Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,160 members, 7,825,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President (22135 Views)

How Nigeria's Economic Recession Is Affecting West Africa - ECOWAS / President Buhari Receives Benin President Talon / Republic Of Benin President: Nigeria’s Economic Woes Affecting African Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by petmax2020: 10:18am On Aug 03, 2016
Buhari pledges conversion of gas for easy export
Tobi Soniyi in Abuja

The economic meltdown in Nigeria is affecting neighbouring countries, the President of Benin Republic, Patrice Talon, has said.

Talon who is in Nigeria on a one-day visit spoke at a joint press briefing between him and his host, President Muhammadu Buhari.

He lamented that the economic downturn in Nigeria was gradually affecting his country and other nations in the West African sub region.

Describing Nigeria as the engine room of West Africa, Talon challenged Nigeria to begin to explore its non-oil potentials to boost the country’s revenue profile and its standing as a big brother in Africa.

Talon said he was looking forward to reactivatig the existing bilateral relationship between Benin and Nigeria especially in the areas of trade relations, economy, energy development and education.
He pledged to partner Nigeria in dealing with the problem of illicit trade affecting both countries.

Earlier, Buhari has said his administration was considering the possibility of using modern technology to transform gas into liquid form for easy export, especially to the West- African sub-region.

The president also said Nigeria is making efforts to ensure that the West African Gas Pipeline project becomes more efficient to stabilise the energy sectors across the West African sub-region.

Buhari said the government was doing everything possible to stabilise the gas pipelines to enhance electricity supply in Benin and other West African sub-region.

“The economy part of (our discussion) it is mainly energy, making sure that the West African Gas pipeline is made much more efficient. This government is making all the efforts it can to stabilise the situation because the resources are there.

“The world knows that Nigeria has plenty of gas, what we need to do is to stabilise the environment so that this gas can be regularly pumped to the sub-region through the infrastructure already in place.

“Also, the Nigerian energy mixed is not doing too badly as gas can now be converted into liquid form gas, the technology is now available, to transfers to Benin Republic to run their power stations.
“The sad and long standing problem is the question of using Benin as a transit camp to bring a lot of goods into Nigeria.

“Under ECOWAS agreement, all we have to do is to remind ourselves about our respective national commitments that other than reall ECOWAS-originated commodities, we should not allow it. If we get strict on that, I think Nigerian industries would benefit from ECOWAS agreements,’’ he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/08/03/meltdown-in-nigeria-affecting-neighbouring-countries-says-benin-president/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by yanshDoctor: 10:22am On Aug 03, 2016
as they said. there are always advantage and disadvantage to every thing in life. it's not only Benin. other countries USA. UK, and many others are already feeling the hits.

3 Likes

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by caprini1: 10:27am On Aug 03, 2016
No kidding....I was in Ghana , Togo and Benin the better part of July and believe me it's no joke.....the CFA is now 1600 to 1000 naira....you can imagine what this means.Its better you buy everything you need in naija ,than buying a match box in any of these countries.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by petmax2020: 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2016
Wow! Is that so?
caprini1:
No kidding....I was in Ghana , Togo and Benin the better part of July and believe me it's no joke.....the CFA is now 1600 to 1000 naira....you can imagine what this means.Its better you buy everything you need in naija ,than buying a match box in any of these countries.

3 Likes

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by Beadex1(m): 1:20pm On Aug 03, 2016
I won't be forced To believe that The Niger delta AKA 5percent Is The resource base of The whole West Africa.............. Tell me this Is not true mbok

114 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by petmax2020: 3:20pm On Aug 03, 2016
haha, you better wake up!
Beadex1:
I won't be forced To believe that The Niger delta AKA 5percent Is The resource base of The whole West Africa.............. Tell me this Is not true mbok

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by Branzy(m): 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
mynd44 lalasticala
Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by MadeInTokyo: 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
Buhari a.k.a General Cassandra is colossal failure and an Economic disaster to Nigeria and other Africa Countries, that need to be eradicated.

Only zombies and Abobaku still believe that the Nigerian Economy is improving.

The fall of the Nigerian Economy is affecting African Countries negatively.

