Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Taraba Gov. Ishaku Seizes Relief Materials Donated To Internal Displaced Persons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taraba Gov. Ishaku Seizes Relief Materials Donated To Internal Displaced Persons (576 Views)

Ishaku's 800 Anti-Open Grazing Marshals Undergoing Training In Taraba (Photos) / 4 Armoured Personnel Carriers Cars Dickson Donated To Police In Bayelsa (Photos) / Rebecca Ishaku Excited Seeing Released Chibok Girls On TV - Pics/Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taraba Gov. Ishaku Seizes Relief Materials Donated To Internal Displaced Persons by LocalChamp: 5:13pm On Aug 02, 2016
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK AUG 02, 2016
In what seemed a continuation of the acrimony that attended their contest for the Taraba State governorship, the duo of Governor Darius Dickson Ishaku and Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development, Senator Aisha Jummai Alhassan, trade accusations over the distribution of relief materials to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Jalingo, the state capital.

Senator Alhassan, was scheduled to donate the relief items to the IDPs on behalf of the Federal Government. However, the items were seized by officials of the state government.

It is widely believed that the seizure of the relief items was an extension of the feud that arose between Ishaku of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Alhassan, who was the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in last year’s governorship election.

Sources said that hundreds of IDPs, who came from across the 16 local government areas of the state, had gathered at the premises of Federal Science and Technical College Jalingo to receive relief
materials.

But their hopes were dashed when Senator Alhassan, informed them that the 19 trucks of grains allocated to Taraba had been seized by the state government.

“Despite the letters of approval sent to the Taraba government by Federal government, the grains were seized.

“On behalf of Mr. President, let me first thank all the IDPs for investing your time to wait for the relief items.

“I want to urge you to remain law abiding. “The era of impunity is over, and the I want to assure you that the Federal Government will not take kindly to this,” she said.

But when contacted, Governor Isiyaku, speaking through his media aide, Mr. Sylvanus Giwa, said: “The minister is rude and due process was not followed. We expected her to accord the state government due respect, she had refused to even recognize the fact that there is a sitting governor in the state,’’ he said.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/08/02/taraba-governor-ishaku-and-minister-women-affairs-%E2%80%98mama-taraba%E2%80%99-trade-words-over#disqus_thread
Re: Taraba Gov. Ishaku Seizes Relief Materials Donated To Internal Displaced Persons by madridguy(m): 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ok
Re: Taraba Gov. Ishaku Seizes Relief Materials Donated To Internal Displaced Persons by Falopeabimbola(m): 6:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
When two elephant fights the grass suffers
Re: Taraba Gov. Ishaku Seizes Relief Materials Donated To Internal Displaced Persons by wasco24: 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2016
cool
Re: Taraba Gov. Ishaku Seizes Relief Materials Donated To Internal Displaced Persons by Fedayeen02: 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
It is wrong for the Taraba state government to seize the foods for IDP

It is also wrong for Senator Alhassan to bypass the state government since the governor is the leader of the state and deserve to monitor the exercise.

IT IS VERY VERY WRONG TO FORGET THE IDPs in OSUN EKITI AND ABIA STATE.

BUHARI maka why...
Re: Taraba Gov. Ishaku Seizes Relief Materials Donated To Internal Displaced Persons by dullardeen(m): 7:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
Fùck aisha...!

Darius Should keep the materials under lock and key!
Re: Taraba Gov. Ishaku Seizes Relief Materials Donated To Internal Displaced Persons by policy12: 7:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
They shu settle their differences for the sake of the hungry one's, naija polithiefians with power tussle are like..

Re: Taraba Gov. Ishaku Seizes Relief Materials Donated To Internal Displaced Persons by adehsenior(m): 8:15pm On Aug 02, 2016
I want to emphatically say that sahara reporters got it wrong this time with this news headline, they should go and do their findings well, am saying this not because am a politician but because I am resident in jalingo. What happened is that those relief materials were attacked on the way and the goods carted away and were not ceased by the state government. Tell me which sensible government will cease goods meant for IDPS when they are supposed to appreciate the kind act. Aisha just came into town weekend and I believed her loyalist decided to feed her with wrong information, for those of us in jalingo, ask anybody around Tudun Wada area that statement by Aisha that governor Dickson ceased materials meant for relief purposes almost sparked serious fight amongst the supporters of both parties, so I urges sahara reporters to base the reports on facts and not hearsay, I rest my case

(1) (Reply)

Father Nbaka Turns Around To Attack Buhari Over Hunger In The Land / An Amazing Story / Buhari Is Not Nigeria’s Messiah-comrade Olayemi Paul.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.