Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently (33677 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Types Of People You Will Meet At The Experience 2017 In Lagos / Pastor Adeboye Wants To Sleep In Kirikiri Prison As He Visits Inmates (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by HCF(m): 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
On such an issue and despite being married for over four decades, the humble man of God should not have spoken with so much authority.

I have a friend who married when he had no job, today,one and half years after the wedding, he has a good job with a child. I have seen instances where after the wedding, the husband lost his job....and another situation where the groom had no job, still went ahead to get married, turning the couple into beggars after wedding , the wife later moved out of the house when the 'fine bara' became unbearable...

Obviously Pastor Adeboye is just trying to be realistic, because he must have seen more cases of the last example in his church and around him,hence the outburst. However, I believe he is only human and that is where God's supremacy comes in: Only God knows tommorow!. The Pastor should not have spoken with so much authority on d issue. In fact he should have kept mum and used the pulpit to talk sense into our leaders for them to make jobs available for the youths....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
2 Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Daddy Adeboye's Words Recently

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God recently made some comments on marriage that didn't really go well with some people and here are two(2) major people who didn't find it funny

1. Girls/Ladies who cannot cook: Who would agree with me that almost all girls who cannot even boil egg didn't find daddy's message funny. Because of that, they abuse, accuse and misunderstood him. Believe me, no man loves to eat out when he can possibly use that money for his wife to prepare something that would last than spend it just on one plate of food that won't go anywhere at Mr Biggs

2. Jobless Men: Pastor adviced ladies not to marry a jobless man and almost all jobless men didn't go well with it. An angry man even called him a bastard because it didn't go well with him. Ladies be wise. Such guys can kill. Listen to daddy and take note. Marry a man with vision.even if he is yet to land a job, soon he would.
You can add yours if you know of any.

3. The beard gang
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by kedikenet(f): 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2016
why are people blowing this things out of proportion. as a man of God he's just giving his own advice if you guys like marry someone who can't even boil water or a lady that can't even say our lord's prayer who will live with her is it not you . if you like call him all sort of name from today till tomorrow he's happily married and his children are too . A word they say is enough for the wise plus the message is not even for everybody for pete sake

1 Like

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by eph12(m): 7:18pm On Aug 03, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Pls add a third : The Berean Christians: A category which I humbly yet proudly belong to.
Yes having heard his words, I went back to search the Scriptures, and lo! None of it was biblical. Not the #beardgang thang, or the marrying from redeem thang or the jobless or cooking or matchmaking thang. None is biblical.

So yes, I am not happy that a person who many describe as a "man of God" could say such. Just the way another popular minister threatened to open the gates of hell last year. We Thankgod for his mercies sha.
Is looting a sin?
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by eph12(m): 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2016
KissChris:

3. The beard gang
He was talking to his pastors. Are you one?
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
Geofavor:
Can you marry a broke ass nigga?
You are asking the wrong question.
The question shouldn't be if one can marry a broke ass man but rather the question should be if you find yourself in love with a man who happens to be broke at a particular time, will you be willing to help him become the man God intended him to be? That is the right question to ask.

There's just too much emphasis on wealth these days. A man who is close to his God and loves God will do everything in his power to provide for his family, no matter how little. It is only a selfish woman who would emphasize that her husband must make more money than her before she can regard him a man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by kedikenet(f): 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
why are people blowing this things out of proportion. as a man of God he's just giving his own advice if you guys like marry someone who can't even boil water or a lady that can't even say our lord's prayer who will live with her is it not you . if you like call him all sort of name from today till tomorrow he's happily married and his children are too . A word they say is enough for the wise plus the message is not even for everybody for pete sake
But really as a lady you can't cook and you can't pray for real and you want to marry. hmm I laugh I swahili

1 Like

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
eph12:
He was talking to his pastors. Are you one?
3.The beard gang pastors
Satisfied
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Ugosample(m): 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2016
I wonder why one would contemplate marriage without a job
Isn't that foolish....
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Yoyostic: 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
People that won't understand the message never will.Marriage is not child's play. Some of the things he mentioned are part of what causes divorce inthis age.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Temmytea70(m): 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
repogirl:
I think I should perch here for a bit. grin

Drama loading......35%
You must be a bird
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Funkybabee(f): 7:25pm On Aug 03, 2016
I don't know why people are so senseless like this, saying there is no page in bible that wrote what baba said, don't they read their bible well ni. !!!!!did they never hear where bible says a faith believers without job is dead,mean if you don't have a job to do for helping yourself or cater for your family, you are as dead as a corpse.

no quote pls!!!
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by erico2k2(m): 7:29pm On Aug 03, 2016
Tkayhandsome:

