2016
In the good old days of the last administration, the national assembly would have threatened impeachment proceedings by now over percentage of budget implementation. At least that was before the APC criminals and thieves came into power at the center on May 29th 2015 cheesy

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/other-sections/lead-stories/177062-budget-reps-vow-to-proceed-with-impeachment

8 Likes

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by nrexzy: 7:12am On Aug 02, 2016
PDP Talking, during their Regime did we ever see how the budget was signed, implemented etc.?

5 Likes

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by RZArecta(m): 7:16am On Aug 02, 2016
If the "ineffectual buffoon" can have impeachment proceedings instituted against him over "low" budget implementation, then it's only fair for the "incompetent dullard" to face the same fate if only to shake him out of his lethargy and into a mode of action

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/jonathans-budget-implementation-reps-prepare-articles-of-impeachment/

10 Likes

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by bkool7(m): 7:18am On Aug 02, 2016
molydonhenry:
rule 1: ...don't be caught. APC was caught in the act

who caught them ?

Apc is ready to expose and discipline even it's members

5 Likes

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by ba7man(m): 7:21am On Aug 02, 2016
Budget padding had always been the norm under PDP administrations.

Imagine if it was during GEJ'S administration this was discovered........ he would have personally buried the case himself.

It's Buhari's continued refusal to sign the padded budget that called attention to this act that had bled the Nation for years under PDP.

They have no moral right to talk.

13 Likes

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by GoldenJAT(m): 7:23am On Aug 02, 2016
Nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by OKKO(m): 7:28am On Aug 02, 2016
PMB seems insincere about anticorruption mantra...but he is too archaic, tribal, incompetent, physically and mentally weak to lead the fight.

He also erroneously believe that his party men and ministers are saints...he wants to re contest by 2019 so he wants to cripple opposition and build his own structure...after next year (2017) and we have not gain anything from this fight, it will turn to business as usual because politics will take over and a lot of compromise will be made.

Summary: Corruption is fighting back and may eventually WIN.

4 Likes

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 02, 2016
What's PDP saying?!...they want to play on Nigerians. Budget padding has always been there but it was buhari's body attitude that led to this new budget padding saga

4 Likes

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by Paperwhite(m): 7:45am On Aug 02, 2016
DropShot:
Nonsense from PDP as usual.

But is the same OBJ not the current "navigator in chief" of the scammer APC you fanatically believe in? One thought APC came to "Change" the old order? But what do we have now? APC=PDP.Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.You got that?

12 Likes

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by DropShot: 7:49am On Aug 02, 2016
Paperwhite:
But is the same OBJ not currently the "navigator in chief" of the scammer APC you fanatically believe in? Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.You got that?
As bad as OBJ is, he's miles ahead of most,of those he left in PDP. The IB does not even possess half of his brain.

3 Likes

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by Paperwhite(m): 7:51am On Aug 02, 2016
freeze001:
I always wondered along these lines. Whilst not excusing former administrations that have habitually raped n looted d treasury including colonial masters that made sure they had permanent access to natural resources of Africa; still 'believing' the change mantra spiced with sainthood above reproach of APC members, I'd like to state clearly that padding implies that some fake projects were inserted or bloated figures imputed into the budget. As we saw, some figures and line items were repeated multiple times, some even from previous years.

The questionU then is: if d presidency demanded a 'clean up' before assent which the NASS announced that it did and d President accepted same and signed, how come the original figure and the final figure signed remained practically the same? Nothing was removed? Or it was just moved around?

If the budget was actually cleaned up and questionable areas expunged to give life to the 'real budget of change' what is Jibrin talking about? The budget Mr Incorruptible Integrity signed or the first one that got stolen?

Can APC supporters here convince me that Mr Buhari and his darling ministers could not have been aware of this madness? I'll concede he's too much of an ignoramus but is this not d height of wickedness perpetrated by the APC who are in d majority and d ruling party?

Some dolts have already come to say that this revelation is credit to Buhari and I wonder how that can be when despite his acclaimed anti-corruption stance he presented such a dirty docunent in the first place and even with subsequent revelation n exposures, he still signed the same damning document that today Jibrin and Dogara will not allow us hear word.
If a person makes a racket about an anomaly, condemns same and proposes the greatest cure n yet perpetuates the same anomaly and even exacerbatea it with an increase of almost 2 trillion in the face of low funding options, has that person really made a change? Or is worsening an already bad situation the envisaged change?

I am weak!
Not only you sis-I'm with you on this.Check my response to DropShot's assertion above.

6 Likes

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by amoduganja: 7:51am On Aug 02, 2016
j
Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by Timoleon(m): 7:52am On Aug 02, 2016
e come pain me say i book this space sha...pdp just dey unserious sha...let me raise some questions too.

Is this the first time there will be a budget padding?

What did pdp do to stop this show of shame in their 16years of rule?

Is there no pdp member on the budget appropriation committee?

Did pdp members of the house not get the same copy of the budget for scrutiny before it was passed?

Why didnt they speakup abi speakout?

3 Likes

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by timilehin007(m): 7:52am On Aug 02, 2016
People destructive party PDP I expect una to don shetup already..Na today yansh don dey for back, no be una start the pad paddling...na una mess still dey smell abeg make una kipkwayet

2 Likes

Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by Pavore9: 7:52am On Aug 02, 2016
Good, that is what opposition is meant for!
Re: Padded Budget: PDP & Jibrin's Revelations by Exponental(m): 7:53am On Aug 02, 2016
Corruption is in our blood... Worsening the economy is even encouraging corruption more.
As far as I'm concerned, Democratic Corruption should be credited to Obj and PdP. The present situation is a continuation of the predecessors.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is No One Blaming Buhari For The Fuel Scarcity? / Ondo Government Confirms Rotimi Akeredolu's Death, Governors Mourn / Journalist Allegedly Beaten Blue And Black In Imo Over Political Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.