Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Rhoda - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Rhoda (61762 Views)

Rhoda Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
Copyright © 2016 by Jaiyeoba Omotola
omotolarhodajaiyeoba12@gmail.com
All Rights Reserved:
This work exclusively belongs to the Author and is protected under copyright laws.
The title, thoughts, plot, characters,
settings, and all its contents are properties of the author.
No part of this work, either in parts or in whole should be reproduced in any format, electronic or otherwise without permission from the author.
DISCLAIMER: Characters included in this story are COMPLETELY FICTIONAL. No similarity to any person either living or dead, places(real locations) and organizations is intended or should be inferred.

Episode 1
It was noon. My sister was just being the lazy whimp that she is with ear phones in her ears looking out the kitchen window while I chopped the fresh vegetables mum bought from the market. I disliked days like this when my mum and my sister were home together. Mum would nag around the house with my sister supporting her and making me feel incompetent and useless.
But again I had to choose between my mother's continuous anger or the alternative i hated.
Suddenly the bad memory came to me in a quick flash almost like a trance. I stopped chopping and held the knife. Slowly tracing the sharp edge with my finger tips.
My face turned pale as I recalled what he did to me.
How he left me in the dark and how am yet to find the light and get out of self pity and rage. The rage that made me imagine thrusting the knife into his belly like in a ceasaran section. I hungered to have his kidney in my hands,I wished to tear him open and remove his heart and feed it to the dogs.
He didn't deserve to live,how dare he even breathe at all.
I ignored the fact that I was looking towards my sister and continued tracing the knife gingerly with evil written all over my face. The knife prickled my fingers and blood trickled out but I didn't feel the pain.
I was in the kitchen but my mind was far away. A thousand miles away planning murder and human mutilation.
I wanted him to suffer as much as I do. Because even though it seems i am healed. I still suffer and struggle with nightmares and weariness each time I recall how stupid I was to have let him manipulate me all those years.
It was bad enough that i looked like a witch in the black dress licking the cut on my finger but worse when mum came into the kitchen and grabbed the knife from my hand and threw it far away from us. My sis jerked and looked back as the knife crashed to the floor.
Mum had that look,she had misunderstood me again. Her suicidal daughter wanted to kill her favourite daughter. She just saved a soul.
If only she knew the soul she saved wasn't my sister.
If only she knew the soul she saved was the soul of good in me.

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 5:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
Cc : Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Semid4lyfe, Obinoscopy, Maiconyoung, Jacy67, Snowangel, Joepretty, Oyay, Dandypearl, heemah,iykekelvins, joanee20, Missmossy, virtuedagirl, ashatoda, missviva, iykekelvins, luciangelymail, Heemah, DandyPearl, Bellovers, Sageez, Afz9095, Ysadiq, VMtuppence, Calmdove, Domido, Maggielovely, Rukkydelta, Damyem, Mutdam, Olaxtra, Daslad, M003, Ernie98, Kingphillip, Youngseraph, Emerald18, Jhybho, Fiyah, Chinwezdasilva, Jsharp, Adajiboyy, Ideatoprince18, Deesquare01, Nidaxj, Snowangel, Gbens2000, Spdazzy, Mattkent, Dimssy, Hefelove, Iyoha240, gbens2000, vaxt, TONYE001, Mczigx, saxwizard, SimpleBea, bukaty, Maiconyoung, Euniz, dadido, oluangelkay,

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by Tife101(m): 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
Following....

