Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO (7264 Views)

The Real Meaning Of The Nigerian Army Logo & How The Arabic Script Got There / Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army / Zenith Bank Unveils New Logo: Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by dubemnaija: 11:25am On Aug 02, 2016
when has Nigeria become an Arabic or Islamic state? Its totally wrong for a country as diverse (in all wise) as Nigeria to have such inscription on its Army's logo. How many Nigerians can even interpret the meaning of that? what purpose does it serve there??

Buruntashi Buratai should answer all of the above questions before I provoke

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by HtwoOw: 11:29am On Aug 02, 2016
Go to the nearest Army barracks and ask grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by ENDTIMELIFE: 11:30am On Aug 02, 2016
Ok let me ask my Oga on top, he should be able to provide the answer because am not permitted to say it in public grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by dubemnaija: 11:39am On Aug 02, 2016
HtwoOw:

there are no army barracks in my state. we only have police barracks. Can I go to police barracks and ask them??

3 Likes

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by HtwoOw: 11:45am On Aug 02, 2016
dubemnaija:

there are no army barracks in my state. we only have police barracks. Can I go to police barracks and ask them??

Sure, they'll take you to the next available barracks for free

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by dubemnaija: 11:48am On Aug 02, 2016
HtwoOw:

Sure, they'll take you to the next available barracks for free

ok. let me dress up and come and be going
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by HtwoOw: 11:57am On Aug 02, 2016
Ppack your bags , write you will ... Bon voyage grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
dubemnaija:

ok. let me dress up and come and be going
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by Nomswag: 12:17pm On Aug 02, 2016
dubemnaija:
when has Nigeria become an Arabic or Islamic state? Its totally wrong for a country as diverse (in all wise) as Nigeria to have such inscription on its Army's logo. How many Nigerians can even interpret the meaning of that? what purpose does it serve there??

lalasticlala
VICTORY COMES FROM GOD

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:18pm On Aug 02, 2016
Why do some people ask questions they can easily get answers for from google?

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by EmeeNaka: 12:28pm On Aug 02, 2016
It means,' Nigeria is Islamic Country'

17 Likes

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by wowmenow: 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
It means be loyal to Mohammed first before Nigeria

Islamization continues

6 Likes

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by maclatunji: 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2016
To give bigots like you an headache.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by DaudaAbu(m): 12:44pm On Aug 02, 2016
''Nasran minallah''
Viictory is from God (Alone)

Didnt you know that Arabic is the most spoken language in Africa?

''Recte sapere fons'' thats the inscription on UI logo. What does it mean hw many people kno what it means? Is it english

I am sure if the writing is in french or spanish nobody would have complained. Which shows your level of hatred for arabic as a language with no just cause.

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by francs23: 12:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
DaudaAbu:

''Nasran minallah''

''Recte sapere fons'' thats the inscription on UI logo. What does it mean hw many people kno what it means? Is it english

I am sure if the writing is in french or spanish nobody would have complained. Which shows your level of hatred for arabic as a language with no just cause.
If thats what it means then i agree with u

6 Likes

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by Femich18(m): 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2016
HtwoOw:
Lol...And Make satan catch am make him go ask the Sadists and religious bigots that means people will tell the story on his behalf
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by dubemnaija: 1:00pm On Aug 02, 2016
DaudaAbu:

so fuccking what?? How is the most spoken language in Africa got to do with Nigeria, which is an English state?? Abeg park well jare

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by dubemnaija: 1:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
maclatunji:
To give bigots like you an headache.

so am a bigot now coz I asked a simple question? Dont lemme insult you o

15 Likes

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 02, 2016
Was this a recent modification to the uniform?
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by ore16: 1:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
HtwoOw:

Best Answer .
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by xprezboy: 1:11pm On Aug 02, 2016
it means. ..northern Nigeria army will surely conquered the south.
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 02, 2016
assistance from God
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by boss1310(m): 1:36pm On Aug 02, 2016
Its common knowledge that Nigerian army was islamised after 66 counter coup

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by AgentOrange: 1:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
DaudaAbu:

'[s]'Nasran minallah''

I am sure if the writing is in french or spanish nobody would have complained. Which shows your level of hatred for arabic as a language with no just cause.[/s]

Nigeria was colonised by the Brotish not Arabs for goodness sakes.

