Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,118 members, 7,821,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards (51939 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards / Adeboye Cautions Pastors Growing Beards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by anochuko01(m): 1:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
Jamean:
@ pastors growing beard, I agree; let your moderation be known to all men.

@ don't marry outside of RCCG. I strongly disagree. What if your God ordained partner is not in RCCG or your church, you end up marrying second fiddle and having worse challenges that can't be comprehended. Taking the word of God as the basis for dealing with issues supersedes any church doctrine and at this it is not tentative that true believers must marry from their denominations, marry from where you are directed that your partner is.

@ don't marry a lady who can't pray for 1hr, what about the men? A man should not just be a physical head, but also a spiritual head and the priest of his home. The likes of Abraham, Davis and Zachariah. Little one the spiritual headquarters of most homes rests with the woman and the man is just an oh yes member. Iron sharpens Iron and not wood.

About marrying outside the church, he didn't compel anyone. Also, he gave a reason for it, which is ''things can be sorted out better when you're both from the church''. My pastor married a DAYSTAR member.

Concerning prayer, its for both husband and wife. I have the mp3 of the message, so many things about the guys that the poster didn't add. Of course people always portray the message to make it look somehow.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Jazzlite: 1:22pm On Aug 02, 2016
who call you okonkwor

HaneefahRN:
Na you and your followers sabi

Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by martineverest(m): 1:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
same redeem dat will tell their workers not to wear trousers when in church.but most of their workers wear trousers outside church.....hypocrisy everywhere.

Same bible dat says we should pray silently,but churches allow scream and ulutating when praying
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by ofeko: 1:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ok Sir.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by thorpido(m): 1:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
Lukay99:

Because it's Christlike smiley
What had Christlike about a beard.The gospel is what to follow.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Fedayeen02: 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2016
madridguy:
In Baba better understanding, growing beards means you belong to Al Qaeda. grin grin grin
onye muslim why can't you focus on muslim thread.

A moderate muslim wants a Muslim Fanatic to kill you.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Jazzlite: 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2016
are you minding the APC apostates that is how they twist Fayose's words too

anochuko01:

About marrying outside the church, he didn't compel anyone. Also, he gave a reason for it, which is ''things can be sorted out better when you're both from the church''. My pastor married a DAYSTAR member.

Concerning prayer, its for both husband and wife. I have the mp3 of the message, so many things about the guys that the poster didn't add. Of course people always portray the message to make it look somehow.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Stevosty: 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
In other words a member with beards can't be a pastor, beards is one of the things that different a man from a woman. Bishop Jakes where are thou?
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by actright2(m): 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
You spoke my mind!
efilefun:
[size=13pt]This days Christianity keeps preaching almost the opposite of what jesus did. I have never seen a picture of "Holy Mary" with her hair opened nor seen a picture of "Jesus" without beards except when he was a kid, so preaching against this two things done by those you claim to follow means you on ur own lane[/size]
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Vivos: 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ride on sir,help me tell them Papa.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by anochuko01(m): 1:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
plaetton:
Anyone who prays for 1 hour is mentally ill. This would probably be the most accurate diagnosis of mental illness.
Adeboye and his charlatan ilk continue to poison the minds of Nigerian people for filthy profits.

Woe unto them.
SMH for you

Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by gloryman91: 1:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
These are what happened when a ministry has grown to the peak,you start formulating laws yourself. Papa Adeboye you are not the founder.Christ has beard.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Handsomecole(m): 1:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
Well some are well said while some are his own personal opinion. At the end of the day he is not God, he is a human being nothing special he's only know in Yoruba land. Redeemed is a "Yoruba founded Church" from the South West, so what's he saying?? His father and himself are Yoruba's that's a fact. But that does not mean that they don't accommodate other tribes.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Mekanus(m): 1:28pm On Aug 02, 2016
Another trash from a conman cum fraudster called pastor. Why would I even think of marrying a lady that prays for 5mins talk more of 1hr? When I'm actually looking forward to marrying an atheist. Who doesn't know that prayer is the most useless invention by men. I can't see myself marrying a woman that will turn my house into a noise zone with some gibberish called prayers. Who prayer don epp self? Abeg adebori or whatever, leave trash for ESWAMA biko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by 3Div: 1:28pm On Aug 02, 2016
efilefun:
[size=13pt]This days Christianity keeps preaching almost the opposite of what jesus did. I have never seen a picture of "Holy Mary" with her hair opened nor seen a picture of "Jesus" without beards except when he was a kid, so preaching against this two things done by those you claim to follow means you on ur own lane[/size]

You have pictures of Jesus ?. Even as a kid ?.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by yorhmienerd(m): 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
Pastors shoudnt use jels
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by mikeapollo: 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
Barselonia:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/adeboye-restricts-pastors-from-growing-beards/

Shallow talk!
A girl can pray for 6 hours and still be an agent of the devil, possessed etc.!
Is the hair (beard) not a creation of God? Is it a sin to grow beard? Did prophets in the Bible e.g. Moses, Elija, John the Baptist etc not grow beard?

