Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,507 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? (6119 Views)

Is It A Wise Idea To Sue My Wife? / 23-year-old Law Student Gets A Mercedes Benz From Her Mother As Birthday Gift / Woman Photoshops Late Husband To Family Pictures To Celebrate His 40th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by sisisioge: 10:48am On Jan 28, 2020
Hello people, my uncle's wife is about to celebrate her 40th birthday and he wonders what special gift or special thing he could do for her. Please note that they live abroad, each have their car and phone and are basically living low key.

There won't be a big party, just a parlour thing and he would be doing the cooking. He initially wanted me to get a nice low cost singer/abi na comedian to do a one minute video skit for her but I think that won't impress her biko. So he asked me to bring out ideas...what would you ladies want for your birthday? What would you gentlemen gift your loving babes for her 40th? Please help...many thanks.

Additional note: the babe like paparazzi small sha cheesy

1 Like

Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by nlPoster: 11:00am On Jan 28, 2020
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 28, 2020
A very nice Jewelry box if she loves Jewelries.

Any special customized gift

A box of a very good sexy Cloth with a shoe and a very sweet writing on a small card.

Dinner dates.

I still remain your Lagos personal shopper.
I source everything and Anything.
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by sisisioge: 11:27am On Jan 28, 2020
nlPoster:
https://www.realsimple.com/holidays-entertaining/gifts/for-her/gift-ideas-for-women

Lovely... I actually do love the glove boots. Thank you. Although, most of those gifts there, apart from the perfumes, are kinda oyinboish. Scarfs, jeans pants, kimono, yoga mat, etc...I was thinking more traditional. She's a naija babe who hasn't forgotten home one bit. This chick packs naija knorr, close up toothpaste, crayfish and so many things naija any time she comes home fa.

What would you want to be gifted by your husband for your birthday? For instance, no one can go wrong with perfumes for me...you can even burst my head with the gift pack. You nko, what do you like?

2 Likes

Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by sisisioge: 11:32am On Jan 28, 2020
ShopLagos:
A very nice Jewelry box if she loves Jewelries.

Any special customized gift

A box of a very good sexy Cloth with a shoe and a very sweet writing on a small card.

Dinner dates.

I still remain your Lagos personal shopper.
I source everything and Anything.

Hmmmm...thank you. I will just send the link to him to read eventually.
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by babythug(f): 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2020
Get a saxophonist or violinist to play the birthday song and a few other songs for her

Bouquet of money

Customised pillow with her photo on it

Jewellery

He can upgrade her phone

Spa day - massage, facials the works

Designer bag and shoes

3 Likes

Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by Coolcalmcollect(m): 10:33pm On Jan 28, 2020
sisisioge:
Hello people, my uncle's wife is about to celebrate her 40th birthday and he wonders what special gift or special thing he could do for her. Please note that they live abroad, each have their car and phone and are basically living low key.

There won't be a big party, just a parlour thing and he would be doing the cooking. He initially wanted me to get a nice low cost singer/abi na comedian to do a one minute video skit for her but I think that won't impress her biko. So he asked me to bring out ideas...what would you ladies want for your birthday? What would you gentlemen gift your loving babes for her 40th? Please help...many thanks.

a trip to borno ....
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by bukatyne(f): 10:34pm On Jan 28, 2020
sisisioge:

If he can, a weekend getaway with all the works.
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by sisisioge: 10:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
bukatyne:

If he can, a weekend getaway with all the works.

Hmmmm...sounds interesting. I will definitely send him this thread link. Thanks a ton.
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by sisisioge: 10:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
babythug:
Get a saxophonist or violinist to play the birthday song and a few other songs for her

Bouquet of money

Jewellery

He can upgrade her phone

Designer bag and shoes

Hmmm...see ideas! I love the saxophonist singing the happy birthday song thing. Thanks a ton. I will pass it on.

1 Like

Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by johndill419: 11:39pm On Jan 28, 2020
On my wife’s fortieth birthday, I made her a wonderful gift. I booked a full day spa for her and her friends. Acquired relaxing massage oils sunday scaries https://naturalwellnesscbdoil.com/brand-reviews/sunday-scaries/. And sent them to relax. For her, these were amazing emotions, and we use oil for home massage.

2 Likes

Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by Mattsilva: 11:54pm On Jan 28, 2020
Your UNCLE abi, na your uncle..?
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by cococandy(f): 12:51am On Jan 29, 2020
A gift from Chanel is always pleasing to me.

Chanel is classy and understated

1 Like

Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by Raalsalghul: 1:32am On Jan 29, 2020
sisisioge:

Lovely... I actually do love the glove boots. Thank you. Although, most of those gifts there, apart from the perfumes, are kinda oyinboish. Scarfs, jeans pants, kimono, yoga mat, etc...I was thinking more traditional. She's a naija babe who hasn't forgotten home one bit. This chick packs naija knorr, close up toothpaste, crayfish and so many things naija any time she comes home fa.

