Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,654 members, 7,865,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:15 PM

Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? (8128 Views)

Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / A Sincere Letter To All Atheists On Nairaland / Nigerian atheists should take several seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by adoyi8: 7:50am On Sep 30, 2017
ysyowel:

nonsense
eye of a needle means a small door and not a needle
it is a figure of speech.
for more
https://www.gotquestions.org/camel-eye-needle.html
If we can call any verse we dont like in the bible a metaphor then no problem. Whether the eye of a needle or a small door, Jesus was saying that it is near impossible for a rich man to enter heaven but Christians and pastors today are calling him a liar.
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by ysyowel(m): 7:01am On Oct 01, 2017
adoyi8:
If we can call any verse we dont like in the bible a metaphor then no problem. Whether the eye of a needle or a small door, Jesus was saying that it is near impossible for a rich man to enter heaven but Christians and pastors today are calling him a liar.
money is not evil but how you get the money determine whether the money is good or bad, the love of money is the root of all evil. The Bible say it's hard for a rich man to enter heaven just like it's hard for a camel to enter through small door, a camel can't enter through the small gate with a load,
first one have to drop the load first before entering, in order word YOU CAN'T ENTER THE GATE OF HEAVEN WITH A LOAD you must have to drop the load first, guy drop the load of sins and you will enter heaven.
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
I'm 100% Nigerian. I'm 100% atheist. Quote me anywhere.

By the. time most of these dumb atheist close their eyes, i hope wen they see the Lord Jesus Christ, dey wont feel disappointed after.letting the Devil trick them with atheism...

Even the wickedest man ever lived, Aleister Crowley believed in God and was sorry over his wrongful life after all his atheism and sadomaso lifestyle ....

Anton Lavey the founder of the Church of satan, wept at his death bed...

Shun Atheism, Believe in the Lord Jesus and be saved from God's coming wrath.....

What's d matter with you? Are you an atheist or a christian?
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2021
I had a discussion with an Atheist friend yesterday, and that discussion raised an interesting question.
My friend, confidently proposed, that there is hardly any full blooded, 100% Nigerian, living in Nigeria,( and I'll explain the meaning of this phrase later on), that is an atheist. And as a reply to that, I happily told him I knew lots of 100% Nigerians on Nairaland who are Atheists. But his reply to this surprised me. He said that non of the Atheists on NL are 100% Nigerians.

And this brings me to the description of what a 100% Nigerian is. A 100% Nigeria is an individual who was born in Nigeria, to 100% Nigerian parents, did his primary and secondary school in Nigeria, wrote jamb and waec in Nigeria, and did his Higher institutional learning in Nigeria. He doesn't have non Nigerian relatives and hasn't been outside Nigeria before, at least before he became an Atheist.

Is there anyone like this on Nairaland? I really want to prove my friend wrong.
I agree with your friend that genuine atheists would refuse to spend this many hours out of their own lives chasing after and countering views that oppose their non-belief. undecided
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:07pm On Jun 25, 2021
KingEbukasBlog:

How does this exactly controvert the fact that the touts here are 100 percent Nigerian atheists .

Let me say this again :

Christians -32 percent of the world's population - have the lion's share of the global wealth , 55 percent . While the worshipers of other gods , the atheists , agnostics , free thinkers, deists , pantheists etc -68 percent of the world's population -are left with the remaining 45 percent .

God is indeed a merciful God grin cool

Peace ma nigga (where is that peace sign emoji ?! Nairaland angry ) grin
One can deduce anything with bare statistics. Doesn't change the fact that the average Atheist/agnostic is richer,more educated and more intelligent undecided or that religiosity is directly proportional to poverty undecided
You probably don't know how you'll eat the next day and you're here ranting of so-called "xtian wealth" on nairaland.
You're talking of xtian as if you're pointing at one person. Which of the "xtian wealth" are you referring to by the way? Is it predominantly xtian sub-saharan Africa; the most impoverished region earth? Or the ones that follows it– central and south America. Or those in Asia
The bulk of Christendom are living in "not that great conditions."
Oh! You should mean the Xtians of the west cheesy– the ones you guys love calling anti-christ every other time. They are now the paragons of xtianity,now that you need to puff off grin
Notwithstanding how this was fostered through centuries of brutal and rapacious exploitation of others. Jesus must be proud smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prayer Postures / The Social Effects Of Religious Beliefs In Nigeria. / When Did The Old Covenant End? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.