Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO (7266 Views)

The Real Meaning Of The Nigerian Army Logo & How The Arabic Script Got There / Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army / Zenith Bank Unveils New Logo: Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by BudeYahooCom: 10:48am On Aug 03, 2016
haffaze777:

Pls how do i (yoruba muslim) stop u from forming ur own country?

Very good, you don't care about Biafra today, the yoruba in you will soon care about it tommorow and throw tantrums about IPOB tommorow. Should we bet?
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by maclatunji: 11:15am On Aug 03, 2016
Fedayeen02:
You are the ignorant one here. How many northerners speak arabic? How many southerners is arabic part of their culture. Do you know that the population of the Fulani is not more than the number of other tribes in northern Nigeria.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. Don't allow religion to define you taste for knowledge

They can read the script. Even Almajiris whom you call Illiterate can.

You see how bigotry clouds your mind to obvious facts. It is the same reason there was arabic script on the naira before bigots like you cried and got a certain government to have it removed.

It was arabic script communicating Hausa.

Ignorant people like you forming experts are half of Nigeria's problem.

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by Fedayeen02: 11:19am On Aug 03, 2016
maclatunji:

They can read the script. Even Almajiris whom you call Illiterate can.

You see how bigotry clouds your mind to obvious facts. It is the same reason there was arabic script on the naira before bigots like you cried and got a certain government to have it removed.

It was arabic script communicating Hausa.

Ignorant people like you forming experts are half of Nigeria's problem.
stop quoting me. You can bask in your own ignorance but i can't help it
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by kuuljay(m): 11:22am On Aug 03, 2016
BudeYahooCom:

We remember the yoruba muslims who became overnight 'internet christians" to deceive the gullible to vote the bigotted extremist dullard in 2015. Ride on my yoruba muslim 'internet christian' friend. Deceive the gullible ones alone. cheesy
hey kid pls don't quote me if you have nothing rather than show your frustrated miserable life on nairaland, so anyone who opposes your misery is yoruba? Sorry I am not Yoruba and I an enlighted christian
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by BudeYahooCom: 11:34am On Aug 03, 2016
kuuljay:
hey kid pls don't quote me if you have nothing rather than show your frustrated miserable life on nairaland, so anyone who opposes your misery is yoruba? Sorry I am not Yoruba and I an enlighted christian

Your deep Igbo-hating Oyo tribal marks say you are bloody Tajudeen who always crawled out from the crevices of ogbomosho to look for internet connection and good drinking water.
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by kuuljay(m): 11:51am On Aug 03, 2016
BudeYahooCom:

Your deep Igbo-hating Oyo tribal marks say you are bloody Tajudeen who always crawled out from the crevices of ogbomosho to look for internet connection and good drinking water.
See frustration abeg grin grin grin grin I am from kaduna state and I don't hate igbos and I strongly believe the Yorubas or hausas don't hate igbos, the only people who hate igbos are fellow igbos you are so filled of hate that even amongst you,you hardly receive or give each other food for fear of being poisoned and you are gradually infecting other tribes like the Yorubas on nairaland with same virus,there are over two hundred tribes in Nigeria, why is it only igbos cry everyday
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by haffaze777(m): 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2016
BudeYahooCom:

Very good, you don't care about Biafra today, the yoruba in you will soon care about it tommorow and throw tantrums about IPOB tommorow. Should we bet?

What's my business with biafra
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by Kingspin(m): 1:07pm On Aug 03, 2016
DaudaAbu:

''Nasran minallah''
Viictory is from God (Alone)

Didnt you know that Arabic is the most spoken language in Africa?

''Recte sapere fons'' thats the inscription on UI logo. What does it mean hw many people kno what it means? Is it english

I am sure if the writing is in french or spanish nobody would have complained. Which shows your level of hatred for arabic as a language with no just cause.
Is better we have nothing written on the logo. I mean this religious madness should stop in this country.
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by Olarajee(m): 11:52pm On Aug 09, 2016
dubemnaija:

Stop lying Mr man. If you don't know what to write, keep mute. Commenting is not by force

You're dum.b o? You don't knowarabic versions of the bible exists? A simple Google search would cure your ignorance.
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by PaulIdu: 2:08am On Aug 10, 2016
salam8528:
it means Victory comes from God

Wrong it means Victory comes from Allah .
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by Caseless: 3:43am On Aug 10, 2016
dubemnaija:

so fuccking what?? How is the most spoken language in Africa got to do with Nigeria, which is an English state?? Abeg park well jare
why do we have Latin on motto of our schools? Do we speak Latin here?
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by Caseless: 3:44am On Aug 10, 2016
PaulIdu:

Wrong it means Victory comes from Allah .
what's wrong with you people? Allah is not God? Haba
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by PaulIdu: 7:49am On Aug 10, 2016
Caseless:
what's wrong with you people? Allah is not God? Haba

Allah is Allah..let's translate as it is ..it means Victory comes from Allah alone ..no need trying to pacify anybody by using the word God
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by iboboyswag(m): 9:26am On Aug 10, 2016
dubemnaija:
when has Nigeria become an Arabic or Islamic state? Its totally wrong for a country as diverse (in all wise) as Nigeria to have such inscription on its Army's logo. How many Nigerians can even interpret the meaning of that? what purpose does it serve there??

Buruntashi Buratai should answer all of the above questions before I provoke

lalasticlala

Oga you asked an innocent question that had the opportunity to enlighten others but you made mockery of that noble gesture or rather you showed your true intent which is to muster hate when you complained ..... Someone on this thread has explained the true history of the choice of the language and I would suggest that you take that and learn from it.

