Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,028 members, 7,821,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" (33016 Views)

"I'm Never Buying Expensive Clothes For My Kids Again" - Seun Kuti / Seun Kuti: "Yahoo Boys Are Still Mugus To The Whites" / Femi Kuti Blasts 2face Over Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by ikupakuti(m): 10:19am On Aug 04, 2016
...and calling your trad ruler names is tradition ? Abi ?

What do i expect to hear from a loony.......whose deranged father was buried together with.......a gaint 2 feet sized wrap of canabis side by side in a casket.......by children to go smoke in hell

.....Calling a king of your land an idiot?

Omo ale yoruba
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by HIPROFILE(m): 10:20am On Aug 04, 2016
Why are people abusing this guy self... He said what's right...

To me I see oonis statement in two ways: as a mockery to Christianity and smh as a humble submission to the supremacy of God despite being chief custodian of Yoruba tradition of which he found himself under a rightful obligation to oversee.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by TomHagen: 10:22am On Aug 04, 2016
cckris:

The Yoruba race has always enjoyed more freedom than the jack ass desert Bedouins.
We are not talking about their race. We are talking about monarchs.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by TomHagen: 10:25am On Aug 04, 2016
Cooldude68:

Mr Man listen to yourself! Famous pple and celebrities profess the devil and y'all cheer them. And this man is saying he's for Jesus! Is there a crime in that?
It's either you're a Muslim or you don't even know right from left!
I don't think you are capable of understanding.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 04, 2016
To some extent Seun Kuti is right, we Africans are hypocrites. You can't serve God and mammon. After all d rituals the still Calls Jesus Father
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by IndianBwoy(m): 10:26am On Aug 04, 2016
cckris:

And is RULING you today.

fvck ur jesus. in my country only the GODS rule. not some dead jews.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by passyhansome(m): 10:29am On Aug 04, 2016
The dude made some point, you should remember give what is for cesar to cesar for God to God, you can't be lukewarm you can't mix diety and God together KOLEWORK any way He is not 100% right with what he said sha
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by tosinjay(m): 10:36am On Aug 04, 2016
After performing those rituals and the usually gallivanting around, it's actually valid to say it's a disrespect by the king to Christ. Except he's repented off those things they do.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by cckris: 10:39am On Aug 04, 2016
TomHagen:
I thought you all said Satan was the ruler of this world. Confused lot.

Christ Jesus is the True Light of this world.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by cckris: 10:41am On Aug 04, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Jesus of Nazareth RULES Nigeria, right now, & forever.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by ojimbo(m): 10:45am On Aug 04, 2016
ebujany:
Well, he is correct some how. U can't worship God and satan at the same time. Choose one. Choose you this day, who you will serve, as for me and my house, we will serve the the maker of heaven and earth
and which one is God and which one is satan?
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Gaxx01(m): 10:49am On Aug 04, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Clap 4 ur self.. May God have mercy on u
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by IndianBwoy(m): 10:50am On Aug 04, 2016
cckris:

Jesus of Nazareth RULES Nigeria, right now, & forever.

im not surprized. No wonder. .

Who wants to be a shythole called Nigeria?

enjoy your craphole with your "jesus of nazareth".
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by IndianBwoy(m): 10:52am On Aug 04, 2016
passyhansome:
The dude made some point, you should remember give what is for cesar to cesar for God to God, you can't be lukewarm you can't mix diety and God together KOLEWORK any way He is not 100% right with what he said sha

jesus is a man not a GOD ok you slowpoke!
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by medeay(m): 10:53am On Aug 04, 2016
the truth is bitter but need to be told...... after series of rituals, e come repent as per say jesus don die for his sin. smh
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by ATERI(m): 10:53am On Aug 04, 2016
naijaFrank:
Its amazing how Nigerians will embrace their slave mentality until thy kingdom come.
Do you people have the capacity for critical thinking at all?

Being the Ooni of Ife makes you the custodian of the yoruba culture, faith and history. His vow is to protect the culture that was once pillaged by christianity, his mission is to defend our people who were once enslaved by christian invaders, his purpose is to promote our language, our customs our food...

When he adopts a foreign God, he is no longer qualified to occupy his post. let someone else who understand this occupy the throne...Period...

I pray that my people will one day use their brains for the purpose for which it was intended.

