Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

When Did Laptop Become Cocaine-my Experience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Did Laptop Become Cocaine-my Experience (778 Views)

Dino Melaye: "My Passion Is Automobiles, Others Like Cocaine, Blood, Diamond" / Nigerian Pilgrims’ Cocaine Scandal : Buhari Angry With Ndlea / When Did APC/Buharists Become Patriotic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Did Laptop Become Cocaine-my Experience by timidapsin(m): 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
"You are a criminal, Come to our office tomorrow with your receipt to collect it"
These were the words i was hearing from these policemen...
Time is 7:30Pm this night i am in the middle of a bush begging...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was inside a bus going to stay in a friends place when we got to this police checkpoint, they pointed touch inside the bus and asked me what was in my bag...
My reply was simple "My Cloths and my Laptop"
The next thing he said was "Very good, Come down from the bus" and he instructed the driver to go.
"Open your bag" I opened it, and he removed my laptop and dropped it in their van...
Surprised me asked what i did wrong?

Then he replied "Where is your receipt" , **I was like in my mind: are this people high or what... So i will be moving about with receipt...**
I was left alone with one old man who dropped from the bus and joined me in begging them..

Then one other policeman came to meet me, telling me what i did was a criminal offence...

At this moment i was boiling up.. when did carrying laptop turn to cocaine or hard drugs...

That was when i saw a guy in one corner begging, i asked him what he did, he said they saw him pressing his phone in the bus and asked him to come down... That its wrong to press phone in the bus....

To cut the long story short, i collected my laptop after an hour, but 2k left my wallet..

In summary: Laptop is now regarded as cocaine or hard drugs.. you automatically become a criminal if caught with one... smh 4 Nigeria.

lalasticlala
Re: When Did Laptop Become Cocaine-my Experience by timidapsin(m): 11:07pm On Aug 02, 2016
kinginvahala
Re: When Did Laptop Become Cocaine-my Experience by chumakk: 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2016
So you were not able to take pictures of those guys?
Re: When Did Laptop Become Cocaine-my Experience by timidapsin(m): 11:11pm On Aug 02, 2016
chumakk:
So you were not able to take pictures of those guys?
Pictures?

1 Like

Re: When Did Laptop Become Cocaine-my Experience by Sunofgod(m): 11:12pm On Aug 02, 2016
A nother

P athetic

C alamity

1 Like

Re: When Did Laptop Become Cocaine-my Experience by 0079jaBond(m): 11:13pm On Aug 02, 2016
I think this should be reported if it's true.
Totally unlawful, unprofessional and unacceptable!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Did Laptop Become Cocaine-my Experience by project8(m): 11:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ur own na small..i was once arrested for in front of my gal's house.my offence:we were seated inside my car gisting around 8:30pm or so...though i gave them a thousand naira bt they later regreted well thats story for anoda day.congrats sha they didnt lebel u an armedrobber
Re: When Did Laptop Become Cocaine-my Experience by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
0079jaBond:
I think this should be reported if it's true.

Totally unlawful, unprofessional and unacceptable!
This is the current issue in delta so it's very true.
Re: When Did Laptop Become Cocaine-my Experience by 0079jaBond(m): 11:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
DiMateo:
This is the current issue in delta so it's very true.

The Nigeria Police Force Complaint Response Unit (CRU) needs to see this
Re: When Did Laptop Become Cocaine-my Experience by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
0079jaBond:

The Nigeria Police Force Complaint Response Unit (CRU) needs to see this
why would someone be taken to a police station because of his own laptop. Thats crazy
Re: When Did Laptop Become Cocaine-my Experience by 0079jaBond(m): 11:55pm On Aug 02, 2016
DiMateo:
why would someone be taken to a police station because of his own laptop. Thats crazy

Exactly! Our rights must not be violated.

Op, I humbly urge you to do the needful.
Re: When Did Laptop Become Cocaine-my Experience by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 03, 2016
0079jaBond:

Nigeria is currently really messed up.
Re: When Did Laptop Become Cocaine-my Experience by CHIJIOKE1314: 12:05am On Aug 03, 2016
Whether you like it or not, what they did was right.. .

This is one Nigeriya and you must enjoy it by fire by force..

God forsaken useless country, dominated by foolish black uniform animals in human form...

1 Like

Re: When Did Laptop Become Cocaine-my Experience by timidapsin(m): 5:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
0079jaBond:

the funny thing is that most people started advising me not to be taking my laptop out... from home

(1) (Reply)

Fayose’s Allegations Buried In Aisha Buhari’s $105,000 Hermes Birkin Handbag / NHRC Chairman Blast CBN Governor 4 Subsidizing Dollar Rate 4 Hajj Piligrims(pics / Nigerian Lawyer Reports NBA, Justice Mary Odili To Rwandan President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.