What would you want to be gifted by your husband for your birthday? For instance, no one can go wrong with perfumes for me...you can even burst my head with the gift pack. You nko, what do you like?

Which one is "Fa" undecided

3 Likes

Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by baby124: 1:58am On Jan 29, 2020
A day at the Spa and then she comes home to dinner. He should try to get some cooking lessons to cook her something nice that she will like, if he’s not a good cook. When she arrives home he can have a violinist play the happy birthday tune for her and, they (kids and hubby) welcome her with flowers and gifts.
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by sisisioge: 6:35am On Jan 29, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Which one is "Fa" undecided

grin grin grin grin

It's a Yoruba word.
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by babythug(f): 10:49am On Jan 29, 2020
He can get a portrait of her done or enlarge a beautiful photo of her

He can hire a professional chef to make a three course meal for her/them all at home.

He can send her gifts weekly until the birthday .

Or from four days, daily until the actual birthday

4 Likes

Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by Kendumazy(m): 11:03am On Jan 29, 2020
OK naww
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by chival(f): 2:51pm On Jan 29, 2020
If I were the one, I'd love an upgrade on my car and a romantic dinner date with hubby, nothing too elaborate. If she's into the photo shoot thingy, then organize one for her. Photo shoots are not my cup of tea though.
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by chival(f): 2:52pm On Jan 29, 2020
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin

It's a Yoruba word.

That word is actually an Hausa word.

1 Like

Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by eyinjuege: 3:28pm On Jan 29, 2020
Get her: 1. tickets to a spa to pamper herself. Facials, waxing, massage and all what not.
2. Of course flowers and a box of chocolates will naturally follow
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by eyinjuege: 3:29pm On Jan 29, 2020
chival:

Fa is not a hausa word.
Hausas use more of bah
Fa is common amongst Kwara people though

2 Likes

Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by chival(f): 4:03pm On Jan 29, 2020
eyinjuege:

Fa is not a hausa word.
Hausas use more of bah
Fa is common amongst Kwara people though
Fa is an Hausa word and I know this because I lived in the north for a while and speak a bit of the language. The reason the word is used by Kwara people is because they were influenced by the influx of northerners when Ilorin became an emirate. There are several northern influences in Kwara state in particular that have over the years trickled down into the west. 'Fa' is a word that originated in the North, was made popular in Kwara state and from there trickled to other parts of Yoruba land.

Hausa speakers on Nairaland please pitch in.
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by sisisioge: 5:39pm On Jan 29, 2020
chival:

So you know but you just wanted to drag me ba grin? Biko follow our page on IG( kindly check my profile)to see us cooking the different dishes and words in Nigeria, Africa and the world as whole.

As a bonus :
Ba is an igbo word for right
Biko is an Hausa word for please wink
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by Mizwisdom(f): 5:47pm On Jan 29, 2020
Buy a Car if he has money, buy three beautiful designer dresses or buy gold necklaces; bracelets and watch.
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by ImaIma1(f): 8:52pm On Jan 29, 2020
sisisioge:

You could check out royalhugssurprises on Instagram. They organize surprises

1 Like

Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by sisisioge: 2:46am On Jan 30, 2020
ImaIma1:

You could check out royalhugssurprises on Instagram. They organize surprises

Okies...thanks a ton! Will do right away.
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by sisisioge: 2:47am On Jan 30, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Buy a Car if he has money, buy three beautiful designer dresses or buy gold necklaces; bracelets and watch.

Hmmm...I will pass it along for consideration. Thanks a ton!
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by Lmaomen1(m): 8:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
Gift baskets filled with fruits, chocolates and alcohol will definitely please her. It won’t cost him so much money, but she will definitely enjoy unpacking all the gift baskets. Also, would be great to fill one basket with her favorite books, in case she is fond of reading. Trust me, when he’ll see how she unpacks so many baskets with a sparkle and tears in her eyes, then he’ll understand that he made the right choice. In addition to baskets a pair of silver earrings which aren’t expensive will be a wonderful and special attachment. All in all, I think you can choose something from all advice. Good luck!
Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 8:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
As they've been together for quite long and can afford almost anything, so material things just won't cut it.
I would've suggested to gift her a new memory, to take her to a place they've both never been before, just the two of them, but restricted movement wouldn't allow that.

3 Likes

Re: 40th Birthday Gift Idea To A Well Deserving Wife? by AlphaMogul: 2:26am On Oct 27, 2021
babythug:

Bouquet of money

Jewellery

He can upgrade her phone

Designer bag and shoes
That's a mad cool list!

Let me add some more...

1. The saxophonist and/or violinist
songs are classic, and would evoke intensely memorable feelings.

2. A "personalized" piece of jewellery.

3. Spa day at a scenic beach resort... "Cream of the crop." wink

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? / My Journey To Ikoyi Prison / My Neighbour (female) Sleeps With Light On Every Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.