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by hefelove(m): 6:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
leggo
Re: Rhoda by bellovers(m): 4:51am On Aug 04, 2016
Following,I yaff come
Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 1:03am On Aug 05, 2016
Episode 2
I had learnt in frustration that moments like this required nothing but silence. It got my mum mad and boiling with fury but things wouldn't get worse. We wouldn't get in a heated argument and my life wouldn't be miserable for another week not that I wasn't depressed enough.
I picked up the knife without looking into her eyes but her aura was all over the room,I almost suffocated. If I uttered a word she would pounce on it and God knows what would happen next.
Their stare pierced my skin like a needle as continued chopping the vegetable pretending they weren't in the kitchen.
I always felt hated and everyday I tried to adjust and tell myself it was going to be better.
I knew it wasn't close to being good at all.
Ever since my sister became a celebrity model,my mother worshipped her like a Greek goddess. Maybe she was a Greek goddess and I admit she was very beautiful, tall and flawless. Her hair was jet black and her complexion was divine no one would believe she was born in Nigeria by completely Nigerian parents. Her pupils were light brown that light brown that looked like they had the answer to every problem.
It made her seem innocent of all crimes,she was the amazing daughter who paid the bills in the house and I was the lying suicidal kleptomaniac.
My mother resulted to sulking around the house because I didn't give her the fight she was always ready to return. As she ranted all over the place about things that weren't my business I kept chopping.
Then she hit her pinky toe on the flower vase by the corridor, it took the help of my ancestors not to burst into laughter.
Just then,the door bell rang.
It was the visitor we all anticipated.
It was the start of something new.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 1:08am On Aug 05, 2016
Promise to update always ur comments are welcome and needed please o just to make me get better
Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 7:24am On Aug 05, 2016
episode 3
Everything about him was different. It seemed like it was only minutes ago when he left the house,shattered my mother's dreams and led to our financial breakdown.
But its been eight years.
Eight years of terror.
Everything was different about him. He had changed his hair cut and his beard was only a day sprout not enough to make him a bear gang. His tan skin glowed under the white fluorescent. He looked like an angel though you might think it was effect of time but it wasn't. He seemed like a familiar stranger and even his aura was peaceful.
Okay okay I admit I am crazy about psychology, horoscope and human study. I know about zodiac signs,how they react,who they are compatible with and can define their aura. If I wasn't a writer,I'd have been a psychologist but even now I write about psychology and human life.
Eight years ago when the times were dark,I tried astral projection but never actually soul travelled. Once mum caught me and cursed me for involving in witchcraft but what did I ever do right?
I was the evil child she carried for almost eleven months instead of nine and spent the money she planned to use for her luxurious shopping in the united States for a caesarean section.
Now Dad was back to the family he ruined before he left and mum just let him come back into our lives like nothing had happened.
She gave him a big hug and I watched from behind the door how he winced and hesitated to hug her back. The hair at the back of my neck rose in irritation and anger How could she not perceive his deception? I knew his motive for coming back.
My mother ignored it or maybe she was just blinded by "Romeo and Juliet" love.
His return was trouble and it hurt that only I could smell it.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rhoda by ashatoda: 8:20am On Aug 05, 2016
here and following. It takes those who take a relaxed stance to take note of what others miss
Re: Rhoda by hefelove(m): 10:13am On Aug 05, 2016
This one wey pikin dey hate papa. Mama no gbadun pikin parol. Rukkydelta come here o

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by Rukkydelta(f): 10:42am On Aug 05, 2016
hefelove:
This one wey pikin dey hate papa. Mama no gbadun pikin parol. Rukkydelta come here o
I'm already here

Shift let me sit beside you
Re: Rhoda by joanee20(f): 10:43am On Aug 05, 2016
frozenfirenaija:
Cc : Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Semid4lyfe, Obinoscopy, Maiconyoung, Jacy67, Snowangel, Joepretty, Oyay, Dandypearl, heemah,iykekelvins, joanee20, Missmossy, virtuedagirl, ashatoda, missviva, iykekelvins, luciangelymail, Heemah, DandyPearl, Bellovers, Sageez, Afz9095, Ysadiq, VMtuppence, Calmdove, Domido, Maggielovely, Rukkydelta, Damyem, Mutdam, Olaxtra, Daslad, M003, Ernie98, Kingphillip, Youngseraph, Emerald18, Jhybho, Fiyah, Chinwezdasilva, Jsharp, Adajiboyy, Ideatoprince18, Deesquare01, Nidaxj, Snowangel, Gbens2000, Spdazzy, Mattkent, Dimssy, Hefelove, Iyoha240, gbens2000, vaxt, TONYE001, Mczigx, saxwizard, SimpleBea, bukaty, Maiconyoung, Euniz, dadido, oluangelkay,

am here present!!
Re: Rhoda by hefelove(m): 11:16am On Aug 05, 2016
Rukkydelta:
I'm already here
oya sit. take pop corn #grabs bae's waist
#shinesteeth

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by Missmossy(f): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2016
Present, interesting piece. Ride on cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Rhoda by iykekelvins(m): 2:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
Following.. Ride on
Re: Rhoda by tobex23(m): 2:49pm On Aug 05, 2016
Rukkydelta:

I'm already here

Hello ma, could you please spare me a minute of your time please.