Now, some people have abandoned the real essence of Christianity and have started propounding their own self-made ideology. This kind of loose talk can even make some people e.g. couples. families to start having issues because a lady cannot prey for an hour or because a good and responsible gentleman has beard on his face.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by hardbody: 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
hungryboy:
Baba Adeboye is now preaching from his own personal Bible oh,
Even Jesus christ sef been keep beard

While I do not agree with Adeboye, using Jesus as n example is wrong, Jesus was a Jew and Jews were mandated in the Bible to keep their beards. The same was no longer true in Bible times (after the death of the apostles).

But this Adeboye man sef, where is he getting his authority to personalize christian religious knowledge.

I thought the Bible is the only source of divine direction.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Crixie(m): 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
hungryboy:
U saw Jesus Christ with your eyes n can confirm that he grew beards?
No one in this generation knows what Jesus looks/looked like.
Forget all these pastors , pray to your God,Read your Bible/Quran or whatever holy book u accept.
If u feel like growing beards pls Do ,if you don't like it remain clean shaven .
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by xcellinking(m): 1:31pm On Aug 02, 2016
The beard game is real.

IMO nothing is wrong with keep beard. Just be modest with it having in mind who u r in Christ. Don't come looking like Osama.

A low shave works for me.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by efilefun(m): 1:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
Dude google is ur friend
3Div:

You have pictures of Jesus ?. Even as a kid ?.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 02, 2016
Vanquay:
Marry a girl that spends 3 hours praying, when hunger knocks on the door the idìots will start blaming Goat And yam theory and Buharinomics.

Of course, God has destined your Dream wife to be a Redeemed? This rubbish is nauseating.

Stupid man...Stupid followers...Stupid congregation.

If Jesus and his disciples existed historically, then they wouldn't have the time or money for Grooming and like every Middle Eastern male probably had beards.

Shame I thought this man was a wise Pastor Fraudster
No one is forcing you obey or agree with him, in fact there are some things I personally don't like up there but insulting the man of God was uncalled for. And some idiots liked this ya comment
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by BIDOO(m): 1:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
hungryboy:
can you please kindly point where it was stated to keep beard in a bible? the book of hosea said my people perish because they lack knowledge,
are you on earth during jesus reign? on what basis do u conclude he possess beard? if it was so, it is very paramount to the people of that era.

mind you this is another generation entirely, during moses own he teach to repaid evil for evil and when christ came he teach to repaid good for evil, then what are u insinuating, the point is clear that will show different btw people of God and alquedar or what are they calling themselves......shalom
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Macgabe(m): 1:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
hungryboy:
Don't be deceived by the pictures you see on TV. Nobody knows what and how Jesus Christ look like.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Goke7: 1:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
Lots of ignorant folks here, the man is only talking about moderation as per the beards issue, pastors are christian soldiers who must maintain a very high level of discipline [soldiers in real life don't keep beards nah]. Honestly i have never been too comfortable with Pastors keeping beards especially the ones I hold so much in high esteem.

As for marrying a wife who cannot pray for more than one hour, the baba de talk true o, in these hard times, if you are married and your wife cannot pray for even two hours sef, OYO na your case. Only married folks know better.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Teeeecash(m): 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2016
Fedayeen02:
onye muslim why can't you focus on muslim thread.

A moderate muslim wants a Muslim Fanatic to kill you.
YEAP..dats my wish for you , i pray you come across a muslim fanatic that will behead you. . #idiot

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by adedayoa2(f): 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2016
hungryboy:
grin e be like sey you don see Jesus before?
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Percentage1: 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2016
Can someone tell our daddy adeboye that I ve not seen any where in the bible what he is talking about.pls. Man of god quote the bible as your authority.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by adedayoa2(f): 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
Olarajee:
Nonsense . Whose teaching are they following? That of Jesus or Adeboye?

Real men grow beards!
guy, na your own Jesus be that? abi na movie Jesus?
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Fedayeen02: 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
Teeeecash:
YEAP..dats my wish for you , i pray you come across a muslim fanatic that will behead you. . #idiot
funny religion
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Temysteve(m): 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
Vanquay:
Marry a girl that spends 3 hours praying, when hunger knocks on the door the idìots will start blaming Goat And yam theory and Buharinomics.

Of course, God has destined your Dream wife to be a Redeemed? This rubbish is nauseating.

Stupid man...Stupid followers...Stupid congregation.

If Jesus and his disciples existed historically, then they wouldn't have the time or money for Grooming and like every Middle Eastern male probably had beards.

Shame I thought this man was a wise Pastor Fraudster
hmmm, Hosea 4 V 6 Says ''My people perish because they lack knowledge''
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Phobia1: 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
mamaafrik:
Baba is offering advice.............,i feel itz not a sin to localizes principle of religion to suit out local assembly and environment,the bible say "flee from all appearance of evil(alqaeda)".
buh jesus neva shaved his beard na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Buys A Car For Ada Ehi (Photos) / COZA Pastor: Ese Walter Reacts To Current Alleged Sex Scandal / Woman Teaches Married Couple How To Pray During Sex For God's Blessing At Orgasm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.