English is our official language in this country and English ought to have been used to write any inscriptions pertaining to our military.

Gosh!!!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by AgentOrange: 1:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Why do some people ask questions they can easily get answers for from google?

Was it not supposed to have been written in English being our official language?

3 Likes

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by tdayof(m): 1:55pm On Aug 02, 2016
dubemnaija:

lalasticlala

OP try and learn. The Arabic script has been there even before Burutai was born.
Nasrunminallah meaning Victory Comes From God Alone

This particular motto was inscribed on the banner under which the Nigerian indigenous forces battled against the invading colonial forces. It symbolizes the fact that the Nigerian Army stands to defend the territorial integrity of the country at all times. The motto was formerly that of Shehu Usman Dan Fodio, head of the Sokoto Caliphate. Contrary to what many think, the inclusion of the Arabic motto was not done singlehandedly by General Muhammadu Buhari (now president) or by northern elders but by the British.

The original reason for Arabic was that Frederick Lugard (who was the first Commander of the West African Frontier Force (1897 – 99) and later the first High Commissioner of Northern Nigeria (1899 – 1906); and later the Governor of the protectorates of Northern and Southern Nigeria (1912 – 1914); and finally the first Governor General of post-amalgamation Nigeria (1914 – 1919 ); identified Arabic the only written “indigenous” language anywhere in Nigeria/West Africa, particularly among the widely spread Hausa trader class across the region. (See Lugard report to Parliament, 1919) Arabic inscriptions were, therefore, used as symbols, not only for currency but even on official West African Frontier Force badges etc… which persist until today in Nigerian Army badges etc…

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by dubemnaija: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2016
tdayof:

OP try and learn.

thats exactly what am doing
Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by excanny: 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2016
Defeat comes from Satan, right?

Soludo did well to remove the ones on the naira. These people plan na to islamize Nigerians silently.

Nigeria was setup by the Westerners(Brittish) so whatever we do must be in the western style and language.

6 Likes

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by 8kingz(m): 2:48pm On Aug 02, 2016
AgentOrange:

English is our official language in this country and English ought to have been used to write any inscriptions pertaining to our military.

Gosh!!!
Other languages apart from English has been used to write different slogans and inscriptions in Nigeria for long.E.g unilorin here it is probitas doctrina (honesty and learning) ...y nt get angry over dat or stalus pupili supremalex inscriptions on legal organisation....its simply ur islamophobisim dats disturbing u...meanwhile wa min nasrul illabillai means victory comes from God alone

4 Likes

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by haffaze777(m): 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
Bigots full here no be small

1 Like

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by Acepen(m): 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
AgentOrange:

Gosh!!!
some one just gave us the meaning **** the inscription is arabic so what, is arabic the devils language?u are against it because the language is spoken mainly by muslems,some **** folks lyk u are so blinded by religious hate.:-/

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by haffaze777(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
8kingz:

Other languages apart from English has been used to write different slogans and inscriptions in Nigeria for long.E.g unilorin here it is probitas doctrina (honesty and learning) ...y nt get angry over dat or stalus pupili supremalex inscriptions on legal organisation....its simply ur islamophobisim dats disturbing u

Well said,most of dem think anything Arabic is automatic Islam,I don't even know how most of dem manage to sleep in d night with dia level of hatred

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO by drss2(m): 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
dubemnaija:

lalasticlala
d arabic writing is a religious inscription. it means ''victory belongs to allah''.
u den wonder wen nigerian army personel started serving allah instead of nigerians. u see why nigerian army was used as a tool to attack shiites
dis con3 is a huge joke!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafran Recognition By Hollywood / Mid Term Report : Utomi, Others Rate Sanwo-Olu's Administration High / Nairaland Doesn't Support Nigeria Breakup:Stop Using Ijaw militants as decoy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.