Really need your help ma
Re: Rhoda by saxwizard(m): 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
I am here.....please sumbody with popcorn shud come sit by me

Oya fire dey go
Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
Thanks all will update soon
Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2016
Episode 4
Dinner was ready and served. Give my sister the credit, she could cook you if you turned to food. Dinner was fried rice and jollof rice,salad, moimoi and Turkey,I didn't take much because I knew dinner won't go well or maybe because I planned to make it hell.
Father sat like a king on the biggest chair and mum Sat at his right hand beaming and blushing with sheer gladness I wanted to slap her. God,I hated them.
My sister Sat quietly at his left hand,eating and frequently picking calls from several managers and celebrity. She lived the lifestyle my mother loved while I hid behind books.
We said the dinner prayer and mum asked us to fill our glasses to make a toast. The table had three drinks; American honey, 5alive and a family bottle Coke. I filled my glass with the alcohol. If I was going to do something stupid let me do it with a mind that didn't care about its outcome.
We held our glasses while mum filled hers
"Let's make a toast to the return of my lovely husband and caring father of my children. May your return being bliss to our family" my mother kept looking into his eyes the whole time. The display of affection was too obvious and it began to give me ideas.
Maybe mother had begged father to come back perhaps it wasn't his wish nor will. It was all mum's scheme.
We clanged our glasses together and drank our drinks. Everyone dropped their cups on the table but not me. I raised it high and left it to drop. It crashed on the floor with a loud crash and shattered into a million pieces.
Mum looked at me with rage,my sister opened her mouth in shock and my father had that calm all-is-well look that I always hated.
I wanted him to be angry but he was a useless play boy. He knew this game better and I was in for everything it took to get him out of our lives for good.
"Are you insane?" Mother looked at me like I fell out of Mars
"I am not the one who is insane on this table,someone else is"
Honour your father and your mother but f**k that, that man wasn't a father he was an animal and a thief.
"Rhoda,you have no right to refer to father in that manner" trust my sister to always use my English name,she was our Nigerian Americana but I was glad she knew who the other insane person on the table was without further question.
I looked over to the large table. Father was smiling and I couldn't take it anymore.
I stood up and left the dinning even though I was terribly hungry,I'd rather starve than dine with the devil and his two demons.
I would sneak into the kitchen in the night and fix myself something to eat buy right now "I've had a good dine with the devil mum,he will hurt us all again. That's his talent!"
I knew they would hear and that was the plan.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rhoda by Missmossy(f): 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
Keep it coming, interesting piece. Thumbs up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhoda by peeparty(m): 9:38pm On Aug 05, 2016
Missmossy:
Keep it coming, interesting piece. Thumbs up.

Hi missmossy please would need you to vote iamkingzlee tommowr for Mr Nairaland. #final.
Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 7:41am On Aug 06, 2016
Thanks all for following lemme get more people here

