Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Fashola: They Teach You How To Generate Power Not How To Deal With Vandalization - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: They Teach You How To Generate Power Not How To Deal With Vandalization (531 Views)

Apologise For Disrespecting Ibe Kachikwu Now Or We Resume Pipeline Vandalization / Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) / Vacate Our Communities In 14 Days Or Face Mass Vandalization – Ex-militant Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola: They Teach You How To Generate Power Not How To Deal With Vandalization by ijustdey: 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2016
Babatunde Fashola, minister of power, works and housing, has denied making promises of better power supply.

Speaking in an interview with Channels television, Fashola said that his plans did not consider vandalization of pipelines because he was always focused on power generation.

“Let us be careful when you claim that I made promises because I am ever so conscious of the things that I say and I believe that if I recollect correctly, it was when I was unveiling my ministries, probably sometime late December last year, and it is unlike me to make promises on things I don’t control,” he said.

“If you check the words I used, I shared with you our plans if it worked and where we will be. Those promises don’t factor in vandalisation. You know when they teach you how to generate power in school, they don’t teach you how to deal with vandalisation.

“When they teach you how to do banking, they don’t teach you about round-tripping so those are the assumptions that things would remain normal. There is no nation in the world that wants electricity that vandalizes the assets that produce electricity; it doesn’t make any sense.

“I can control what my team does, I can promise you what my team efforts will produce but I can’t control behaviour that is counterproductive. Those pipelines are national assets; they were built with our common wealth, the people whose territories it passes are custodians of it.

“Let us assume that the people who are also custodians of Jebba, Kainji and Shiroro dams go to break them down because they are angry, then who gets power?”
The former governor of Lagos state also said that the short-term objective of the ministry is to increase production to enable better power supply.

“We want to get incremental power first, short-term objective. Energy anywhere, we can get it because the energy is not enough.

“Five thousand megawatts, which was our peak production in February this year, is not enough for a country of over 100 million people. We will get it from everywhere — from gas, solar, hydro from nuclear and biomass.”

https://www.thecable.ng/fashola-they-teach-you-how-to-generate-power-but-not-how-to-deal-with-vandalization

lalasticlala
Re: Fashola: They Teach You How To Generate Power Not How To Deal With Vandalization by Cutehector(m): 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2016
And should we also blame the minister of Petroleum for the pipeline vandalism and the destruction of oil and gas assets?

The ministers of power and petroleum are not responsible for vandalized government assets.

Who are the security operatives? Hold them responsible.
Re: Fashola: They Teach You How To Generate Power Not How To Deal With Vandalization by aresa: 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2016
“Let us assume that the people who are also custodians of Jebba, Kainji and Shiroro dams go to break them down because they are angry, then who gets power
?”

The real message here...
Re: Fashola: They Teach You How To Generate Power Not How To Deal With Vandalization by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
ijustdey:

“Let us assume that the people who are also custodians of Jebba, Kainji and Shiroro dams go to break them down because they are angry, then who gets power?”

Food for thought.

But some people will still insult him.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: They Teach You How To Generate Power Not How To Deal With Vandalization by sCun: 6:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
But Fashola knew vandalism was an issue when he was blasting Jonathan up and down.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: They Teach You How To Generate Power Not How To Deal With Vandalization by Montaque(m): 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
Excuses...
Where is your ADR skills? Employ it towards the militants to redeem your name before its too late.
Re: Fashola: They Teach You How To Generate Power Not How To Deal With Vandalization by Emekamex(m): 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
Power generation is now rocket science, isn't it?

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan:the Face Of Democracy In Africa Off To Zambia(PHOTOS) / Dollar Scarcity: Petrol Price Hike Looms, Marketers Say / The Internet Never Forgets: Detained Blogger Abu Sidiqu Vs Doyin Okupe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.