You mustn't allow hunger and blog traffic make you an apostle of hate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by iboboyswag(m): 9:26am On Aug 10, 2016
dubemnaija:
when has Nigeria become an Arabic or Islamic state? Its totally wrong for a country as diverse (in all wise) as Nigeria to have such inscription on its Army's logo. How many Nigerians can even interpret the meaning of that? what purpose does it serve there??

Buruntashi Buratai should answer all of the above questions before I provoke

lalasticlala

Oga you asked an innocent question that had the opportunity to enlighten others but you made mockery of that noble gesture or rather you showed your true intent which is to muster hate when you complained ..... Someone on this thread has explained the true history of the choice of the language and I would suggest that you take that and learn from it.

You mustn't allow hunger and blog traffic make you an apostle if hate.
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by Caseless: 10:09am On Aug 10, 2016
PaulIdu:

Allah is Allah..let's translate as it is ..it means Victory comes from Allah alone ..no need trying to pacify anybody by using the word God
don't be shallow. Answer my question. So an English man in whose language God means Allah should avoid calling God simply because you think the way you think.
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by PaulIdu: 10:50am On Aug 10, 2016
Caseless:
don't be shallow. Answer my question. So an English man in whose language God means Allah should avoid calling God simply because you think the way you think.

If that's the case the inscription should have been written in English originally...translate it how you will for someone in Kano . VICTORY COMES FROM ALLAH ALONE. Allah can only be Allah God is generic anybody from Hindus to Buddist have their Idea of who their God is and Muslim also are very clear on who almighty Allah is to them ..let's stop trying to be socially correct
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by Rafob(m): 12:05pm On Aug 10, 2016
You just see it or they just put it there ah nawa for Nigerian o o o
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by AnanseK(m): 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2020
An Urhobo officer General David Akpode Ejoor introduced the Islamic (Arabic) inscription and the Star emblem into the Nigeria Army crest. Meanwhile, Reno and co have been lying and spinning everything upside down since.

I think this is worth reading...

There was this controversy on the "Islamic" writings and "Star of David" on our military badge... Here, General David Akpode Ejoor explains in detail how he incorporated these symbols. I hope this puts to rest the unnecessary misunderstanding and dust it gathered when some folks raised the issue.

Page 16 of his autobiography has details...

" In the colonial days, the cap badge of the army was a palm tree. This could be interpreted to represent the wealth of the country which the British were to exploit. For that reason, the palm tree had to go. Besides, the Action Group party had a palm tree as its symbol, and it was important that the army and a political party should not have the same symbol. My job was to seek a new meaningful design for the cap badge of the Nigerian Army. I set to work."

"In seeking a new design, I was anxious that the symbol should reflect the duty of the army and should be capable of inspiring officers and men. As I searched, I remembered the battle between the British and the Sokoto forces in 1903. At that battle, the Sokoto forces had carried the Sultan's flag with an Arabic inscription on it. That Arabic inscription I learnt meant, "VICTORY IS FROM GOD ALONE". This, I thought was an excellent symbol that had meaning and could inspire. What is more, the British had themselves incorporated the symbol into the regimental colour which the Nigerian Regiment carried on parade. I decided to incorporate the Arabic INSCRIPTION INTO THE CAP BADGE TO REPRESENT DEFENCE..."

Next, I searched for a symbol that would depict unity. I found and answer in Lugard's interlaced triangles which he designed at the amalgamation to represent the coming together of NORTHERN and SOUTHERN NIGERIA. In choosing this symbol for the Nigerian Army cap badge, I hoped it would remind the Nigerian Soldier that his duty was to defend the unity and integrity of his country. I now had two symbols representing DEFENCE AND UNITY."

Now, for something that could inspire the army in it's task of defending the nation, I landed on the idea of the Eagle. Again this was not original. The nation had chosen the eagle as national emblem. The eagle is a powerful bird, indeed, the king of birds. It thus represented strength. The eagle had a reputation, when once had located it's prey, of swooping and striking swiftly, accurately and decidedly- qualities which the Nigerian army should strive to achieve.

Having decided on these symbols, my next task was to get an artist to put them together into a unified design for the cap badge of the Nigerian Army. This was eventually done. Then I was required to defend my design before the ministerial committee.

The committee was made up of three Ministers.

1: Muhammadu Ribadu (Defence)
2: Festus Okotie-Eboh (Finance)
3: Yar'adua (Works and Housing).

It was awe-inspiring to have to appear before these great names of the First Republic. I had to defend the design. I remember that was when I got to the interlaced triangle, Ribadu and Yar'adua exchanged glances and showed some concern. Now I know why. The interlaced triangles also represented the star of David- the symbol of Israel. This alarmed the two Muslim ministers. Fortunately for me, there was the Arabic inscription. This, although at the time I was not thinking in terms of Islam and Christianity, my design happened to incorporate symbols that could be associated with those two religions. Just as well, perhaps. At the end of my defence, the design was approved. I thus left a permanent mark on part of the uniform of the Nigerian Army. This is a rare privilege for any serving officer. I thank God for affording me that opportunity...

Source: REMINISCENCES by David Akpode Ejoor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Money Misappropriated In 2016 Budget – Dogara / Only 10 Out Of 45 Registered Political Parties In Nigeria Have Websites / President Buhari Returns To Abuja From COP24 Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.