Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents (35733 Views)

Alcohol Manufacturers Reject 500 % Excise Duty Hike / Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem / Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by ba7man(m): 2:56pm On Aug 03, 2016
kettle84:
what can you produce up to international standard? every tom and Harry is screaming EXPORT when there is no electricity to power factories.
For starters, we have a lot of raw materials that western countries lack and they need.

My external searches has even brought me back to this forum for contacts.

While some are busy engaging in tribal warfare and bigotry, some were busy making business contacts.

I even know a guy that started with leather slippers and now he exports belts, shoes, bags etc.

2 Likes

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by dunkem21(m): 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
ernesty20:
local rice now na 17k for ore..

Why you not talk out when they put up a propaganda thread that local rice is selling for N7k

1 Like

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by harmbhrosz(m): 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
shegsky:
In Jesus Voice". " I AM FINISHED " Una never shin something, by the time Bubu start his kolocracy, Na toothpick una go dey begin import. Thank God, every body is enjoying these change o jare, no be only Wailers dey wail now, Zombie sef don dey WAILEE.
lol... Jesus own Na "IT IS FINISHED" Na, read your Bible you no gree, you see your life grin

1 Like

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
NameChecker:

The disadvantages of import:
1.Foreign goods are substituting the domestic goods' markets,so the domestic industries (Innoson & Co) are eliminated.
2.Trade deficit will cause the currency devaluation, inflation (Nigeria's Current Problem).
3.The importing of important industries will lose the influence by importing country.

If you still don't understand that the increment is a deliberate measure to discourage importation,
then you know nothing, I repeat, nothing.

***Culled from ECO 101***

Well, you're wrong this time, we now operate a floating exchange rate system, dollar at the inter bank market trades at 316 , the way forward is that they should buy futures

1 Like

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by tundejoseph4(m): 2:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
NameChecker:

1.Foreign goods are substituting the domestic goods' markets,so the domestic industries (Innoson & Co) are eliminated.
2.Trade deficit will cause the currency devaluation, inflation (Nigeria's Current Problem).
3.The importing of important industries will lose the influence by importing country.

If you still don't understand that the increment is a deliberate measure to discourage importation,
we can not cope without importation atleast for now. na wen dem rob u and kill u thats wen u will understand d adverse effect

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by ernesty20(m): 2:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
dunkem21:

Why you not talk out when they put up a propaganda thread that local rice is selling for N7k

ahahah u dey mind them? Unless it's being sold at that rate in northern side where they are producing it but here in ondo state, bro, there is nothing like that

1 Like

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by eph12(m): 2:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
Keneking:
This government has failed the economy woefully cry
This must be sarcasm.
Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by 4nobody4every1: 2:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
kettle84:
Nigerians sha
grin grin grin tongue

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by plaetton: 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2016
Trailblazer1:
Buhari was an evil sent by God to restore our lost sense and bring us closer to Him.
In times like this, you have no other option than to seek succor and solace in God.
I have renewed my relationship WITH God in other to survive this present evil called BUHARI undecided
Laughing out loud.

Did your old relationship with God expire?

Repeating the same thing over and over again while expecting a different outcome each time is the clinical definition of insanity.

Won't you consider that perhaps our over-reliance on skydaddy magic , rather than rational thinking, might actually be a contributing factor in our lack direction and progress ?

1 Like

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by Jameskyrian(m): 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
Trailblazer1:
Buhari was an evil sent by God to restore our lost sense and bring us closer to Him.
In times like this, you have no other option than to seek succor and solace in God.
I have renewed my relationship WITH God in other to survive this present evil called BUHARI undecided

Hahahaahjajaaaa....you go fear Review

Abeg why do i find it so difficult to post on my profile most times....i keep seeing. ..
."sorry , unexpected error occurred. ..

Has anyone noticed that..?

Abeg help
Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by ayibatari99(m): 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
We supposed to celebrate this. But myopic minded people will be complaining. Open your eyes shocked no country will develop without cutting down unnecessary importation of items that we already have. Better start buying Made in Aba Shoes, Shirts and Jeans or else go buy the imported at an exorbitant rate. There is a wise man saying that says "Necessity is the mother of invention". I'm happy my small shoe making factory will once again switch back to action. All i pray is for PMB! to hurry up and finish with the gas pipeline vandals/ saboteurs so that energy supply will stabilized.

1 Like

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 03, 2016
Trailblazer1:

Buhari is the Angel telling all the numbskull Nigerians to stop buying imported goods and helping other countries' economies and start to produce your own. You call yourselves Giant of Africa but produce nothing, food you import, car you import, pencil you import, owambe gifts you import!!!

1 Like

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by ace05(m): 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
Diablo666:
Good development. its time to look inwards and build our economy with our own resources just like China did. the temporary hardship is a sacrifice we must make for a long term permanent enjoyment.
God bless pmb
God bless FRN

My dear, do not just mention China, they sent their best and brightest all around the world and when they had spent about a decade, they came back home. It took over 2 decades of closed boarder with this imported knowledge for them to become what they are. So has 'PMB' (sic) done any of such? The sooner Nigerians understand true governance the better.

