Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

News Updates, August 3 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / News Updates, August 3 (572 Views)

News Updates, August 17 / News Updates, August 9 / News Updates, August 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

News Updates, August 3 by Newsbreakers: 6:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
Tonto Dikeh thank fans for not body-shaming her after giving birth

Nollywood actress and mother of one, Tonto Dikeh-Churchill took to her Instagram page some hours ago to thanks her fans and others for not body-shaming her after she gave birth. She wrote,

“I have been smiling ear to ear for days now because of your lovely comments My #Instafam. Yessss of course I read all my comments,Who lied that we don’t. That’s what we Live for lol,Enjoying the Highs and Lows of it all

Y’all bursting my head oooooo with praises
Thanks my people,I couldn’t appreciate y’all individually(Baby drama) so I did this post to say
THANK YOU ALL FOR LETTING ME BE ME AND APPRECIATING MY NEW BODY AND NOT PUTTING ME DOWN••
I LOVE YOU ALL
GOD BLESS YOU ALL
#MRSX #MAMAKING#IYAWOCHURCHILL”

Souirce: http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/08/thank-you-all-for-letting-me-be-me-and.html#more

Two children die in fire outbreak in Akwa Ibom

A couple identified as Mr and Mrs Francis Ekanem has lost their two children and home, in Ikot Usen, Ibiono Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom State, to fire caused by a lit candle in the house.

The couple are bean cake (akara) traders.

They were said to be outside grinding the beans needed to prepare their product later in the day while their children were asleep in a room where the lit candle was placed.

The candle fell and started a fire but the busy couple were not aware at the initial stage.

Eyewitness say the children cried for help and tried to escape from the house but could not because of the burglary proof.

The parents then rushed to neighbours for help after they were alerted to the fire outbreak.

Sadly, the children were burnt to death before they could be rescued.

Police say it has opened an investigation into the incident.

Cultists kill final year student in Imo University

A final year student of the Imo State University, Owerri, IMSU, has been murdered in a cold blood by yet to be identified suspected cultists.

The deceased, whose identity was given as Ibekwe Obrien, was a final year student who was doing his clearance in school before he was gunned down at the IMSU extension front gate area of the campus.

It was also learnt that another student, Triple, was shot at the back gate area of the Campus. Though he sustained gunshot injuries, he was said to still be alive at the time of filing this report.

The police Public Relations Officers, PPRO, in the state, Mr Andrew Enwerem, a Deputy Superintendent of police, DSP, said that his office had been briefed on the incident.

He disclosed that the police had moved into action as investigation to unravel the circumstances was ongoing while manhunt for the killers was intensified.

Yeni and Seun Kuti remember dad

Seun and Yeni Kuti have paid tribute to their late father, Afrobeat legend, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, 19 years after his death.

“Nineteen years ago our Icon father, leader and father of the Nation left the world stage. He lives in us forever and continues to guide and protect us,” Yeni Kuti, who uploaded a photo of her late dad on Instagram wrote.

“That is why Nigeria didn’t go to war against all predictions. Rest in peace Fela. We miss you.”

Seun, on the other hand, used the occasion to call on Nigerian youths to learn lessons from the late music icon and honour the country’s heroes.

My husband will never renounce struggle – Nnamdi Kanu’s wife tells Buhari

The wife of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra, IPOB, has denied her husband is giving up on the fight for independence.

This is coming following reports that the Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta (MEND) was negotiating with the Nigerian federal government on the possible release of Kanu, on the condition that he would renounce Biafra.

But Uchechi Okwu-Kanu in a statement maintained that the recent allegations against her husband Nnamdi Kanu were incorrect and insulting.

Anybody thinking that my husband will renounce Biafra is certifiably insane,” she said, adding that “MEND does not speak for her husband.”

“This type of news as distressing as it is, is laughable because no group can postulate what my husband can or cannot do or say. This is not only an insult to our belief and of our rights as a people, perpetrated by dishonourable minds”, she further stated.

Kanu’s wife added that “It is now apparent that the charges against my husband are politically motivated and not a judicial process as President Buhari would have the world believe.

“This singular act of tyranny and injustice against my husband amongst others is reprehensible to every reasonable mind and is one of the critical reasons for the emergence of the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) who have in their quest, consistently called for the release of my husband, which President Buhari has underplayed.

“Subsequently, Nnamdi Kanu should be present at any negotiations and I can refer President Buhari to F.W. de Klerk of South Africa on how to negotiate with a freedom fighter.”

The IPOB had equally released a statement stating their leader had not “consented to any agreement”

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Buharized Death - Woman Dies Because Of One De Rica Can Of Rice / Argument: Some Destined To Be Poor And Some Destined To Be Reach, True/false? / Heart Breaking Pictures From Syria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.