macpetrus. Uthman51 stuff46 seunviju kceemart
kingsley18 nceedaga therealbabe Costlybabe
prettydiva89 Rounakid IdyRaph kingphilip
Otupeluv heemah will007 aprilwise demmy66
KOLITE93 missfaviy 1sikiru1 MhizTemmie
Missmossy lovingangel Mimikathy JulietAKK
faithomoh24 cheskabiney Sirfrederick labaski
Harmonyemerald ayodijex Fembleez1 MissMalia
mismore Omotayelolu.
Omotayelolu Sanmix2007 kenoz shoyemiayodeji
boladegreat shegs2009 ixora3 Kruzilano
Tholuwani michaelmo11 Noela12 hadease
sherryshitt lhateaphart21 MsKaffy Feyikemi12
Maryofficial Tuljaking underage nceedaga abbiey
Queening missuniverse EllaGold35 Orlolahdey
Klare fam24 loshybab clemz88 qhutetomsel
jaymomma nimat158 tizblink sheyflixy1 Israel23
lilbethlars merasnipes
deslim Lobolintin bumsiee teelord1 ngona Chivee
latbas rotluv famora d4real890 soniachuks
Niwdog amyvals SweetyZinta niffy102
Ormorlehwah Frankzamani OlufemiWhit
ChyEndowed jeremie97 bamgbalaot leosmaria
Chimdim silverx teeman10 awesomebabe sbyna
omobola200 ArrowAssassin Preeteeshir GATED
IamYhudii adeh39 chinedumo adeodunsimilolu
akugbemike Aipete2 Hicea1 Ashiat39 rollex4ever
ritzeluv slimport Uthman2senior mercydaniel
loveyP tizblink Felinize folake25 princessadeola
girly2020 umahi69 BlizzydoDo Dahprech Dahprech
SPDAZZY Shoelace1 mimicious gunners160
Rajosh Fumzybabe Brozo1 will007 Coolfaze
Omoalhaja7 Ronke001 Slingkey FIDELITY24
chiboyo rhoseti1 totalhouse adefunke62
temilade20
jecigold happinessa517 pweetyoge donziller
gabrisunate emtebe blossomic fabulousbrainzz
Holuwadharah Executiveti loshybab GiftedAgwu
juliejames sodson11 Angelina996 Mj45 Airies
Yungdamsel folalek Godwinfriz kemmyp
michaelmo11 Damzy997 MrKIDO raffyreuz
Damiewonder uniqueflash oluwasolajames
PEZMAN Upnepaa GodWisdom Ashraf123

2 Likes

Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 8:01am On Aug 06, 2016
Episode 5
I heard my mother apologising to father for my bad manners. Not that I didn't feel bad for talking that way,I just knew if anything bad happened father would make it seem my fault and mother never listened to me it was always me and I didn't have a say over anything.
By 12 'o' clock I heard my parents room door close shut then I left my room quietly and headed off to the kitchen. My sister had left the dishes for me to wash the next morning. Did she ever do anything or should I just blame it on the nails she just fixed in lekki the previous day? I shook off the anger that was still in me. If I wanted to have a good night rest,I had to forget my worries and expect a brighter future with my father in the house.
My stomach still had that pain that made me doubt my father's second coming was a good thing. Maybe it was just hunger that made my stomach feel like I had appendicitis.
My dinner had been poured in the bin as expected. Mum always did it on purpose she knew I would come back for it in the middle of the night. I hissed loudly and made myself some cornflakes.
I was going to the mall the next day with my boyfriend and didn't even know what to wear. I knew I had to get some sleep because if I didn't do so I would doze off in the cinema and that would not be sensible. But my boyfriend and I had gone through too many unreasonable episodes and the thought made me smile every time and It felt good to smile this time. Things at home was too hard to bare and I needed a friend to talk to about everything but everyone had their lives and I didn't want to place my burden on anyone.
I finished my cornflakes and felt better, I could even see properly. I quietly washed the plates and headed up the stairs trying not to make any sound to announce my return to my room. I was good in sneaking around the house. It was the talent that helped me and ruined me.
I got to my room and shut the door behind me.
"Hello baby"
I froze at the voice. How did he get in here? What was he even doing here. I couldn't speak nor utter a word,i just stood there like a statue.
Oh God,this isn't happening again.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rhoda by hefelove(m): 8:22am On Aug 06, 2016
Father and daughter? Are you pondering what am pondering undecided

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by saxwizard(m): 8:30am On Aug 06, 2016
Oya no make the suspense enter our body too much

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2016
thnk GOD say chance stil dey front seat, kip d ball rolling.
Re: Rhoda by Rukkydelta(f): 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
tobex23:

Hello ma, could you please spare me a minute of your time please.
Really need your help ma
Photoshoot have my vote already cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2016
Will update tonight
Re: Rhoda by SPDAZZY(f): 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2016
frozenfirenaija:

