Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos (33687 Views)

Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by Alpet(m): 2:05am On Feb 26, 2016
The Lagos State Government has lauded a proposed multi-million naira flyover to be constructed by the Deeper Christian Life Ministry in the Gbagada area of the state.

The bridge is to decongest traffic in the area ahead of the inauguration of the church’s newly constructed cathedral.

The campaign and advocacy unit of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority on Thursday held a sensitisation programme for residents of the Gbagada area to prepare their minds for the construction work.

The sensitisation, which took place on the premises of the cathedral, adjacent the flyover site, was to inform the residents of plans by the agency to reduce traffic during the construction of the flyover.

The LASTMA Deputy Controller of Operation, Mr. Philip Ogunwale, said the construction work was massive and could lead to a traffic build-up in the Gbagada area.

He said, “This meeting is to sensitise people in this locality to the proposed bridge to be constructed by the Deeper Christian Life Ministry. The flyover, upon completion, will ease gridlock in this area as residents will no longer need to access the underground, but move via the flyover.

“The gridlock that they normally experience, especially when they have programmes in the cathedral, will no longer be there. Those who have no business in the church will just pass through the bridge and go their way.”

Ogunwale urged the residents to cooperate with LASTMA and the contractors handling the project till the construction work was over.

The Community Development Association Chairman of Aroromi/Sawmill, Gbagada, Olukayode Onasanya, lauded the project but lamented the poor state of inner roads in the neighbourhood.

He said many residents would suffer untold hardship should the construction commence without the inner routes being accessible.

The architect of the project, Pastor Kayode Dada, said the contract had already been awarded to Julius Berger Construction Company and would take off immediately.

He said the flyover would be constructed alongside a four-level motor park, for worshippers in the cathedral to park their vehicles.

www.punchng.com/lasg-backs-deeper-life-multi-million-naira-flyover/

31 Likes

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by demarc001: 2:50am On Feb 26, 2016
Nice proposal, and yea it deserves commendation

78 Likes

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by Dominionhost(m): 2:53am On Feb 26, 2016
This is a welcome development
Giving back to the society
Glory to God forever

80 Likes

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by engrtee(f): 3:47am On Feb 26, 2016
Church build brings while buhari pray abroda

3 Likes

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by opalu: 3:48am On Feb 26, 2016
God please make this project see the light of day

32 Likes

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by waldigit: 3:56am On Feb 26, 2016
opalu:
this is laudable. Church should arise and provide leadership where government fails

38 Likes

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:07am On Feb 26, 2016
Waiting for that day when the muslim umma would do something very big like this for the generality of the populace not just for themselves alone !

Christian are the light of the World indeed!

Good job!

136 Likes 7 Shares

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by tafabaloo(m): 4:53am On Feb 26, 2016
Good

2 Likes

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by lincolnj88: 5:39am On Feb 26, 2016
na our offering dem wan take develop other people land, while our location in warri is a plank house and rented land

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by tunwumi: 5:46am On Feb 26, 2016
Let the competition among the churches starts. But only standard project

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by blazer234: 5:54am On Feb 26, 2016
lincolnj88:
na our offering dem wan take develop other people land, while our location in warri is a plank house and rented land

One would think all the money for the construction will come from your plank church on rented land in one corner of warri.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by blazer234: 5:57am On Feb 26, 2016
tunwumi:
Let the competition among the churches starts. But only standard project

Which one is competition again? Their cathedral is causing traffic problem and they are making effort to put that under check, but your funny mind is already reading negative meaning to things.

22 Likes

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by bandol(m): 5:57am On Feb 26, 2016
lincolnj88:
how much tithe and offering have u paid all together for the past 10yrs? If u re so committed, u wud have contributed personally for the completion of your local church.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by Nobody: 5:57am On Feb 26, 2016
That would be great

1 Like

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by Raphael81(m): 6:05am On Feb 26, 2016
A church should not only be concerned about the spiritual food of her members, but must also engage in social activities by assisting people to live better and healthier lives....now that is the real Gospel by the deeper life peeps

9 Likes

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by alienvirus: 6:09am On Feb 26, 2016
A welcome development. The initiators of such shall know no sorrow.

