Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

PERFECT Physics(romance Thriller) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / PERFECT Physics(romance Thriller) (2601 Views)

THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller / "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. / Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PERFECT Physics(romance Thriller) by TeenWeb: 1:18pm On Aug 02, 2016
Storyline: Perfect Physics (Perfect Physics #1) A fresh, urban twist on the classic tale of star-crossed lovers. When Juila walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created 'perfect' life is about to unravel before her eyes. She's forced to be lab partners with Lanre, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for: her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Lanre is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Julia into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Lanre realizes Juila is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more. In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Tobi Williams breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep juila and Lanre apart.

1 Like

Re: PERFECT Physics(romance Thriller) by TeenWeb: 1:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
Episode 1 Everyone knows I'm perfect. My life is perfect. My clothes are perfect. Even my family is perfect. And although it's a complete lie, I've worked my butt off to keep up the appearance that I have it all. The truth, if it were to come out, would destroy my entire picture- perfect image. Standing in front of my bathroom mirror while music blares from my speakers(Konkobility by Olamide), I wipe away the third crooked line I've drawn beneath my eye. My hands are shaking, damn it. Starting senior year of high school and seeing my boyfriend after Hoildays apart shouldn't be so nerve-racking, but I've gotten off to a disastrous start. First, my curling iron sent up smoke signals and died. Then the button on my favorite shirt popped off. Now, my eyeliner decides it has a mind of its own. If I had any choice in the matter, I'd stay in my comfy bed and eat Indomie Noodles all day. "Julia, come down," I faintly hear my mom yelling Downstairs. My first instinct is to ignore her, but that never gets me anything but arguments, headaches, and more yelling. "I'll be there in a sec," I call down, hoping I can get this eyeliner to go on straight and be done with it. Finally getting it right, I toss the eyeliner tube on the counter, double and triple check myself in the mirror, turn off my stereo, and hurry down the hallway. My mom is standing at the bottom of our grand staircase, scanning my outfit. I straighten. I know, I know. I'm eighteen and shouldn't care what my mom thinks. But you haven't lived in tHe Williams house. My mom has anxiety. Not the kind easily controlled with little blue pills. And when my mom is stressed, everyone living with her suffers. I think that's why my dad goes to work before she gets up in the morning, so he doesn't have to deal with, well, her. "Hate the Jeans, love the belt," Mom says, pointing her index finger at each item. "And that noise you call music was giving me a headache. Thank goodness it's off." "Good morning to you, too, Mother," I say before walking down the stairs and giving her a peck on the cheek. The smell of my mom's strong perfume stings my nostrils the closer I get. She already looks like a million bucks in her Calvin Klein Label tennis dress. No one can point a finger and criticize her outfit, that's for sure. "I bought your favorite muffin for the first day of school," Mom says, pulling out a bag from behind her back. "No, thanks," I say, looking around for my sister. "Where's Rose?" "In the kitchen." "Is her new caretaker here yet?" "Her name is Lola, and no. She's coming in an hour." "Did you tell her wool irritates Rose skin? And that she pulls hair?" She's always let it be known in her nonverbal cues she gets irritated by the feeling of wool on her skin. Pulling hair is her new thing, and it has caused a few disasters. Disasters in my house are about as pretty as a car wreck, so avoiding them is crucial. "Yes. And yes. I gave your sister an earful this morning, Julia. If she keeps acting up, we'll find ourselves out of another caretaker." I walk into the kitchen, not wanting to hear my mother go on and on about her theories of why Rose lashes out. Rose is sitting at the table in her wheelchair, busily eating her specially blended food because, even at the age of twenty, my sister doesn't have the ability to chew and swallow like people without her physical limitations. As usual, the food has found its way onto her chin, lips, and cheeks. "Hey, Russy," I say, leaning over her and wiping her face with a napkin. "It's the first day of school. Wish me luck." Rose holds jerky arms out and gives me a lopsided smile. I love that smile. "You want to give me a hug?" I ask her, knowing she does. The doctors always tell us the more interaction Rose gets, the better off she'll be. Rose nods. I fold myself in her arms, careful to keep her hands away from my hair. When I straighten, my mom gasps. It sounds to me like a referee's whistle, halting my life. "Julia, you can't go to school like that." "Like what?" She shakes her head and sighs in frustration. "Look at your shirt." Glancing down, I see a large wet spot on the front of my white Calvin Klein shirt. Oops. Rose drool. One look at my sister's drawn face tells me what she can't easily put into words. Rose is sorry. Rose didn't mean to mess up my outfit. "It's no biggie," I tell her, although in the back of my mind I know it screws up my "perfect" look. Frowning, my mom wets a paper towel at the sink and dabs at the spot. It makes me feel like a two-year-old. "Go upstairs and change." "Mom, it was just a stain," I say, treading carefully so this doesn't turn into a full-blown yelling match. The last thing I want to do is make my sister feel bad. "Just a stain. You don't want people thinking y... Forums ... Literature Ayink New Member Ayink New Member