Présent
Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 7:55pm On Aug 06, 2016
Episode 6
"Daddy loves you. Daddy would take care of you. Daddy wants to make you happy" he touched my pelvis and traced his hand to my clitoris and continued fiddling with me. He stretched me unto the bed and used his tongue to fiddle my private part.
I closed my eyes tight and blocked the thought away. The memory faded with him kissing and kissing and kissing.....
Then I returned to reality. I was standing at the entrance of my room and he had that usual play boy smile on his face. My father was the reason why I believe the devil isn't black with two horns. The devil is beautiful than my sister and his smile was brighter than my father's.
When mother announced the reunion with father I told my self I would gather enough courage and put the past behind me but now it occurred to me that I lied to myself I wasn't brave enough to confront him with the past.
I wanted the past to stay where it was because I was scared of being helpless but here I was standing like the fool I really am.
"You are really matured now. Did you keep my promise?"
I shut the door behind me and walked over to him with cold feet. I swallowed hard and kept my cool, this was a tough situation and I had to handle it lest I fall.
"I see you haven't changed,father" I spat his name out like I spat out base when it got to my mouth during titration in chemistry classes. He kept grinning the whole time and I hungered to slap him. My heart was beating faster than ever,faster than it did the last time my father was in this room with me.
"If you don't leave,I would---" he grabbed my hands and pulled me down to his side. How I hated my weightlessness or was it his strength?
"Keep your voice down,there is nothing you can do. The old fool would always believe me. You know I play my cards well" I yanked off his hands as he made to place them on my Laps and I jumped up to my feet and walked to the door.
"It's high time you left,father" I placed my hands on the door knob to open the door but the door flew open by its self.
We had an intruder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhoda by mismore(f): 9:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
frozenfirenaija:
Thanks all for following lemme get more people here

macpetrus. Uthman51 stuff46 seunviju kceemart
kingsley18 nceedaga therealbabe Costlybabe
prettydiva89 Rounakid IdyRaph kingphilip
Otupeluv heemah will007 aprilwise demmy66
KOLITE93 missfaviy 1sikiru1 MhizTemmie
Missmossy lovingangel Mimikathy JulietAKK
faithomoh24 cheskabiney Sirfrederick labaski
Harmonyemerald ayodijex Fembleez1 MissMalia
mismore Omotayelolu.
Omotayelolu Sanmix2007 kenoz shoyemiayodeji
boladegreat shegs2009 ixora3 Kruzilano
Tholuwani michaelmo11 Noela12 hadease
sherryshitt lhateaphart21 MsKaffy Feyikemi12
Maryofficial Tuljaking underage nceedaga abbiey
Queening missuniverse EllaGold35 Orlolahdey
Klare fam24 loshybab clemz88 qhutetomsel
jaymomma nimat158 tizblink sheyflixy1 Israel23
lilbethlars merasnipes
deslim Lobolintin bumsiee teelord1 ngona Chivee
latbas rotluv famora d4real890 soniachuks
Niwdog amyvals SweetyZinta niffy102
Ormorlehwah Frankzamani OlufemiWhit
ChyEndowed jeremie97 bamgbalaot leosmaria
Chimdim silverx teeman10 awesomebabe sbyna
omobola200 ArrowAssassin Preeteeshir GATED
IamYhudii adeh39 chinedumo adeodunsimilolu
akugbemike Aipete2 Hicea1 Ashiat39 rollex4ever
ritzeluv slimport Uthman2senior mercydaniel
loveyP tizblink Felinize folake25 princessadeola
girly2020 umahi69 BlizzydoDo Dahprech Dahprech
SPDAZZY Shoelace1 mimicious gunners160
Rajosh Fumzybabe Brozo1 will007 Coolfaze
Omoalhaja7 Ronke001 Slingkey FIDELITY24
chiboyo rhoseti1 totalhouse adefunke62
temilade20
jecigold happinessa517 pweetyoge donziller
gabrisunate emtebe blossomic fabulousbrainzz
Holuwadharah Executiveti loshybab GiftedAgwu
juliejames sodson11 Angelina996 Mj45 Airies
Yungdamsel folalek Godwinfriz kemmyp
michaelmo11 Damzy997 MrKIDO raffyreuz
Damiewonder uniqueflash oluwasolajames
PEZMAN Upnepaa GodWisdom Ashraf123

Following
Re: Rhoda by joanee20(f): 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
Na wa ooo...some men sha...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

African Nerd / Out Of The Blue / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.