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God recently made some comments on marriage that didn't really go well with some people and here are two(2) major people who didn't find it funny

1. Girls/Ladies who cannot cook: Who would agree with me that almost all girls who cannot even boil egg didn't find daddy's message funny. Because of that, they abuse, accuse and misunderstood him. Believe me, no man loves to eat out when he can possibly use that money for his wife to prepare something that would last than spend it just on one plate of food that won't go anywhere at Mr Biggs

2. Jobless Men: Pastor adviced ladies not to marry a jobless man and almost all jobless men didn't go well with it. An angry man even called him a bastard because it didn't go well with him. Ladies be wise. Such guys can kill. Listen to daddy and take note. Marry a man with vision.even if he is yet to land a job, soon he would.
Once upon a time every man was jobless even Daddy himself.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by erico2k2(m): 7:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
Funkybabee:
I don't know why people are so senseless like this, saying there is no page in bible that wrote what baba said, don't they read their bible well ni. !!!!!did they never hear where bible says a faith believers without job is dead,mean if you don't have a job to do for helping yourself or cater for your family, you are as dead as a corpse.

no quote pls!!!
What's the passage . I know of faith without work is dead
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
Funkybabee:

no quote pls!!!
You are quoting out of context.
My Bible says faith without good works is dead.
Haba...

1 Like

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Iamabraham(m): 7:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
Vanillaskin:
The problem with today's society is that we have forgotten what the real meaning of marriage or matrimony is.

Matrimony is defined as "the sacrament by which a baptized man and a baptized woman bind themselves for life in a lawful marriage and receive the grace to discharge their duties."

God chose to make man and woman, and to give him the power, in partnership with himself, to produce new human life. By the act of intimate union which we call sexual intercourse, man and woman would fashion a physical image of themselves; and into this new body so wondrously begun God would infuse a spiritual and immortal soul.

No matter how well matched a man and woman may appear to be, it is not easy for any two people to live together day in and day out, year after year, with their inescapable faults and personality defects.

So at the end of the day whether the man has a job or not and the woman knows how to cook or not, it is not what will make them stay married. If you read through your Bible, it never gave any criteria for marriage like having a job or knowing how to cook. It only says husband love your wife and wife respect your husband, only then will they last in marriage

Rightly said...

but have you got to think of it this way..."that some things that scatter marriages can be well avoided if taken seriously"

Lots of people go into marriage with 100% love and respect but it wanes with time.

A lady who doesn't know how to cook 'may' be opening her door for the devil through another woman.

A man who has no job (or no means of providing for his home) is not man enough to have a family. Where there is no money, there is always 'agidi' from the man. Some things are better imagined than experienced.

A (Christian man) who can't provide for his house is worse than infidel... Apostle Paul.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Ugosample(m): 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2016
I have a question for you guys....

If your sister brings home an unemployed man as her fiance, will you be happy and support the marriage whole heartedly?

1 Like

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by bezimo(m): 7:38pm On Aug 03, 2016
God forbid I marry a woman who would take care of me and be the breadwinner, thus reversing the role heaven designed for the man in marriage to be the provider.
Getting a Job or doing a proven business and taking care of the family is what is expected by the man. I dont think any reasonable guy would want to challenge that.

1 Like

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Iamabraham(m): 7:40pm On Aug 03, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Pls add a third : The Berean Christians: A category which I humbly yet proudly belong to.
Yes having heard his words, I went back to search the Scriptures, and lo! None of it was biblical. Not the #beardgang thang, or the marrying from redeem thang or the jobless or cooking or matchmaking thang. None is biblical.

So yes, I am not happy that a person who many describe as a "man of God" could say such. Just the way another popular minister threatened to open the gates of hell last year. We Thankgod for his mercies sha.

Are you sure 'none of his instructions' were biblical?

1Tim 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Proverbs 31:15 She (A virtuous woman) gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day's work for her servant girls

1 Like

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by oladjir(m): 7:45pm On Aug 03, 2016
What d man of God said make sense ooooooooo........... Is now left to u to make choice, remember is a free world in #emmanuella voice#
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by eph12(m): 7:47pm On Aug 03, 2016
KissChris:

3.The beard gang pastors

Satisfied
But not in redeem
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Iamabraham(m): 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2016
Vanillaskin:

You are asking the wrong question.
The question shouldn't be if one can marry a broke ass man but rather the question should be if you find yourself in love with a man who happens to be broke at a particular time, will you be willing to help him become the man God intended him to be? That is the right question to ask.

There's just too much emphasis on wealth these days. A man who is close to his God and loves God will do everything in his power to provide for his family, no matter how little. It is only a selfish woman who would emphasize that her husband must make more money than her before she can regard him a man

" A man who is close to his God and loves God will do everything in his power to provide for his family, no matter how little."...this doesn't paint a jobless man, my friend.