Btw am not a Christian

13 Likes

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by Blackfire(m): 6:16am On Feb 26, 2016
Deeper life.... Even the name makes me angry.. How can your life be deeper ? U will even confuse yourself.

How can u be an overseer, i think is only 'god' that is an overseer.

One day i know my loved ones will come out of that church. I hope they are see-ing the scam.

A church that scattered a once united family, till today the problem they caused is multiplying..

Deeper life *gets more angry *

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by tunwumi: 6:17am On Feb 26, 2016
blazer234:

Which one is competition again? Their cathedral is causing traffic problem and they are making effort to put that under check, but your funny mind is already reading negative meaning to things.

I'm sure u don't know the meaning of the word competition. Google is ur friend

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by phemmie06(m): 6:20am On Feb 26, 2016
opalu:
You funny gan, this is not about the FG or State government project. I can bet it with you that it's for real

1 Like

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by jazinogold(m): 6:29am On Feb 26, 2016
innovative better than those pastors buying private jets!

9 Likes

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by babadem2much(m): 6:45am On Feb 26, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Waiting for that day when the muslim umma would do something very big like this for the generality of the populace not just for themselves alone !

Good job!

We are not competing with them n I don't think they can.

So chill

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by blazer234: 6:45am On Feb 26, 2016
tunwumi:

I'm sure u don't know the meaning of the word competition. Google is ur friend

I know it is your lineage that created English language. So Mr. Superior Knowledge, what about explaining what your own idea of competition is?

7 Likes

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by tuoyoojo(m): 6:50am On Feb 26, 2016
God bless pastor kumuyi and members of the church. amen

16 Likes

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by DavidMark1(m): 6:59am On Feb 26, 2016
Blackfire:
Deeper life.... Even the name makes me angry.. How can your life be deeper ? U will even confuse yourself.

How can u be an overseer, i think is only 'god' that is an overseer.

One day i know my loved ones will come out of that church. I hope they are see-ing the scam.

A church that scattered a once united family, till today the problem they caused is multiplying..

Deeper life *gets more angry *

U're a worthless fool

24 Likes

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by babyfaceafrica: 7:05am On Feb 26, 2016
babadem2much:

We are not competing with them n I don't think they can.
So chill
they can if they want to....

1 Like

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by jazzboi: 7:11am On Feb 26, 2016
Kudos to deeper life bible church.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by jazzboi: 7:14am On Feb 26, 2016
ZKOSOSO:

Good job!

We Muslims must rily be chasing you in your dreams..why can't you just praise your church,thank the god you serve and move on..

Either good or bad news,you folks surely gonna bring in we muslims.

And am still very sure we will have a sizeable amount of you folks that would still say 'they want to islamize Nigeria if this kinda news comes from there.
When GEJ a christian was busy collecting a no interest loan from Islamic banks to build this nation (especially east) you folks didn't point it's coming from an Islamic bank. And sensible part of the money borrowed by him was still being spent on your pastors during the election period.

Don't know why your faith is filled with people with hypocrisy,frustration,anger, and inferiority complex.
Please Oga FACE FRONT.

Kudos to Deeper Life bible church.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by bigerboy200: 7:15am On Feb 26, 2016
Nice one Deeper life..

6 Likes

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by Bishops10(m): 7:16am On Feb 26, 2016
Make I book space first
Brb
Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by ihekwoabaemeka(m): 7:17am On Feb 26, 2016
igbos and niger deltans will have the majority of this church members they will contribute and pay the highest money,but such a hudge project will never be done is south east or the so called south south,all these yoruba churches should move away from the south east and south south....

3 Likes

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by Pwhitelaw(m): 7:21am On Feb 26, 2016
ZKOSOSO:

Good job!

..... Read other comment and check yours must you show you hatred for Islam... You give out whatever you have in Islam but pastors live in luxury with 10% tithe of a million members... Op at least deeper life is giving back to its community.. Nice project.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos by Islie: 7:23am On Feb 26, 2016
this is highly appreciated

given back to the society and helping the government....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku: Tunde Bakare's Prophecy About Messiah From Adamawa In 2002 / Revelation As Shown By God To A Young Lady, Shalom David - Tattooing Is A SIN / Whoever Introduces Tribalism To RCCG Will Die Like Ananias & Sapphira - Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.