Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Share Your Birth Control/family Planning Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Birth Control/family Planning Experience (6096 Views)

Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) / The Future Of Male Birth Control ;D / The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Birth Control/family Planning Experience by darmilolah(m): 1:16pm On Aug 02, 2016
We have a son that is just 4 months.

My wife always take emergency pills e.g combination after intercourse.

I don't think that's how other couples go about it.

Experience couples in the house. Please share your wealth of experience on birth control and family planning and how to go about it and method.

How did you go about your birth control and how effective it has been.
Re: Share Your Birth Control/family Planning Experience by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2016
[size=15pt]Here to read comments and learn cheesy cool[/size]
Re: Share Your Birth Control/family Planning Experience by yvelchstores(f): 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2016
hi op. I am not experienced per say. we have a one year old. we went to d hospital, they gave us a booklet, I went home n compared my options. I went for implanon. they are all free, here in abuja general hospitals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Birth Control/family Planning Experience by SEETHEM: 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2016
Women do go through a lot when it comes to family planning. All the family planning methods do have their negative effect on the body system of the woman.

It will be appropriate for your wife to visit any health centre around your area to get lectured by the medical personel in charge. They are really good in this aspect and it comes at cheaper price as compared to private hospitals.

There is none of those family planning methods have not tried out. Once i notice i can not cope with one, i switch to another. The way the body system reacts also differs. Now i just removed the implant that was fixed for three years and i fixed another one.

Some women can actually add or lose weight when on a particular method. Some can bleed for
weeks during menstruation though the bleeding can be controlled by visiting the health centre.

The use of drug after intercourse to me might not be the best.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Birth Control/family Planning Experience by byvan03: 5:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
Taking emergency contraceptive as a family planning method is not encouraged at all. She should go for IUCD or implanon. Implanon doesn't sit well with everyone, some could barely survive a month on implanon. Some can't conceive while breastfeeding though.
Re: Share Your Birth Control/family Planning Experience by darmilolah(m): 5:56pm On Aug 02, 2016
Thanks for all the contributions. Let's keep them coming.
Re: Share Your Birth Control/family Planning Experience by blessedindeed: 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2016
I ve been on and off IUCD since 2008, it's been very ok and effective for me maybe because it's non hormonal. Each time we are ready for another child I remove it and fix it back 2month s after delivery.

I fixed the current since 2012 til now no stress at all. In my opinion, non hormone is d best cos u don't need wait for Ur body to return to normal before conception happens, chances of pregnancy same month of removal is higher talking from my experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Birth Control/family Planning Experience by realtalk19: 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
darmilolah:

Experience couples in the house. Please share your wealth of experience on birth control and family planning and how to go about it and method.

no birth control asides condoms once a while. bin having sex 2 months after delivery of my daughter.shes 4 now.lol

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Birth Control/family Planning Experience by blessedindeed: 7:17pm On Aug 02, 2016
I have been on and off IUCD since 2008. This method to me has been working for me maybe because it's non hormonal. Each time we are ready for another child I remove it and fix it back 2months after delivery. With this method the woman need not to wait for her system to return to normal before conception happens because it's very possible for her the same month she removed t talking from my experience.

[/quote]
Re: Share Your Birth Control/family Planning Experience by Iolite(f): 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2016
realtalk19:

no birth control asides condoms once a while. bin having sex 2 months after delivery of my daughter.shes 4 now.lol

Please work with this or better still withdrawal method. Let her not go for any family planning yet o, they all have side effect, made me had miscarriage. Even schweps immediatly after helps to an extent.
Re: Share Your Birth Control/family Planning Experience by Popsicle: 9:58am On Aug 04, 2016
Popping pills always is not the best. If your wife has a well timed regular menstrual flow, tell her to download Lady timer app from Google play store. The app works by she determining if she wants to get pregnant, avoid pregnancy or just monitoring her cycle. It tells her when she's fertile, ovulating, safe time to have intercourse ranging from high risk, medium and low risk.

But most importantly you have to work TOGETHER so as to achieve your objective.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Birth Control/family Planning Experience by LewsTherin: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2016
Condoms and self control.

We've been married 5 years and have just 1 child. As planned.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Birth Control/family Planning Experience by Trishh: 12:03pm On Nov 29, 2017
please someone needs advice here on birth control. click link to join conversation. strictly for the ladies
http://www.thewomandiary.com/the-woman-diary-forum/pregnancy/birth-control/

(1) (Reply)

Addresing Hubby's Toilet Manners! / 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? / Why Will You Want To Sleep With Another Man's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.