Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) (3117 Views)

Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body / List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States / Made In Nigeria Rice From Niger & Kebi States (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by ayokujero: 4:58am On Aug 04, 2016
Made in Nigeria Rice costlier than imported Rice how are we encouraging local market 50kg of imported Rice cost 13k now made in Nigeria cost 16k why is dat?

We produce oil yet we buy it higher than those we sell it to.

We need to Change and encourage Nigerians to partonize our our local produce by making its price cheaper and better not higher.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by labamo07(m): 5:05am On Aug 04, 2016
@op you posted a pic with N8200 and you are quoting N16, 000. Where did you get your price from?................

1 Like

Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by jamesibor: 5:10am On Aug 04, 2016
labamo07:
@op you posted a pic with N8200 and you are quoting N16, 000. Where did you get your price from?................

N8,200 for 25kg means N16,400 for 50kg.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by ayokujero: 5:25am On Aug 04, 2016
jamesibor:

N8,200 for 25kg means N16,400 for 50kg.

I am aware of your Maths skills but I didn't say 2bags
I said 50kg
Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by Nobody: 5:42am On Aug 04, 2016
Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by project4OO: 5:47am On Aug 04, 2016
The quoted cost of imported rice needs verification. The cost of a paint rubber currently stands at N1600 (from N800-900).

1 Like

Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by Nobody: 5:57am On Aug 04, 2016
Even if a cup of rice becomes 500 naira, we will vote for buhari in 2019

1 Like

Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by anungangampu: 6:16am On Aug 04, 2016
Make we dey deceive our self na. Na today, most of our imported product are more cheaper than than our so called locally produced. Most of the technical product u see made here is just assembled here and not produced . So no matter how we discourage import we are still importing to produce and export.
Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by jamesibor: 6:25am On Aug 04, 2016
ayokujero:

I am aware of your Maths skills but I didn't say 2bags
I said 50kg

Dude, is it that you can't read or you have a problem with comprehension?

Someone asked a question and I answered his question. How you come take involve yourself?
Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by dav8id(m): 7:19am On Aug 04, 2016
i think the i.imported price @op quoted is not true

imported rice price is ore than that, our local rice is natural and hygienic than that imported rice with lot of chemical mixture
Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by jam04(m): 8:16am On Aug 04, 2016
Where can one see this rice to buy in south west, specifically Lagos and Abeokuta
Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by 9japride(m): 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2016
I believe the local rice is more healthy than those Asian packaged chemicals. Though what makes things more expensive here are due to poor social amenities which add up cost to production.
Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by aloeman15(m): 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
Sorry to say-
Contrary to your opinion and that of @9japride, all our home grown foods are bathed in chemicals- specifically because we lack proper storage facilities.
The high chemical content is why nigerian beans was banned from europe-
After over 50 warnings.
So rice from china might actually be safer than our locally packaged rice; unless you observe the whole process from grower to consumer, there's really no way to be sure of ours. At least son and nafdac can check quality at our borders and ports.
dav8id:
i think the i.imported price @op quoted is not true

imported rice price is ore than that, our local rice is natural and hygienic than that imported rice with lot of chemical mixture

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by 9japride(m): 10:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
aloeman15:
Sorry to say-
Contrary to your opinion and that of @9japride, all our home grown foods are bathed in chemicals- specifically because we lack proper storage facilities.
The high chemical content is why nigerian beans was banned from europe-
After over 50 warnings.
So rice from china might actually be safer than our locally packaged rice; unless you observe the whole process from grower to consumer, there's really no way to be sure of ours. At least son and nafdac can check quality at our borders and ports.
[color=#006600][/color]

Really? I don't know about that, though we have a very poor service delivery in this country. Anyway, I still prefer Nigerian products
Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by obstead200(m): 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
anungangampu:
Make we dey deceive our self na. Na today, most of our imported product are more cheaper than than our so called locally produced. Most of the technical product u see made here is just assembled here and not produced . So no matter how we discourage import we are still importing to produce and export.
I prefer to suffer and buy made in Nigeria goods at higher prices than to buy cheaper imported goods. Importation is killing us very fast. We need to STOP.
If it means suffering for a while with high prices, so be it. With time, the laws of demand and supply will normalize things
Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by ayokujero: 9:34pm On Aug 05, 2016
obstead200:
I prefer to suffer and buy made in Nigeria goods at higher prices than to buy cheaper imported goods. Importation is killing us very fast. We need to STOP.
If it means suffering for a while with high prices, so be it. With time, the laws of demand and supply will normalize things

Why haven't anyone died since we have been eating imported Rice. Stop consoling yourself or looking for silly reason to encourage our leaders insensitive nature

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by joinnow: 10:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
ayokujero:
Made in Nigeria Rice costlier than imported Rice how are we encouraging local market 50kg of imported Rice cost 13k now made in Nigeria cost 16k why is dat?

We produce oil yet we buy it higher than those we sell it to.

We need to Change and encourage Nigerians to partonize our our local produce by making its price cheaper and better not higher.
Is this ofada rice?
Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by bbmoringa: 6:15am On Aug 06, 2016
Propropro:
Even if a cup of rice becomes 500 naira, we will vote for buhari in 2019
Dog bite suspected!
Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by obstead200(m): 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2016
ayokujero:

Why haven't anyone died since we have been eating imported Rice. Stop consoling yourself or looking for silly reason to encourage our leaders insensitive nature
When I said "killing us" I do not mean physical killing. I meant the effect of importation on our economy, foreign reserve, job creation etc.
Even illiterates understand what I meant. I really wonder why u don't.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by elmisti(m): 8:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
obstead200:

picture of you eating local rice, driving innoson, watching startimes or u jst dey do blind crusade
Re: Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) by Ozededes: 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2016
Buy land for agricultural purpose in Ibiyan , yewa north local govt area ogun state for 270,000naira per acre.
Documents:
Provisional survey
Deed of assignment.
For more info call 08059414703
Start building your future now.

(1) (Reply)

5000 Hectares Available For Lease At Cheap Price / Catfish Famers In Osun State / Pls Help! My Watermelon Crops Are Dying.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.