Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,135 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official (5103 Views)

250,000 Kebbi Farmers To Become Millionaires / Ganduje Inspects Wheat, Rice And Tomatoes Farms In Kano (Photos) / CBN Grants Loan To 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Boost Agriculture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by realjoker(m): 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2016
The Wheat Farmers Association of Nigeria in Kano State on Wednesday commenced the registration of its members interested in the Central Bank of Nigeria’s anchored borrower’s programme.
Alhaji Faruk Rabi’u, the state chairman of WFAN, said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Kano.
The registered wheat farmers are expected to use the loan to cultivate the commodity during this year’s dry season farming.
The programme was introduced by the Federal Government to support farmers to boost rice and wheat production in the country.
Rabi’u said: “We have commenced registration of our members for the CBN anchor programme ahead of the upcoming dry season.
“We plan to register 75,000 wheat farmers who will benefit from the loan in the state.”
Rabi’u said the decision to commence the registration was borne out of the association’s effort to process the loan on time to enable farmers prepare before the dry season.
According to him, farmers are required to open an account with one of the commercial banks as one of the conditions before accessing the loan.
He said: “So, we want to make sure that all registered farmers fulfill the conditions for accessing the loan before the dry season farming commences.”
Rabi’u, however, expressed optimism that the programme would go a long way in boosting wheat production in the country.
He, therefore, called on farmers in the state to make the best use of the opportunity provided by the present administration, to enhance their socio-economic status.
NAN reports that under the CBN anchor borrowers’ scheme, each farmer was expected to collect seedlings, fertilizer, chemicals and water pump which represent a total package of N220,855.
Each farmer was also expected to cultivate one hectare and repay the loan after harvesting the commodity.

https://www.today.ng/business/162193/75000-wheat-farmers-benefit-cbns-loan-official

2 Likes

Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by free2ryhme: 11:13am On Aug 04, 2016
let have the location and breakdown of these farmers that will benefit from this scheme
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by DONSMITH123(m): 11:13am On Aug 04, 2016
good one.

The Lord knows the kind of comfort we need when we’re grieving. He knows even better than we do. All we have to do is call on him. We don’t need to give him instructions. We don’t even have to tell him what’s wrong. All we have to do is say, “Lord, I need you,” and he will be right by our side.

Prayer

Dear God, thank you for sending your Son, who experienced pain and suffering and knows how to comfort us when we are hurting. Let us always remember to turn to you in times of grief. Amen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by izzou(m): 11:13am On Aug 04, 2016
Cant wait for the thread to be filled with writeups like

Buhari again

Dullard

Northern president.

As if them dey plant wheat for their village

Iranu!!!

cool

1 Like

Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by free2ryhme: 11:14am On Aug 04, 2016
it is possible to have their breakdown and locations cheesy
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:15am On Aug 04, 2016
Nice
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 04, 2016
200K - STINGY GOVERNMENT
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by Proffdada: 11:16am On Aug 04, 2016
So we have so much wheat farmers undecided

1 Like

Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by gokay11(m): 11:17am On Aug 04, 2016
Agriculture is the way forward

1 Like

Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by project4OO: 11:17am On Aug 04, 2016
75,000 wheat farmers in Nigeria?

cheesy cheesy
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by ALAYORMII: 11:18am On Aug 04, 2016
I pray that the real farmers get it and not shared the usual way they do it among their cronies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by pyxon(m): 11:19am On Aug 04, 2016
izzou:
Cant wait for the thread to be filled with writeups like
Buhari again
Dullard
Northern president.
As if them dey plant wheat for their village
Iranu!!!
cool
So why did he target wheat that is only grown in the North and not palm or cashew grown in the south. Abi na only north get Agric sector??
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by qually: 11:20am On Aug 04, 2016
free2ryhme:
it is possible to have their breakdown and locations cheesy
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by stevebond007(m): 11:20am On Aug 04, 2016
Nice development the country needs a revolution in the Agric Sector.

How can people be dieing of hunger when there are fertile lands every where in this country.

Imagine, people living in desert regions. Israel, Dubai teaching Nigerians how to farm.