Buhari is a burukutu drinking, gworo chewing Economic Disaster that neyed to be Eradicated.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by temptnow: 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2016
No be lie o. I remember some oyinbo people in Cotonou were telling me we made mistake in voting buhari. That our bad economy is affecting their car business there. Cos na naija dey buy all the cars there.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by egift(m): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nigeria is a great country our coughing make others catch cold. Nigeria will overcome all its current economic challenges. God bless Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by petmax2020: 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
Cc; Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Semid4lyfe, Obinoscopy come and see oooo

1 Like

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by seunny4lif(m): 5:25pm On Aug 03, 2016
Sai Baba grin grin grin
Where is the minister of darkness self grin grin grin
Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 03, 2016
Instead of them to blame the incompetent man they voted for they're excusing his crass cluelessness as if Nigeria is the only country that exports oil. Are we the only country with insurgence? Better call a spade a spade

29 Likes

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by swaggss: 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nairaland's frontpage and nigeria's economic situation be like

6 Likes

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by akraym(m): 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2016
This is serious
Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by MadeInTokyo: 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2016
Beadex1:

The Buhari Zombies have arrived again

25 Likes

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by tyconcepts(f): 9:06pm On Aug 03, 2016
This is what I was talking about embarassed
Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by omas1(m): 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
grin grin grin they better start looking else where CO's Nigeria has failed us. All thanks to...
#saibuhari
#saibaba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by GenbIoodykiller: 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2016
another ballistic missile in the camp of these perpetual zombies and the perpetual fulani slaves the sophisticated afonjas grin
i love this
frustrating news from the useless bastard dullard every day cheesy

cc
omenka ngeneukwenu modath

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by Deen77: 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
MadeInTokyo:
Buhari a.k.a General Cassandra is colossal failure and an Economic disaster to Nigeria and other Africa Countries, that need to be eradicated.

Only zombies and Abobaku still believe that the Nigerian Economy is improving.

The fall of the Nigerian Economy is affecting African Countries negatively.

Buhari is a burukutu drinking, gworo chewing Economic Disaster that neyed to be Eradicated.

Buhari get power, doing the same to Angola, Venezuela, Russian and Saudi Arabia.

Sai Buhari sai Baba

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by sleekAfonja: 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2016
egift:
Nigeria is a great country our coughing make others catch cold. Nigeria will overcome all its current economic challenges. God bless Nigeria.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by Cherishing(f): 9:18pm On Aug 03, 2016
FACT : the country is too big for the Dualard to handle, and funny enough all his ministers are yet to get the antidote of the dwindling economy.

3 Likes

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by Deen77: 9:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
temptnow:
No be lie o. I remember some oyinbo people in Cotonou were telling me we made mistake in voting buhari. That our bad economy is affecting their car business there. Cos na naija dey buy all the cars there.

D oyinbo na mumu, is Buhari that affect Angola the new Dubai now in crisis with Oil crash.

Angola was the most expensive country in the world before the Oil crash, now in crisis. Is Buhari that crash Angola, Venezuela economy.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
eh! are we conjoined twins? what's our own with yours? abi kini man yii so gan?
Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by AmuEwu: 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2016
I don tire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2016
Now I know where the cassandra name originated from

2 Likes

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by Firefire(m): 9:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
Chanji
Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by yunglivochi(m): 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2016
embarassed abeg d change is negatively too much ooo.i jxt pray dis clueless govt resuscitate our economy in no time
Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 03, 2016
Hush! Sshshhh!! Who says we're on a melt down? That person must belong to the 5% . We're actually on the right path to economic greatness.
So says our Lair Mohammed and Dullard in Chief
Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by Deen77: 9:37pm On Aug 03, 2016
AdaNri1:
Instead of them to blame the incompetent man they voted for they're excusing his crass cluelessness as if Nigeria is the only country that exports oil. Are we the only country with insurgence? Better call a spade a spade

Serious question, forget about Buhari.

If we have a new refinery under OBJ and stop importing petroleum products an essential commodities to stop wasting billion of dollar and trillion naira subsidies payment under Jonathan what do you think will happen today.
OBJ failed to build and Jonathan continued with the same system.

If Jonathan build a refinery, do you think Nigeria will be looking for dollar to import petroleum products now under Buhari and if we don't need dollar for fuel Import would there be dollar scarcity now.

All those money are for infrastructure and saving but we waste all on importation and subsidies payment. Read Okonjo flash back.

https://www.nairaland.com/3016147/flash-back-okonjos-excuse-borrowing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meltdown In Nigeria Is Affecting Neighbouring Countries - Benin President by yomalex(m): 9:39pm On Aug 03, 2016
undecided Quite true

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger Delta Greenland Justice Mandate Emerges, Vows To Bring Down Refineries / Atiku Supported Total Removal Of Subsidy / Defection: Court Refuses APC’s Request To Sack Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.