Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Site, Server or Network Downtime - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Site, Server or Network Downtime (1203 Views)

How Nairalands Downtime Helped Me Make $100,000 (MUST READ) / Nairalanders You Missed During 'downtime' / Search For Server Or Personal With Dstv Cardsharing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Site, Server or Network Downtime by Seun(m): 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2005
Hello,

The Nairaland Server went down a few minutes before 6:30am this morning (just after I left my PC) and was brought back up a few minutes after 7pm this morning (when I retunred to my PC). I am very, very sorry. I'm wondering what I can do to prevent this from happening in the future. For example, if someone had alerted me, I would have fixed it much earlier.

Seun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Site, Server or Network Downtime by Seun(m): 7:12am On Jan 22, 2006
Soon we're going to need to migrate the forum to faster and more spacious server, but before we pay the money it will be nice to know for sure that the performance of the site on the new Virtual server will actually be better than what we are enjoying today. At certain times during the week I notice that the forum can get overloaded.

1 Like

Re: Site, Server or Network Downtime by hotangel2(f): 11:21am On Jan 22, 2006
Yeah, sometimes the site just refuses to load, while other sites load. I tot it was normal.. cos you have to update the site and all that.

But i didn't know it was a problem.. i hope you fix it soon if it's a problem. About moving to another something something, i hope it's a better thing.. i dunno much abt this stuffs, but whatever you do.. hope it's for the benefit of the users.
Re: Site, Server or Network Downtime by nicetohave(m): 11:38am On Jan 22, 2006
Just want to say youre doing a great job of NL seun, i personally am overcome. i was fast asleep then and didnt even know the server was down.......anyway sha in case of next time and i notice it, id alert you.......thanx
Re: Site, Server or Network Downtime by mikebuddy(m): 1:39pm On Jan 25, 2006
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Site, Server or Network Downtime by Seun(m): 3:37am On Jan 30, 2006
Since my last post:
- I have optimized the forum much more in order to delay the need for a faster server.
- I have purchased a more reliable server on a new, more expensive host with a better reputation.
- I am formulating a backup plan so the site can continue running even if something similar happens later.
Re: Site, Server or Network Downtime by hotangel2(f): 3:38am On Jan 30, 2006
That's ama-za-zing. smiley smiley
Re: Site, Server or Network Downtime by ZuluNation(m): 3:55am On Jan 30, 2006
I was with out NL for two freaking days seun,I felt like some junkie *heroin addict* pretty bad. So the next round of drinks is on you Seun wink wink.

BTW, You doing a great service here dude, keep it up cheesy cheesy
Re: Site, Server or Network Downtime by nicetohave(m): 4:47am On Jan 30, 2006
yeah..........thats why he's called seun osewa, if its not him then its not NL.........hope everything works out

Re: Site, Server or Network Downtime by Seun(m): 4:24pm On May 30, 2007
The site was down for another 6 hours today. I was asleep, and there was an unexpected software failure.
I'm still on my old server, and with the same web host, but this wasn't a network issue at all.
Re: Site, Server or Network Downtime by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 30, 2007
Nairaland is always off or not accessable in crucial moments.

It's not fair!

Seun: why u dey tell ur brother i dey give you wahala?" grin

(1) (Reply)

Amnesty In Niger Delta: Freedom Fighter And Promises Of Federal Government. / No More Deferment Of Ptdf Overseas Scholarship / Plateau Women Storm Abuja, Protest Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.