Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" (32984 Views)

"I'm Never Buying Expensive Clothes For My Kids Again" - Seun Kuti / Seun Kuti: "Yahoo Boys Are Still Mugus To The Whites" / Femi Kuti Blasts 2face Over Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by oluwatosin400: 3:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
[img]http://4.bp..com/-uzfX45sLVFU/V6H_AYTpIfI/AAAAAAAAj3k/eOq8XoRQ1LorQDPHACqAZ-u-ikOsRrs6QCLcB/s400/seun.JPG[/img]

Whatever happened to respecting the throne? Afrobeat singer and son of the legendary Fela Kuti, Seun Kuti has heavily criticised the Ooni of Ife Oba, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi for saying that Jesus Christ is his father, saying its a shame to the monarch.

Seun, in the interview with Sahara TV, said the Ooni's statement is shameful after all the rituals he did before becoming the King of Yoruba race. Recall that earlier in the year the Ooni, at a church service had declared that Jesus is his father.

Seun Kuti's words:

“Its just a shame. Its just like saying that the Queen of England says the Pope is her father. If she says she no longer believes in the Anglican church of England and Archbishop of Canterbury and she swears allegiance to the Pope…That will be the last day she will be the Queen of England.

“So for the Ooni to say he is the son of Jesus is cap over face, Shame! Shame! Shame! Especially after all the rituals he has done to become king of Yoruba people.

“It is literal when they say to become King in Yoruba land you have to eat the king (the previous king). Yes he is the king of everybody.

“British people are Muslims too, Ifa worshipers too but it doesn’t mean the Queen will pander to them by going to worship with them.

“No, but she respects their rights to freedom and accommodation as the King, that is your duty but to go and start pandering with them is an embarrassment to a throne that is older than him, to a throne that is older than his lineage, to a thrown that is older than anything that he thinks he knows.”

Seun also lambasted the Oluwo of Iwo land, Oba AbdulRasheed Akanbi, over his claims that idol worship among monarchs was responsible for the crisis in the land. The singer even called the Oluwo an 'idiot'.
“There is another king like him (Ooni), I have forgotten his name, one little young idiot that goes around saying it is the rituals that our ancestors have done that is why people are suffering so his throne is now a Christian, he is a Christian king.

“I mean it is just nonsense. If the Ooni can say that, I can see how one little stupid idiot that they also gave a crown too can say the same rubbish”. he said
Calling a traditional ruler an idiot...Hmm, issokay. Anyway, watch the full video below. Seun's comments begin from the 11.00 mark.

Watch The Interview below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWvIadp5PQQ

Source:http://www.flexygist.com/2016/08/03/seun-kuti-slams-the-ooni-of-ife-shame-on-you-for-saying-jesus-is-your-father/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by opeyemiieblog(m): 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
haaa ...kabiesi mani?

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by ClassCaptain(m): 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
Scores

Upcoming artist and Igbo Smoker sad 1

Ajala Travels cheesy 0
but its none of my business sad

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by zico530(m): 4:14pm On Aug 03, 2016
This boy Seun is living in self delusion. If great and renowned people can recognise God or Jesus as their Father, who then is he?

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Came: 5:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
Atheist seun, the earlier you surrender to God, and accept Jesus as your personal saviour the best for you.Stop imitating your father,because you can never be like your father. Stop insulting elders, it shows the kind of home training you received.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by goldbim(f): 6:02pm On Aug 03, 2016
Whether seunkuti likes it or not,ooni knows he's a mortal being and there's a superior being that's IMMORTAL..so he should deal with that!!hate him or love him.IGNORANCE is not an excuse. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.#enoughsaid#.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by lordkit2: 6:41pm On Aug 03, 2016
I pity d guy

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 5:05am On Aug 04, 2016
Did guy shuld stop abusing the d king now...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by brownjulie(f): 5:50am On Aug 04, 2016
Hmmmmmm.... but come to think of it,didn't they perform the traditional rites for him before he became king...usually done with human parts.... or were they done in the church? Am just asking

36 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Smellymouth: 6:32am On Aug 04, 2016
When will you all learn?

It is not about you calling Jesus your father, It's about Jesus calling you a brother/son.