1 Like

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
NameChecker:

your talking rubbish, what has the government done to encourage manufacturers locally? How many manufacturers do we have locally that can cater for the whole nation?

2 Likes

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by dunkem21(m): 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
Keneking:
This government has failed the economy woefully cry

GEJ sef grin
Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2016
NameChecker:

I bliv you inherited your stupidity, how can u discourage importation when you have no economy development blueprint? What happens to improving our technology background, which definitely you have to import before we can start doing ours. Do you know the level of poverty in Nigeria now? Compared to just 2years ago? Please if you don't have better things to say just sharapppp! Misguided youth, dancing to APC change musik, your eyes would soon open, just like Fr mbaka.

2 Likes

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by MadCow1: 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
Obiano must be laffing.. grin

His 5 Million Dollars Ugu and Bitter Leaf Exports can survive any tariff increases. grin

2 Likes

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by Feshizzy(m): 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
HenryDion:

No matter what happens, hope shouldn't be out of reach. That's all we've got to do. HOPE.
We have been hoping since God said let there be light.
My only hope is a Revolution. That's all I see.

1 Like

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by NameChecker: 3:14pm On Aug 03, 2016
ikiller:
your talking rubbish, what has the government done to encourage manufacturers locally? How many manufacturers do we have locally that can cater for the whole nation?

I don't respond to people who insult.

1 Like

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by Diablo666: 3:16pm On Aug 03, 2016
Lilimax:
Looking inward, how do we source for the raw materials when most of the industries have shut down
Please where did you get your statistics from that most of the factories have shut down? cos from what I am seeing, more industries are being built daily most especially in the agro-allied sector. From the production of the crops to the manufacturing of the needed machines. I have seen physically the made in benue tractors. The only masterstroke left is for the government to find a lasting solution to the power deficiency.
Have you read the dangote's story. making of Africa's richest man? in his words “I was into importation, until I realised that I would make much more profit locally producing same things I import“. And thats how he became who is is today. Those importers should take up the challenge and start manufacturing same things they import and I bet you, It will be a win-win for everyone

2 Likes

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by NameChecker: 3:16pm On Aug 03, 2016
MadCow1:
Obiano must be laffing.. grin

His 5 Million Dollars Ugu and Bitter Leaf Exports can survive any tariff increases. grin

Na so o
Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by awhy11(m): 3:18pm On Aug 03, 2016
Keep Quiet and face locally made goods..... cool

1 Like

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by Xano(m): 3:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nairadays:
Though painful, the sooner we know that this government is out to drastically reduce importation, the better for us all.

We must patronise locally made goods, simple and short.

Abusing Buhari or Government will not stop that fact.

Interesting post.
Made-in-Nigeria products are produced by imported items.

It would be good for you and others have a rethink.

A large quantity of necessary parts was just delayed by a corporation because of just increased import duty.

2 Likes

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by Okundaye4(m): 3:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
NameChecker:

My friend keep quiet if have nothing to say this afternoon. Even if u are deaf, cant u see wats happening around? People are suffering and you here vomiting trash.

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 03, 2016
harmbhrosz:
lol... Jesus own Na "IT IS FINISHED" Na, read your Bible you no gree, you see your life grin

na typo error. oga ade
Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by Chukzyfcb(m): 3:26pm On Aug 03, 2016
ba7man:
For starters, we have a lot of raw materials that western countries lack and they need.

My external searches has even brought me back to this forum for contacts.

While some are busy engaging in tribal warfare and bigotry, some were busy making business contacts.

I even know a guy that started with leather slippers and now he exports belts, shoes, bags etc.
Mr man abeg keep kwayet. Look at nigerians GDP, its technically in recession. U know why? Because the so called manufacturers are finding it hard to cope. Forex increase, high loan rates, high duty rate is killing them.
Even the phone you used to type this rubbish, is it made in nigeria? Look around yur room where you lay to spit this gibberish & then Point out ten things in your room that is made in Nigeria. You people just harp on export export like its A B C.
How much things of value do we produce to even satisfy consumer demand, Mr man take your time there o! A country that can't produce pencil. No vex me this afternun.

3 Likes

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
NameChecker:

Good point but you didn't finish it well.
Have you thought of RAW MATERIALS for local production?
Almost all aspects of production in Nigeria has an imported raw material in it.
Nigeria does not have all the raw materials for production so this post above will only keep increasing the cost of finished goods locally.
Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by passionate88: 3:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
LydayBobo:
Am a die hard fan of PMB but am beginning to think he should be head of EFCC than GCFR. He should please listen to the masses.
you didn't read the general Cassandra thread on FP? Where the writer said he (the dullard) is suffering from ear infections

1 Like

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
Which politicians convoy have you seen them drive the made in Nigeria innoson cars?
NameChecker:

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by damilareoye: 3:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
Money is valueless...

Am tired.

1 Like

Re: Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents by odietemula(m): 3:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
NameChecker:

It's not about discouraging importation. If the federal govt wanna end importation why not tell importers directly and let's see how they will export to other countries with such policies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About / ShopRite Denies Leaving Nigeria / Femi Otedola And Bill Gates Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.