I have seen funny cases, dear.

Useless men using 'faith' without a clear vision.

Haven't you heard of men neglecting their family because of difficulties?

I have even seen one who abandoned his wife days after wedding.

Pastor Adeboye has seen 'lots of cases' and that's why he is giving young people the advice.

No man will be advised to go into marriage without a known source of income....that is disaster waiting to happen.

May you never meet such men and if you do, please run for your life.

1 Like

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Maximus85(m): 7:51pm On Aug 03, 2016
Tkayhandsome:

Whose Daddy?
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by solid3(m): 7:55pm On Aug 03, 2016
As for me, I can marry a lady wont does not necessarily know how to cook, I love cooking.

So ladies over to you, plus I'm a business owner. #softwork wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by oloyede252(m): 7:55pm On Aug 03, 2016
kennygee:
The devil is attacking marriages now more than ever. If you check the statistics, 7 out of 10 women are the bread winners of their homes. Maybe due to the economy, women are working now or doing businesses to support their family.

Is this a bad thing? No its not. But I think the duties of a man is what makes him the Head of the family. How can a woman totally submit to a man whose bills she is paying? Isn't it better she bought herself a d!ldo or became a single parent?

If the woman isn't submitting, is the marriage being worth called one? If you check the reasons behind some marital issue, money is not far from it.

Men need to wake up to their duties and responsibilities because we have more women these days becoming men since men are neglecting their duties.

May God help us.
madam lie small small.7 out 10 ke.who carried out this research ma.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by adexsimply(m): 7:56pm On Aug 03, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
Adeboye is a counsellor and a father. A man who is married for over 40years. Yo can't know more than he knows
This has got to be one of the silliest posts in the history of posts.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 03, 2016
Iamabraham:

" A man who is close to his God and loves God will do everything in his power to provide for his family, no matter how little."...this doesn't paint a jobless man, my friend.

I have seen funny cases, dear.

Useless men using 'faith' without a clear vision.

Haven't you heard of men neglecting their family because of difficulties?

I have even seen one who abandoned his wife days after wedding.

Pastor Adeboye has seen 'lots of cases' and that's why he is giving young people the advice.

No man will be advised to go into marriage without a known source of income....that is disaster waiting to happen.

May you never meet such men and if you do, please run for your life.
Look, the problem is not in the word of God and His teachings. The problem is with us man.
If you feel man is bad, what about the woman?
Didn't she bring the down fall of man in the first place?

Who is sure that if you follow the pastors teaching, it will give you a good home. No body can be sure, we just have to try our human possible best for things to work out
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by raf2angel: 7:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
kennygee:
The devil is attacking marriages now more than ever. If you check the statistics, 7 out of 10 women are the bread winners of their homes. Maybe due to the economy, women are working now or doing businesses to support their family.

Is this a bad thing? No its not. But I think the duties of a man is what makes him the Head of the family. How can a woman totally submit to a man whose bills she is paying? Isn't it better she bought herself a d!ldo or became a single parent? It can't be as bad as 7 out of 10 women as bread winners as u have stated

If the woman isn't submitting, is the marriage being worth called one? If you check the reasons behind some marital issue, money is not far from it.

Men need to wake up to their duties and responsibilities because we have more women these days becoming men since men are neglecting their duties.

May God help us.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by iamord(m): 8:04pm On Aug 03, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
Adeboye is a counsellor and a father. A man who is married for over 40years. Yo can't know more than he knows
does not still mean that everything he says is right. That's why we don't share brains
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by abike12(f): 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Pastors with beards
Marrying someone who doesnt attend redeem

Pastors with beards: If na beard dey worry you, look for another church to become a pastor in, or better yet, form your own church

Marrying someone who doesnt attend redeem: He said that in context of, in case of wahala it will be easier to deal with a member of the church. If you are okay with carrying your wahala alone, disregard the advice.

I don't see a problem
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Toks2008(m): 8:07pm On Aug 03, 2016
Marry a man with vision even if he is yet to land a job, soon he would start creating jobs for job seekers.

How I wish Pastor Adeboye presented it this way.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by iamord(m): 8:11pm On Aug 03, 2016
Omodady:
If some of us son adhered to did advice we won't be in dis mess we r now. Pls don't beg anyone again. A word is Enough for d WISE
honestly I don't see why this talk is being hyped cos this are things that one going into a marriage should know already.. If you're still needing anyone to tell you then there is something wrong upstairs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) / Atiku: Tunde Bakare's Prophecy About Messiah From Adamawa In 2002 / LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.