1 Like

Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by LydayBobo(m): 11:22am On Aug 04, 2016
Guys this is real believe me. Remember I asked the guy that show us his tomatoes farm on Nairaland? The easiest way to work and become a millionaire is to ask the right questions and get busy farming diligently. Aside from the fact that CBN will subsidize the loan at first you stand a chance to get all the money free to continue your productions after payment. Let us stop looking for loopholes in everything and start paying the price for a better future. Watch out for my Farm sha ooooo
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by Spells(m): 11:24am On Aug 04, 2016
Buhari n boosit

Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by kaen1317: 11:25am On Aug 04, 2016
Indian hemp farmers should also benefit this loan. Not that I smoke or use Indian hemp but the plant has many beneficial effects from curing cancer, inflammation amongst others. Also, in view of the harsh economic am sure the variety we have in Nigeria is of extremely good quality and will find ready buyers in America and parts of Europe where it is legal. Jokes apart its also a viable channel in diversifying the economy from oil. Those that smoke it seem to handle the harsh economy with a stride also. This is serious God for thought. What do u think?
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by Pavore9: 11:25am On Aug 04, 2016
LydayBobo:
Guys this is real believe me. Remember I asked the guy that show us his tomatoes farm on Nairaland? The easiest way to work and become a millionaire is to ask the right questions and get busy farming diligently. Aside from the fact that CBN will subsidize the loan at first you stand a chance to get all the money free to continue your productions after payment. Let us stop looking for loopholes in everything and start paying the price for a better future. Watch out for my Farm sha ooooo

What do you intend to get involved in?
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by LydayBobo(m): 11:32am On Aug 04, 2016
Pavore9:

What do you intend to get involved in?
Casava, maize and palm oil. Was lucky my Dad left a mass of land. I have tomatoes presently but not much.
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by Pavore9: 11:34am On Aug 04, 2016
LydayBobo:
Casava, maize and palm oil. Was lucky my Dad left a mass of land. I have tomatoes presently but not much.

Where is the location and do you have access to water all year round where it is?
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by mrpotoristools: 11:45am On Aug 04, 2016
Pray its reaches them
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by DabuIIIT: 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2016
free2ryhme:
let have the location and breakdown of these farmers that will benefit from this scheme

you dont have to bother urself about that,the project is dead on arrival if its major beneficiaries are not northerners..cbn dare not do otherwise..
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by Frank3n2(m): 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2016
Issokay
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by Daniel058(m): 12:25pm On Aug 04, 2016
But here in Ebonyi, instead of helping Farmers, they are collecting the Little one we have, and those thieves think think it will ever be well with them.. My 50k plus will never let peace rain in ur life unless i ever get money from anybody in a dubious way. cry

1 Like

Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by Fawklicant: 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
project4OO:
75,000 wheat farmers in Nigeria?

cheesy cheesy

Do we have up to 75000 crop farmers in Nigeria?
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by izzou(m): 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
pyxon:
So why did he target wheat that is only grown in the North and not palm or cashew grown in the south. Abi na only north get Agric sector??

I was expecting this kind of writeup

Well, wheat was chosen for now. Maybe palm oil might be next.
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by pyxon(m): 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
izzou:

I was expecting this kind of writeup

Well, wheat was chosen for now. Maybe palm oil might be next.
Oga, cattle was chosen yesterday wheat was chosen today, groundnut will be chosen tomorrow and thats how this government will focus on the north at the expense of the south till their tenure finishes
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by pyxon(m): 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2016
Daniel058:
But here in Ebonyi, instead of helping Farmers, they are collecting the Little one we have, and those thieves think think it will ever be well with them.. My 50k plus will never let peace rain in ur life unless i ever get money from anybody in a dubious way. cry
Amen. Thats my state
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by Daniel058(m): 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
pyxon:
Amen. Thats my state
o di OK, I'm from izi..
Re: 75,000 Wheat Farmers To Benefit From Cbn’s Loan – Official by izzou(m): 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
pyxon:
Oga, cattle was chosen yesterday wheat was chosen today, groundnut will be chosen tomorrow and thats how this government will focus on the north at the expense of the south till their tenure finishes

Was cattle chosen yesterday? NO

Will groundnut be chosen tomorrow? I CANT SAY

Are you even into agriculture? I DONT THINK SO

Besides you dont even know if the past administration has intervened in some aspects and this government is just touching the untouched areas

Dont let your every single thought be triggered by partiality

Its a welcome development. And am igbo by the way though i dont support bubari style of governance

cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aller Aqua Has Reduced Price Of Fish Feed Ooooo / Livestock Feed Price Update / My First Farming Attempt At Maize,okra,egusi Melon And Pepper.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.