1 Like

Re: PERFECT Physics(romance Thriller) by TeenWeb: 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2016
Episode 1 Everyone knows I'm perfect. My life is perfect. My clothes are perfect. Even my family is perfect. And although it's a complete lie, I've worked my butt off to keep up the appearance that I have it all. The truth, if it were to come out, would destroy my entire picture- perfect image. Standing in front of my bathroom mirror while music blares from my speakers(Konkobility by Olamide), I wipe away the third crooked line I've drawn beneath my eye. My hands are shaking, damn it. Starting senior year of high school and seeing my boyfriend after Hoildays apart shouldn't be so nerve-racking, but I've gotten off to a disastrous start. First, my curling iron sent up smoke signals and died. Then the button on my favorite shirt popped off. Now, my eyeliner decides it has a mind of its own. If I had any choice in the matter, I'd stay in my comfy bed and eat Indomie Noodles all day. "Julia, come down," I faintly hear my mom yelling Downstairs. My first instinct is to ignore her, but that never gets me anything but arguments, headaches, and more yelling. "I'll be there in a sec," I call down, hoping I can get this eyeliner to go on straight and be done with it. Finally getting it right, I toss the eyeliner tube on the counter, double and triple check myself in the mirror, turn off my stereo, and hurry down the hallway. My mom is standing at the bottom of our grand staircase, scanning my outfit. I straighten. I know, I know. I'm eighteen and shouldn't care what my mom thinks. But you haven't lived in tHe Williams house. My mom has anxiety. Not the kind easily controlled with little blue pills. And when my mom is stressed, everyone living with her suffers. I think that's why my dad goes to work before she gets up in the morning, so he doesn't have to deal with, well, her. "Hate the Jeans, love the belt," Mom says, pointing her index finger at each item. "And that noise you call music was giving me a headache. Thank goodness it's off." "Good morning to you, too, Mother," I say before walking down the stairs and giving her a peck on the cheek. The smell of my mom's strong perfume stings my nostrils the closer I get. She already looks like a million bucks in her Calvin Klein Label tennis dress. No one can point a finger and criticize her outfit, that's for sure. "I bought your favorite muffin for the first day of school," Mom says, pulling out a bag from behind her back. "No, thanks," I say, looking around for my sister. "Where's Rose?" "In the kitchen." "Is her new caretaker here yet?" "Her name is Lola, and no. She's coming in an hour." "Did you tell her wool irritates Rose skin? And that she pulls hair?" She's always let it be known in her nonverbal cues she gets irritated by the feeling of wool on her skin. Pulling hair is her new thing, and it has caused a few disasters. Disasters in my house are about as pretty as a car wreck, so avoiding them is crucial. "Yes. And yes. I gave your sister an earful this morning, Julia. If she keeps acting up, we'll find ourselves out of another caretaker." I walk into the kitchen, not wanting to hear my mother go on and on about her theories of why Rose lashes out. Rose is sitting at the table in her wheelchair, busily eating her specially blended food because, even at the age of twenty, my sister doesn't have the ability to chew and swallow like people without her physical limitations. As usual, the food has found its way onto her chin, lips, and cheeks. "Hey, Russy," I say, leaning over her and wiping her face with a napkin. "It's the first day of school. Wish me luck." Rose holds jerky arms out and gives me a lopsided smile. I love that smile. "You want to give me a hug?" I ask her, knowing she does. The doctors always tell us the more interaction Rose gets, the better off she'll be. Rose nods. I fold myself in her arms, careful to keep her hands away from my hair. When I straighten, my mom gasps. It sounds to me like a referee's whistle, halting my life. "Julia, you can't go to school like that." "Like what?" She shakes her head and sighs in frustration. "Look at your shirt." Glancing down, I see a large wet spot on the front of my white Calvin Klein shirt. Oops. Rose drool. One look at my sister's drawn face tells me what she can't easily put into words. Rose is sorry. Rose didn't mean to mess up my outfit. "It's no biggie," I tell her, although in the back of my mind I know it screws up my "perfect" look. Frowning, my mom wets a paper towel at the sink and dabs at the spot. It makes me feel like a two-year-old. "Go upstairs and change." "Mom, it was just a stain," I say, treading carefully so this doesn't turn into a full-blown yelling match. The last thing I want to do is make my sister feel bad. "Just a stain. You don't want people thinking y... Forums ... Literature Ayink New Member Ayink New Member

1 Like

Re: PERFECT Physics(romance Thriller) by Opeoluwa99(f): 4:29pm On Aug 04, 2016
Great! Pls continue
Re: PERFECT Physics(romance Thriller) by chiexcel: 5:55pm On Oct 28, 2017
Pls continue d story na
Re: PERFECT Physics(romance Thriller) by abubakarbabang7(m): 7:45pm On Oct 28, 2017
oya we don land come continue

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Thronekid / Book Summary - Why A Students Work For C Student And B For The Government / SONS OF WAR - THE PROPHET SCI-FI - C2P4 UPDATED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.