Seun, pls mind your words and focus on making good music like your father.. cool

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Smellymouth: 6:33am On Aug 04, 2016
ClassCaptain:

Scores

Upcoming artist and Igbo Smoker sad 1

Ajala Travels cheesy 0

but its none of my business sad

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 04, 2016
He should goan sit dan.
He should be bent on living his father's legacy.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by chuose: 8:34am On Aug 04, 2016
[size=13pt]These our South Western neighbours are confused.

They sometimes claim to be Christians, yet the same Christian Ooni who says he is christian is practicing idol worship in America.
Now it's coming out that he performed some jazz rituals to become Ooni
[/size]

http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/06/ooni-of-ife-makes-veneration-on.html
[size=13pt]
Then you have their pastor Adeboye, giving advice on marriage but wont speak out against the Fulani herdsmen killing Christians.
No advice to the blood thirsty fulani herdsmen to stop killing

I am beginning to believe Pastor Bosun who said that Yoruba Christianity is not serious
[/size] angry angry angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FhYpKBKusQ

[size=13pt]Na to collect tithes dem sabi [/size] angry angry angry angry

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by sCun: 8:34am On Aug 04, 2016
Yoruba culture is dead and buried.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 04, 2016
Tell them Seun

These are the ediots we put there to preserve our culture but are all over the place like 21st century slaves.

*spits*

Its like the pope waking up one day and say Mohammed and Allah are his father, and all those worshipping Jesus are the problem of the world.

Pope supposed to be leader of Christians and preserve whatever Christianity represents. Same way that dumb ooni supposed to be a leader of the Yorubas and preserve our culture.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Tolexander: 8:35am On Aug 04, 2016
Came:
Atheist seun, the earlier you surrender to God, and accept Jesus as your personal saviour the best for you.Stop imitating your father,because you can never be like your father. Stop insulting elders, it shows the kind of home training you received.
see ignoramus!

Because Seun Kuti does not believe in Jesus, that has made him an atheist right?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by emeijeh(m): 8:35am On Aug 04, 2016
Wetin consæn Seun now?
E don born again, leave the monarch.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by veekid(m): 8:35am On Aug 04, 2016
Moooona leave our King oooo
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by MadCow1: 8:35am On Aug 04, 2016
When I saw that shiit, I was like..

Does this Ooni Nigga realize who the fhuck he is?

15 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by larrii: 8:35am On Aug 04, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
haaa ...kabiesi mani?
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by solid3(m): 8:35am On Aug 04, 2016
Did he just wake up.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Chanchit: 8:36am On Aug 04, 2016
The last time i checked, Seun is from Ogun state, why the thing come dey pain am like that? oql, i Gerriet, he's nor a xtian.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by allanphash7(m): 8:36am On Aug 04, 2016
I so respecr that throne of Ooni but lets call a spade a spade

Ooni is very wrong in saying that. Honestly

21 days inside forest na beans ?

Kabiyesi oooo !!!!!

13 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by ChappyChase: 8:37am On Aug 04, 2016
Make free the man nau..
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 04, 2016
abeg wetin manutd play last night?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Pavore9: 8:37am On Aug 04, 2016
Everyone and their views!
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by babyfaceafrica: 8:37am On Aug 04, 2016
This seun is high?...how can you call a king stuupid id1ot?......who interviewed him sef?...this is bad!!!

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by sCun: 8:37am On Aug 04, 2016
So Ooni ate the former King according to Yoruba tradition?

Sophisticated people.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by ebujany(m): 8:38am On Aug 04, 2016
Well, he is correct some how. U can't worship God and satan at the same time. Choose one. Choose you this day, who you will serve, as for me and my house, we will serve the the maker of heaven and earth

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by chris4gold(m): 8:38am On Aug 04, 2016
Is
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Emeka71(m): 8:38am On Aug 04, 2016
The king himself is actually supposed to be a born-again christian; a shining light an example to lead the subjects to Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by LordScent(m): 8:39am On Aug 04, 2016
Came:

The only difference between him and our own brother seun osewa is the delivery. I think the latter would have been more subtle, though still same notion.

Like paul, they will meet jesus soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde / Sugar Mummy: Miracle Igbokwe And Brother Give Conflicting Accounts On Juliet / Talented Celebrities That Refused To Drop-Out From School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.