To Think and discard your Colonial mentality.

No wonder we are the continent of morons who have created nothing and solved no problem.... always looking for guidance from your oyibo masters.

Nice one!
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by koolaid87: 10:57am On Aug 04, 2016
zico530:
This boy Seun is living in self delusion. If great and renowned people can recognise God or Jesus as their Father, who then is he?

That's just the reality, but its sad that most people scared of the truth..

Ask the Ooni what psalm was read on his coronation day..

Blasphemy
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by excel101(m): 10:58am On Aug 04, 2016
Seun Kuti is saying the right thing but with wrong words
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by allanphash7(m): 10:59am On Aug 04, 2016
All in the name of your so called religion you call someone you dont know or havent seen in your life names ?

Your comments let me know much about your religions have tot you

Gullible follower of the middle east messiah

Shior
Ronaldinnioh:

And you came to.comment on religious trend. So foolish of you to even open your unwashed mouth here.

If Mohammed Ali acknowledged imagine. Imagine you without any life bar an also operate with kilobyte brain.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by YEM101: 11:01am On Aug 04, 2016
Seun pls keep quiet
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 04, 2016
Christianity is all about forgiveness and repentance. As long as the king has decided to change from his bad past!
A traditional king doesnt have to perform any rituals if he is a true christian.
Its not news or crime if one decides to accept Jesus Christ as his God.
After all,there is freedom to choose one's religion even if some like Islamreligion of peace forces people to join their religion! undecided
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by bebe2(f): 11:17am On Aug 04, 2016
MetaHuman:
Tell them Seun

These are the ediots we put there to preserve our culture but are all over the place like 21st century slaves.

*spits*

Its like the pope waking up one day and say Mohammed and Allah are his father, and all those worshipping Jesus are the problem of the world.

Pope supposed to be leader of Christians and preserve whatever Christianity represents. Same way that dumb ooni supposed to be a leader of the Yorubas and preserve our culture.

Absolutely!! Folks need to stop the hypocrisy. U can't be here and there.

If u can't fully swallow all the monarchy has to offer just abdicate and let someone else do the job.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by abioyeolaide(m): 11:33am On Aug 04, 2016
y did he went for d ritual instead of going to Jesus!!!
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by ATERI(m): 11:34am On Aug 04, 2016
May God help us to free all Africans from the oppressive prisons of islam and christianity.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by delmonte: 11:37am On Aug 04, 2016
LOL
BJAYADEMOLA:
Did guy shuld stop abusing the d king now...
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by oluwasegun007(m): 11:39am On Aug 04, 2016
it is glaring this guy dos not no d yoruba culture with it hierarchical believe of d supernatural order..
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by olasco2016: 11:52am On Aug 04, 2016
The man must be very very stupid. he as no respect.how can him abuse A king like that? But I don't blame him he want to become a star like his father so he will start from somewhere. Yeye man.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 04, 2016
Came:
Atheist seun, the earlier you surrender to God, and accept Jesus as your personal saviour the best for you.Stop imitating your father,because you can never be like your father. Stop insulting elders, it shows the kind of home training you received.

came, he might not read this,,, why not get to him via his contacts

anyways,, you know the blood running in kuti family line now.... God shall have mercy on everyone
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Missonas(f): 11:57am On Aug 04, 2016
TomHagen:
What niche have you carved for yourself? Must everyone be like their fathers? His father would have said the same thing if you must know.
Do you know me? Where in my post did i say he had to be like his father or didnt u get my post right. Fela is controversial so you dont have to tell me what I already knw. Whats he into these days again sides his failed attempt at music or was it instrument playing again.Look im jes saying given the opportunity he had or rather has many even you im sure would have done better #nuffsaid
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by SaffronSpice: 11:58am On Aug 04, 2016
MetaHuman:
is the culture not dying with the crops of ediots we have as kings?

I even saw a picture of another ediotic king wearing jacket and jean at his coronation the other time.. I mean seriously?
LOL.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Ode ni e....
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by TomHagen: 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
cckris:

Christ Jesus is the True Light of this world.
No be RULER again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ini Edo Hangs Out With Uche Jombo (PHOTOS) / Seyi Law, His Wife And Daughter Go On A Nigt Out / Dami Olatunde "Aphrican Ape": Comedian Making Africans Laugh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.